Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,950 members, 7,863,378 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:35 PM

Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) (43155 Views)

Russian Forces Take Over Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant In Ukraine / Coup In Mali: President And Prime Minister Arrested By The Army / Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by MajorOvakporaye(f): 9:55pm On May 25
WriterNig:

The West only brings death, chaos & destruction.

Sowing enemity and hatred between two brother nations.

Divide and rule, that's their MO.

Keep shut there!!! And what are Africans and Nigerians doing to themselves? Helping one another, right? People like you complain about racism but yet carry tribalism on the head like Gala.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Procashtips(m): 9:59pm On May 25
obedience4:

Silly excuse grin

We are not debating who built the steel plant in the first place, the USSR built it no doubts

My bone of contention is that during the Russia-african summit in 2019 there was an agreement between the Nigeria government and the Russian federation to revitalise the steel plant.
Why didn't Russia kept to its promise

Tell us what happened to the so called agreement since you know about the submit.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:02pm On May 25
motionarena:

you sick in the brain. Right?
Its the President u calling a drug lord seems u wanna be unfortunate

Is Ebola a drug lord in Chicago or not
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Krismas(m): 10:02pm On May 25
grin đź”´Yedioth Ahronoth and Reichmann University poll:

- Most israelis believe that Hamas has won the war so far

- 37% of israeli right-wing voters believe that Hamas won, compared to 16% who believe that “israel” won.

- 40% of center and left voters in “israel” believe that Hamas won, compared to 4% who believe that “israel” won.

- 63% of israelis believe that the United States has become less safe to travel to

(The survey was conducted on a sample of 810 Israelis)
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Krismas(m): 10:04pm On May 25
grin đź”´Yedioth Ahronoth: Thousands of israelis demonstrated near Netanyahu's home in Caesarea, chanting: "Stop the lies and sacrifice of israelis. This government is a failure and Netanyahu is a disaster."
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by obedience4(m): 10:06pm On May 25
Procashtips:

Tell us what happened to the so called agreement since you know about the submit.

Let me Help you
Let me quote Wikipedia
You can also do your research.

In 2019, at the Russia-Africa Summit in Sochi, Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin agreed on a revitalization of the steel mill with Russian support. A taskforce within the Nigerian government was set up with a view to revamping the project with funding from the Afreximbank and the Russian Export Center. However, the COVID pandemic delayed and ultimately thwarted these plans

Covid 19 was 4 years ago, yet the Russian federation have refused to invest on the plant

In January 2024, the Nigerian government announced that it had commenced discussions with Chinese steel company Luan Steel Holding Group with the aim of reviving the Nigerian steel industry, including the production of military hardware at Ajaokuta Steel Mill

Nigeria government had to start looking at the Chinese for investors, even that also failed.
Now the steel plant is a complete write offs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajaokuta_Steel_Mill
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by texazzpete(m): 10:07pm On May 25
How can this be the biggest solar farm in Africa when Morocco exists?

This is Nairaland Sha. Una no dey too read book like that
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Ttipsy(f): 10:15pm On May 25
Great
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by PortHarcourtcit(m): 10:21pm On May 25
HateBigots:
I wonder why they are avoiding Nigeria
because Nigeria belongs to Nigeria...
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by CertifiedGee(m): 10:23pm On May 25
Skydivine:
About 12 plots make one hectare of land. Therefore 312 hectares would be
12 x 312=. 3744 plots of land ( the size of more than 100 of national stadium Lagos).

I hope this is well thought out and not just one Russian company acting as front for their government grabbing land in the guise of solar power.

Huge national security issue if you ask me, to allow a foreign company such occupation.

For a country like Mali, rich in Uranium and Lithium, Russia would do anything to “invest” there.

An hectare is actually about 15 plots and 15*314 = 4710 plots. Let’s leave the numbers alone first, I also agree with other part of your write up. Maybe there’s a company/organization or even the country as a whole (Russia) using the project as front for land grabbing or some other ulterior motives like that Uranium and Lithium mining.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by discusant: 10:26pm On May 25
And Russia never colonized any African country. Countries that colonized African countries should have built water supply projects in cities in the countries they colonized, collect rent.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Krismas(m): 10:26pm On May 25
grin Kazarian Jews the fake northern European Kazars who stole the identity of real Jewish people and created the ROTHSCHILD'S. ROCKEFELLERS who all came from South Germany where they created the Illuminati in 1776 ... And took control of the local governments and financed the trains and public roads and created the ROTHSCHILD'S banking systems through Europe and help JP Morgan take over the U.S. banking system after the Titanic killed the biggest U S. Bankers and richest tycoons who were against creating a federal reserve controlled by the ELITES ( kazariams. The Fake AshkenNAZI Jews , who only made a deal with the Roman empire and bought of the Jewish Leaders to become into Judaism and name themselves Jews..)

Now to this day the The Elite families of Kazariams descendants control Israel ( it was [they] Kazarians who created Rothchilds banking etc etc ECT etc.... And then created the WORLD WARS to install governments and loan money for wars and created 70% European laws through war and propaganda........ To this day the GLOBALIST/Kazariams run Israel and created the United Nations and took over countries and governments......

Most people are unaware that the U.S. government and most democratics and Republicans are runned by the Kazarians Fake Jews.

