Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,921 members, 7,863,242 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:41 PM

Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) (43150 Views)

Russian Forces Take Over Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant In Ukraine / Coup In Mali: President And Prime Minister Arrested By The Army / Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by skywalker240(m): 6:20am On May 26
Crafteck1:

Same people that ended slave trade and brought human rights.. De play
That themselves where once "CHAMPIONS OF SLAVE TRADE" ? undecided
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by skywalker240(m): 6:24am On May 26
WrriterNg:

šŸ¤” šŸ¤”

After having their fill, torturing and enslaving ignorant mutts like you for the 400 years.

They then decided to "end" it so fools like you can praise them for it in the future like you're doing now.
Don't even reply them again, let them continue in their idiocy
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Aykush(m): 6:29am On May 26
skywalker240:

Don't even reply them again, let them continue in their idiocy
Lol mumu na una type fit betray una country because of inferiority complex, both Russia and the west has no good to offer than to exploit you Africans needs to wake up without looking up to any west or Russia to save youā€¦and also you dumbos needs to stop asslicking! Itā€™s Clearly your brain is shallow because if not youā€™ll realize this op is a paid Russian agent for propaganda, Africans too mumu! May God help us
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Procashtips(m): 6:32am On May 26
Crafteck1:

Your head de pain you, arabs enslaved people 14 centuries before European learnt the trade, even your moh traded slaves... Go and verify..

Can you be civilized?

I should go and verify your own claim? grin
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Procashtips(m): 6:34am On May 26
obedience4:

Let me Help you
Let me quote Wikipedia
You can also do your research.

In 2019, at the Russia-Africa Summit in Sochi, Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin agreed on a revitalization of the steel mill with Russian support. A taskforce within the Nigerian government was set up with a view to revamping the project with funding from the Afreximbank and the Russian Export Center. However, the COVID pandemic delayed and ultimately thwarted these plans

Covid 19 was 4 years ago, yet the Russian federation have refused to invest on the plant

In January 2024, the Nigerian government announced that it had commenced discussions with Chinese steel company Luan Steel Holding Group with the aim of reviving the Nigerian steel industry, including the production of military hardware at Ajaokuta Steel Mill

Nigeria government had to start looking at the Chinese for investors, even that also failed.
Now the steel plant is a complete write offs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajaokuta_Steel_Mill

Wikipedia?
You can do better.

Why not official statement from any of the 2 parties?

Anyone can anonymously write whatever on Wikipedia, so when it comes to serious matters, i don't rate Wikipedia.

Kindly use an official source

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Ate247(m): 6:47am On May 26
Skydivine:

Unfortunately, your are too focused on only what you can see.
Underneath that land in Mali, there are over 6000 trillion tons of Uranium. Valued at $130 per kg . Lithium, sliver and copper excluded.
Please do the maths.
You are the geologist who did the assessment right. Showing how foolish you're. Think positive and stop being useless.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by obedience4(m): 7:02am On May 26
Procashtips:

Wikipedia?
You can do better.

Why not official statement from any of the 2 parties?

Anyone can anonymously write whatever on Wikipedia, so when it comes to serious matters, i don't rate Wikipedia.

Kindly use an official source

The Minister said, ā€œ in October 2019, Nigeriaā€™s President Muhammadu Buhari and Russiaā€™s Vladimir Putin met at the Russia-Africa Summit in Sochi and agreed to revive the uncompleted Ajaokuta steel mill.

He noted that constraints posed by the outbreak of the COVID-19 global pandemic also delayed the take-off of the project.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/31/russia-forfeited-2bn-ajaokuta-steel-renovation-contract-over-war-with-ukraine-adegbite/
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Skydivine: 7:04am On May 26
Ate247:
You are the geologist who did the assessment right. Showing how foolish you're. Think positive and stop being useless.
Your phone has Google. But, unfortunately your only use it to heap curses on your linage.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Heffalump(m): 7:05am On May 26
WriterNig:
šŸ‘šŸ»Like for Russia-Africa, share for USA/Nazi/NATO 卍

If this is the only thing you can offer on nairaland, then you're actually jobless. Taking survey that leads to nothing. Aren't you tired of doing this already?
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by flyinnizam(m): 7:11am On May 26
Kobicove:
A whole 314 hectares for just 200Mw?

I hope it's arid barren land and not prime arable land that can be used for agriculture that they're using for this project undecided
what about the unused land in the north? what of sabimsa forest? Nigeria has more empty space than used space in the north and Mali has more unused space
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:20am On May 26
Aykush:
Russia asslicker and propaganda machinešŸ¤” Iā€™m not suprised I repeat had it been weā€™re in a sane country your ass needs to be investigated for propaganda!

