Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,001 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2303703 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1432) (1433) (1434) (1435) (1436) (1437) (1438) ... (3482) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
solomonbrown64:
.....Squad depth might just be our kriptonite this later part of the season. Yes, Emery was at fault yesterday but seeing the injury to Ramsey after playing too many games in quick successions, he decided to rotate, perhaps too much in my opinion. We have got a decent first eleven and three or four average players after that. The rest are deadwoods.

.... Emery has obviously decided to favor the Europa league for the best of his Squad and honestly I can't fault him for that. The glory, the trophy and making history with the club is enough to sway his decision towards that and of course he will still qualify for the champions league in a better pot (I think).

....Top four is still up for grabs, we just have to keep that goal difference intact and hope that Auba and his friend become better at putting the ball in the net especially the latter.
If Xhaka is still not available on Wednesday, Torriera and Guendouzi might start in midfield. Niles must be protected by all means, an injury to him might be the end of our season. Emery knows what he is doing but our average squad sometimes makes him look stupid. Till Wednesday....COYG!
You keep finding a way to heap blame on Auba and Laca, even Messi doesn’t bury all his chances. The beauty is that he (Messi) gets packs of chances. How many chances did that midfield create yesterday? The midfield was woeful the defence shambolic. QED
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Emery doesn't know what he is doing. A coach who knows what he's doing wouldn't start mavro, Elneny, debuchy and Guendouzi.

For 4ck sake he couldve started Niles ahead of Debuchi and Torreira ahead of Elneny. Those two would've offered us more attacking threat.

You seem to believe once Lacazette or Auba miss a goal or two, they should be held responsible for a resultant draw or defeat. Football doesn't work that way. Yesterday our defence was poor Courtesy of wrong judgement by of mustafi, our midfield was piss poor due to the non-creative football being played by Guendouzi and Elneny. Wan-Bissaka made the average Kolasinaic look below average. Our attackers were poor enough to get two goals despite playing behind a midfield that lacks creativity.

Yes the defeat is on Emery and he needs to do better when he wants to start rotation. You don't just start 4 to 5 non starters against a mid table team and expect to score dozens of goals against them.

.....Lol, Debuchy, Bro you need to calm down. I said Emery was arrogant yesterday but after looking at it again, I realized that he was right to do what he did. Niles has showed that if he plays too much especially with the way he runs, he will get a knock and most times an injury. He tackles very hard and that has brought about injuries, the game against mancity where he got injured. We don't have any player that can do a job in that position and should he get injured, it's goodbye to our aspirations this season.

.... Torreira is too important and without him and Xhaka, we can all see the outcome - a lifeless midfield. Torreira and Guendouzi are still adapting to the league and playing them too much cost us some matches during the festive period most notably the Liverpool match. Mavro took forever to recover from a groin injury, something remotely close happens to Torreira, we both know what will happen. Look at Xhaka, this injury of his occurred during the international break but he is still yet to recover fully and I think it's the same with Torreira, hence the management and rotation.

....Ozil back problems doesn't allow for him to be played all the time and Mkhi is another injury prone player. So, you see the dilemma? If you were a coach, knowing this and that you have a shot at glory with the Europa, what will you do? I don't think you would have done differently from what he did. No?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.....Lol, Debuchy, Bro you need to calm down. I said Emery was arrogant yesterday but after looking at it again, I realized that he was right to do what he did. Niles has showed that if he plays too much especially with the way he runs, he will get a knock and most times an injury. He tackles very hard and that has brought about injuries, the game against mancity where he got injured. We don't have any player that can do a job in that position and should he get injured, it's goodbye to our aspirations this season.

.... Torreira is too important and without him and Xhaka, we can all see the outcome - a lifeless midfield. Torreira and Guendouzi are still adapting to the league and playing them too much cost us some matches during the festive period most notably the Liverpool match. Mavro took forever to recover from a groin injury, something remotely close happens to Torreira, we both know what will happen. Look at Xhaka, this injury of his occurred during the international break but he is still yet to recover fully and I think it's the same with Torreira, hence the management and rotation.

....Ozil back problems doesn't allow for him to be played all the time and Mkhi is another injury prone player. So, you see the dilemma? If you were a coach, knowing this and that you have a shot at glory with the Europa, what will you do? I don't think you would have done differently from what he did. No?
you and khalifa are biased with your judgement on players, you couldn't even blame the midfield but you attack the defence and the attackers.
Emery trusted the midfield and they failed him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2019
You guys should stop putting torreira and xhaka in the same sentence with guendouzi. Those 2 are class apart from that boy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 1:04pm On Apr 22, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

You keep finding a way to heap blame on Auba and Laca, even Messi doesn’t bury all his chances. The beauty is that he (Messi) gets packs of chances. How many chances did that midfield create yesterday? The midfield was woeful the defence shambolic. QED

....Oga, if your team isn't creating enough for you, as supposed world class player, what are you supposed to do? Do you Zaha waiting for people to supply him yesterday before he did the what was needed? Lacazette had two decent chances to shoot yesterday, did he get to take even one shot at all?

