Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,658 members, 7,840,606 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1521) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2343878 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) ... (3540) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2019
Dreamswayne:

Don't be decieved...

Man United were not tested enough...

of course but I'm talking about the individuals here
Those 2 big signing were superb
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:31pm On Aug 11, 2019
Good 3 points today, clean sheet,away win.. cool
Even better our bench/Youngsters with few first 11 players did it..

Our new signings will take upto sept/Oct before they hit top gear, ATM, they look disjointed, no much chemistry and cohesion...

Hopefully we start to see our original starting line up, the teenagers and squad players will do group stage of europa and cup games..

Lastly, Auba on the CF position is a bomb, he'll score 100 when pepe,ceballos and soarez/Zaha around him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Our new signings will take upto sept/Oct before they hit top gear, ATM, they look disjointed, no much chemistry and cohesion...

Hopefully we start to see our original starting line up, the teenagers and squad players will do group stage of europa and cup games..

Lastly, Auba on the CF position is a bomb, he'll score 100 when pepe,ceballos and soarez/Zaha around him

i just hope Emery knows how to train cohesion. Cos what I’m seeing ain’t different from last season. Though Chelsea lost u’ll drool at the way they moved the ball during the first half against United, the speed, interchanging moves and intent you’ll hardly see that with our team.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2019
Fkhalifa:

..... That clean sheet alone dey burst my brain because whether we like it or not, with the disjointed way we played today, we go hear am when we play them Liverpool and co.

..... Also, whether it's due to the rain or the field I don't know or the fact that most of our players are not fully match fit yet or something but we were quite slow and the intensity of last season wasn't there. The play was so slow most times, we really need to up the tempo jare, other teams no dey wait for us oh.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... That clean sheet alone dey burst my brain because whether we like it or not, with the disjointed way we played today, we go hear am when we play them Liverpool and co.

..... Also, whether it's due to the rain or the field I don't know or the fact that most of our players are not fully match fit yet or something but we were quite slow and the intensity of last season wasn't there. The play was so slow most times, we really need to up the tempo jare, other teams no dey wait for us oh.
Leno and his defenders needed that clean sheet, conceding could have dent thier confidence and sure fans would pounce on them and Emery...
I think the disjointed play was as a result of different players playing together at a tough stage for the first time..
Chambers is new to sokratis and Niles,
Nelson and Willock are also new comers, pepe,ceba,martinelli aren't settled nor understand the culture yet..
That's why I feel by October/Nov, we'll hit the top gear.
Most important is we get 3 points here, don't forget city lost there, l.pool struggled there and our away form hasn't been good, so its a confidence booster.

Next is Burnley, another must win game, we can then try and get draw against l.pool and spurs.
No dropping of unnecessary points again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:17pm On Aug 11, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
i just hope Emery knows how to train cohesion. Cos what I’m seeing ain’t different from last season. Though Chelsea lost u’ll drool at the way they moved the ball during the first half against United, the speed, interchanging moves and intent you’ll hardly see that with our team.
Slow pass me I pass you football can frustrate local men..
Maybe Ljumberg will help us address that,maybe Luiz will bring high energy to them...
Hopefully it gets better as we progress game by game.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:56am On Aug 12, 2019
Finally the kit is out, adidas Sabi better thing

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:03pm On Aug 12, 2019
We hope to see Pepe,luiz,ceballos, Tierney and other hardworking members of the team appear on this sheet till next May.
Congrats Guen and Good luck to the lads cheesy cheesy cool

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:51pm On Aug 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:
We hope to see Pepe,luiz,ceballos, Tierney and other hardworking members of the team appear on this sheet till next May.
I would pick willock ahead of guen
You intentionally brought this here and you happy cos he included him in the team of week fvcking shearer aka anti arsenal.
Nawa oo

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2019
sod09:
I would pick willock ahead of guen
You intentionally brought this here and you happy cos he included him in the team of week fvcking shearer aka anti arsenal.
Nawa oo
But you didn't react like this when somebody brought a negative comment from a nobody on Instagram about him na?
Ofcus, I'll be happy if our players especially Youngsters gets recognition, praise and mentions for their hard work.
No problem with Willock, he's been good, I like how he won the ball back from shevley after he had been shrugged away to the touchline, that's passion, I like that, some of our oldies will just stroll or walk back.
Willock's future looks bright, with little more hard work, he will begin to get the ratings and attention in the league.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2019
Mike Dean has been appointed as the referee for Saturdays first Home game of the season against Burnley. cry

