Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,921 members, 7,863,243 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:42 PM

Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) (43150 Views)

Russian Forces Take Over Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant In Ukraine / Coup In Mali: President And Prime Minister Arrested By The Army / Equatorial Guinea Is Building A Trump-like Wall To Stop Migrants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by worldstevo: 10:51am On May 26
Skydivine:
About 12 plots make one hectare of land. Therefore 312 hectares would be
12 x 312=. 3744 plots of land ( the size of more than 100 of national stadium Lagos).

I hope this is well thought out and not just one Russian company acting as front for their government grabbing land in the guise of solar power.

Huge national security issue if you ask me, to allow a foreign company such occupation.

For a country like Mali, rich in Uranium and Lithium, Russia would do anything to “invest” there.

The land is located in a desert area. It will not be greatly missed
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by AmericanIdiot(m): 10:52am On May 26
ASAPFERG:
Solar energy is rubbish

Hmmm
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Skydivine: 10:59am On May 26
Ate247:
Are you listening to yourself at all. I haven't discredited any of your statements. But is it in line with your land grappling claim. What's your prove. Please I'm done. I know your kind of person.
Russia has no other need for a desert barren land in Mali except for one purpose, a safe out of reach zone to enrich uranium.
They certainly need the land to do so. The smartest way to grab it is by a promise of mere 200 megawatts of electricity. How smart the Mali government is !
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by AmericanIdiot(m): 11:00am On May 26
obedience4:

Lol,
I quoted the minister who said the reason why the Russian government agreement didn't go on was because of covid 19 and the WAR with Ukraine,
Covid 19 was over 4 years ago,and Russia is still building projects elsewhere despite the WAR. What dose that tell you?
That It was all a ruse by Putin during the Russia Africa summit to score cheap diplomatic points they were never going to fund the project.

Nothing like West stop the agreement, the Russians never wanted to fund it period.

Must the Brits build anything for you?
You had independence for over 50 plus yet you are still taking about WHAT projects the British build for you?
Was Singapore not colonised under the British
Singapore is a first world nation.

The reason why Nigeria is not developed is because of black man
Black man is the most useless senseless creature on the surface of this earth
Only a black man will actively work against his progress ONLY BLACK MAN!!!
hong Kong and Singapore and even the almighty USA were British colonies and today they are developed countries even Malaysia that was on the same level with Nigeria was a British mandate
Was it the British that developed their country for them ?
Why is the black man so useless WHY?
Almost 70 years after independence we are still meandering aimlessly
Ordinary electricity na wahala
Ordinary toothpick we dey import
We no dey manufacture anything
Na just CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME!!!
😡

2 Likes

Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by AmericanIdiot(m): 11:06am On May 26
Skydivine:

Russia has no other need for a desert barren land in Mali except for one purpose, a safe out of reach zone to enrich uranium.
They certainly need the land to do so. The smartest way to grab it is by a promise of mere 200 megawatts of electricity. How smart the Mali government is !

That’s communism for you
Anyway it’s 1000MW not 200MW
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Deepspirituals: 11:08am On May 26
Randal:
Tactical invasion
. Very Tactical . Only for the Wise..
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Skydivine: 11:15am On May 26
Deepspirituals:
. Very Tactical . Only for the Wise..
Tactical is to say the least.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by obedience4(m): 11:16am On May 26
AmericanIdiot:

The reason why Nigeria is not developed is because of black man
Black man is the most useless senseless creature on the surface of this earth
Only a black man will actively work against his progress ONLY BLACK MAN!!!
hong Kong and Singapore and even the almighty USA were British colonies and today they are developed countries even Malaysia that was on the same level with Nigeria was a British mandate
Was it the British that developed their country for them ?
Why is the black man so useless WHY?
Almost 70 years after independence we are still meandering aimlessly
Ordinary electricity na wahala
Ordinary toothpick we dey import
We no dey manufacture anything
Na just CONSUME CONSUME CONSUME!!!
😡

Don't mind them, Nigeria has more natural resources than Singapore, Singapore is landlocked as no shipping route,

I love using Singapore because they got independence 1963 three years after Nigeria,
Nigeria got natural resources, they don't have
Fastforward today Singapore is a first world nation, Nigeria with all it's resources are still 3rd world.

