Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2299792 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1433) (1434) (1435) (1436) (1437) (1438) (1439) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
Fkhalifa:
There's something I don't get o..I'm not trying to defend Emery, but isn't it wise he rests some players?

I need clarity fa.

Watford,Napoli and palace within 7 days is draining, Ramsey already had a knock, Xhaka injured, Torreira seems unfit, Monreal is old and may get injured, Niles is our only option.

If they got injured yesterday, fans may still bounce on Emery for overplaying them. Some may even get injured st wolves
It is a risk that didn't pay.

I saw city and spurs line up and they both rested players, utd didn't rest and they were slow and raped.

We have wolves away which is harder, how can our first 11 survive those fixtures?
I think Emery trusted the front 3 to deliver the points, unfortunately it didn't end well.
then you don't still get it, he did the same against Everton why repeating it. This is one of the reason I don't like Wenger for taking stupid risk you know will back fire
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Na Emery cause am, I like Emery o, but I so wanted Simeone or klopp, coach who are fire and don't joke with business. Matteo started very good for us but I noticed he's started to feel big in his head.

Auba and laca needs to compete and stop smiling like they are in Emirates to have fun.
exactly now you saying the truth, I was one of his fans too from preseason to the early season but he started misusing his opportunity.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2019
Jodera:
Hello Fellow Gunners. I'm new here. Was just watching from sidelines since.
Capable comrades of the house, spy360, kokaneprodigy (hope you win your money bro), blueraydick(hope say you go collect your won bet sha), sod09, mrdojo, Roland17, Fkhalifa pazienza, Solomonbrown orijin. It's all nice meeting you all.

.........Hello bro....nice meeting you too.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2019
Fkhalifa:
There's something I don't get o..I'm not trying to defend Emery, but isn't it wise he rests some players?

I need clarity fa.

Watford,Napoli and palace within 7 days is draining, Ramsey already had a knock, Xhaka injured, Torreira seems unfit, Monreal is old and may get injured, Niles is our only option.

If they got injured yesterday, fans may still bounce on Emery for overplaying them. Some may even get injured st wolves

I saw city and spurs line up and they both rested players, utd didn't rest and they were slow and raped.

We have wolves away which is harder, how can our first 11 survive those fixtures?
I think Emery trusted the front 3 to deliver the points, unfortunately it didn't end well.

The Palace match was a sure 3points match if we fielded our strong team from start. If Emery wanted to gamble, common sense directs that the Wolves game, where even with full squad, we could still lose, should be the match to gamble on.

There is no making of excuses for Emery here, this is exactly how people started making excuses for failing Wenger until defending his blunders became a must for them, since their ego were already on the line and they could never accept that Wenger was no longer fit enough to manage a modern football club aspiring to operate at the highest echelon of European top level football.

The loss of yesterday rests squarely on Emery. No buts, no ifs , lest we enter a slippery road again.

Infact, I'm getting pissed off by the fact that Emery is beginning to acquire wenger ego driven stubborness which led him to stick to and continue repeating an already tried and failed formula, just to not accept the people criticism that he was wrong for picking the formula.

A similar line up to the one that lost to Palace yesterday was used by Emery against Everton. It backfired and Emery was rightly slated by the fans and media. Yet few days later, Emery was repeating the same starting line up, to what end? To prove that he is the boss, that everyone else is wrong but him? Was the ego trip worth our top 4 chances? This is so Wenger-esque from Emery, and if he continues this path, he might end up like Wenger pretty soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2019
pazienza:

The Palace match was a sure 3points match if we fielded our strong team from start. If Emery wanted to gamble, common sense directs that the Wolves game, where even with full squad, we could still lose, should be the match to gamble on.

There is no making of excuses for Emery here, this is exactly how people started making excuses for failing Wenger until defending his blunders became a must for them, since their ego were already on the line and they could never accept that Wenger was no longer fit enough to manage a modern football club aspiring to operate at the highest echelon of European top level football.

The loss of yesterday rests squarely on Emery. No buts, no ifs , let's we enter a slippery road again.

Infact, I'm getting pissed off by the fact that Emery is beginning to acquire wenger ego driven stubborness which lead him to stick to and continue repeating an already tried and failed formula, just to not accept the people criticism that he was wrong for picking the formula.

A similar line up to the one that lost to Palace yesterday was used by Emery against Everton. It backfired and Emery was rightly slated by the fans and media. Yet few days later, Emery was repeating the same starting line up, to what end? To prove that he is the boss, that everyone else is wrong but him? Was the ego trip worth our top 4 chances? This is so Wenger-esque from Emery, and if he continues this path, he might end up like Wenger pretty soon.
God bless you for this, you clearly hit the bull's eye
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ORIJIN201(m): 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2019
eph12:

Where's the physical strength FC grin grin
This one na prayer point FC o cheesy
ole lost the wheel FC cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:34pm On Apr 22, 2019
sod09:
you welcome bros, we hope you don't watch from sidelines again and contribute too wink
Wengay almost made us living dead let's hope Emery turns thing for us.