Trash
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by dNortherner(m): 7:20am On May 26
osuofia2:
tongue
Waiting for those cretins that will come and insult America because Russia built a solar panel. America have done better things for Africa compare to Russia
What better things US did? Guns? Drones or what? Me no understand...
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by sulaak(m): 8:27am On May 26
Stanleymaster1:
Since Tinubu took power, foreign investment have totally stop coming to Nigeria. It like the man is a bad lock to the country. Nothing is working. The military leader he want to remove by force appear to be a good leader to his people

Foreign Investment started leaving Nigeria under GEJ PDP government Dunlop Michelin all left Nigeria under GEJ, the pace of foreign companies leaving accelerated under Buhari and Tinubu hopeless government.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by LillyandDaisy: 8:50am On May 26
My question is why??
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Procashtips(m): 8:51am On May 26
obedience4:

The Minister said, ā€œ in October 2019, Nigeriaā€™s President Muhammadu Buhari and Russiaā€™s Vladimir Putin met at the Russia-Africa Summit in Sochi and agreed to revive the uncompleted Ajaokuta steel mill.

He noted that constraints posed by the outbreak of the COVID-19 global pandemic also delayed the take-off of the project.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/03/31/russia-forfeited-2bn-ajaokuta-steel-renovation-contract-over-war-with-ukraine-adegbite/

Ok, so how does the above support your assertion?

Infact the article further supported my assertion that the west had a hand in it.

Because Nigerian leaders are puppets of the west, they swifty "replaced" Russia with a British firm. The same Britain that colonized Nigeria without building anything tangible within Nigeria during their occupation.

What the article didnt state was that Nigeria ended the contract because of the "sanctions" the west and their vassals must respect against Russia.

If it was the war that made Russia pull out, how come Russia is elsewhere building infrastructure both in Africa and other places?

It's been 2yrs+ since the so called British company took over, what exactly have they achieved and why is the same Ajaokuta steel contract being awarded to a Chinese government again in 2024?

So your link even supported me.

Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by skywalker240(m): 9:09am On May 26
Aykush:
Lol mumu na una type fit betray una country because of inferiority complex, both Russia and the west has no good to offer than to exploit you Africans needs to wake up without looking up to any west or Russia to save youā€¦and also you dumbos needs to stop asslicking! Itā€™s Clearly your brain is shallow because if not youā€™ll realize this op is a paid Russian agent for propaganda, Africans too mumu! May God help us
You must still be in your twenties, you don't know what life is, I won't reply you kid
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Aykush(m): 9:43am On May 26
skywalker240:

You must still be in your twenties, you don't know what life is, I won't reply you kid
Lol you have nothing to say man!
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by k4kenny(f): 10:01am On May 26
Neduzze5:
See what corruption is depriving Nigeria of.

Your president and his political party are zionist puppets. Check my signature for proof. We've been sold out to bloodsucking Zionist demons cry

1 Like

Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by k4kenny(f): 10:02am On May 26
farouk2much:
Pls... Make our leaders change masters.. Make we leave usa.. England... And france... Make we get collabo with russias putin..... Abeg

Your president and his political party are zionist puppets. Check my signature for proof. We've been sold out to bloodsucking Zionist demons cry
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Ate247(m): 10:12am On May 26
Skydivine:

Your phone has Google. But, unfortunately your only use it to heap curses on your linage.
so the fact Nigeria has oil deposits. Means you can find it in every nook and cranny of the country. You need Google more.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Skydivine: 10:19am On May 26
Ate247:
so the fact Nigeria has oil deposits. Means you can find it in every nook and cranny of the country. You need Google more.
Uranium is different from crude oil. You need a site closer to the mine for enrichment. Cross boarders transportation is highly monitored and risky due to possibility of exposure.
A very different situation from crude oil.
This beyond your knowledge.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Ate247(m): 10:30am On May 26
Skydivine:

Uranium is different from crude oil. You need a site closer to the mine for enrichment. Cross boarders transportation is highly monitored and risky due to possibility of exposure.
A very different situation from crude oil.
This beyond your knowledge.
Mali is over 1.2m square km. You made mention of the Russian taking over their land even after reading it will be handed over after 10years. I asked if you have finished using the land in your country. You made mentioned of uranium deposits. Who told you the said 314 hectares had deposits of uranium in it. You are just writing what is not relative to your argument. Clearly shows you're one of those kind of persons when asked a simple question. You will ask extra sheets writing rubbish.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by obedience4(m): 10:38am On May 26
Procashtips:

Ok, so how does the above support your assertion?

Infact the article further supported my assertion that the west had a hand in it.

