Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,984 members, 7,863,506 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:08 PM

Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) (42603 Views)

Alex Timileyin: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death Is A Prince In Delta / Ahmadu Bello University Newly Proposed School Fees For PG Students (photos) / Gaboon Viper Killed By University Of Ibadan 400L Agriculture Students (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by NEIGHBOUR(m): 8:10pm On May 26
The hostel porters and security men on duty that day should all be arrested and punished for dereliction to duty.
So sad!!!
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by 2RightHands1Coc(m): 8:22pm On May 26
I've experienced this before in 100 level, lautech. Them beat shege comot kayode body for stealing blackberry wey boys dey use hustle

Stealing is bad. Jungle justice is worse. È get as E be cha... Maybe the guy na tif tif.

So sad cha
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 8:29pm On May 26
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Tunde25(m): 8:31pm On May 26
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by iamjavadem(m): 8:43pm On May 26
Are you sure you read the article? The students have been expelled and handed over to police. Try and read before commenting, some olodos even liked the comment.
immortalcrown:
You know the exact time and how long the student was beaten. You know the hostel in which the incident occurred. You even got the pictures of the student being tortured. You know what caused the beating. You also know that the student has died. But you are yet to identify the student. Nonsense.

Anyways, may the departed soul rest in peace.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 8:45pm On May 26
iamjavadem:
Are you sure you read the article? The students have been expelled and handed over to police. Try and read before commenting, some olodos even liked the comment.
Are you sure you read my comment very well? My comment is about the statement that says the deceased is yet to be identified. My comment is not about the students that are allegedly committed the crime.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by doggedfighter(f): 8:45pm On May 26
Edusouls:
Blacks are incoherently wicked and this upcoming generation is worse off , God have left us long agoo

Incoherently?
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by karashita: 8:55pm On May 26
Dogalmighty17:
What kind of private university is this? How can someone be beaten from 6pm to 10am and non of the school security responded?
As much as I don't support the action of the thief, his parents should sue that school.

Ajayi Crowther University needs to be investigated.A lot of terrible things are happening there.The institution spokesman was economical with the truth.They have cultists and bullies in that school and it appears the school authority are in the know but look the other way, for reasons best known to them.
My cousin always speak of terrible things these group of students do to fellow students.According to him, cry to the high heavens, the security personnel will not intervene.The staff need to be investigated and this includes the teaching staff.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Enugudemon(m): 9:01pm On May 26
AmericanIdiot:
He stole a 12 pro max
He deserved to die
Tat phone is over 600k
Make i no talk your life don spoil finish 🤬
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by delpee(f): 9:02pm On May 26
All the students who took part in the beating should be dealt with accordingly. Taking laws into their hands to the point of killing him is a terrible crime. He didn't have to die (under our laws) even if it was proved that he stole.
Very sad indeed.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by fabolouz1(m): 9:31pm On May 26
What's the difference between supposedly educated undergrads with touts ?
They should have handed him over to the school security and if found guilty ,he would have been expelled but they choose to use this crude method .
How many of them can face the politicians who steal openly without remorse ? Co*ards !
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by countryman13: 9:34pm On May 26
nicho450:

https://punchng.com/oyo-private-varsity-student-beaten-to-death-for-alleged-phone-theft/
This case is like using God of thunder(Sango) to look for a missing pin. How much is the phone compared to the lost soul? Ds one na Govt kill am? We're just too wicked to ourselves in ds country. No good country can be made without a good home.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by ALoo1: 9:44pm On May 26
It's well
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by ayotade09(m): 10:36pm On May 26
immortalcrown:
You know the exact time and how long the student was beaten. You know the hostel in which the incident occurred. You even got the pictures of the student being tortured. You know what caused the beating. You also know that the student has died. But you are yet to identify the student. Nonsense.

Anyways, may the departed soul rest in peace.
na Nigerian problem be this try dey read biko
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Seniormanfeyi06(m): 11:11pm On May 26
We should learn to reason when we address issues. The porter has been arrested. Why must you interrogate the whole staff for what happened after they have gone to their respective homes? Are they the ones that instigated the students go kill another one? Did they ask the victim to steal? Only people that should be interrogated are the security men on duty, porter and students of that hostel. Simple. Mind you, I also finished from the school in 2013.

karashita:

