Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,825 members, 7,862,716 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:37 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1018) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2361588 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:41am On Jan 21, 2017
Eruditor:

I think a silly and sentimental position will be one in which an outlier 35 year old striker is being used as evidence that being 30+ is good for a defence or team. The example continues to even fall flat on its head when we also realize that the 35 year old's team in question sit below the team you are trying to mock.

Martial, Mikhi, Rash, Baily, Jones, Rojo, Smallings, Shaw, Darmian, Herrera, Mata etc are also looking at you.

Yes Pep in his press conference said so. He had to say that or lambast most of his aged core who in return will go on a spree of 6 losses so that the Manager would get fired. Every manager must be as egomaniacal and asinine as Mou was last season, Roy Keane has been as a manager, or better still, as you expect them to be.

What you see is self-deceit and that's fair. I see a poor game-master who keeps changing the rules to accommodate the excuses he is likely to make come season end. After all, Pep is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't win a title- in your own small smug world.
Lets keep pun aside.

We all know that for defenders, the older the better. So if I use a 35yo striker as comparison, I am only doing you a favour because no City defender is past 32.

And no, Pep is an acclaimed great manager no doubt, I am only using the EPL as a confirmation test. If he wins it the result is positive, if not...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Emaprince: 11:45am On Jan 21, 2017
raumdeuter:

And the following season what happened to this Inter team? They crashed woefully
because a foolish coach in the name of Benitez took over. This is to tell you that Mou over achieved with that team. He conquered Italy and Europe with them. Tell me if fraudiola can ever do that. You were busy making excuses for him by calling his players average and ageing. Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:50am On Jan 21, 2017
chrisley024:
Monreal is currently better than Clichy/Kolarov. The defence belongs to arsenal and the attack to city.

Coq is better at doing his defensive duties while Fernandinho is better on the ball.

Is it Bellerin that was roasted vs B'moth you call best RB? Dude is still average defending, covered mostly by his pace, while good going forward.
There are ways of rating player quality (quality not performance).

A player can contribute more to his team but that does not imply that he has more quality.

Take for instance, Tom Heaton; the goalie with the best save/shot. He may be great with Burnley, but would be back up to De Gea if he finds himself at United.

Again, Lukaku may be near the top of goal scorer chart, but if he joins City he would sit on the bench.

So saying Monreal is a better LB than Kolarov is eroneous, because even Monreal was meant to be backup to Gibbs who himself was backup to Clichy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 12:31pm On Jan 21, 2017
In a bid to win an argument, some folks are swallowing their vomit...
.................................Cech....................................
Bellerin........Kompany/Otamendi....Koscielny.....Kolarov
..................Fernandinho.......Gundogan.....................
.......Silva......................KDB..........................Sanchez
..............................Aguero....................................

You might replace Gundogan with Toure if you want to have a go at his injury records....

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2017
patrickmuf:
In a bid to win an argument, some folks are swallowing their vomit...
.................................Cech....................................
Bellerin........Kompany/Otamendi....Koscielny.....Kolarov
..................Fernandinho.......Gundogan.....................
.......Silva......................KDB..........................Sanchez
..............................Aguero....................................

You might replace Gundogan with Toure if you want to have a go at his injury records....
shocked sad smiley cheesy

liked.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:43pm On Jan 21, 2017
Spy360:

A player can contribute more to his team but that does not imply that he has more quality.

Take for instance, Tom Heaton; the goalie with the best save/shot. He may be great with Burnley, but would be back up to De Gea if he finds himself at United.

Again, Lukaku may be near the top of goal scorer chart, but if he joins City he would sit on the bench.

So saying Monreal is a better LB than Kolarov is eroneous, because even Monreal was meant to be backup to Gibbs who himself was backup to Clichy.
so u need to take back ir word and shove it to ur ass... theres no fucking way le coq is better dam cabaye or schnederin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 21, 2017
sod09:
so u need to take back ir word and shove it to ur ass... theres no fucking way le coq is better dam cabaye or schnederin
I don't mean to enter this una argument
on Coq. But I've got just one question.

