Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2314123 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:50pm On Dec 07, 2018
Roland17:

I hate to sound like I am picking on him but you raised it with the embolden and I feel like I need to address it.

He conceded a silly foul in a dangerous area around the top of the box which led to the free-kick that subsequently led to United's first equalizer.

Against Bournemouth, he was running helter-skelter when he was drawn into a Bournemouth possession and away from his position which led to the pass that opened the play for Bournemouth's equalizer.

Again, I believe he is a very good talent who is way ahead of his age. He has a great upside and I am very excited about him. I have always preached about his talent, even before we got him from PSG. I think we should be open to player criticism in this era even for young players because footballer are people of habit and rituals especially when they are young. Ramsey was 19 when Shawcross broke his leg but it has not stopped us from being critical of some aspects of his game.

The reason we got him is to slowly transition him to the midfield but he still needs a lot to happen for that to materialize.
I maybe wrong,but I'm for fouling opposition from running through our midfield and entering our 18 yard box. Xhaka stopped Ali leading to Kane's free kick, I wouldn't cast blame on xhaka or mustafi for fouling a player before running into the box,

Even if they had scored.Not all free kick scores.

I'll risk that than allow what hazard did against us 2ce. He once ran passed Carzola and Arterta,leading to kosc fouling him and conceding penalty. Also running past coq and eventually scoring.

What I understand error to mean is, lossing possession or being robbed off the ball, leading to goals, misplacing a pass leading.

Iwobi lost the ball in our oppostion's box against Bournemouth, they countered us and none of our midfielders and defenders could stop them.

According to who scored.com he has 0 error leading to goals.

He needs time to mature into a modric and pirlo, hopefully he will come and do a xavi on stoke in future cheesy I agree with the rest you say bro. wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by CAPSLOCKED: 4:57pm On Dec 07, 2018

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:50pm On Dec 07, 2018
Comparing Mustafi & Van Dijk in the @premierleague this season.

Mustafi:
Games: 15
Goals: 2
Tackles Won: 21
Interceptions: 31
Clearances: 93
Aerial Battles Won: 58
#AFC

Van Dijk:
Games: 15
Goals: 0
Tackles Won: 13
Interceptions: 16
Clearances: 88
Aerial Battles Won: 68
#LFC https:///f6TdEPPOdB

Personally, I think mustafi deserves some credit, he's improved a lot.despite being erratic a times, he's keep his head up,kept improving and quite consistent.

Sadly, Stoke butchered Holding outta the season,hopefully kosc will come in to do the job now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 5:51pm On Dec 07, 2018
chidexxy007:

But but... his team isnt a UCL team na, i say he deserves his inclusion grin
Intending...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:35am On Dec 08, 2018
eph12:

OK next time go for the W from kick off. Thank
We thought we were playing the real Man United at kickoff, until we saw Jam-body, and Hair-master.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:40am On Dec 08, 2018
kokaneprodigy:
Keyword not ready
He got a rating of 7 same as Torriera, yet the keyword you saw was 'not ready' ignoring 'probably' and 'physically' to complete the phrase.

Well, I saw 'best passer', and 'taking responsibility'.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:48am On Dec 08, 2018
KevinDein:

Arsenal met city at the start of the season when Emery hasn't even fully implemented his system and they didn't concede four.

Please, I understand everyone should have an opinion especially on public forum but I will appreciate it if you just stop quoting my comments. Your knowledge of football is rather poor and it's a torture having to read your comments.

Thanks for your understanding.
Understanding and ndidibabe are like fish and desert. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 4:05am On Dec 08, 2018
KevinDein:

Yes, that same squad.

He inherited a squad that had De Bruyne, David Silva, Fernandinho, Aguero and 50 million pounds Sterling as the core and then spent a couple of hundreds of millions to strengthen it. That squad won the league just 2 seasons earlier. Compare that to the Arsenal squad which just finished a distant 6th last season and has the mentally weak and inconsistent Ozil and Mhiki, the error prone Mustafi and Xhaka, the out of form and inexperience Iwobi and Bellerin. Only Aubameyang and Lacazette can be said to be really great players.

The squad Pep inherited from Pellegrini is so much better than the one Wenger handed to Emery is not even a joke.

(Pep/city fans should stop seeing my post as a dig at Pep. It's more to put the good work Emery has done at Arsenal in perspective)

Revisionism dey sweet ehn.

KDB was played out of position. Silva, brilliant but never producing this amount of output that we currently see. Fernandinho, good, but Wilshere and co ran circles round him just before Pep. Let me add, Ozil was 42M, Mhiki 35M, Xhaka 35M. Not to add Auba and Laca who both cost 115M. Wenger tried to pay 92M for lemar (money was not his problem). He even tried to get Mbappe.

As for Bellerin, LOL. Pep would have taken Bellerin over Sagna and Zabaleta. Even over Danilo. Nacho and Kolasinac will start over Gael Clichy. Pep is playing Zinchenko and Delph as LBs FFS.