Ajayi Crowther University needs to be investigated.A lot of terrible things are happening there.The institution spokesman was economical with the truth.They have cultists and bullies in that school and it appears the school authority are in the know but look the other way, for reasons best known to them.
My cousin always speak of terrible things these group of students do to fellow students.According to him, cry to the high heavens, the security personnel will not intervene.The staff need to be investigated and this includes the teaching staff.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Fhowe: 12:35am On May 27
SAMBARRY:
exactly.i don't even buy the he stole a phone accusation.i suspect he was forced into cultism and the dead boy said no,so in retaliation they beat him to death and used stealing as a convenient excuse to cover for their wickedness

Meanwhile leave the v.c out of this.is the VC supposed to leave his house and be monitoring what the boys are doing in their hostels? Is the VC the parents of the murderers? Is it the vcs job to give the boys home training that they are supposed to collect from their homes

Anyway the Matter don go beyond the one wey you dey talk.parents if you like keep giving birth to dysfunctional children and children you cannot train.na frustrated police men go help you use beating train your children for cell.If God now wan punish you,make some of the parents be single moms or parents wey dey use cooperative money (gbomu Le lantern) pay their childrens school fees.una ho smell your yansh

Oyinbo say there's Time for everything.theres a time to instill godly values in your children especially in their formative years,if you don't do that, when the age pass,na monsters and wild animals go be your children.if you no even dey careful your pikin fit rape you especially with the wild and untrained boys we see everywhere on the streets and in schools
private universitiees like this should be closed even in a public university you cant beat someone for so long and no authority was called or invovled , they just charge high fees so the other students could not go call school security or something , i suspect cult related activities thats why the other students did not report the issue NUC SHOULD SEAL THESE SCHOOL ASAP

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Beey(f): 1:03am On May 27
Pepperdemisback:

Thieves can be very annoying, heartless and frustrating! If you have ever been robbed, you will agree with me.
Merely going to the dinning hall while charging on NYSC camp, 2 phones went off like that!
One old man in my Church, his phone fell off in a cab, the driver was still using the SIM. He begged and begged but the thief asked him to stop disturbing the phone and go and look for money to buy a new one. Just imagine!
Imagine tracking and getting that thief.
NB I am not supporting Jungle Justice o!
I know that people do get upset and teach a thief some lessons, but a human life is more valuable than any phone that will ever be manufactured. All those who participated in beating or keeping silent, that guy’s blood is on their hands. You cannot slay a human being like a chicken. That’s why we have police officers & courts of law.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by SAMBARRY: 5:39am On May 27
Fhowe:
private universitiees like this should be closed even in a public university you cant beat someone for so long and no authority was called or invovled , they just charge high fees so the other students could not go call school security or something , i suspect cult related activities thats why the other students did not report the issue NUC SHOULD SEAL THESE SCHOOL ASAP
cutting the Head is not the solution to solving headache.the police should get to the bottom of this and fish out the little murderers.you don't throw the baby with the bath water by shutting down the school because of some animalistic boys.there are decent and we'll brought up students that know why they are in school and are focused.they can't thwart or interrupt their education because of those useless boys.na the boys wey police suppose face including all the porters that were on duty that night the incident happened as well as the security and neighbors of the boys.nobody can claim they didn't hear anything.even if they were sleeping the noise of the aggressors and the victim was supposed to draw attention or at least the neighbors should have reported to the security in the school.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 8:09am On May 27
ayotade09:
na Nigerian problem be this try dey read biko
You are the problem until you point out what you think I didn't read in the post.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by immortalcrown(m): 8:12am On May 27
iamjavadem:
You have a serious problem with simple English. My comment is about the identity of the deceased, not about the students who allegedly committed the crime. I used the singular form of student, no s, all through in my comment but you couldn't understand it because you have a serious problem with simple English.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by karashita: 8:14am On May 27
Seniormanfeyi06:

We should learn to reason when we address issues. The porter has been arrested. Why must you interrogate the whole staff for what happened after they have gone to their respective homes? Are they the ones that instigated the students go kill another one? Did they ask the victim to steal? Only people that should be interrogated are the security men on duty, porter and students of that hostel. Simple. Mind you, I also finished from the school in 2013.

It is a good thing you are an alumnus.You left the school some 10 years ago.A lot has changed since then.Ask questions.This guy that died was not their first....and when it happens the porters look the other way, and God help any student who tries to intervene.I wasn't just commenting for the sake of it.I have a child in that school and I can tell you for free that a lot is happening there.I know you would ask why I have not withdrawn him.....I haven't because he is one of the luck few who has the wisdom to stay out of 'their' lane and above all, thank God for prayers.