....Auba knew there would be no supply yesterday and took the bull by the horn. That's what world class players do. It isn't all the time, the stars will align for things to happen for you. You have to do what is expected of you. I criticize them because they have in them to do better and bail the team out of the hole if things aren't going to plan but sometimes they don't.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 1:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
sod09:
you are khalifa are biased with your judgement on players, you couldn't even blame the midfield but you attack the defence and the attackers.

.....If you can't see what I was trying to pass across in that post, then there is nothing I can do beyond that. If anyone is biased on this thread, it's you. You just want me to acknowledge that Guendouzi was the architect of our loss yesterday and if anyone believes that wholeheartedly, then something is clearly wrong.

...The midfield had no connection with the goals scored yesterday. All three goals had everything to with Mustafi and the entire defense. A failed offside trap, a brain fart and then no one marking players in our box which is completely unusual as we have barely conceded from corners this season.

...The midfield was bad yes, but they weren't the sole reason we lost. Stop with the annoying crusade already and stop forcing your opinion on me bro. Not cool at all.
I have stated mine and if you can't accept it, move on. Yesterday is gone, we lost. Let's move ahead to the next game. Abeg, tired of repeating myself already.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.....If you can't see what I was trying to pass across in that post, then there is nothing I can do beyond that. If anyone is biased on this thread, it's you. You just want me to acknowledge that Guendouzi was the architect of our loss yesterday and if anyone believes that wholeheartedly, then something is clearly wrong.

...The midfield had no connection with the goals scored yesterday. All three goals had everything to with Mustafi and the entire defense. A failed offside trap, a brain fart and then no one marking players in our box which is completely unusual as we have barely conceded from corners this season.

...The midfield was bad yes, but they weren't the sole reason we lost. Stop with the annoying crusade already and stop forcing your opinion on me bro. Not cool at all.
I have stated mine and if you can't accept it, move on. Yesterday is gone, we lost. Let's move ahead to the next game. Abeg, tired of repeating myself already.
so opinion now counts but you and others always call me on guendouzi matter.
A taste of your own medicine and you went out with full force,I hope non of you disturb me on whatever I type here again.
Peace

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

I tire for him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
solomonbrown64:

....Oga, if your team isn't creating enough for you, as supposed world class player, what are you supposed to do? Do you Zaha waiting for people to supply him yesterday before he did the what was needed? Lacazette had two decent chances to shoot yesterday, did he get to take even one shot at all?

....Auba knew there would be no supply yesterday and took the bull by the horn. That's what world class players do. It isn't all the time, the stars will align for things to happen for you. You have to do what is expected of you. I criticize them because they have in them to do better and bail the team out of the hole if things aren't going to plan but sometimes they don't.

What do you even know about world class players? So Zaha is world class and Lacazette isn't àbí?....smh...... When his midfield isn't creative he should run the whole field from the back to the opponent's goal and score as the messi he his bá?
Do you even see the palace midfield and defence set up? How long do you think he would travel before he is tripped?

Zaha scored because our defence was poor and our midfield shiiit. The Lacazette u want to blame for the loss was even instrumental to ozil's goal.

How u analyze football baffles me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
solomonbrown64:

If I was a coach, I wouldn't start an unintelligent and sluggish Guendouzi and a useless Elneny in the middle of the pack. Doing that would be me hoping my wingers would be lucky enough to get the better of the opponent's left and right backs. Doing that means killing the creativity in the team.

Lack of creativity prevented us from scoring goals while bad judgement from mustafi cost us the goals we conceded. Our attack wasnt sharp but they got 2 goals

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ORIJIN201(m): 2:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
eph12:

Tottenham that we killed in their home? cheesy cheesy cheesy

So you now even see Crystal Palace on same level with Tottenham and City? Tufiakwa angry
beating someone by one goal is killing as opposed to being flogged by 3 goals by same opponent? grin

Losers and excuse. The same Tottenham that we flog. If not for useless English refs, we would have done same to them at their home.

We killed Tottenham FC cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hypocrisy
solomonbrown64:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 3:15pm On Apr 22, 2019
ORIJIN201:
beating someone by one goal is killing as opposed to being flogged by 3 goals by same opponent? grin

Losers and excuse. The same Tottenham that we flog. If not for useless English refs, we would have done same to them at their home.

