Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2315147 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) ... (3486) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 5:12pm On Dec 12, 2018
sod09:
durh
Sancho, mbappe are what
Now you making it look like we said he's not good

he's 19,and this is the first time he's playing in a top league like EPL, mbape has been playing in leage1 for 3 years now undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2018
I give up on this conversation
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:42pm On Dec 12, 2018
sod09:
I give up on this conversation
Baba no disturb yourself, you have no issue with Guendozi...
The only issue you raised is he isn't fully matured to be a first teamer.
Only mbappe and few others can.

I think it's those attacking berbatov's praise on their him or those saying he isn't that good.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 12, 2018
Fkhalifa:
Baba no disturb yourself, you have no issue with Guendozi...
The only issue you raised is he isn't fully matured to be a first teamer.
Only mbappe and few others can.

I think it's those attacking berbatov's praise on their him or those saying he isn't that good.
can u quote where it was stated that he isn’t good?

It was Spy who changed the narrative just to twist things.

The argument started when I said Guen shouldn’t have started or at least should have been taken out after he lost steam, cos he was being played beyond his ability.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:03pm On Dec 12, 2018
Fvcking English media and hypocrisy
Auba was racially abused,no body talked. But it's sterling turn we no go hear word
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 9:38pm On Dec 12, 2018
sod09:
Fvcking English media and hypocrisy
Auba was racially abused,no body talked. But it's sterling turn we no go hear word
I thought that I was the only one that noticed it

...they threw a fvcking banana, that's the highest form of racism in football
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:45pm On Dec 12, 2018
kodded:

Abi oo
Just watch out for other dickheads to take advantage of this, Maitland is the first, the idiot didn't come out during auba own
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:15am On Dec 13, 2018
kokaneprodigy:

Dude quit being emotional. There’s a difference between being determined and being good enough.

Guen has the potential, determination but ain’t good enough simple. I saw this from the very first day he played for us. Our midfield was just too porous, most of his passes were either sideways or backwards.

I never called him an unserious player or one who lacks determination. He simply doesn’t have the strength to start in big matches. A manager plays to his player’s strength. Simple.
I'm sure most Arsenal fans,Pundits and football experts won't agree with your first 2 paragraphs.
Your last paragraph is fair enough.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:31am On Dec 13, 2018
kokaneprodigy:
look at the midfield, if I talk they’ll say I don’t like him.

That’s how I was criticising Giroud and Cech since 2 seasons ago, Spy and some folks no let me rest we all saw how it turned out.

What I’ve discovered is that some peeps attention to detail here is abysmal. What I see now it’ll take Spy and co series of woeful game before they see it.
You were probably referring to him here also, when it was clear to all, Emery didn't trust any of his attacking midfielders to start behind Auba and laca.. The boy was played out of position ( he isn't an attacking midfielder) that made our midfield looked so somehow and lacked creativity.
Even at that he lobbed a Sanchez esque ball into box that lead to the goal.
I remembered your comment on that play.you appreciated Auba and Lucas and downplayed his contribution to the goal.
Your comments suggests you don't like the dude and you even wrote it out.
Also, I can recall you and I were the few of us who didn't like Giroud cheesy
As for cech, he saved us points in his first season, then he declined seasons after that.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 13, 2018
Fkhalifa:
You were probably referring to him here also, when it was clear to all, Emery didn't trust any of his attacking midfielders to start behind Auba and laca.. The boy was played out of position ( he isn't an attacking midfielder) that made our midfield looked so somehow and lacked creativity.
Even at that he lobbed a Sanchez esque ball into box that lead to the goal.
I remembered your comment on that play.you appreciated Auba and Lucas and downplayed his contribution to the goal.
Your comments suggests you don't like the dude and you even wrote it out.
Also, I can recall you and I were the few of us who didn't like Giroud cheesy
As for cech, he saved us points in his first season, then he declined seasons after that.
i rated the kid, but he was getting overhyped and if care is not taken he’ll be over trusted and that will rub off on results.

That said I never downplayed the pass it’s u guys that were making it look like something out of the ordinary. It was a routine pass and a duel too not like the pass picked out Aubameyang. Auba actually did a lot to get something from that pass, imagine it was Giroud that was to run for that ball in that tight area. I hope u get the picture.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:48am On Dec 13, 2018
kokaneprodigy:
i rated the kid, but he was getting overhyped and if care is not taken he’ll be over trusted and that will rub off on results.