Luiz and Xhaka straight Red..
He'll be the first to mistake Guen for Luiz, Thank God for VAR. embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

..... That's good jare ..... Congrats to Guendouzi....Baba did very well and held our midfield. He was outstanding in that match. Even Baba Ray, his number one critic here said he played well on Sunday. Anybody wey say otherwise no get eyes. Good start to the season and I hope he continues to develop.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

But you didn't react like this when somebody brought a negative comment from a nobody on Instagram about him na?
Ofcus, I'll be happy if our players especially Youngsters gets recognition, praise and mentions for their hard work.
No problem with Willock, he's been good, I like how he won the ball back from shevley after he had been shrugged away to the touchline, that's passion, I like that, some of our oldies will just stroll or walk back.
Willock's future looks bright, with little more hard work, he will begin to get the ratings and attention in the league.
he tried nothing spectacular, he was one of the reasons our attack was not connecting with midfield atleast he stayed on his feet but I know 200% he won't go back to win the ball back like willock if he was the one
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:
Mike Dean has been appointed as the referee for Saturdays first Home game of the season against Burnley. cry

penalty don sure for that game
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:18pm On Aug 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

....Lol....You guys are just scared of nothing. Dean hasn't really been trouble for a while now, the guy get wahala, yes but if we play our game, we go win. Na home we dey.

.... I hope Luis starts on Saturday even though Chambers was alright because we really need someone to orchestrate that passing at the back and Luiz is head and shoulders better than every defender at doing that here. Our defenders struggled very hard in doing that yesterday, it affected our way, infact it was so bad that Xhaka waved to Leno to skip the pass from the back and just boody the ball. Luiz is crucial than we realize. He must start on Saturday.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
..... Matteo Guendouzi vs Newcastle 69 passes 86% pass accuracy 1 key pass 1 dribble won 1 tackle won 2 interceptions 3 clearances 3 aerials

.... And some haters said he did nothing special. For Shearer to pick an arsenal player in his team then he did something special. Of all the midfielders in England, Shearer picked him, an arsenal player. Some people can hate sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:36pm On Aug 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:
..... Matteo Guendouzi vs Newcastle 69 passes 86% pass accuracy 1 key pass 1 dribble won 1 tackle won 2 interceptions 3 clearances 3 aerials

.... And some haters said he did nothing special. For Shearer to pick an arsenal player in his team then he did something special. Of all the midfielders in England, Shearer picked him, an arsenal player. Some people can hate sha.
I hope you have this same energy till may we they here and be a man to quote me, was it not you crying around when kokane started with you just continue please.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:39pm On Aug 12, 2019
sod09:
I hope you have this same energy till may we they here

.... Wetin be my own, you think say na you I wan convert. Even if that guy kill himself for pitch, you go still talk say he no die as you like. Na people like Baba Ray and Oga Kokane I wan convert. As e dey now, one don dey feel the nigga. Honestly, I no send you brother on top this matter.

.... Na by force to quote you, who you think say you be sef. I don talk the people wey matter as regards this discussion for this thread. On top Guendouzi matter, you don't matter abi you Sabi Football pass Shearer, nonsense...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:41pm On Aug 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... Wetin be my own, you think say na you I wan convert. Even if that guy kill himself for pitch, you go still talk say he no die as you like. Na people like Baba Ray and Oga Kokane I wan convert. As e dey now, one don dey feel the nigga. Honestly, I no send you brother on top this matter.
good then they your lane
Peace
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 7:54pm On Aug 12, 2019
....... Most goals for Arsenal after 50 League games: Wright - 35, Aubameyang - 33, Henry 30 ...... Here was I calling Auba out for not being clinical, Baba I am sorry. You are a legend already, all you need is trophies.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