Nigeria is still blaming the British for their problems, many year's after independence,
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Ate247(m): 11:21am On May 26
Skydivine:

No country invest so much in another country without a Bilateral relationship. It's clearly business. Mali needs an international market to sell their solid minerals. If there choose Russia it's left for them. Accusing Russia of practically taking over their land is false. It's clearly business. Its left for Mali to put in right policies to caution extraction.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by AmericanIdiot(m): 11:27am On May 26
obedience4:

Don't mind them, Nigeria has more natural resources than Singapore, Singapore is landlocked as no shipping route,

I love using Singapore because they got independence 1963 three years after Nigeria,
Nigeria got natural resources, they don't have
Fastforward today Singapore is a first world nation, Nigeria with all it's resources are still 3rd world.

Nigeria is still blaming the British for their problems, many year's after independence,

If they’re black man in Singapore it will never be as developed as it is today
Black man will rather pocket the money meant for the development of the nation and impoverish the masses forever
The only reason South Africa is developed today is because of white man

I’m not sure say na God create black man aswr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Procashtips(m): 11:27am On May 26
obedience4:

Lol,
I quoted the minister who said the reason why the Russian government agreement didn't go on was because of covid 19 and the WAR with Ukraine,
Covid 19 was over 4 years ago,and Russia is still building projects elsewhere despite the WAR. What dose that tell you?
That It was all a ruse by Putin during the Russia Africa summit to score cheap diplomatic points they were never going to fund the project.

Nothing like West stop the agreement, the Russians never wanted to fund it period.

Must the Brits build anything for you?
You had independence for over 50 plus yet you are still taking about WHAT projects the British build for you?
Was Singapore not colonised under the British
Singapore is a first world nation.

The same Russia that started the construction before agreed to complete it for cheap political points? grin

The article said the project was agreed upon in 2019, so which cheap points were they looking to score in 2019?

Why do they need to score any cheap political points in 2019?

Who's funding all the infrastructure Russia is currently building across board?

Must the British build anything for you but they can exploit, loot and steal your resources away from you?

See person wey i dey waste time with grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by obedience4(m): 11:41am On May 26
Procashtips:

The same Russia that started the construction before agreed to complete it for cheap political points? grin

The article said the project was agreed upon in 2019, so which cheap points were they looking to score in 2019?

Why do they need to score any cheap political points in 2019?

Who's funding all the infrastructure Russia is currently building across board?

Must the British build anything for you but they can exploit, loot and steal your resources away from you?

See person wey i dey waste time with grin

You are the one that ask me what did the British built for Nigeria.

How did the British steal and exploit Nigerian resources?
Are you the only one colonised?
Why after more than half a century you are still screaming colonialism,
Your fore father's blame the britsh for their woes You are still here still wailing, others are building their country,
I won't be surprised 100 years after independence from the British empire Nigerians will still be blaming colonialism for their woes

See this one oooo
So na today you believe say Russia they convert relationship with Africa,
The push for influence over Africa by major powers has been in place for decades

The Russian Africa summit is to do what,
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by ufotunang: 11:50am On May 26
turmacs:
Everybody just dey ignore this country, na wahh ohh.
..na apc and Tinubu renewed shege cause am 🙄
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Ulogwe1: 12:17pm On May 26
emmanuel596:
Nigerians are still here deliberating about national anthem...

The fraudulent government of Nigeria claims His Excellency Mr Peter Obi came third in the elections but they have been more worried about him and mentioning his name than they have done any reasonable physical projects in 1 year... Shame

Shame dey shame for them.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Benrosaria(m): 1:39pm On May 26
ozo13:
Within 10yrs they want to solve part of the electricity problem for Mali where as for several years France and others were just using the Malians

Perhaps the french men sold Malians to Russians 🤣
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Shimbo96(m): 1:47pm On May 26
Skydivine:
About 12 plots make one hectare of land. Therefore 312 hectares would be
12 x 312=. 3744 plots of land ( the size of more than 100 of national stadium Lagos).

I hope this is well thought out and not just one Russian company acting as front for their government grabbing land in the guise of solar power.

Huge national security issue if you ask me, to allow a foreign company such occupation.

For a country like Mali, rich in Uranium and Lithium, Russia would do anything to “invest” there.
at least not everybody here is blinded by hatred for Tinubu. So you think Russia will invest $200m in another country without gaining nothing. Most people here need to check their brains. They won't tell you what's up now, just wait and see the outcome.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by mapet: 1:57pm On May 26
turmacs:
Everybody just dey ignore this country, na wahh ohh.

You mean Nigeria should go and start contesting a 200Mega-watt Power plant with Mali? You need to check the slant of news before you rush to denigrate your country. This Malian project for example is way smaller than the Independent Powerplant built in the days of Obasanjo(Calabar, Omotosho, Egbema, Omoku, Alaoji, Gbarain, Geregu, Olorunsogo and Ihovbor Power Plant).
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by lordprogress: 2:19pm On May 26
Kobicove:
A whole 314 hectares for just 200Mw?

