Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,982 members, 7,863,497 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:58 PM

Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) (49157 Views)

Court Orders The Eviction Of Deposed Emir Of Kano, Ado Bayero From Palace / Emir Of Kano Bayero In His Cadillac V8 314 Custom Phaeton 1931 (Throwback Photo) / PHOTOS: Ooni’s New Wife, Silekunola, Enters The Palace With Grace, Elegance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) by Safyqueen: 1:52pm On May 25
LongwayGone2021:
Seems Nasarawa is an extension of Kano. Or better put, a retired home for any deposed Hausa monarch. Recall Sanusi's first point of relocation was to Awe in Nasarawa that year.

Or is it just a coincidence?

🤔

The Nasarawa they are referring to in this issue is an area in Kano. A LGA for that matter not Nasarawa state whose capital is Lafia.
Re: Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) by Eagleways: 1:56pm On May 25
immortalcrown:
I don't know who is right and who is wrong in the battle. But I am sure that selfishness, greed and ego are the cause of the battle.

If such a thing happens in the Igbo land, the narrative will be that Igbo people hate one another. Bigots will say that the Igbo should not lead Nigeria since the Igbo people cannot lead themselves.

If it happens among pastors or Bishops, the narrative will be that Christianity is a white man's weapon to destroy Africa. Religious bigots will say that Christianity is a scam.

On the other hand, who sends the army on a mission like this? Is it not obviously illegal for soldiers to interfere in this case?
thanks bro. Permission to forward this comment to different forums
Re: Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) by immortalcrown(m): 2:03pm On May 25
Eagleways:
thanks bro. Permission to forward this comment to different forums
Alright.
Re: Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) by psalmsjob: 2:15pm On May 25
IfnobeGod20:

Why confusing people up and down. As far back as 2013. Remember the late emir before him was from Bayeros' family and the stool is rotated between Bayeros' and Sanusis' families. The late Bayero erroneously made his son to be ciroma of Kano instead of one of the Sanusis' family. It makes a lot of sense without any political undertone that the emir should go to Sanusis' family after Bayeros' family has had their biteof the stole.
To the build up to his enthronement, 20 of them were screened and he was found to be the next in line.

Read the details below.

"Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, who has been eying the over 1000 year old stool which his late father mounted before he died, has been Dan Majen Kano, a senior emirate position in the Kano emirate.

Information has it that no fewer than 30 candidates, including Sanusi Lamido are in hot contention for the stool. Others are the Ciroman Kano (heir apparent), Sanusi Lamido Ado Bayero; Turakin Kano, Nasir Ado Bayero; Sarkin Dawaki Tsakarigida, Aminu Ado Bayero; Wambai Kano, Alhaji Abbass Sanusi; Galadima Kano, Tijjani Hashim; and a member of the board of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, Abdullahi Ado Bayero.

Investigation revealed that all the candidates are expected to be screened soon by a four-man team of kingmakers in the Emirate’s Council of State.

The kingmakers are Makama, Madaki, Sarkin Dawaki Mai Tuta and Sarkin Bai.

A top source said: “The race for the vacant stool started immediately the death of Emir Ado Bayero was announced. We are talking of about 30 candidates.

“The late Emir had up to 70 children, including females. The jostle appears to be a straightforward battle between the Bayeros and Sanusis whose fathers were brothers.”

The source added that although the Emir appointed his son as Ciroman Kano (heir apparent), but that it may not translate into automatic succession.

See also: North Central APC Group Rejects Ganduje's Confidence Vote
The fate of the candidates, the source said, lies with the kingmakers, who will make recommendation to the Kano State Government.

“The Emirate seeks a ruler who will consolidate on the unprecedented developments recorded during the reign of Ado Bayero.

“So, beyond being versed in the history and tradition of Kano Emirate, the new Emir is expected to be highly educated, morally upright, cool-headed, well-connected and with a tinge of international influence and a symbol of peace.

“This is why it is likely to be a battle royale between ex-CBN Governor and the children of the late Emir. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has intimidating credentials.

“For the first time, the kingmakers have blue-blooded candidates who are exposed and well-educated abroad.”

It was gathered that those aspiring to the stool had been lobbying influential Kano leaders to prevail on the kingmakers to pick them for the vacant stool. There are indications that the candidates are already playing what the people say “royal politics.”

For instance, some are claiming that one of the candidates has a Yoruba maternal lineage and the Fulani heritage should not be handed to a Yoruba man.

They are believed to be digging up their antecedents to outwit each other before the kingmakers who have to consult within a short time to appoint a new Emir"

Thank you for the attached article because I think apart from its resourcefulness to Nairaland it also buttresses my point that Sanusi wasn't who was the Chiroma, heir apparent nor chosen based on age long traditional procedures instead by all those "Sanusi CV" listed as "new conditions" that other candidates must suddenly go and acquire and now we know based on his statement just few days ago how his friend; Wigwe and Co helped him to market himself through newspapers and articles such as this at that time.

An Emir's pronouncements is "Customary law" that must be obeyed especially after his death and cannot or should not be termed "erroneous" after his death especially by person or people who aspire and are vying to occupy that same Emir's stool that's a sacrilege that usually leads to what we are witnessing today.