..... That's good jare ..... Congrats to Guendouzi....Baba did very well and held our midfield. He was outstanding in that match. Even Baba Ray, his number one critic here said he played well on Sunday. Anybody wey say otherwise no get eyes. Good start to the season and I hope he continues to develop.
Lol cheesy
I was even suprised to fans drag Guen and pogba on who to make TOTW..even some utd fans on that premierleague official page rated his perfomance above pogba on sunday..
Hopefully, Guen continues to impress so he can win Baba Ray's heart completely cheesy
personally, I feel good whenever our youngsters are doing well at the top level, mostly because they don't cost us from market and wages.
Fans support on Niles,Iwobi,Bellerin,Holding, Guen,Willock, Nelson and the rest aids their progression.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2019
sod09:
he tried nothing spectacular, he was one of the reasons our attack was not connecting with midfield atleast he stayed on his feet but I know 200% he won't go back to win the ball back like willock if he was the one
Yes he and no one wasn't 100%, he's still learning and will improve on that..Xhaka is a bigger headache.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 7:57pm On Aug 12, 2019
I hope everyone will be available for the match on sat. I wish we can transition from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3. That's the formation most top clubs use now, and we have the players to play it. However, if Unai can keeping with 4-2-3-1, then who am I to complain.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2019
sod09:
penalty don sure for that game
Na Red I dey fear sef
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:
....... Most goals for Arsenal after 50 League games: Wright - 35, Aubameyang - 33, Henry 30 ...... Here was I calling Auba out for not being clinical, Baba I am sorry. You are a legend already, all you need is trophies.

No one can blame anybody for criticising Auba. Just imagine, baba misses a lot of sitters, yet he still has such a frightening stat. Imagine if he buries most of his chances. Mehn, I don't see any striker in the EPL that will come close, unless someone has a monster season like Salah two years ago.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

....Lol....You guys are just scared of nothing. Dean hasn't really been trouble for a while now, the guy get wahala, yes but if we play our game, we go win. Na home we dey.

.... I hope Luis starts on Saturday even though Chambers was alright because we really need someone to orchestrate that passing at the back and Luiz is head and shoulders better than every defender at doing that here. Our defenders struggled very hard in doing that yesterday, it affected our way, infact it was so bad that Xhaka waved to Leno to skip the pass from the back and just boody the ball. Luiz is crucial than we realize. He must start on Saturday.
cheesy grin Baba don tire to dey lose ball anyhow
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Na Red I dey fear sef

With VAR, Dean can't channel is attention seeking white mode. The only way the guy can fvvck us up is him he doesn't want to ref in the EPL again. Apart from that, VAR will handle him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Lol cheesy
I was even suprised to fans drag Guen and pogba on who to make TOTW..even some utd fans on that premierleague official page rated his perfomance above pogba on sunday..
Hopefully, Guen continues to impress so he can win Baba Ray's heart completely cheesy
personally, I feel good whenever our youngsters are doing well at the top level, mostly because they don't cost us from market and wages.
Fans support on Niles,Iwobi,Bellerin,Holding, Guen,Willock, Nelson and the rest aids their progression.

....Pogba was insane on Sunday, he was splitting Chelsea's horrible defense with sweet passes Guen was better in other stats. I wish we still had someone like Cazorla around for him to learn from but he is doing well at his own pace.

.... Willock game didn't really show as a ten yesterday, I didn't like it that Emery kept him but it just shows that if Everyone one is ready, he won't see enough minutes. He is a 8, but yet he did okay but the connect wasn't there at yesterday and Mkhi had to do everything attacking wise. Saturday's game will tell what Emery has in plan for us this season.

.... Torreira is still a youngster, he is just 22, most people forget this...lol.... maybe it's because of how matured his game is already.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 8:07pm On Aug 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Na Red I dey fear sef
unless the opposing team get that, even papa was gentle on Sunday very unusual.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
solomonbrown64:

Maybe they want him to be a /Fab/Modric/pirlo over night...They talk of Mbappe and de light, how many of them teens do you see around, the top players in football world now are in their mid 20s or early 30s..
Shearer is one of the biggest football personnel in England, when he talks, you listen and learn and not a doughnut seller from Ghana on Instagram.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 8:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
MrDojo:

With VAR, Dean can't channel is attention seeking white mode. The only way the guy can fvvck us up is him he doesn't want to ref in the EPL again. Apart from that, VAR will handle him.
I think VAR will be a boon to us, we'll benefit than suffer this year.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 8:10pm On Aug 12, 2019
Fkhalifa:

cheesy grin Baba don tire to dey lose ball anyhow

.... grin, them wan kill am with pressure yesterday and Chambers didn't really help with his style of play that allows the ball to move forward before he does something with it. It's completely annoying and he ends up rushing his decisions. Luiz will keep the ball at his feet and launch defense splitting balls straight from his end.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1518) (1519) (1520) (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) ... (3540) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.