I hope it's arid barren land and not prime arable land that can be used for agriculture that they're using for this project undecided
You just highlighted the problem of a Blackman they are trying to solve electricity problem in mali you are here talking about agriculture, all the land in your country what have you cultivated in it.
Misplaced priority. undecided
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Procashtips(m): 3:04pm On May 26
obedience4:

You are the one that ask me what did the British built for Nigeria.

How did the British steal and exploit Nigerian resources?
Are you the only one colonised?
Why after more than half a century you are still screaming colonialism,
Your fore father's blame the britsh for their woes You are still here still wailing, others are building their country,
I won't be surprised 100 years after independence from the British empire Nigerians will still be blaming colonialism for their woes

See this one oooo
So na today you believe say Russia they convert relationship with Africa,
The push for influence over Africa by major powers has been in place for decades

The Russian Africa summit is to do what,

Did you know Ajaokuta steel was previously built by Russia?

In the absence of you having no point on the original matter, have a good day

1 Like

Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Judolisco(m): 3:43pm On May 26
Officialgarri:
Putin once slammed Greta Thunberg for talking so much about climate and solar energy in Africa, in one claim that solar energy is expensive.....

Here's Russia 4-5 years after building the solar system in that Africa
he slammed them for being hypocrites.... For instance they won't shut down their coal powerplants but want others to stop building coal powered powerplants
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by obedience4(m): 3:54pm On May 26
Procashtips:

Did you know Ajaokuta steel was previously built by Russia?

In the absence of you having no point on the original matter, have a good day

Check my first message to I said the USSR built the steel plant,
How dose USSR building a plant got to do with Russia using Nigeria as a pawn in thier diplomacy game with the West??

You arrange a Russia Africa summit, made pledges just to show off, and bail out when you were needed to start the process.

Am done with this
Have a nice day
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by seunayantokun(m): 4:57pm On May 26
Good one for Burkina Faso. Russia is also building nuclear energy plants for Niger. Very good for their development. What France has not done for them for donkey years while milking them.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Crafteck1: 5:11pm On May 26
Procashtips:

Can you be civilized?

I should go and verify your own claim? grin

Exactly what i expected from you lot, when they are wrong they start blabbing
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Crafteck1: 5:11pm On May 26
skywalker240:

That themselves where once "CHAMPIONS OF SLAVE TRADE" ? undecided

Thats what i thought before, go and do your research..
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Procashtips(m): 5:20pm On May 26
Crafteck1:

Exactly what i expected from you lot, when they are wrong they start blabbing

You said something, I should be the one to prove what you said?

Some Nigerians eh grin
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by cardoctor(m): 5:22pm On May 26
Woww. Good move
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by HitlerWasRight: 7:08pm On May 26
Solar farm in the desert sounds all logical and nice until you factor the massive sandstorms that sweep over the Sahel and Sahara .

Those panels will get rekt due to the abrasive effect of sand blowing over them. Then you need to replace those damaged and start cleaning the surface of the panels.

It's not really a good idea to mount solar panels in areas prone to sand storms.

And yes, sand storms occur during the summer period due to strong winds from storm clouds that raise dust .
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Crafteck1: 8:07pm On May 26
Procashtips:

You said something, I should be the one to prove what you said?

Some Nigerians eh grin

Naaa, you should fact check if i lied.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Aizenosa(m): 8:13pm On May 26
Kobicove:
A whole 314 hectares for just 200Mw?

I hope it's arid barren land and not prime arable land that can be used for agriculture that they're using for this project undecided

Solar power systems require huge land space that's why they are not really uses for large scale power production.
Google ivanpah solar power station.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by MomohMrMoore: 8:35pm On May 26
Thats good. Russia and China are good business partners.. its win win situation. Unlike US and the west.. you plunge into more and more poverty with unpayable debts. That has been the fate of African countries for decades. I pray Nigeria is able to break free rom the west like other African countries.
Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by skywalker240(m): 8:54pm On May 26
Crafteck1:

Thats what i thought before, go and do your research..
No research needed here

Those hypocrites were doing it just to fulfil righteousness

1 Like

Re: Russia Is Building Africa's Largest Solar Plant In Mali (Photos) by Procashtips(m): 9:26pm On May 26
Crafteck1:

Naaa, you should fact check if i lied.

I should fact check your imagination? embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Obama Girls' Next 4 Years. Malia And Sasha: Oh, How They've Grown! Pics. / I Asked Putin: Will You Kill Zelensky? He Said No & Gave Me His Word - Israel PM / War Of Words As Trump & Biden Square Off In First Presidential Election Debate

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.