Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,883 members, 7,862,994 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:21 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1522) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2361986 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2019
sod09:
unless the opposing team get that, even papa was gentle on Sunday very unusual.
Hmmm If it gets tough, Papa will switch to wrestling, Luiz and Xhaka are my fear
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 8:12pm On Aug 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

I think VAR will be a boon to us, we'll benefit than suffer this year.

cheesy cheesy Honestly, it's hard to predict something like that. You football is an unpredictable game. But I understand what you're saying.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Maybe they want him to be a /Fab/Modric/pirlo over night...They talk of Mbappe and de light, how many of them teens do you see around, the top players in football world now are in their mid 20s or early 30s..
Shearer is one of the biggest football personnel in England, when he talks, you listen and learn and not a doughnut seller from Ghana on Instagram.
what did this even mean this guy hold the ball damn too long he ain't driving or making any split defence passes. Willock connected more to the team than he did yet because almighty shearer put him in his own team of the week not even EPL official site.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
MrDojo:

No one can blame anybody for criticising Auba. Just imagine, baba misses a lot of sitters, yet he still has such a frightening stat. Imagine if he buries most of his chances. Mehn, I don't see any striker in the EPL that will come close, unless someone has a monster season like Salah two years ago.

....Only Sallah has scored more than him in English football for the last two seasons. The guy na beast. He misses a lot of Chances and so does Sallah but he is able to miss in the first place because of how he positions himself and the opportunities he creates by his own runs. He is world-class in doing that. Naturally, it's impossible for anyone to bury every chance he gets but nevertheless 33 goals in 50 games is insane but I think Sallah has more in 38 goals.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
sod09:
what did this even mean this guy hold the ball damn too long he ain't driving or making any split defence passes. Willock connected more to the team than he did yet because almighty shearer put him in his own team of the week not even EPL official site.
The formation has Willock much in advance role than Guen, so one is expected to connect more with forwards than orthers.. Some one has to hold the ball in the middle, aren't you frustrated with Xhaka releasing the ball so fast to the nearest man in fear of getting dispossessed?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:22pm On Aug 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

The formation has Willock much in advance role than Guen, so one is expected to connect more with forwards than orthers.. Some one has to hold the ball in the middle, aren't you frustrated with Xhaka releasing the ball so fast to the nearest man in fear of getting dispossessed?
my point is he did his job that's it just because slab head shearer put him in his imaginary team doesn't mean he's the next best thing.
Even chambers we were all scared of did excellent after we played Newcastle
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Maybe they want him to be a /Fab/Modric/pirlo over night...They talk of Mbappe and de light, how many of them teens do you see around, the top players in football world now are in their mid 20s or early 30s..
Shearer is one of the biggest football personnel in England, when he talks, you listen and learn and not a doughnut seller from Ghana on Instagram.

..... You don mind them.... Only De jong is superior at similar age currently as well as Van DeeVeek but they don't play the same position. His defensive awareness last season was poor but since going for youth Euros and returning, anyone can see that he is getting better at it. He recycled the ball well and if there was no connect, that was on Willock. He was the #10 yesterday and not Guen. Which was why I was not happy that Willock was used there, that isn't his position. If Ozil was there yesterday, it would have been a different game, I can't believe I am mentioning Ozil but it's true.

.... He did his job well .... look at that sweet ball over the top he gave Auba yesterday, just that the keeper got to it before he did. I want more of that for players like Auba and Pepe. But alas, some people are more knowledgeable on football matters than Shearer na. Na so we see am oh.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 8:27pm On Aug 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

....Only Sallah has scored more than him in English football for the last two seasons. The guy na beast. He misses a lot of Chances and so does Sallah but he is able to miss in the first place because of how he positions himself and the opportunities he creates by his own runs. He is world-class in doing that. Naturally, it's impossible for anyone to bury every chance he gets but nevertheless 33 goals in 50 games is insane but I think Sallah has more in 38 goals.

cheesy grin Even Messi and Ronaldo can't do that. I understand what you're saying, but I wish he was more clinical. If he can, score 30 EPL goals is not beyond him. I think he ranked 1st or 2nd on players who missed more chances last season. And he still scored 22. The guy is really good. If he was younger, he could have challenged Henry's record.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:
....... Most goals for Arsenal after 50 League games: Wright - 35, Aubameyang - 33, Henry 30 ...... Here was I calling Auba out for not being clinical, Baba I am sorry. You are a legend already, all you need is trophies.
I like you.