We killed Tottenham FC cheesy grin
Ahhh Zaha bullied us from left to right FC cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ORIJIN201(m): 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2019
eph12:

Ahhh Zaha bullied us from left to right FC cheesy
Sixth FC grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:03pm On Apr 22, 2019
sod09:
you and khalifa are biased with your judgement on players, you couldn't even blame the midfield but you attack the defence and the attackers.
There's none of our midfielders I rate to take us to the level I desire except Torreira.
I'll be patient on Guen for he is young, hasn't played at this stage and in the learning stage.After 2/3 years I'll decide if he is worth starting,squad player or be sold.

All the epistles of he can't do this and that you and 2 others are writing about him is waste of time. He's still at the learning age and no one is saying he's a zidane or pirlo.

Every well meaning Arsenal fans have written much on more important issues, its only here I see scape goating the boy on what agbayas are poor at.

City start Foden,zhichenko, spurs start, kyle water peters,foyth, these young lads do make some childish stuffs on the pitch, but you see their senior men covering and doing the job in the end.

Mustafi is a bigger issue, 35€, 28 yrs,German international but still eratic. He lost us the game, focus more on him.

Kola has been one dimensional, zero at defence, matured age,built and still not good enough, a bigger issue bro.

Mesut?Mhicky?

Iwobi passed to the keeper instead of a ruthless shot.

We've got bigger issues bro.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by eph12(m): 5:42pm On Apr 22, 2019
ORIJIN201:
Sixth FC grin
Where's the physical strength FC grin grin
This one na prayer point FC o cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2019
Fkhalifa:

There's none of our midfielders I rate to take us to the level I desire except Torreira.
I'll be patient on Guen for he is young, hasn't played at this stage and in the learning stage.After 2/3 years I'll decide if he is worth starting,squad player or be sold.

All the epistles of he can't do this and that you and 2 others are writing about him is waste of time. He's still at the learning age and no one is saying he's a zidane or pirlo.

Every well meaning Arsenal fans have written much on more important issues, its only here I see scape goating the boy on what agbayas are poor at.

City start Foden,zhichenko, spurs start, kyle water peters,foyth, these young lads do make some childish stuffs on the pitch, but you see their senior men covering and doing the job in the end.

Mustafi is a bigger issue, 35€, 28 yrs,German international but still eratic. He lost us the game, focus more on him.

Kola has been one dimensional, zero at defence, matured age,built and still not good enough, a bigger issue bro.

Mesut?Mhicky?

Iwobi passed to the keeper instead of a ruthless shot.

We've got bigger issues bro.
bros he's part of the team so he's part of the problem, we don't need trial and failure, that's how we thought elneny ,mustafi, jenko will come good.
Iwobi, mhki are playing out of position.
I criticized individuals that play bad I dont have any favourite, everyone knows ozil is a cancer and should be removed.
Personally I pray we sell one of lacazette or aubayeng they are too relaxed which is bad, torreira hot the stick against LFC
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 5:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
BlueRayDick:

What do you even know about world class players? So Zaha is world class and Lacazette isn't àbí?....smh...... When his midfield isn't creative he should run the whole field from the back to the opponent's goal and score as the messi he his bá?
Do you even see the palace midfield and defence set up? How long do you think he would travel before he is tripped?

Zaha scored because our defence was poor and our midfield shiiit. The Lacazette u want to blame for the loss was even instrumental to ozil's goal.

How u analyze football baffles me.

.....My point was; Laca had a few chances and he didn't convert. That was my point. The midfield became better in the second half, what did he do? Apart from the pass, what did he do? Check the ratings given to both strikers and see if they were great.

....Look at what you wrote and look at my post, how do they correlate? Did Auba have to run the entire field to score. Did Zaha have to do that too? It just isn't about scoring, it's about trying to do something. Can you honestly say that any of our attack minded players did that yesterday apart from Ozil? That is my point.
I said world class players always find a way; they do something when things aren't going well. How does that equal running the entire length of the pitch? When did I even blame Laca or the attack for the solely for the loss? I stated that earlier it was due to the arrogance of Emery and then later the fact the squad is filled with deadwoods apart from the first eleven and a few players. I only stated that chances created from now should be put to bed because this midfield might still start on Wednesday depending on players available. Where did you I see blamed Laca or whatever except you people just twist things in order to move your agenda.