Justice demands Justice cikena grin
Re: Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) by Eriokanmi: 2:34pm On May 25
Tareq1105:

I pray your candidate would score half of what he scored in 2023.
lolz, you mean tinubu cos he won't get one-quarter. Muslim-Muslim ticket is already in the mud as you can see and don't expect any miracle for him in the north. Kano won't look his way cos SLS is back. You may just help us with that your prayer that Atiku walks his talk and elrufai is allowed to run with Obi cos atiku is still skeptical on elrufai's representation of the north. Then the winning will be a landslide and undisputable one, in favour of Obi
Re: Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) by immortalcrown(m): 3:45pm On May 25
Psady:
Don't end it that way, then u being bias , if it happens in Yorubaland they will say it's tinupu handwork , he's the lord of Yoruba land.My brother it's simply politics in play , stop bringing ethnicity and religion in such matter.
Only Tinubu will be accused, just as you yourself said. The entire Yoruba tribe will not be attacked, and the bigots will not say that Yoruba is not supposed to rule Nigeria. But if it happens in the Igbo land, the entire Igbo tribe will be condemned, IPOB will be dragged into it and it will be given as a reason to oppose Igbo presidency by all means.
Re: Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) by SlavaUkraini: 4:02pm On May 25
oz4real83:
Who always deploy these military personnel on illegal businesses all over the country? It has become too common embarassed

Nuhu Ribadu
Re: Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) by emmykk(m): 5:16pm On May 25
immortalcrown:
I don't know who is right and who is wrong in the battle. But I am sure that selfishness, greed and ego are the cause of the battle.

If such a thing happens in the Igbo land, the narrative will be that Igbo people hate one another. Bigots will say that the Igbo should not lead Nigeria since the Igbo people cannot lead themselves.

If it happens among pastors or Bishops, the narrative will be that Christianity is a white man's weapon to destroy Africa. Religious bigots will say that Christianity is a scam.

On the other hand, who sends the army on a mission like this? Is it not obviously illegal for soldiers to interfere in this case?

The soldiers were sent to make peace
Re: Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) by immortalcrown(m): 5:54pm On May 25
emmykk:
The soldiers were sent to make peace
Soldiers are not mean for that.
Re: Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) by opeldavid: 6:40pm On May 25
Just imagine the s ok called emir throne being tossed left & right. No more respect. Politicians will destroy this country.
Re: Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) by Abemy(m): 8:31pm On May 25
Bayero in the first instance was the right person to succeed his late father as the emir of Kano.

Ganduje manipulated it to favor Sanusi. When they fall apart, he then remembered Bayero. No matter how one sees it, Sanusi shouldn't have been an emir in the first place.
Re: Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) by IfnobeGod20: 9:40pm On May 25
psalmsjob:

Thank you for the attached article because I think apart from its resourcefulness to Nairaland it also buttresses my point that Sanusi wasn't who was the Chiroma, heir apparent nor chosen based on age long traditional procedures instead by all those "Sanusi CV" listed as "new conditions" that other candidates must suddenly go and acquire and now we know based on his statement just few days ago how his friend; Wigwe and Co helped him to market himself through newspapers and articles such as this at that time.

An Emir's pronouncements is "Customary law" that must be obeyed especially after his death and cannot or should not be termed "erroneous" after his death especially by person or people who aspire and are vying to occupy that same Emir's stool that's a sacrilege that usually leads to what we are witnessing today.

Justice demands Justice cikena grin
I am just here to correct the notion you're peddling about that SLS wasn't in line or entitle to the stool when Kwankwaso made him one. Just I have said as far back as 2013 he said it to whoever wish to hear that he was in line for the Kano emir stool, because he knew it was his clan turn to be emir of Kano. By all standard he was 100% qualified to be made emir.
Re: Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) by donmik: 10:06pm On May 25
immortalcrown:

Truth be told, i am not a Kano person but the seat is rightly for Bayero.

I followed all that transpired since 2012
Re: Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) by immortalcrown(m): 10:08pm On May 25
donmik:
Truth be told, i am not a Kano person but the seat is rightly for Bayero.

I followed all that transpired since 2012
Kindly tell me all that happened regarding the tussle.
Re: Deposed Emir Of Kano, Bayero, Moves Into Nassarawa Palace With Soldiers (Video) by Metrofox(m): 11:52am On May 26
Bruisecruise:
So what happens in 2027 when APC returns to power through Ganduje’s candidate as governor? Dethrone Sanusi again? And the cycle continues?

To be honest, Sanusi could have thanked Abba for the gesture but declined to be returned and ask the governor to appoint another neutral Emir in his stead after the unification of the emirate back to the way it once was.

That way, it would be outrightly difficult and ridiculous for any future governor to tamper with the arrangement. Also, it would cement Sanusi as one of the greatest leaders ever.

With the current development, it has paved way for political ping-pongs to be played with the throne of the emirate.

Do you guys think Ganduje would take this fight as a defeat in his lifetime? Sanusi knows that he’s on a borrowed time no matter how we emotionally spin these events.

What borrowed time? Since when did ganduje become all powerful in Kano state? He couldn't even hold sway against his predecessor kwankwaso when he was governor not to talk of now when he's out of office. Ganduje is done for in Kano

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinuade Babalola Not Allowed To Have Boyfriend; Must Be Celibate In Her Reign / Moment Oba Of Lagos Returned To His Palace After Two Months (Video) / Inside Igwe John Umenyiora's Palace In Ogbunike, Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.