On that Guendouzi matter, leave them haters. Na dem go tire.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:35pm On Aug 12, 2019
MrDojo:

cheesy grin Even Messi and Ronaldo can't do that. I understand what you're saying, but I wish he was more clinical. If he can, score 30 EPL goals is not beyond him. I think he ranked 1st or 2nd on players who missed more chances last season. And he still scored 22. The guy is really good. If he was younger, he could have challenged Henry's record.

....He was first for missed chances last season and even in our final match last season, he missed an open net, that goal would have seen his tally move to 23, and he would have been the clear winner. Mane sharing that golden boot with him was insulting. But yes, if he was as clinical as Vardy, damnit....One can dream..

.. How Wenger didn't see him tearing it at St.Etinne all those years ago before he moved to Dortmund is a bit weird. He is getting old so we must use him in the champions League next season. We have a chance with him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
Spy360:
I like you.
On that Guendouzi matter, leave them haters. Na dem go tire.
.... grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Someone even asked why he isn't as good as Kroos and I was like...

shocked whoa!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... grin, them wan kill am with pressure yesterday and Chambers didn't really help with his style of play that allows the ball to move forward before he does something with it. It's completely annoying and he ends up rushing his decisions. Luiz will keep the ball at his feet and launch defense splitting balls straight from his end.
I think Chambers did a decent job, not spectacular but decent.

And such a decent performance, it would take someone really special to displace him from the eleven.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2019
Spy360:

shocked whoa!
why you suprise I thought the way you lots hype him he's the best midfielder we ever had
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:52pm On Aug 12, 2019
Spy360:

I think Chambers did a decent job, not spectacular but decent.

And such a decent performance, it would take someone really special to displace him from the eleven.

....... Emery was asked why Luiz didn't play and he said that Luiz had pre-season with another team so, sooner than later Chambers might be the one to leave for him. He is decent but can he hold his own against elite forwards? I doubt it. I will be surprised if he starts against Liverpool and Tottenham. Passing from the back is crucial to Emery's play but it didn't really work yesterday because of the centre backs, against a decent attacking team, we for hear am. If there's a solution to the problem, I see no reason why Emery won't use that solution.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:
..... Matteo Guendouzi vs Newcastle 69 passes 86% pass accuracy 1 key pass 1 dribble won 1 tackle won 2 interceptions 3 clearances 3 aerials

.... And some haters said he did nothing special. For Shearer to pick an arsenal player in his team then he did something special. Of all the midfielders in England, Shearer picked him, an arsenal player. Some people can hate sha.
I’m not on Guen’s case cos I’m honestly not in the mood to argue. I just want you to know that when stats hyped Mustaffi the other day y’all said stats don’t tell the whole story but u keep bringing ridiculous stats to hype Guen and this time it tells the whole story. If that ain’t hypocrisy I wonder what is.

A DM that played 90mins had 1 key pass and won 1 tackle. Meanwhile had 86% pass accuracy most of which were back and side passes from what I watched. There was a time Guen kept returning a pass to the initiator repeatedly, 3 times to be precise( yeah i counted) all these will still pass as completed passes, passes that were of no benefit to build up to an attack.

In case y’all haven’t noticed his pass stats are always good cos of his game play, he likes to be with the ball in midfield and display those safe passes to pad stats.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
To be fair to Guen there was this up-through-pass he sprayed towards the right flank in the second half and I loved it. I want to believe that was the 1-key pass the stat talked about.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
I’m not on Guen’s case cos I’m honestly not in the mood to argue. I just want you to know that when stats hyped Mustaffi the other day y’all said stats don’t tell the whole story but u keep bringing ridiculous stats to hype Guen and this time it tells the whole story. If that ain’t hypocrisy I wonder what is.

A DM that played 90mins had 1 key pass and won 1 tackle. Meanwhile had 86% pass accuracy most of which were back and side passes from what I watched. There was a time Guen kept returning a pass to the initiator repeatedly, 3 times to be precise( yeah i counted) all these will still pass as completed passes, passes that were of no benefit to build up to an attack.

In case y’all haven’t noticed his pass stats are always good cos of his game play, he likes to be with the ball in midfield and display those safe passes to pad stats.

.... So where is he supposed to be Oga, in defense or in Leno's position? He is not a box to box, he is a cm and he did his job well. His job is to complete passes and recycle possession, he contributed his quarter in terms of defensive work with aerial balls and interceptions. I don't know what else you want from the nigga.