.... I stated my opinion, never mentioned or quoted anyone except those that did so first. If you don't like it, move on and stop twisting things. Whoever you want to blame for the loss, that's your cup of tea. We see from different perspectives. Abeg, nobody should quote me on this issue again.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 5:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
BlueRayDick:

If I was a coach, I wouldn't start an unintelligent and sluggish Guendouzi and a useless Elneny in the middle of the pack. Doing that would be me hoping my wingers would be lucky enough to get the better of the opponent's left and right backs. Doing that means killing the creativity in the team.

Lack of creativity prevented us from scoring goals while bad judgement from mustafi cost us the goals we conceded. Our attack wasnt sharp but they got 2 goals

.... Who would you have started in midfield yesterday apart from those two? Mkhi? Who? There was absolutely nobody. The coach had no choice than to do what he did. The coach hoped that our attack could do something and the defense could hold out a win. Something similar to the Watford game. Unfortunately, Mustafi didn't come to the party and neither did two other defenders. He wasn't going for a spectacular win, he just wanted a slight victory and at worse a draw. We all know that could have happened seeing that we scored two and could have added more. The coach knew the midfield wouldn't even exist, he had seen the Everton game, hence starting the calibre of players he started in attack.

.....If Socratic was available, we would have won that match or drawn it even with that lifeless midfield. That was the plan of the coach, unfortunately he didn't plan for Mustafi.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 5:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
Hypocrisy
... Your cup of tea.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:03pm On Apr 22, 2019
sod09:
bros he's part of the team so he's part of the problem, we don't need trial and failure, that's how we thought elneny ,mustafi, jenko will come good.
Iwobi, mhki are playing out of position.
I criticized individuals that play bad I dont have any favourite, everyone knows ozil is a cancer and should be removed.
Personally I pray we sell one of lacazette or aubayeng they are too relaxed which is bad, torreira hot the stick against LFC
Now this is fair and good criticism. I love this, so you can be this nice? cheesy
Koscienly came from lorient like Guen, got red card against Torres in his first game,many called him a flop buy and want him out, but he surprised us the following year and has been nicked the Boss. He's our best defender till date.
So let's see a year or two for Guen,Mavro..not everyone turns out to flop, remember Gnabry,Sallah,de bruyne and Zaha from their respective former clubs.

Iwobi should be a squad player behind a player like Zaha for us.Mhicky is old,inconsistent and not hard enough for the league. Sell him!

I don't support selling one of our forward, I want them compete for CF position, they are very good strikers and shouldn't be seen on the flanks.

Auba was majorly on the right wing, laca wasn't even anywhere.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Now this is fair and good criticism. I love this, so you can be this nice? cheesy
Koscienly came from lorient like Guen, got red card against Torres in his first game,many called him a flop buy and want him out, but he surprised us the following year and has been nicked the Boss. He's our best defender till date.
So let's see a year or two for Guen,Mavro..not everyone turns out to flop, remember Gnabry,Sallah,de bruyne and Zaha from their respective former clubs.

Iwobi should be a squad player behind a player like Zaha for us.Mhicky is old,inconsistent and not hard enough for the league. Sell him!

I don't support selling one of our forward, I want them compete for CF position, they are very good strikers and shouldn't be seen on the flanks.

Auba was majorly on the right wing, laca wasn't even anywhere.
I have always been fair, you guys just think I don't like the boy,for the boy to be good, he needs to stop training with those clowns that pose with camera in training.
He should go and meet Papa, xhaka, torreira,kos
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
There's something I don't get o..I'm not trying to defend Emery, but isn't it wise he rests some players?

I need clarity fa.

Watford,Napoli and palace within 7 days is draining, Ramsey already had a knock, Xhaka injured, Torreira seems unfit, Monreal is old and may get injured, Niles is our only option.

If they got injured yesterday, fans may still bounce on Emery for overplaying them. Some may even get injured st wolves
It is a risk that didn't pay.

I saw city and spurs line up and they both rested players, utd didn't rest and they were slow and raped.

We have wolves away which is harder, how can our first 11 survive those fixtures?
I think Emery trusted the front 3 to deliver the points, unfortunately it didn't end well.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:18pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hello Fellow Gunners. I'm new here. Was just watching from sidelines since.
Capable comrades of the house, spy360, kokaneprodigy (hope you win your money bro), blueraydick(hope say you go collect your won bet sha), sod09, mrdojo, Roland17, Fkhalifa pazienza, Solomonbrown orijin. It's all nice meeting you all.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
sod09:
I have always been fair, you guys just think I don't like the boy,for the boy to be good, he needs to stop training with those clowns that pose with camera in training.
He should go and meet Papa, xhaka, torreira,kos

Na Emery cause am, I like Emery o, but I so wanted Simeone or klopp, coach who are fire and don't joke with business. Matteo started very good for us but I noticed he's started to feel big in his head.