This is why Q told you Israel is saved for last (taking down fake Jewish sector that intertwined with the real Jews ...... You must Remember the real Jews are also fighting against the fake Jews Zionist kazars ... This is happening right now.... )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by PepeXKermit: 10:54pm On May 25
Skydivine:
12 x 312=. 3744 plots of land ( the size of more than 100 of national stadium Lagos).

I hope this is well thought out and not just one Russian company acting as front for their government grabbing land in the guise of solar power.

Huge national security issue if you ask me, to allow a foreign company such occupation.

For a country like Mali, rich in Uranium and Lithium, Russia would do anything to “invest” there.

Mumu do you read at all?
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by ogbonti: 10:57pm On May 25
HateBigots:

Putin knows Tinubu more than Tinubu knows himself and Putin knows nothing good can come out of a lying machine and fraud of a Presidiot
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by donforeign: 10:57pm On May 25
WriterNig:

everyday y'all keep applying to get visa to the west...the hypocrisy
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Crafteck1: 11:12pm On May 25
Procashtips:

You mean the same people that started it?

They didn't end slave trade they only changed the name.

Ever heard of neo-colonialism?

Your head de pain you, arabs enslaved people 14 centuries before European learnt the trade, even your moh traded slaves... Go and verify..
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Crafteck1: 11:14pm On May 25
WrriterNg:

🤡 🤡

After having their fill, torturing and enslaving ignorant mutts like you for the 400 years.

They then decided to "end" it so fools like you can praise them for it in the future like you're doing now.

Check what i replied your fellow dunce, arabs enslaved people for 14 centuries before European did, gues who ended it?
clue... No b arabs.. Ignoramus
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Tellmeastory: 11:15pm On May 25
I'M SHOCKED THE TITLE DIDN'T SAY, ''RUSSIA SNUBS NIGERIA TO BUILD SOLAR PLANT IN MALI.''

TRAITOROUS THINGS.

1 Like

Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Ate247(m): 11:27pm On May 25
Skydivine:

have you finished using the land in your country.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by riches4me(m): 11:48pm On May 25
Stanleymaster1:
Since Tinubu took power, foreign investment have totally stop coming to Nigeria. It like the man is a bad lock to the country. Nothing is working. The military leader he want to remove by force appear to be a good leader to his people
African mentally! FDI doesn't come by luck
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by SirLakes: 12:14am On May 26
Nigeria don cast every investor dey avoid am

1 Like

Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by vibratingpenis: 12:36am On May 26
WriterNig:

So when the West is not helping your own islamic agenda, they are bad, weren't it them that was dashing you weapons during the civil war? How did they become so bad to you, or is it Russia that is a christian state that the islamic terrorism is seeing as messiah, that medina prophet is a blunt joke.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by nedekid: 1:05am On May 26
This is what we want to see in Africa, not promoters of colonialism and wars.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by PHAYOL81: 1:14am On May 26
Cool
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by guysbewise: 1:17am On May 26
Kobicove:
A whole 314 hectares for just 200Mw?

I hope it's arid barren land and not prime arable land that can be used for agriculture that they're using for this project undecided

200 MW system could supply 200,000 average homes
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Skydivine: 1:26am On May 26
Ate247:
Your are such a simpleton. See how they have used just a promise only 200 megawatts of electricity to penetrate you.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Skydivine: 1:33am On May 26
Ate247:
Unfortunately, your are too focused on only what you can see.
Underneath that land in Mali, there are over 6000 trillion tons of Uranium. Valued at $130 per kg . Lithium, sliver and copper excluded.
Please do the maths.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by TobiAbuja: 1:45am On May 26
Nairaland, please make it clear when you are putting paid adverts on the front page. WriterNG is a paid shill and clearly money is changing hands for his puff pieces to be on the FP. Be transparent.

Russia has extracted $2.5bn worth of gold so far from Africa for their own use and Africa gets nothing back apart from a few bodyguards and some help massacring the odd village. Neo-colonialism at work.

1 Like

Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Edusouls(m): 3:25am On May 26
HateBigots:
nigeria is a plague people avoid plague my brother
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Raph82(m): 5:57am On May 26
Kobicove:
A whole 314 hectares for just 200Mw?

I hope it's arid barren land and not prime arable land that can be used for agriculture that they're using for this project undecided
Exactly my point, the size of the solar panels is still very large, I believe technological improvement can still reduce the size of the solar panels and make it more efficient. I can't imagine solar panels alone covering a whole expanse of land amounting to 314 hectares, an equivalent of 785 acres of land, for a paltry 200 megawatts or thereabout.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Xiaohei(m): 6:15am On May 26
farouk2much:
Pls... Make our leaders change masters.. Make we leave usa.. England... And france... Make we get collabo with russias putin..... Abeg

It doesn’t matter who our leaders cooperate with, if corruption isn’t dealt with, nothing will change. Mali 🇲🇱 is moving forward because of the change in leadership there. If the new leader is fantastically corrupt, nepotistic, and selfish, the status quo of the country would remain unchanged.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Obama Girls' Next 4 Years. Malia And Sasha: Oh, How They've Grown! Pics. / I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM / War Of Words As Trump & Biden Square Off In First Presidential Election Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.