Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,362 members, 7,839,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1017) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2342362 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) ... (3536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kagawa10: 7:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
sod09:
did u read my comment at all
Clap for ur self

Apology! It was Fkhalifa I wanted to reply.

Fkhalifa:
I think performance and stats of the Arsenal boys are making it seem they are soo good now...Don't forget how we only rate 5players in the squad, rivals rated only 2.

Nobody gave the spurs&Liverpool lads respect nor rating in preseason, but their performance now,will change pundits perspective about them.

The big boys at city&utd were intimidating everyone, we all tipped them but now we want to excuse they are old,overated settling etc...

I think under prev coaches mancity had better defence than Arsenal, but pep is too attacking minded, yes, he improved them all on how to keep possession,attack and all but their defence got weak like he did at barca & Bayern

He admitted he doesn't train tacklers...He made the defence including bravo all ball playing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 7:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
diggz:
So in your words what is the highest number of players one can have above 30 at a time?
And pls dont insult me with last weekends stat because, it is a bullshyytee way to take a sample ratio.

There is no limit. But its logical that the more oldies you have the weaker you will be.

Before the season started I have called your attention to the number of over 30's in City

You still havent told me the number of over 30's in the starting 11 of the teams leading the pack in England. Or why do you think Terry, Ivanovic were dropped
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 8:20pm On Jan 20, 2017
raumdeuter:

There is no limit. But its logical that the more oldies you have the weaker you will be.

Before the season started I have called your attention to the number of over 30's in City

You still havent told me the number of over 30's in the starting 11 of the teams leading the pack in England. Or why do you think Terry, Ivanovic were dropped

Oh please stop saving me this corkshyyyte Bros. Too many excuses from you and now you are beginning to sound like a broken record.

The average age of juventus backline should be 35years or so. Dayo can you gimme the number of 30plus players in Madrid's first 11 as at today?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 8:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
diggz:
Oh please stop saving me this corkshyyyte Bros. Too many excuses from you and now you are beginning to sound like a broken record.

The average age of juventus backline should be 35years or so. Dayo can you gimme the number of 30plus players in Madrid's first 11 as at today?

Madrid under 30
Benzema, Marcelo, Bale, Kroos, Varane Carvajal Casemiro so 7 of the starting 11 or at least 6

You no wan tell us how many are in Chelsea that are over 30? Ok Lets try with Liverpool or Spurs pick any of the top 3 teams
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 8:53pm On Jan 20, 2017
raumdeuter:

Madrid under 30
Benzema, Marcelo, Bale, Kroos, Varane Carvajal Casemiro so 7 of the starting 11 or at least 6

You no wan tell us how many are in Chelsea that are over 30? Ok Lets try with Liverpool or Spurs pick any of the top 3 teams

You are taking a piss and it is obvious.

Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Lucas modric , Benz, navas,ronaldo do this names sound familiar or not?

Bonucci, Buffon, chiellini, Andrea bazargli, Dani alves, evra, Paolo c , Stephan L, Claudio machisio, Hernanes, Gonzalo, Tomas Ricon, Sami khedira etc.

Bayern:
Vidal,nueur,alonzo,ribbery,robben,Rafinha, lahm, Nicholas etc

Oga Dayo, this your age thing e no go work........
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 9:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
Inter team of 2010 under mou

Cordoba,toldo,ceaser,zanetti,stankovic,lucio, Samuel, milito, materazzi, Eto , chivu etc.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
diggz:
You are taking a piss and it is obvious.

Sergio Ramos, Pepe, Lucas modric , Benz, navas,ronaldo do this names sound familiar or not?

Bonucci, Buffon, chiellini, Andrea bazargli, Dani alves, evra, Paolo c , Stephan L, Claudio machisio, Hernanes, Gonzalo, Tomas Ricon, Sami khedira etc.

Bayern:
Vidal,nueur,alonzo,ribbery,robben,Rafinha, lahm, Nicholas etc

Oga Dayo, this your age thing e no go work........

