Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,912 members, 7,863,160 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:25 PM

Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano (37617 Views)

Oborevwori Defies Court Order, Presents Staff Of Office To New Delta Monarch / Zahrah Audu Throws Out Tenants, Defies Court Order / Army Habits Die Hard As Nigeria's Buhari Defies Court Orders - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by Jagaban2012: 8:17am On May 26
DeepSight:

Do you know that you guys obsession and fixation with this man who allegedly came third in the election only serves to maintain his political relevance? Even where a topic has nothing to do with this man, you guys must bring him up. He is living rent free in your heads.

Like Yoruba. People is living rent free in all your Ibo. People heads ....

I can see all The reason for your people's frustration is that obi Peter, a political failure who enjoys the admiration of his supporters on the internet, lost an election. In the meantime, his fame ends at Onitsha Bridge.
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by abibun: 8:18am On May 26
Anyiamaka:

I hope you know how big Kano State is. Aside Ganguje's personal vendetta, do you have anything against Kano having 5 emirs instead of one?
yes, how many emirs do they have in other states like sokoto, Katsina. Those that sat down and say let there be Emir here, why do they not make it five emirs. It iswhen sanusi and Ganduje had issue that's when he remembered it should be 5 and when he was deputy why did he not bring up that idea
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by fredoooooo: 8:19am On May 26
Anyiamaka:

I hope you know how big Kano State is. Aside Ganguje's personal vendetta, do you have anything against Kano having 5 emirs instead of one?
Tradition first ..
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by DoctorAyukebot(m): 8:19am On May 26
Anyiamaka:

Bigger than the United Kingdom I suppose
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 8:27am On May 26
Nonexisting1:
I don't know why this guy will not leave that nonsense seat and go for a more dignifying position. If he comes out as presidential or vice presidential candidate today and teams up with another smart young man, younger generation will vote him. This Kano emir tussle is beneath him abeg.

I said the same thing. Dude is bigger than that position. He got all it takes to be president of this country
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by Anyiamaka: 8:27am On May 26
Kwaramustgoodag:
Is wrong. Very wrong. Only one king rule a town.

We are not talking about a town here. The whole Kano state had one emirate. It was later divided into 5 for better service delivery even though it was occasioned by personal vendetta of Ganduje. Do you still think with it's big size, Kano State should have only one emirate?
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by IkeAbuja: 8:33am On May 26
Politicians have have turned our sacred traditional stool into a mess and mockery shame to our elders also for allowing themselves been used and controlled like robot by politicians
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 8:34am On May 26
Ola9ja23:

We will gladly vote for Sanusi rather than a Bitter Obituary fraudster or IPOB πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜€

Your use of emojis indicates how juvenile and irrational you are
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by DeepSight(m): 8:37am On May 26
Jagaban2012:

Like Yoruba. People is living rent free in all your Ibo. People heads ....

I can see all The reason for your people's frustration is that obi Peter, a political failure who enjoys the admiration of his supporters on the internet, lost an election. In the meantime, his fame ends at Onitsha Bridge.

You people are so tiresome in your pedantic and retarded assumptions.

I am not Ibo.
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by Anyiamaka: 8:37am On May 26
abibun:
yes, how many emirs do they have in other states like sokoto, Katsina. Those that sat down and say let there be Emir here, why do they not make it five emirs. It iswhen sanusi and Ganduje had issue that's when he remembered it should be 5 and when he was deputy why did he not bring up that idea

Thank you for your enquiry.

The truth is Katsina State with a landmass of 24000kms has two Emirates ; Katsina emirate and Daura Emirate. The honest questions to ask are:
1) why does Katsina State not have one Emir?
2) Is only two Emirates adequate for the whole geographical size of 24000kms?

Kano State has 20000kms landmass. We know how things work in Nigeria. One Emir cannot handle all cases for all the people on time. Some persons who live very far from the palace may never take and seek justice for their cases there when they measure the distance and cost of transportation.

Aside personal vendetta, dividing Kano Emirate would serve the people more.
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by DeepSight(m): 8:38am On May 26
DREAMHOMES6970:

I said the same thing. Dude is bigger than that position. He got all it takes to be president of this country

You simply dont know who you are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 8:39am On May 26
Jagaban2012:
obi peter must definitely have something to say about this....let's go to his X account ...he is used to dropping some clueless comments concerning unconcern matters. perhaps he is currently attending a burial ceremony of an unknown person...he is a jobless political failure like some of scalawag on Nairaland who drop garbage comments

Your greatest nightmare doesn't even know you exist. How you connected this post to ur greatest nightmare is a mystery. This is gradually becoming madness

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 8:43am On May 26
DeepSight:

You simply dont know who you are talking about.