I dedicated one paragraph to talk about Raheem-inefficient-5-goals-a season-misses-big-chances-Sterling. Iwobi today is Raheem when Pep came. Potential. You guys make up reality as you go. I can pick 4 players in this side that will still play for City today.

Of course, Pep's present squad is better than the one Unai Emery inherited. But the quality of teams both inherited? fa fa foul. You are using their present form to judge who they were then.

2 seasons ago is a long time in football. Ask Alexis. That City squad went 1- 2- 4 before Pep.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:20am On Dec 08, 2018
Eruditor:

Revisionism dey sweet ehn.

KDB was played out of position. Silva, brilliant but never producing this amount of output that we currently see. Fernandinho, good, but Wilshere and co ran circles round him just before Pep. Let me add, Ozil was 42M, Mhiki 35M, Xhaka 35M. Not to add Auba and Laca who both cost 115M. Wenger tried to pay 92M for lemar (money was not his problem). He even tried to get Mbappe.

As for Bellerin, LOL. Pep would have taken Bellerin over Sagna and Zabaleta. Even over Danilo. Nacho and Kolasinac will start over Gael Clichy. Pep is playing Zinchenko and Delph as LBs FFS.

I dedicated one paragraph to talk about Raheem-inefficient-5-goals-a season-misses-big-chances-Sterling. Iwobi today is Raheem when Pep came. Potential. You guys make up reality as you go. I can pick 4 players in this side that will still play for City today.

Of course, Pep's present squad is better than the one Unai Emery inherited. But the quality of teams both inherited? fa fa foul. You are using their present form to judge who they were then.

2 seasons ago is a long time in football. Ask Alexis. That City squad went 1- 2- 4 before Pep.
The comparison is not about whether Emery is better than Pep.

It's about the difficulty each faced in changing the fortunes of their teams.

Pep had money, something Emery doesn't.

Money make things easier.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eruditor: 5:58am On Dec 08, 2018
Spy360:

The comparison is not about whether Emery is better than Pep.

It's about the difficulty each faced in changing the fortunes of their teams.

Pep had money, something Emery doesn't.

Money make things easier.

I am not even arguing about their coaching. I am challenging the talk that the team Pep inherited was significantly better than what Wenger left Unai.

City have spending money, yes..but that does not mean Unai has nothing. It is just not true. You saw me listing out how much Wenger coughed out and was willing to.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:39am On Dec 08, 2018
Ozil will play today cos of a less physical Huddersfield
Mtchewww

Well he didn't make the squad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:35pm On Dec 08, 2018
Monrẹ́al is back...good news

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:44pm On Dec 08, 2018
2 strikers for the first time in how many years smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2018
sod09:
Monrẹ́al is back...good news
Great news. He will fit in at the left side of the back three. Kolasinac, just like Bellerin, is much better as a wing back. The back three system suits Kola and Bellerin.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:20pm On Dec 08, 2018
We have looked indifferent and lethargic.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:29pm On Dec 08, 2018
Come on now angryAuba you should be scoring that
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2018
How are our front2 fairing? Are we struggling to break them down? Issokay 0
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2018
Lacazette's miss is worse to even watch angry

We are so wasteful. 2 bad misses from both strikers.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:33pm On Dec 08, 2018
We need to raise the energy and intensity level.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 08, 2018
Roland17:
We have looked indifferent and lethargic.
look at the midfield, if I talk they’ll say I don’t like him.

That’s how I was criticising Giroud and Cech since 2 seasons ago, Spy and some folks no let me rest we all saw how it turned out.

What I’ve discovered is that some peeps attention to detail here is abysmal. What I see now it’ll take Spy and co series of woeful game before they see it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:40pm On Dec 08, 2018
Looks like these guys are targeting Torreira was some very dangerous tackles.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2018
Someone is going to get a red card in this game. The ref has lost control with tackles flying everywhere.

Sokratis gets 1. 3 yellow cards for each team. We have had serious difficulty controlling our emotions and composure recently.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2018
That is a ridiculous offside call.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2018
This linesman is very very fooolish for this kind of call.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 4:46pm On Dec 08, 2018
Roland17:
That is a ridiculous offside call.
English Ref are disgrace to football
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2018
Torreira with a terrific long-range shot.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2018
What kind of ref is this...that was a clear pk and you booked mustafi
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2018
A 4th yellow card for Arsenal as Mustafi gets his share.

We are going to be without Mustafi and Sokratis for the game against Southampton.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2018
That’s no clear PK
sod09:
What kind of ref is this...that was a clear pk and you booked mustafi
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 4:58pm On Dec 08, 2018
I thought you offside when you anticipate the ball
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2018
kokaneprodigy:
That’s no clear PK
how
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:05pm On Dec 08, 2018
sod09:
I thought you offside when you anticipate the ball

The linesman was clearly wrong there. Laca was returning from an offside position when Auba headed the ball but Huddersfield defender touched the ball by passing to the goalie and that made Laca active again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1322) (1323) (1324) (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.