Do u think with Coq's physicality and overall style of play, MOU won't pick him ahead of Schneiderlin as a DM?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
kokaneprodigy:

I don't mean to enter this una argument
on Coq. But I've got just one question.

Do u think with Coq's physicality and overall style of play, MOU won't pick him ahead of Schneiderlin as a DM?
lol....schnederin is like busqeut day re soft dm
dats y mou dont like him, as for coq mou wont bother cos he will lost himself in d game
y is wengay removing him for ramsey
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
Spy360:

Your analogy here doesn't fit. It is not like Kolarov has been known as a high quality LB (he's just there) and dude has been dwindling while Monreal has been better in recent times.
Even a blind man knows Lukaku cannot bench Aguero but can bench Iheanacho comfortably.

Note that my argument has nothing to do with Pep vs whoever cos I see it being too early. We've seen coaches perform well in their 1st season, fail in subsequent seasons and get sacked, and vice versa.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kagawa10: 2:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
Spy360:

Mustafi seems better because he is not playing for City. Even Ake is better than all City defenders right now abi?

Mustafi isn't even that good at Arsenal where he has Koscielny, Bellerin, is it now at City with Kolarov, Clichy, Stones, Ota, he would look good? LOL!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 21, 2017
sod09:
lol....schnederin is like busqeut day re soft dm
dats y mou dont like him, as for coq mou wont bother cos he will lost himself in d game
y is wengay removing him for ramsey
Are u really gonna dwell on that last line? Don't drag me into Ramsey talks I'm not in the mood. Coq will bench Harera in that Man-U team.
Dude forget this Schneiderlin/Coq debate, Coq is a good holding DM, he messes up when he tries to form box to box which he ain't.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kagawa10: 2:35pm On Jan 21, 2017
Spy360:

Clinchy? You mean the same Clinchy whom Arsenal fans were rejoicing when he left Arsenal?

And what about Kolarov? The guy who play like a winger?

Let's even forget the logical point that these average players are now in their 30's!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:02pm On Jan 21, 2017
Who else think lfc will win d league.... Day have d worst defense among d top 4
Chai see as points day waste for fpl embarassed embarassed embarassed
Llorente, firimo nd sigurdson
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2017
chrisley024:
Your analogy here doesn't fit. It is not like Kolarov has been known as a high quality LB (he's just there) and dude has been dwindling while Monreal has been better in recent times.
Even a blind man knows Lukaku cannot bench Aguero but can bench Iheanacho comfortably.

Note that my argument has nothing to do with Pep vs whoever cos I see it being too early. We've seen coaches perform well in their 1st season, fail in subsequent seasons and get sacked, and vice versa.
Your assertions here show that my analogy fits.

Good quality has to do with abilities. Performance is what you do with what you've got.

Kolarov is a set piece guy, Monreal is not. Kolarov is better on crosses, speed, arial balls etc. Monreal is only better on one on one situations.

Comparing Lukaku and Iheanacho, the former has more pace, dribbling, strength, and agility. Iheanacho has better team play.

I am looking at quality not performance here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
We win-2nd
We draw-3rd
We lose- won't drop to 6th

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2017
Our dear brother k. Iheanacho can kiss his place on that City roster bye bye.. With the arrival of Jesus, he did not even make the bench today. I think he should start looking for another opportunity.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2017
This draw too sweet. Hope we take advantage...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:47pm On Jan 21, 2017
Roland17:
Our dear brother k. Iheanacho can kiss his place on that City roster bye bye.. With the arrival of Jesus, he did not even make the bench today. I think he should start looking for another opportunity.
Don't be too sure. Kelechi has a high goal/min.

This Jesus may be overated because he is Brazilian.