Cheers
Thank you bro
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:37pm On Apr 22, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.........Hello bro....nice meeting you too.
Same here
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 10:01pm On Apr 22, 2019
Chelsea draws Burnley.
Emery gets a chance to redeem his Sunday evening blunders.
The task is straight forward now. A draw against Wolves is the minimum requirement to return us back to fourth, with Chelsea entertaining United in their next fixture, while we play Leicester after wolves,both matches being away fixtures.

Let's hope he doesn't blow it again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by AAA593: 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2019
Imagine a defence of young, smalling, mustafi and Jones..... grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 10:04pm On Apr 22, 2019
Jodera:
Capable comrades of the house, spy360, kokaneprodigy (hope you win your money bro), blueraydick(hope say you go collect your won bet sha), sod09, mrdojo, Roland17, Fkhalifa pazienza, Solomonbrown orijin. It's all nice meeting you all.

Welcome, broda. cheesy grin

On this thread, your either for Guen or against him... cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 10:05pm On Apr 22, 2019
AAA593:

World Best cheesy grin

I can imagine most teams cumming from the thought alone...

cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2019
AAA593:
and the manager should be wengay grin grin . The man will have heart attack or stroke half way to first half grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 10:11pm On Apr 22, 2019
pazienza:

The loss of yesterday rests squarely on Emery. No buts, no ifs , lest we enter a slippery road again.

Infact, I'm getting pissed off by the fact that Emery is beginning to acquire wenger ego driven stubborness which led him to stick to and continue repeating an already tried and failed formula, just to not accept the people criticism that he was wrong for picking the formula.

10/10

After seeing the line y.day... I lost interest in the match. Especially when I saw the midfield pairing. At times I wonder if it's only the fans that see the uselessness of these players. Mehn, those guys have luck ooo... If I was the Coach, I would have banned so many players from the first team.

The part that killed me y.day was when Mustafi tried to blame Leno... I was hoping somebody would rush over and land one sweet slap on his face. cheesy cheesy

Mehn... That wolves game will be tough. I don't know if we'll win or not. But, I hope we do. In the couple of games we have blown 2 chances to enter 3rd, and we were supposed to have the easiest fixtures cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
Jodera:
welcome bro, but na beg I beg u, don’t be like Spy360. grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:23pm On Apr 22, 2019
Jodera:

You are welcome bro.

As for the bet, I know that guy is broke. I was just teasing him and just using it as an avenue to troll him. Once in a while I will always call him out to shame him ; even if it's just to annoy his fellow scummies. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:25pm On Apr 22, 2019
Fkhalifa:

I need clarity fa.

So we blame the front 3 right?

Cool story....you should tell it at parties wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... Who would you have started in midfield yesterday apart from those two? Mkhi? Who? There was absolutely nobody. The coach had no choice than to do what he did. The coach hoped that our attack could do something and the defense could hold out a win. Something similar to the Watford game. Unfortunately, Mustafi didn't come to the party and neither did two other defenders. He wasn't going for a spectacular win, he just wanted a slight victory and at worse a draw. We all know that could have happened seeing that we scored two and could have added more. The coach knew the midfield wouldn't even exist, he had seen the Everton game, hence starting the calibre of players he started in attack.

.....If Socratic was available, we would have won that match or drawn it even with that lifeless midfield. That was the plan of the coach, unfortunately he didn't plan for Mustafi.

U keep asking who we would've played in midfield, even when u saw Torreira came on and played.

It's only logical that Torreira should've started the game and subbed off later and not the other way round. Every other story u are talking is inconsequential. We've talked about poor defence and shiity midfield which Ur golden boy Monsieur Guen is one of the anchormen.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2019
BlueRayDick:

So we blame the front 3 right?

Cool story....you should tell it at parties wink
You sha like twisting

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:42pm On Apr 22, 2019
BlueRayDick:

U keep asking who we would've played in midfield, even when u saw Torreira came on and played.

It's only logical that Torreira should've started the game and subbed off later and not the other way round. Every other story u are talking is inconsequential. We've talked about poor defence and shiity midfield which Ur golden boy Monsieur Guen is one of the anchormen.

..... Obviously you don't get my point. Players pick up injuries at this time of the season and as a coach you have to protect your important Players. Look at Chelsea this evening, they lost Kante and another player to injury and that can happen to anyone especially players who are not 100% fit in the first place. Emery was protecting his own as there are obviously no capable replacement at this point.