I rest my

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by zumbigbo(m): 9:28am On May 27
Phone over blood merchants....
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Amoj4682: 10:02am On May 27
Dogalmighty17:
What kind of private university is this? How can someone be beaten from 6pm to 10am and non of the school security responded?
As much as I don't support the action of the thief, his parents should sue that school.

Christian University for that matter, it must be a yeye school that doesn't follow up with students. I trust Covenant University, they will follow up every student in the hostel, any noise in any area, the porters will go there and check, Trust me those porters were good at reporting easily to school authorities even though they had thier favourites they will still do thier job. Now I see why Papa didn't accept phones in school. A big distraction. RiP to the victim. It is well

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Pepperdemisback: 1:16pm On May 27
Beey:
I know that people do get upset and teach a thief some lessons, but a human life is more valuable than any phone that will ever be manufactured. All those who participated in beating or keeping silent, that guy’s blood is on their hands. You cannot slay a human being like a chicken. That’s why we have police officers & courts of law.
The day my phone was stolen, the thief used a matchet on me twice after collecting the phone. Some kill to get it, so I don't pity them kif found guilty. They are very heartless themselves.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Beey(f): 4:50am On May 28
Pepperdemisback:

The day my phone was stolen, the thief used a matchet on me twice after collecting the phone. Some kill to get it, so I don't pity them kif found guilty. They are very heartless themselves.
Sorry about that. I still insist that two wrongs don’t make a right. Those killers are just as guilty as the thief. There are laws in every land & those laws should be followed.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by BuyMeBanger: 4:36pm On May 28
Verifier:
Nigeria don't have this energy for the bad leaders that have kept them in servitude for years.

Maybe that's the problem, we can't take it out on them so that energy is channeled to our fellow (Nigerian) man. It's the same with SA people not taking their frustration on Afrikaners but other (true) Africans and lastly African-American destroying and killing each other rather than the obvious people.
Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by Fhowe: 5:43am On May 31
SAMBARRY:
cutting the Head is not the solution to solving headache.the police should get to the bottom of this and fish out the little murderers.you don't throw the baby with the bath water by shutting down the school because of some animalistic boys.there are decent and we'll brought up students that know why they are in school and are focused.they can't thwart or interrupt their education because of those useless boys.na the boys wey police suppose face including all the porters that were on duty that night the incident happened as well as the security and neighbors of the boys.nobody can claim they didn't hear anything.even if they were sleeping the noise of the aggressors and the victim was supposed to draw attention or at least the neighbors should have reported to the security in the school.

you are right in a way , but most parents feel these private universities are safe havens for their kids failing to realise some of the intakes have been expelled from numerous universities and the private one is their last resort . So imagine a naive teenager sharing hostel space with a hardened student expelled from various other schools for different reasons (cultism, drugs, poor grades ) when will bullying not take place . Back in the day i went to a public university and stayed in one of the feared hostels new hall to be precise it was not for the weak but to my utmost suprise it was one of the safest hostels to stay cause the older ones watched out for the new intakes there was even security 24 hours , man o war had rooms on each floor to stop situations like this . I just hope the necessary action is taken

1 Like

Re: Ajayi Crowther Student Beaten To Death By Fellow University Students (Photos) by SAMBARRY: 6:03am On May 31
Fhowe:
you are right in a way , but most parents feel these private universities are safe havens for their kids failing to realise some of the intakes have been expelled from numerous universities and the private one is their last resort . So imagine a naive teenager sharing hostel space with a hardened student expelled from various other schools for different reasons (cultism, drugs, poor grades ) when will bullying not take place . Back in the day i went to a public university and stayed in one of the feared hostels new hall to be precise it was not for the weak but to my utmost suprise it was one of the safest hostels to stay cause the older ones watched out for the new intakes there was even security 24 hours , man o war had rooms on each floor to stop situations like this . I just hope the necessary action is taken
I understand you.some private universities mean well by reforming some wayward students or giving them a second chance but sometimes they refuse to screen them properly before admitting them because they are looking for students.at the end of the day some expelled students are not truly repentant.

But so far sha I read that the VC announced that all the students involved in that brutality,the entire room where the tragedy happened,the neighbors and the entire porters and security have been arrested and are being questioned in the police station

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Housemaster Injures SS3 Student In Ogun State(graphic Photos) / Reaction As Boy Who Moved Many With His Campaign Speech Loses Election (Videos) / My Medical School Experience- The Fighting Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.