Kindly expatiate. I might be wrong about him even though I like him as a person
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by Abee79(m): 8:44am On May 26
This Kannywood movie is sweet O! 🀣🀣🀣
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by Mirasteel: 8:52am On May 26
ttobizz:
Two can play the game
Exactly. Ganduje did his own, now is the turn of the current governor.
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by Anyiamaka: 8:54am On May 26
fredoooooo:

Tradition first ..

Tradition should naturally come first and last.
Tradition is made by people and people also review it.

In the place where you come from, I am sure a lot has changed over time.

I am proud Igbo man. In my town, people used to serve native gods. Today, Christianity is the order of the day and idol worshippers are in minority. Something had to give way to something for the town to prosper.

Our women used crude methods to attend to the palm trees. They made intricate baskets from the fronds. The extracted oil from palm kernels by Cooking and marching on it in a local pit to separate the fruit from the kernels. They further use water to extract the oil through a very crude method that leaves the environment dirty and themselves too.
They further use stone to break the Kernal to extract the nuts.

Today, they now use machines that can do the whole process in much less than an hour and in a much better manner that extracts nearly all the oil in the palms. The machine pounds it, separates it, extract the oil, cracks the ketnals and separates the nuts from the husks.

Should I talk about the crude burial and funeral practices of our forefathers that has been modified and is subject to continues modification for the overall good of the community and the people?

Should I talk about conflict resolution mechanisms that have also been modified to dispense better justice for all?

Tradition comes first and last.

Katsina State has two Emirates. Kano State deserves more than one emirate and it shouldn't be about Sanusi. 20000skm is not a small landmass. One typical Nigeria emir will never handle all cases on that table diligently. The size is quite much and having one Emir will naturally lead to negligence of some area and their people.
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by Ikpongiton: 8:55am On May 26
This man is too sound, too educated and too intelligent for this local throne.i just believe that, this man does not believe in himself .he is better than all the governors of Kano state past and present,he is even a good material for president.
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by frog12: 8:56am On May 26
no wonder they like to fool people like you. the position is for life. pres or vp is not for life grin

Nonexisting1:
I don't know why this guy will not leave that nonsense seat and go for a more dignifying position. If he comes out as presidential or vice presidential candidate today and teams up with another smart young man, younger generation will vote him. This Kano emir tussle is beneath him abeg.
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by Anyiamaka: 8:58am On May 26
DoctorAyukebot:

Bigger than the United Kingdom I suppose

Don't go far. This is serious for ridicle.
Standard of living in UK and in Kano, are they the same? The quality of infrastructure and people in UK and Kano are they the same?

Katsina State has two Emirates. Don't you know? Are they adequate for Katsina?

If this is not about Sanusi, is it not really good to divide the emirate into 5 for better service delivery ?
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by Kwaramustgoodag: 8:58am On May 26
Anyiamaka:

We are not talking about a town here. The whole Kano state had one emirate. It was later divided into 5 for better service delivery even though it was occasioned by personal vendetta of Ganduje. Do you still think with it's big size, Kano State should have only one emirate?
how many did sokoto have, how many katsina have,how many Kaduna have and how many kwara have.
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by frog12: 8:59am On May 26
na for life position

DREAMHOMES6970:

Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by DeepSight(m): 8:59am On May 26
DREAMHOMES6970:

Kindly expatiate. I might be wrong about him even though I like him as a person

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is a very eloquent (well spoken) man, and with this eloquence, he is able to throw the wool over the eyes of most people in terms of who he really is. The truth is that this is someone who is a well known Islamic fundamentalist to the extent of once leading a mob which beheaded an innocent man for alleged blasphemy. The name of that man was Gideon Akaluka and this happened in Sokoto during the Abacha years. The story is well known, please google it. SLS was arrested by Abacha for that incident but because of his elitist and royal family connections he was eventually released quietly, the story was hushed up, and he was rehabilitated by being given a position in the banking sector where he eventually rose to become CBN Governor.

As CBN Governor, Sanusi was brash and tyrannical. Within five weeks of resumption, he had concluded a voodoo audit that led him to sack five bank CEOs and take over their banks by force, eventually selling off some of these banks in very questionable circumstances, the most notorious case being how he helped his friends at Access Bank take over a much larger Intercontinental Bank - which they owed tens of millions.