Benzema is not 30 yet. SO that still leaves the majority of the team as under 30.

Bayern is trying to reduce the age. for Robben and Ribery we got Coman and Costa, ALonso is retiring by the end of the season Lahm too will be following. Why do you think they are not getting long contract? Because they are over 30

Vidal is still under 30.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
diggz:
Cordoba,toldo,ceaser,zanetti,stankovic,lucio, Samuel, milito, materazzi, Eto , chivu etc.

And the following season what happened to this Inter team? They crashed woefully
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 9:29pm On Jan 20, 2017
raumdeuter:

And the following season what happened to this Inter team? They crashed woefully

Have you checked the age of this players? Most are over 34years dayo. How many for manCity don cross 33years?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 9:35pm On Jan 20, 2017
raumdeuter:

Benzema is not 30 yet. SO that still leaves the majority of the team as under 30.

Bayern is trying to reduce the age. for Robben and Ribery we got Coman and Costa, ALonso is retiring by the end of the season Lahm too will be following. Why do you think they are not getting long contract? Because they are over 30

Vidal is still under 30.

Lol......nice try. We are building or rebuilding grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 9:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
diggz:
Have you checked the age of this players? Most are over 34years dayo. How many for manCity don cross 33years?

List those Inter first 11 players that were over 34yrs as at 2010
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2017
diggz:
Lol......nice try. We are building or rebuilding grin

Diggz you don try with enough maggi wey you don garnish your story with

Benzema over 30, Vidal over 30, Most Inter players over 34.

Diggz I bow for you o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iPopAlomo(m): 9:48pm On Jan 20, 2017
diggz:

You dey watch football... You try...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 9:48pm On Jan 20, 2017
raumdeuter:

Diggz you don try with enough maggi wey you don garnish your story with

Benzema over 30, Vidal over 30, Most Inter players over 34.

Diggz I bow for you o

Lol....time to start turning amala for fresh air abi? I am very sure your clever mind can do way better.

I don try for today. Gnite bros
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 9:49pm On Jan 20, 2017
iPopAlomo:

You dey watch football... You try...

Tx Bros.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 9:53pm On Jan 20, 2017
diggz:
Lol....time to start turning amala for fresh air abi? I am very sure your clever mind can do way better.

I don try for today. Gnite bros

Why were you delibrately trying to misinform us oga diggz, You think say I no go code?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by diggz: 10:21pm On Jan 20, 2017
raumdeuter:

Why were you delibrately trying to misinform us oga diggz, You think say I no go code?

You mean like you have always done right?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by An0nimus: 10:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
chrisley024:
Arsenal has a better defence while City has a better attack

kpakam. This is the conclusion of the whole matter.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 10:43pm On Jan 20, 2017
An0nimus:
kpakam. This is the conclusion of the whole matter.
chrisley024:
Arsenal has a better defence while City has a better attack
EVen for the attack sef. Sachez is better than everyone on City left side while Walcott is even better than everyone on the right side IMO
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by PietroRico(m): 11:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
raumdeuter:

EVen for the attack sef. Sachez is better than everyone on City left side while Walcott is even better than everyone on the right side IMO
so Arsenal have a better attack?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 11:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
raumdeuter:

Only Sanchez can make City attack.

4-2-3-1 with everyone fit

Cech
Bellerin...Mustafi...Kos...Montreal
..........Fern....Cazorla....
Silva....Debruyne...Sanchez. ..
............Aguero...........

while De Bryune/Silva joins the cm in 433

I don't even think Fernandinho is much better than Coq.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by raumdeuter: 12:55am On Jan 21, 2017
chrisley024:

Cech

if we are going by this it means Arsenal will have 7 players out of 11. If you include Coq for fernandinho thats 8