He and Kelechi played the same tournament that Kelechi bossed him.

This is football, anything can happen.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2017
This Liverpool loss nicely sets up their clash against Chelsea.
Will they capitulate?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
My problem with the gunners is that one can't even confidently say they'll take advantage of this opportunity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by An0nimus: 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2017
edoyad:
My problem with the gunners is that one can't even confidently say they'll take advantage of this opportunity.

you know this!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:43am On Jan 22, 2017
edoyad:
ma nigga u on point

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 22, 2017
Emaprince:
because a foolish coach in the name of Benitez took over. This is to tell you that Mou over achieved with that team. He conquered Italy and Europe with them. Tell me if fraudiola can ever do that. You were busy making excuses for him by calling his players average and ageing. Smh

Stop yawning dust joor. What over achievement are you talking about? Who was the defending champion in Italy for years prior to his arrival?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:48am On Jan 22, 2017
That's the beauty of this league, every week is always full of drama.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 10:19am On Jan 22, 2017
edoyad:

Really ? grin cheesy tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pamcode(m): 11:19am On Jan 22, 2017
ollah1:

Stop yawning dust joor. What over achievement are you talking about? Who was the defending champion in Italy for years prior to his arrival?

To your first question he won the treble with them (only serie A to do so so far).

For your second their last two league titles won- one was given to them not really won, the second was against a weakened opposition. #just saying
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Rilwayne001: 11:35am On Jan 22, 2017
Fkhalifa:
That's the beauty of this league, every week is always full of drama.

Exactly. One reason it is more dynamic than the Spanish league. There's no underdog in the EPL.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 22, 2017
pamcode:
To your first question he won the treble with them (only serie A to do so so far).

For your second their last two league titles won- one was given to them not really won, the second was against a weakened opposition. #just saying

Pep won treble with Barca. The first coach to ever do that. Inter have been wining scudetto for years prior to his arrival so what are you saying again?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 12:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
ollah1:

Pep won treble with Barca. The first coach to ever do that. Inter have been wining scudetto for years prior to his arrival so what are you saying again?

For someone who is always quick to term people unintelligent and not so smart your bottomless level of fvckery is astonishing.

Inter Won champions league after how many years again,can you tell? Well, Pep also won a treble too you say. When last did barca win the UCL before peps arrival, do you mind telling us?

Inter just didn't conquer their league,they also conquered Europe using grandpa's with the help of mou.

Kindly face your mirror and repeat this after me, Ollah1 is infinitely dense! Ollah1 is an unrepentant dumbass! Ollah1 is a clusterfvck!

1/2
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pamcode(m): 12:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
ollah1:

Same stuff Mou did too bro, won a treble that inter and all other serie A team till Date have never won.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
diggz:

For someone who is always quick to term people unintelligent and not so smart your bottomless level of fvckery is astonishing.

Inter Won champions league after how many years again,can you tell? Well, Pep also won a treble too you say. When last did barca win the UCL before peps arrival, do you mind telling us?

Inter just didn't conquer their league,they also conquered Europe using grandpa's with the help of mou.

Kindly face your mirror and repeat this after me, Ollah1 is infinitely dense! Ollah1 is an unrepentant dumbass! Ollah1 is a clusterfvck!

1/2

Lol. You are so brainless bro. Who cares if Inter has won a treble before? Pep won it when Barca has gone two years trophyless and besides you lots wanna downplay Pep's archivements while hailing Mou. Which world is that accepted?

Perhaps Barca should be worshiping Frank since he won the UCL after decades of missing out on it. If you were half smart as you portray yourself, you should have said that. Ohh, the feat wasn't done by Mou but someone else.

Do you mind telling us why the world remembers Pep's Barca and why it's always talked about?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 22, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Exactly. One reason it is more dynamic than the Spanish league. There's no underdog in the EPL.

Simply because they are all under dogs and no team is better than the other. Mediocrity at its best bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.