.... That stats doesn't mean much as regards Mustafi doesn't mean we shouldn't use it to buttress arguments. How about Auba's stats, they don't mean much or what? Nobody said he is De Jong but did he have a good game on Sunday, yes. Was he the best midfielder yesterday? A big yes.

... He recycles Possession whether to the same person or not, it's the same thing, that's the job of a deep playing midfielder. He is not on Fabregas level yet more like Arteta in that regard currently. It's a long season, we dey here.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
To be fair to Guen there was this up-through-pass he sprayed towards the right flank in the second half and I loved it. I want to believe that was the 1-key pass the stat talked about.

....Yes, that's the pass to Auba.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... So where is he supposed to be Oga, in defense or in Leno's position? He is not a box to box, he is a cm and he did his job well. His job is to complete passes and recycle possession, he contributed his quarter in terms of defensive work with aerial balls and interceptions. I don't know what else you want from the nigga.

.... That stats doesn't mean much as regards Mustafi doesn't mean we shouldn't use it to buttress arguments. How about Auba's stats, they don't mean much or what? Nobody said he is De Jong but did he have a good game on Sunday, yes. Was he the best midfielder yesterday? A big yes.

... He recycles Possession whether to the same person or not, it's the same thing, that's the job of a deep playing midfielder. He is not on Fabregas level yet more like Arteta in that regard currently. It's a long season, we dey here.
My point is, what’s spectacular about the stats up there for a DM? 1 key pass, 1 tackle, 2 interceptions. In a game where Newcastle didn’t sit back and he played for 90mins

Secondly attackwise Guen likes to hold the ball before passing, you need 1-2 pass to orchestrate a fast attack most times he takes 1 touch or two before releasing a pass and it slows us down.
I don’t hate him I just don’t rate him the way you do. We stated clearly that there’s no room for mediocrity post Wenger.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:29pm On Aug 12, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

My point is, what’s spectacular about the stats up there for a DM? 1 key pass, 1 tackle, 2 interceptions. In a game where Newcastle didn’t sit back and he played for 90mins

Secondly attackwise Guen likes to hold the ball before passing, you need 1-2 pass to orchestrate a fast attack most times he takes 1 touch or two before releasing a pass and it slows us down.
I don’t hate him I just don’t rate him the way you do. We stated clearly that there’s no room for mediocrity post Wenger.

..... Holding on to the ball a bit too much is his game style. Someone in the midfield has to hold the ball na....lol. He will learn anyway, by the time Ceballos shows him how it's done after he is being integrated properly, he will surely improve on that. He is shown enough improvements already this season.

.... I rate him because he and Willock are the future of our midfield and not Xhaka. Xhaka will be phased out but presently he is the better player between the two youngsters. Like I said hopefully he will win you over. Na here we dey.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
...... The way the pages here flew from 1507 to 1522..... Nice one folks. The thread is coming alive.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... Holding on to the ball a bit too much is his game style. Someone in the midfield has to hold the ball na....lol. He will learn anyway, by the time Ceballos shows him how it's done after he is being integrated properly, he will surely improve on that. He is shown enough improvements already this season.

.... I rate him because he and Willock are the future of our midfield and not Xhaka. Xhaka will be phased out but presently he is the better player between the two youngsters. Like I said hopefully he will win you over. Na here we dey.
I want to ask you something cos it’s ur usual line on this thread.

Why do u place responsibility of a player’s improvement on another player? Is this not the responsibility of the manager and his coaching staff? Is Emery not spotting this?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2019
Spy360:

shocked whoa!
grin grin
Our youngsters don suffer, Well it's good for them Bellerin,Iwobi and Niles grew with thick skin..

This is a player who doesn't cost us much in market and wages, can be easily sold and pass as squad player at worst..
Not even when some teams are still crying over £50 Fred, Mac tominay, Jorginho, Bakayoko and many more.

Those young lads just need quality senior men around them, see how city use zichenko and Foden.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:48pm On Aug 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... You don mind them.... Only De jong is superior at similar age currently as well as Van DeeVeek but they don't play the same position. His defensive awareness last season was poor but since going for youth Euros and returning, anyone can see that he is getting better at it. He recycled the ball well and if there was no connect, that was on Willock. He was the #10 yesterday and not Guen. Which was why I was not happy that Willock was used there, that isn't his position. If Ozil was there yesterday, it would have been a different game, I can't believe I am mentioning Ozil but it's true.