Auba and laca needs to compete and stop smiling like they are in Emirates to have fun.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:24pm On Apr 22, 2019
Jodera:
Capable comrades of the house, spy360, kokaneprodigy (hope you win your money bro), blueraydick(hope say you go collect your won bet sha), sod09, mrdojo, Roland17, Fkhalifa pazienza, Solomonbrown orijin. It's all nice meeting you all.
You're welcome, we hope you contribute more on here, mind you we attack one another here gan cheesy, yes it will be so until we get to the level we wanted.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 6:30pm On Apr 22, 2019
Jodera:

You are welcome brother.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 6:33pm On Apr 22, 2019
Fkhalifa:
There's something I don't get o..I'm not trying to defend Emery, but isn't it wise he rests some players?

I need clarity fa.

Watford,Napoli and palace within 7 days is draining, Ramsey already had a knock, Xhaka injured, Torreira seems unfit, Monreal is old and may get injured, Niles is our only option.

If they got injured yesterday, fans may still bounce on Emery for overplaying them. Some may even get injured st wolves
It is a risk that didn't pay.

I saw city and spurs line up and they both rested players, utd didn't rest and they were slow and raped.

We have wolves away which is harder, how can our first 11 survive those fixtures?
I think Emery trusted the front 3 to deliver the points, unfortunately it didn't end well.

....That was what I later realized too after checking our fixture list. You have yet to include both Europa games too. Despite the fact that Emery rested Ramsey a lot, he still tore his hamstring. Xhaka is still being managed as he is not fully recovered yet and if he is, the coach doesn't want to start him, same with Torreira. Our entire midfield is gone save for a 20yr old who is worn-out and overwhelmed at this stage of the season and a squad player at best.

....Laca is always pulled off and most times Auba is substituted in, all in a bid to keep them fresh. We have a lot of games coming up, but hardly any capable player to rotate with especially in midfield. Yet, some of the fans don't want to see that. Imagine starting Torreira yesterday and he gets pulled off with an injury or Niles, same people will blame the coach. Right now, we don't have a functional midfield, it's entirely up to the attack and defense to win us matches. I hope they do.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2019
Fkhalifa:

You're welcome, we hope you contribute more on here, mind you we attack one another here gan cheesy, yes it will be so until we get to the level we wanted.
Thanks brother. Happy to contribute
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
pazienza:

You are welcome brother.
Thank you bro

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Na Emery cause am, I like Emery o, but I so wanted Simeone or klopp, coach who are fire and don't joke with business. Matteo started very good for us but I noticed he's started to feel big in his head.

Auba and laca needs to compete and stop smiling like they are in Emirates to have fun.

Guendouzi is so annoyingly over confident. His confidence signs checks his abilities can never cash.
He would hold ball and see opponents rushing towards him from all directions and still make no attempt to pass, instead will try to outrun them, when he knows he lacks pace, or dribble through them, when he knows he is no dribbler, then he gets dispossessed and ends flat face on the pitch. Like I said, so annoying a style of play for someone so young. He better change or he wouldn't have future here. He takes too many touches on the ball.

I don't see anything wrong with the bromance between Laca and Auba. Bromance promotes general dressing room camaraderie . I'd rather that than the acrimony between Higuain and Benzema in Madrid those years that ended in Higuain forcing a move out of the club.
The bromance between our strikers is not the reason they are fluffing their lines. With or without the bromance, both players were known to be wasteful in front of goal, we just need to live with that.
What we can do is create more avenues for goals in the team when both of them are spurning their chances, and that would be done by upgrading our wingers.

We need to get a player like Zaha, who can take on players and can shoot. If we had a better winger yesterday, we would have escaped that match with a point. I can not in the life of me imagine an above average winger shooting like a teenage girl like Iwobi does. A better winger would convert those chances and relieve our over dependence on our wingers. Iwobi has shown persistently that shooting is his Achilles heel, yet he will never work on them, as we don't see any improvement on his shooting abilities match after match. He is at best a squad player. If we are serious as a team, then Iwobi shouldn't be featuring regularly for us.

We also need midfielders who can chip in goals regularly, Ramsey can do that, but he is unfortunately leaving us, so that's one more hole to block in the team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2019
Jodera:
you welcome bros, we hope you don't watch from sidelines again and contribute too wink
Wengay almost made us living dead let's hope Emery turns thing for us.

Cheers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1432) (1433) (1434) (1435) (1436) (1437) (1438) ... (3482) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.