Not satisfied with all this, Sanusi unilaterally printed N620 Billion which he stuffed down the throats of the allegedly ailing banks. This was a most illegal move as such creation of monies can only be done with certain approvals and certainly no monies created can be expended without legislative imprimatur as obtains under our constitution and also everywhere in the world, but Sanusi got away with this with smooth grammar.

In addition, Sanusi gave out CBN funds like it was a church bazaar. Mostly to Northern universities. He claimed that this was under the "CSR remit" of the Central Bank but this was another illegality: statutory organizations do not have any CSR remit!

He was also ridiculously political, loquacious, impulsive and tempestuous, all very bad qualities for a CBN Governor. This led him to make the wild accusation that $50 Billion had been stolen from NNPC. When challenged he first changed his figure to $12 Billion and then later to $20 Billion. What banker does not know his figures and bandies about such accusations wildly without proof?

Sanusi is and remains a wild, temperamental, tyrannical man who acts impulsively, talks irresponsibly and has many illegalities on his record. He would make a terrible president for the particular reason of his outsized ego.

cc: Ikpongiton
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by Legalaffairs(m): 9:04am On May 26
immortalcrown:
Game of Thrones season 9.

Let's see how it will end.

Nobody has used this battle to condemn the entire Hausa tribe. Nobody has said that Hausa people shouldn't rule Nigeria since they cannot rule themselves. Everyone is focusing on the individuals involved in the battle. That is very right. But if such a battle happens in the Igbo land, the entire Igbo land will be condemned and bigots will say that the Igbo should not rule Nigeria since Igbo people cannot rule themselves. The bigots will also drag Obi and IPOB into it. But nobody has dragged Boko Haram into the battle in Kano and nobody has used it to condemn any presidential candidate from the North. Why can't the narratives be the same?

Nobody has used this battle to condemn Islam. Everyone is just focusing on the individuals involved in the battle. That is very right. But if such a battle happens among priests, pastors or bishops, Christianity would have been condemned. Many people would have used the opportunity to say that Christianity is a scam. Why does the narrative change?

You are free to attack my comment. But as long as you cannot point out any falsehood in my comment, you are just ranting.

IGBOPHOBIA IS REAL. KNOW THIS AND KNOW PEACE.

THEY DIE SILENTLY WATCHING IGBOS MARCH ON DESPITE THEIR UNITED IN HATRED TEAM ENFORCED BY IGBOS INDEPENDENCE IN THINKING AND OTHERWISE, AND THEIR RESILIENCE TO STAY AT THE TOP WITHOUT A FEDERAL MIGHT AND ASSISTANCE.
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by Resonance2019: 9:06am On May 26
Lovelive:
Look at your life ?
You have brought this bitterness life the Gandollard used to scatter Kano's tradition here.
Is this topic about Obi ?

May bitterness never leave you !

Keep it up ! Iseeeeee

Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by Atarakpa: 9:09am On May 26
Nonexisting1:
imagine this guy and obi. I Don't see reason why Nigeria will not move forward.
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by Lavor234: 9:18am On May 26
Honestey:
Sanusi is the original Emir, Bayero was the political Emir so why is court doesn't want his reinstatement? Was he not qualify the first time? I blame Gandollar for bringing this into royal family
Is he? Please tell me which Habe king ruled Kano before the Emirates took over?
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by Anyiamaka: 9:24am On May 26
Kwaramustgoodag:
how many did sokoto have, how many katsina have,how many Kaduna have and how many kwara have.

Lol.

Would you have a problem with this if you didn't think it's about Sanusi? Niger State has 5 Emirates; Suleja Emirate, Kontagora Emirate, Borgu Emirate, Agaie Emirate and Kagara Emirate.

Specifically, Kaduna State has six first-class Emirs; Emir of Zazzau, the Emir of Jema’a, Emir of Birnin Gwari, the Emir of Lere, Emir Kajuru and the Emir of Kagarko.

In Kwara State, we have only one Emirate for the the Emir of Ilorin only. The same state has; The Olofa of Offa and many Obas as the Olomu of Omu-Aran, The Olupako of Share, the Onipee of Ipee, The Olojoku of Ojoku, The Olukotun of Ikotun, The Olomu of Omupo, The Olora of Ora, The Oloro of Oro-Ago,The Owa L’obbo of Obbo-Aiyegunle,The Owa L’obbo of Obbo-Ile, The Owa of Eruku, The Alaran of Arandun, The Alaran of Aran-Orin,The Obajisun of Aiyedun, The Oludofian of Idofian, The Oba of Babanla, The Olusin of Ijara-Isin,The Oniwo of Iwo, The Onijagbo of Ijagbo,The Olola of Olla and The Olowu of Owu-Isin.