.... He did his job well .... look at that sweet ball over the top he gave Auba yesterday, just that the keeper got to it before he did. I want more of that for players like Auba and Pepe. But alas, some people are more knowledgeable on football matters than Shearer na. Na so we see am oh.
Even the De jong and beek, maybe they have to come do it in England, Spurs without Harry Kane, Son and orther top players showed them the English madness..
Maybe our youngsters could have got more attention and hype outside England, see Gnabry,Carlos vela,Benarcer et al
I'm not underrating them o, but Football in England ATM, is another thing..
Guen and Torreria were fire in the beginning, but saw hell from that December schedule to may.
I also love that pass he gave Auba..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:51pm On Aug 12, 2019
kokaneprodigy:

I want to ask you something cos it’s ur usual line on this thread.

Why do u place responsibility of a player’s improvement on another player? Is this not the responsibility of the manager and his coaching staff? Is Emery not spotting this?

.... The coach has his job which is true but players learn too from their fellow players especially as regards certain parts of their game. Walcott once said that he became a better shooter because he learnt it from Henry. Younger players tend to learn a lot from older players and superior players in their positions. It's the basic law of leadership.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

grin grin
Our youngsters don suffer, Well it's good for them Bellerin,Iwobi and Niles grew with thick skin..

This is a player who doesn't cost us much in market and wages, can be easily sold and pass as squad player at worst..
Not even when some teams are still crying over £50 Fred, Mac tominay, Jorginho, Bakayoko and many more.

Those young lads just need quality senior men around them, see how city use zichenko and Foden.
do guys know the genesis of this Guen ish at all? Why not ask why he’s the one being picked on. You hardly see anyone pick on AMN or .

You can’t claim on one hand that he still got a lot to improve on and another hand play him as a regular starter. Some even went ahead to rate him above senior players. Can Xhaka post that 1 tackle stat and we’ll applaud?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... The coach has his job which is true but players learn too from their fellow players especially as regards certain parts of their game. Walcott once said that he became a better shooter because he learnt it from Henry. Younger players tend to learn a lot from other players and superior players in their positions. It's the basic law of leadership.
my gross with Guen is more on his unnecessary holding on to the ball though.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:59pm On Aug 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Even the De jong and beek, maybe they have to come do it in England, Spurs without Harry Kane, Son and orther top players showed them the English madness..
Maybe our youngsters could have got more attention and hype outside England, see Gnabry,Carlos vela,Benarcer et al
I'm not underrating them o, but Football in England ATM, is another thing..
Guen and Torreria were fire in the beginning, but saw hell from that December schedule to may.
I also love that pass he gave Auba..

.... Exactly bro, the league is something else. Bennacer now play for Milan and Adelaide is being courted by Monaco. These are players that didn't cut it here. Torreira and Guen faded out because of the busy nature of the league but they started brightly. Last season was adaption because no one will give you time and space on the ball in England. It's something Xhaha is still finding difficult to learn but currently Guen has learnt that. They are asking why he is starting and yet he is one of the best midfielders we have got. How does one iron out his mistakes and become better which he is already doing if he doesn't play? Emery sees something in the kid else he won't be starting him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:01pm On Aug 12, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
my gross with Guen is more on his unnecessary holding on to the ball though.

.... I know you hate that but improvements na small small...This is his second season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:03pm On Aug 12, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
do guys know the genesis of this Guen ish at all? Why not ask why he’s the one being picked on. You hardly see anyone pick on AMN or .

You can’t claim on one hand that he still got a lot to improve on and another hand play him as a regular starter. Some even went ahead to rate him above senior players. Can Xhaka post that 1 tackle stat and we’ll applaud?
Tbh, its only on this thread I see Guen ish, I believe even his biggest fan will tell you, he isn't a Modric/pirlo, there are still some side he has to work on, age's on his side, but his ability to be on the same plane and/or look more matured, look confident even against the big teams on big grounds than even some Senior member is why we feel he doesn't need to be condemned and crucified like some do here..most especially when you see them ignore senior men who cost/earn and are supposed to be covering inequities of our youngsters failing at their jobs.
I read comments on YouTube, AFTV, Instagram even Nairaland front page, and you don't see that much negative energy on him there like here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Silentgroper(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.