... You are trying to say the he put those two in midfield because he could but I am saying he did that to rotate and to conserve players. He didn't deem Torreira fit enough to start, we can't fault him for that. Expecting a world class delivery from a 20yr old is laughable, honestly I don't know what you were expecting from the guy yesterday. I was the first to complain about the line-up on this thread yesterday, so I knew what would happen in midfield already. Besides, if Guendouzi was so horrible yesterday, why was Elneny pulled off in place of him? I wonder.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
MrDojo:

Welcome, broda. cheesy grin

On this thread, your either for Guen or against him... cheesy grin
grin grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
Mustafi grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... Obviously you don't get my point. Players pick up injuries at this time of the season and as a coach you have to protect your important Players. Look at Chelsea this evening, they lost Kante and another player to injury and that can happen to anyone especially players who are not 100% fit in the first place. Emery was protecting his own as there are obviously no capable replacement at this point.

... You are trying to say the he put those two in midfield because he could but I am saying he did that to rotate and to conserve players. He didn't deem Torreira fit enough to start, we can't fault him for that. Expecting a world class delivery from a 20yr old is laughable, honestly I don't know what you were expecting from the guy yesterday. I was the first to complain about the line-up on this thread yesterday, so I knew what would happen in midfield already. Besides, if Guendouzi was so horrible yesterday, why was Elneny pulled off in place of him? I wonder.

Guy, u asked me who I wouldve started instead and I've given you that information. All these stories about Emery protecting his own is not my concern again na.

We've been tru this line of 'expecting a 20 year old deliver world class football' talk before. You have enough 20 year Olds that are playing fantastically well. So cut that crap. I don't have time to start googling Ajax players within that age bracket. Make Una no dey use that argue at all. We know what age Mbappe did his thing. So talk no dey that side at all.

Elneny and Guendouzi were both horrible. Emery pulled Elneny because Elneny was the most useless of the two and he could only afford to take off one midfielder after already taken off mavro and Debuchy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
BlueRayDick:

You are welcome bro.

As for the bet, I know that guy is broke. I was just teasing him and just using it as an avenue to troll him. Once in a while I will always call him out to shame him ; even if it's just to annoy his fellow scummies. grin
lmao, they were blaming the guy already cos it's a slap in their face.
Their ego has been stain
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:00pm On Apr 22, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Guy, u asked me who I wouldve started instead and I've given you that information. All these stories about Emery protecting his own is not my concern again na.

We've been tru this line of 'expecting a 20 year old deliver world class football' talk before. You have enough 20 year Olds that are playing fantastically well. So cut that crap. I don't have time to start googling Ajax players within that age bracket. Make Una no dey use that argue at all. We know what age Mbappe did his thing. So talk no dey that side at all.

Elneny and Guendouzi were both horrible. Emery pulled Elneny because Elneny was the most useless of the two and he could only afford to take off one midfielder after already taken off mavro and Debuchy.
why are you calling Jenkinson debuchy grin.
We can sue you for unlawful change of name by proxy tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 11:09pm On Apr 22, 2019
BlueRayDick:

..... For me, Emery had good reasons to start those two. It came back to bite him this time, not my cup of tea as he is paid to make such decisions. I wasn't surprised about what those two would bring to the table perhaps you were hence why you are mad. Anything could have happened if he started Torreira, no one can be certain. Guendouzi didn't have his best game in the first half but his partner did him no favours and he played better with Torreira in the second half, that's why I don't really want to fault him.
.... Burnley has done us a lot of good, let's hope that Xhaka is fit for Wednesday's game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pazienza(m): 11:15pm On Apr 22, 2019
What are the chances we get trashed by Wolves on Wednesday? cry
I would say, pretty high.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
Just see the way 3 clubs are rejecting the chance to enter 4th position
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
sod09:
why are you calling Jenkinson debuchy grin.
We can sue you for unlawful change of name by proxy tongue

Those two can't play shiiit...Na two people wey no reach one. No vex for me. I dey Para ni jàre. Imagine I no even know Jenkinson name again sef grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:24pm On Apr 22, 2019
sod09:
lmao, they were blaming the guy already cos it's a slap in their face.
Their ego has been stain

That has been the goal.

Watch me creep in on them.once they lose against city and use Dozie issue even freak them.out cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:28pm On Apr 22, 2019
Fkhalifa:

You sha like twisting

Bros u said u think Emery trusted the front 3 to deliver na and it didn't ended well. So I only help u to analyze Ur thought process na.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 23, 2019
If Guendouzi doesn't buff up before 23...

He will flop big time... angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (1433) (1434) (1435) (1436) (1437) (1438) (1439) ... (3478) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.