That said I never downplayed the pass it’s u guys that were making it look like something out of the ordinary. It was a routine pass and a duel too not like the pass picked out Aubameyang. Auba actually did a lot to get something from that pass, imagine it was Giroud that was to run for that ball in that tight area. I hope u get the picture.
I get your point. He could turn out to be another another "flatter to decieve"player or turn a Gem.
Hopefully, he turns out to be that midfielder most fans are picturing him to be in the nearest future.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
BlueRayDick:

grin grin

So I need Berbatov to analyze what I saw with my two eyes right? Even when I see him in the match losing the ball, misplacing passes and neither playing as a winger nor midfielder in that match I should still stick with Berbatov's opinion?

I was not the only fan who criticized Guendouzi's performance, other fans did in my presence offline and many more online complaining how he seem not good enough for our midfield especially in big games with high intensity. The boy is not even as good as them Ramsey, Wilshire and co that we criticize for a long time.

All those yarns about top 4, top 10 countdown blah blah blah are just megedefegede.... People critique grammys sef , so I don't know what you are about on that.
Every football analyst on net view Guendouzi as a typical Arsenal signing. Plucking rare gems from unknown areas.

For the past two games he started, he had the highest ratings in the team apart from Torriera. Yet someone will come here to say he isn't good enough for first team.

My point is, unless our first team becomes like that of City or Barça, the guy is good.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:25pm On Dec 13, 2018
sod09:
i'm tired man...okay guen is a world best are you happy
You and Kokaneprodigy keep arguing even when facts are laid.

There is nothing like personal opinion when evidences are made.

Go and check the stats and compare them with others.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 8:35pm On Dec 13, 2018
Spy360:

Every football analyst on net view Guendouzi as a typical Arsenal signing. Plucking rare gems from unknown areas.

For the past two games he started, he had the highest ratings in the team apart from Torriera.
Yet someone will come here to say he isn't good enough for first team.

My point is, unless our first team becomes like that of City or Barça, the guy is good.
you even get time to answer them undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:43am On Dec 14, 2018
This is Saka's first senior team appearance and I must say I am very impressed with the kid. While his finishing will need a lot of work, the kid knows how to create space for himself on the wing and has good command on the ball. What I have been seeing at the academy watching him is no fluke. Good to the see Emery continue to provide some balance in the rotation by giving the young guns starting places but mixing it with regulars.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:06am On Dec 14, 2018
Roland17:
This was the first time I saw Saka play and I must say I am very impressed with the kid. While his finishing will need a lot of work, the kid knows how to create space for himself on the wing and has good command on the ball. Good to the see Emery continue to provide some balance in the rotation by giving the young guns starting places but mixing it with regulars.
Saka ko that qarabag keeper yesterday with a shot to his face grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2018
Funny some peeps are Tryna downplay Guendozi performance since he came. lol.

He's golden. His long passes accuracy were a disturbance to the defenders cos it was making football easy with the usual midfield tussles the rough epl is known for. That I noticed and it gave him high ratings in his 3 epl games and the Europa too. Then I noticed he stopped it altogether, which means such an order of discipline came from the coach himself. Else Guendozi would just be assisting from his DM position direct. Put in a team with better fire power like Man City, Bayern and I tell you, at this very age, he would be the highest assist king in that league.

Thus is no hype. You have to just adapt to what the coach wants. Emery uses him to draw out a sitting defence.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2018
daveP:
Funny some peeps are Tryna downplay Guendozi performance since he came. lol.

He's golden. His long passes accuracy were a disturbance to the defenders cos it was making football easy with the usual midfield tussles the rough epl is known for. That I noticed and it gave him high ratings in his 3 epl games and the Europa too. Then I noticed he stopped it altogether, which means such an order of discipline came from the coach himself. Else Guendozi would just be assisting from his DM position direct. Put in a team with better fire power like Man City, Bayern and I tell you, at this very age, he would be the highest assist king in that league.

Thus is no hype. You have to just adapt to what the coach wants. Emery uses him to draw out a sitting defence.
How some people don't see this is what marvels me, even when stats and pundits suggest so, they want to keep arguing saying its their personal opinion.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 3:26pm On Dec 14, 2018
Spy360:

How some people don't see this is what marvels me, even when stats and pundits suggest so, they want to keep arguing saying its their personal opinion.

Perhaps they've forgotten some soon how the Nigerian rival to Messi from 2005 was reduced to a DMF cos the coach wanted it so. Potentials are one thing, they cannot be doubted, but disciine and adaptation is another.

I'm still one of those that had the switch not happened and Mikel was in the right hands, Messi would've had a rival up his sleeves and that would've taken his shine away based on the potentials of Mikel.