Silva isnt a right winger, options for right wing will be Navas Walcott, Oxlade, Sterling and Sane. which of these will you pick? I pick Walcott
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:08am On Jan 21, 2017
Eruditor:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Everton beat city 4-0 they didn't trash City. They literally had 4 shots on target and 4 goals which were results of individual mistakes from City players. They didn't dominate the game, have more shots etc etc. This is important and I'd say why. When Barca beat AFC 3-1 in 2011 that was a trashing even though the scoreline doesn't reflect it. Also when Bayern beat AFC 5-1 that was another trashing. Rewatch those games to understand why. grin

Now concerning Pellegrini, he inherited a City team that had won the league in 11/12. The core of that team is still very much around today only older. Whether you accept it or not, that's the fact. Pellegrini won a title in 13/14 and since then CFC (14/15) and LFC (15/16) have been champs. After 13/14, I doubt Pellegrini had beaten Wenger again. But Pep took that older team and not only beat Wenger but he outplayed AFC abysmally. AFC couldn't put 3 passes together in the 2nd half. They couldn't even cross their half. That game was reminiscent of Pep's time in Barca and Bayern- and he did it without...Messi or Robben!

Not taking anything from Pellegrini either. His team were on their last legs. What we are seeing this season is a replica of last season. City started well and tailed off because an aged core will do exactly that. Do you remember how Arteta was his penultimate and final seasons with AFC? That city squad was aged. Pep is here to not only switch their style, win titles (the whole shebang). He is here to reduce the age of the squad and he has to do it piecemeal. That's why he recruited fledgling talents like Sane and Gabriel Jesus. He is making the team his.

He is a great tactician. Even with less quality his teams are dominating games and creating chances. There have been mistakes along with it but everyone makes mistakes. Go and look at his losses this season (all 5 of them). They have not been forlorn losses. They dominated CFC, Everton, LFC and even Tottenham and missed chances early on that may have changed the games. The only game they looked really flat was against Liverpool and even that game was a borefest.

United keep mouthing off about how their draws would have been wins and would have seen them higher on the log but City can make the same argument. They had no business drawing with Southampton, Boro or Everton (Jeez, they fluffed 2 penalties in this game and Stekelenburg had the game of his career pulling saves Neuer might envy).

Even when things started well Pep told y'all to calm down as they were still a work in progress. I am a big Pep fan but I wasn't on Nairaland boasting because I was one of those reminding those CFC haters last year that the previous city team finished 4th (and as such could not be termed the best team by any stretch).

We have seen moments that give us hope that City could become what Pep desires. The Barca game had to be a crowning glory. Remember they had lost 4-0 first leg only to outplay Barca like no one has ever done recently. Not even Bayern of Jupp's day can make the same claim. That's why I laugh when people think Tottenham's form should be the reason City should be overlooked. Sterling buries an early chance and Tottenham open up, it could turn to a drubbing.

We all give Conte credit because his style just looks like champ-stuff. CFC look extra difficult to score against but when they played City it didn't look that way. That's why Pep gets offended when people ask him to change. His method is not fool-proof, but it has been working for years.

Take note too that Conte is inheriting a team that won a title 14/15. Similar to Pellegrini of 13/14 (because there is just a one year gap between that title-winning season and this one). Should we expect the same dominance from CFC in 18/19 without a serious overhaul in what will be an aged team? If that's not the case then why attack Pep?
Revel in your self deceit.

You already stated you are a Pep fan, which is ok. But drawing up useless excuses about what trashing means is silly and sentimental.

Your old age excuse too is lame. Most teams have players 30+ who are shining. Ibra is looking at you right now.

Even Pep in his press conference yesterday said 'maybe he is not good enough'.

So stay there and enjoy your self service.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:15am On Jan 21, 2017
raumdeuter:

Check his starting 11 last game and see how many of them are over 30 Bravo, Sagna Kolarov, Zabaleta Yaya Silva.
Are there no young players in City? Why is he not starting them?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:17am On Jan 21, 2017
Kagawa10:

Top defenders? Chai!