In Kwara, the Emir of Ilorin is not superior to any of the above kings. There are all first class kings in case you don't know.

The Sokoto caliphate has well above 10 Emirates. Go and verify.

CC: DoctorAyukebot
fredoooooo
abibun
moshoodn
Jman06
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by emonis88: 9:26am On May 26
Jagaban2012:
obi peter must definitely have something to say about this....let's go to his X account ...he is used to dropping some clueless comments concerning unconcern matters. perhaps he is currently attending a burial ceremony of an unknown person...he is a jobless political failure like some of scalawag on Nairaland who drop garbage comments
u should stop having nightmares about Obi for ur health o!
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by Lithiumite: 9:28am On May 26
Nonexisting1:

Only if you know how much free money is attached to that throne....5% of all the LG's allocation under him goes to his office.....just go check how many LG's his emirate covers,then you will get the gist

Also traditional rulers hardly gets probed unless they have issues with their govs.....I hope the picture is getting clearer now.....the most difficult thing to ignore it this world is free money.
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by Eriokanmi: 9:34am On May 26
Nonexisting1:
Nothing can be more dignifying than the royal throne. President will come and go but an emir lives till he breathes his last.

By the way, that overnight court order won't fly. Its a joke of the century. If the judiciary is so serious, whoever that was involved should be punished for bringing the judiciary to such a ridiculous scene.
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by frog12: 9:36am On May 26
why the LG go give these rulers that much?? shocked

Lithiumite:

Only if you know how much free money is attached to that throne....5% of all the LG's allocation under him goes to his office.....just go check how many LG's his emirate covers,then you will get the gist

Also traditional rulers hardly gets probed unless they have issues with their govs.....I hope the picture is getting clearer now.....the most difficult thing to ignore it this world is free money.
Re: Sanusi Defies Court Order, Mounts Throne As Emir Of Kano by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 9:41am On May 26
DeepSight:

Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is a very eloquent (well spoken) man, and with this eloquence, he is able to throw the wool over the eyes of most people in terms of who he really is. The truth is that this is someone who is a well known Islamic fundamentalist to the extent of once leading a mob which beheaded an innocent man for alleged blasphemy. The name of that man was Gideon Akaluka and this happened in Sokoto during the Abacha years. The story is well known, please google it. SLS was arrested by Abacha for that incident but because of his elitist and royal family connections he was eventually released quietly, the story was hushed up, and he was rehabilitated by being given a position in the banking sector where he eventually rose to become CBN Governor.

As CBN Governor, Sanusi was brash and tyrannical. Within five weeks of resumption, he had concluded a voodoo audit that led him to sack five bank CEOs and take over their banks by force, eventually selling off some of these banks in very questionable circumstances, the most notorious case being how he helped his friends at Access Bank take over a much larger Intercontinental Bank - which they owed tens of millions.

Not satisfied with all this, Sanusi unilaterally printed N620 Billion which he stuffed down the throats of the allegedly ailing banks. This was a most illegal move as such creation of monies can only be done with certain approvals and certainly no monies created can be expended without legislative imprimatur as obtains under our constitution and also everywhere in the world, but Sanusi got away with this with smooth grammar.

In addition, Sanusi gave out CBN funds like it was a church bazaar. Mostly to Northern universities. He claimed that this was under the "CSR remit" of the Central Bank but this was another illegality: statutory organizations do not have any CSR remit!

He was also ridiculously political, loquacious, impulsive and tempestuous, all very bad qualities for a CBN Governor. This led him to make the wild accusation that $50 Billion had been stolen from NNPC. When challenged he first changed his figure to $12 Billion and then later to $20 Billion. What banker does not know his figures and bandies about such accusations wildly without proof?

Sanusi is and remains a wild, temperamental, tyrannical man who acts impulsively, talks irresponsibly and has many illegalities on his record. He would make a terrible president for the particular reason of his outsized ego.

cc: Ikpongiton

Wow! Am dumbstruck... Anyway I will do my findings. Thanks for the report

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Victor Umeh Entrance Into Anambra State After Release - Photos / 2019: Buhari Presidential Campaign In Kaduna (Photos, Video) / β€˜I Did Not Work For Atiku’ – Dele Momodu Fires Back At Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.