See Chukwueze of Villarreal, with what he does, he can be a ronaldinho if groomed to continue with his natural. talents, but if the coach wants him doing otherwise or wants him playing elsewhere, what can we do?

That's the point.

Guendozi has literally stopped his long passes that Aubamayang loved to see.

Infact Guendozi has started playing and joining the attack instead of sitting back. All this boils down to what the coach wants.

So far who noticed that Emery hasn't been hard on Iwobi to shoot and score? I won't be surprised if the coach is behind that. but overall, me I'm after common sense instead.

But that common sense may be what made pep to get rid of Iheanacho too. so much for results.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2018
daveP:
Perhaps they've forgotten some soon how the Nigerian rival to Messi from 2005 was reduced to a DMF cos the coach wanted it so. Potentials are one thing, they cannot be doubted, but disciine and adaptation is another.

I'm still one of those that had the switch not happened and Mikel was in the right hands, Messi would've had a rival up his sleeves and that would've taken his shine away based on the potentials of Mikel.

See Chukwueze of Villarreal, with what he does, he can be a ronaldinho if groomed to continue with his natural. talents, but if the coach wants him doing otherwise or wants him playing elsewhere, what can we do?

That's the point.

Guendozi has literally stopped his long passes that Aubamayang loved to see.

Infact Guendozi has started playing and joining the attack instead of sitting back. All this boils down to what the coach wants.

So far who noticed that Emery hasn't been hard on Iwobi to shoot and score? I won't be surprised if the coach is behind that. but overall, me I'm after common sense instead.

But that common sense may be what made pep to get rid of Iheanacho too. so much for results.
let's hope Matteo turns out to be the lovely midfielder we see in him.
I also desire he plays in a PSG like team, where his talent will be recognized world wide...better and more ambitious players tutoring him.

As good as Santi was, he didn't reach the heights deserving of him and this is due to the calibre of players he's surrounded with and mangers instructions on style of play.
Guendozi, I fear may end up, not going for duels,tackles etc again.he could stop Being mobile and starts the soft, strolling,cool football we play.

Hopefully, Emery will get more of Torreira's type or South Americans who are ready to run/die for the badge for 120 minutes like klops men.

Some of our senior players attitude on the pitch can make Toreira do a Sanchez on us or turn Guendozi to a passenger on the pitch.

I trust in Emery to handle the situation well.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2018
At this rate, una go carve an image of Guendouzi and pray to it 7 times a day grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Afobear: 4:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
Another bunch of Mumus here ....saying Mikel could have taken the shine away from Messi if he didn't switch position!!! Una go d hype Averageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Naija players every time

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:07am On Dec 16, 2018
Afobear:
Another bunch of Mumus here ....saying Mikel could have taken the shine away from Messi if he didn't switch position!!! Una go d hype Averageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Naija players every time
Mediocrity can be funny too...

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KINGOFJAPAN: 1:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
kodded:

Nobody talked or you didn't hear. The person that threw the banana was found and banned for life from entering the stadium.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 2:07pm On Dec 16, 2018
Niles should have replaced kola in a Back 3 formation..
I fear kosc isn't ready for a 2 man defence in a match like this..
Also, Emery doesn't seem to trust any of our creative players in the 10 position.. Guendozi is a CM or DM..this could make him look poor.
Hopefully, iwobi and mhicky turns up today.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 2:55pm On Dec 16, 2018
Hello Mr Kos the pensioner brain fart is back...I can't believe people still want that idiot in the team
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:01pm On Dec 16, 2018
I owe mustafi apology cos this Kos was the real culrpit while mustafi was the victim
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by odizeey(m): 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2018
Haha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2018
I don't even know the formation on the pitch..

Xhaka is at left back and center back?

Monreal is far up the pitch like an 11.

Kosc is the only one in the cB position.

Litchtner is seen more in the RB position..

Bellerin far up the pitch...

The formation is not clear
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 4:00pm On Dec 16, 2018
Fkhalifa:
I don't even know the formation on the pitch..

Xhaka is at left back and center back?

Monreal is far up the pitch like an 11.

Kosc is the only one in the cB position.

Litchtner is seen more in the RB position..

Bellerin far up the pitch...

The formation is not clear
this is their formation

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2018
With a disjointed squad as this full of averageness, a draw will be a great result, a win out of this world.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by RuuDie(m): 4:17pm On Dec 16, 2018
Are we gon party or nay!!? grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) ... (3486) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Roland17(m), Leyqute(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.