Because Nigerian leaders are puppets of the west, they swifty "replaced" Russia with a British firm. The same Britain that colonized Nigeria without building anything tangible within Nigeria during their occupation.

What the article didnt state was that Nigeria ended the contract because of the "sanctions" the west and their vassals must respect against Russia.

If it was the war that made Russia pull out, how come Russia is elsewhere building infrastructure both in Africa and other places?

It's been 2yrs+ since the so called British company took over, what exactly have they achieved and why is the same Ajaokuta steel contract being awarded to a Chinese government again in 2024?

So your link even supported me.

Lol,
I quoted the minister who said the reason why the Russian government agreement didn't go on was because of covid 19 and the WAR with Ukraine,
Covid 19 was over 4 years ago,and Russia is still building projects elsewhere despite the WAR. What dose that tell you?
That It was all a ruse by Putin during the Russia Africa summit to score cheap diplomatic points they were never going to fund the project.

Nothing like West stop the agreement, the Russians never wanted to fund it period.

Must the Brits build anything for you?
You had independence for over 50 plus yet you are still taking about WHAT projects the British build for you?
Was Singapore not colonised under the British
Singapore is a first world nation.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by AmericanIdiot(m): 10:42am On May 26
WriterNig:

The West only brings death, chaos & destruction.

Sowing enemity and hatred between two brother nations.

Divide and rule, that's their MO.

Russia is not the west
Itā€™s the east
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Skydivine: 10:42am On May 26
Ate247:
Mali is over 1.2m square km. You made mention of the Russian taking over their land even after reading it will be handed over after 10years. I asked if you have finished using the land in your country. You made mentioned of uranium deposits. Who told you the said 314 hectares had deposits of uranium in it. You are just writing what is not relative to your argument. Clearly shows you're one of those kind of persons when asked a simple question. You will ask extra sheets writing rubbish.
After 10 years? Are you kidding me!
The information you seek is all over the internet as per the exact location and region.
The problem with your understanding of the situation is that you missed the total concept of strict international trans board movement of this material.
A bad actor only need to a comfort zone within the country itself to perpetuate their actions.
This is where you missed it. They donā€™t intend to mine but to enrich
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by AmericanIdiot(m): 10:43am On May 26
Skydivine:
About 12 plots make one hectare of land. Therefore 312 hectares would be
12 x 312=. 3744 plots of land ( the size of more than 100 of national stadium Lagos).

I hope this is well thought out and not just one Russian company acting as front for their government grabbing land in the guise of solar power.

Huge national security issue if you ask me, to allow a foreign company such occupation.

For a country like Mali, rich in Uranium and Lithium, Russia would do anything to ā€œinvestā€ there.

Nothing goes for nothing
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by AmericanIdiot(m): 10:44am On May 26
WriterNig:

The West only brings death, chaos & destruction.

Sowing enemity and hatred between two brother nations.

Divide and rule, that's their MO.

E be like say this Mali go soon adopt communism ošŸ˜®
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by AmericanIdiot(m): 10:46am On May 26
HateBigots:
I wonder why they are avoiding Nigeria

How can u be wondering?
Tinubu is the worst disaster to ever happen to any west African country
He is an fucking incompetent fool who purposefully devalued the currency to ā€œattract foreign investors ā€œ instead they all left (p&g unilever johnson&johnson,etc even total sef will soon go)
Long story short
Naija na useless country
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by AmericanIdiot(m): 10:47am On May 26
obedience4:

We're is the steel plant Russia planned to built in Nigeria?

Wait till it done, before comparing Nations

When black man decide to get sense
White people no go use them again
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Ate247(m): 10:48am On May 26
Skydivine:

After 10 years? Are you kidding me!
The information you seek is all over the internet as per the exact location and region.
The problem with your understanding of the situation is that you missed the total concept of strict international trans board movement of this material.
A bad actor only need to a comfort zone within the country itself to perpetuate their actions.
This is where you missed it. They donā€™t intend to mine but to enrich
Are you listening to yourself at all. I haven't discredited any of your statements. But is it in line with your land grappling claim. What's your prove. Please I'm done. I know your kind of person.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by AmericanIdiot(m): 10:49am On May 26
[quote author=ednut1 post=130141635]Nato will bomb it one day[/quot

Amen and North Korea too abeg
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by AmericanIdiot(m): 10:51am On May 26
Omoawoke:

Death to France !

France has eaten millions of tonnes worth of uranium from Mali and Niger combined
And are still doing so till today!!!
La francophonie lā€™Afrique will never be freešŸ˜¢
(Unless black man decides to have sense)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Obama Girls' Next 4 Years. Malia And Sasha: Oh, How They've Grown! Pics. / I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM / War Of Words As Trump & Biden Square Off In First Presidential Election Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.