Even Mustafi hasn't been that good! He's just lucky to have a good partner in Koscielny. He's still better than Stones and Mangala (penalty magnet) though.
Mustafi seems better because he is not playing for City. Even Ake is better than all City defenders right now abi?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:30am On Jan 21, 2017
chrisley024:

Cech

Come see where Monreal dey boss EPL. Lol!

If I say he is the best RB una go chop me finish.

Le Coq better than Fernandinho...

Walcott, most clinical...

Arsenal best defence...

Kwantinu... sad

When others coaches are failing to get the best out of their players, they say the players are not good enough.

Maybe City should sign Messi, Neymar and Suarez so that they can have good players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 8:42am On Jan 21, 2017
Spy360:

Revel in your self deceit.

You already stated you are a Pep fan, which is ok. But drawing up useless excuses about what trashing means is silly and sentimental.

Your old age excuse too is lame. Most teams have players 30+ who are shining. Ibra is looking at you right now.

Even Pep in his press conference yesterday said 'maybe he is not good enough'.

So stay there and enjoy your self service.

I think a silly and sentimental position will be one in which an outlier 35 year old striker is being used as evidence that being 30+ is good for a defence or team. The example continues to even fall flat on its head when we also realize that the 35 year old's team in question sit below the team you are trying to mock.

Martial, Mikhi, Rash, Baily, Jones, Rojo, Smallings, Shaw, Darmian, Herrera, Mata etc are also looking at you.

Yes Pep in his press conference said so. He had to say that or lambast most of his aged core who in return will go on a spree of 6 losses so that the Manager would get fired. Every manager must be as egomaniacal and asinine as Mou was last season, Roy Keane has been as a manager, or better still, as you expect them to be.

What you see is self-deceit and that's fair. I see a poor game-master who keeps changing the rules to accommodate the excuses he is likely to make come season end. After all, Pep is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't win a title- in your own small smug world.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 21, 2017
Raumdeuter defending Pep is a lost course, he has admitted he ain't good enough.
Even u couldn't stake some dollars on him that he would be topping the table by December as I requested of u sometime last year.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 9:22am On Jan 21, 2017
raumdeuter:

if we are going by this it means Arsenal will have 7 players out of 11. If you include Coq for fernandinho thats 8

Silva isnt a right winger, options for right wing will be Navas Walcott, Oxlade, Sterling and Sane. which of these will you pick? I pick Walcott
Ya, the core of the defence like I stated earlier is to arsenal.

Bryune plays on the right. He's better than all you listed.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 9:26am On Jan 21, 2017
Spy360:

Come see where Monreal dey boss EPL. Lol!

If I say he is the best RB una go chop me finish.

Le Coq better than Fernandinho...

Walcott, most clinical...

Arsenal best defence...

Kwantinu... sad

When others coaches are failing to get the best out of their players, they say the players are not good enough.

Maybe City should sign Messi, Neymar and Suarez so that they can have good players.
Monreal is currently better than Clichy/Kolarov. The defence belongs to arsenal and the attack to city.

Coq is better at doing his defensive duties while Fernandinho is better on the ball.

Is it Bellerin that was roasted vs B'moth you call best RB? Dude is still average defending, covered mostly by his pace, while good going forward.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:45am On Jan 21, 2017
chrisley024:
Monreal is currently better than Clichy/Kolarov. The defence belongs to arsenal and the attack to city.

Coq is better at doing his defensive duties while Fernandinho is better on the ball.

Is it Bellerin that was roasted vs B'moth you call best RB? Dude is still average defending, covered mostly by his pace, while good going forward.
bellerin is good in attacking cos of his pace dan defending, we saw wat costa nd courtinho did to him last season. but hes still better dan zaba nd sagna
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chrisley024(m): 10:52am On Jan 21, 2017
sod09:
bellerin is good in attacking cos of his pace dan defending, we saw wat costa nd courtinho did to him last season. but hes still better dan zaba nd sagna
Of course he is as you can see from the lineup up there

(1) (2) (3) ... (1014) (1015) (1016) (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) ... (3536) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.