Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,868 members, 7,862,904 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:46 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1524) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2361925 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:49am On Aug 13, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
now u are believing Spy369 that thinks I like to troll my own.

.... I meant no disrespect, I just don't know what to call it anymore. Let's move on sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 9:52am On Aug 13, 2019
Dreamswayne:
I really want to see us at Anfield...

I have a sneaky feeling it would be a high scoring game and we come off with a point.. tongue

Who else loves those Anfield noise? wink

.... Ain't you scared with Sallah and Mane facing Niles and Monreal and Firmino facing Luiz and Papa? I am still trying to forget how Sallah and Firmino especially the latter finished our defense last season. Even with new signings I am still deliberating on watching the match.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:54am On Aug 13, 2019
Dreamswayne:

I have a sneaky feeling it would be a high scoring game and we come off with a point.. tongue

LFC defence is shaky too especially now that Allison is out for some weeks.
Honestly if only bellerin and Tierney can miraculously recover I don't see them beating us, I'm still suprise klopp didn't invest in his midfield they are so fvcking average
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 13, 2019
solomonbrown64:

.... Ain't you scared with Sallah and Mane facing Niles and Monreal and Firmino facing Luiz and Papa? I am still trying to forget how Sallah and Firmino especially the latter finished our defense last season. Even with new signings I am still deliberating on watching the match.
It would be a different story this season...

You read it here first...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 13, 2019
sod09:
LFC defence is shaky too especially now that Allison is out for some weeks.
Honestly if only bellerin and Tierney can miraculously recover I don't see them beating us, I'm still suprise klopp didn't invest in his midfield they are so fvcking average
Their playing out of the back is hampered by Allison's absence...

Last season, Just one of Allison's long balls was enough to open our defense angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 10:14am On Aug 13, 2019
Dreamswayne:

Their playing out of the back is hampered by Allison's absence...

Last season of Allison's long balls was enough to open our defense angry
our olosho defence grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 10:15am On Aug 13, 2019
Dreamswayne:

.... We dey here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ndidibabe(f): 11:58am On Aug 13, 2019
Dreamswayne:

What's going to make it different?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
now u are believing Spy369 that thinks I like to troll my own.
undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2019
solomonbrown64:

cheesy
No be only you o, I'll join them in 2nd half and that's if we don't have a cricket score already..
We've been getting raped over the past years there, 5-1, 4-0, 3-1, 5-1 isn't child's play.

The way Liverpool run things at Anfield no be am

Torrera and xhaka suffered a great deal that day, I'm still recovering, it was like the deliberately stopped attacking us after 5th goal, Only Iwobi and Niles had matched their Intensity

we need to slow the game down in the middle, maybe Ozil,Guen and cebalos, we can't contest pace with them, let's just slow the ball to frustrate them in the midfield, and use the wings for speed and counter..

Not even barca can survive their high energy and pace on that ground.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by wman(m): 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2019
Lol. These ones are dreaming of beating Liverpool because they had one spectacular transfer window for the first time in a long while.

One of their fans Swiss abi Baba Suwe even called them title contenders.

Next week Saturday is not far. We go dey here to troll una.

Just that, trolling Arsenal is like trolling a poor wounded dog. You pity it. You don't troll it.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2019
Fkhalifa:
cheesy
No be only you o, I'll join them in 2nd half and that's if we don't have a cricket score already..
We've been getting raped over the past years there, 5-1, 4-0, 3-1, 5-1 isn't child's play.

The way Liverpool run things at Anfield no be am

Torrera and xhaka suffered a great deal that day, I'm still recovering, it was like the deliberately stopped attacking us after 5th goal, Only Iwobi and Niles had matched their Intensity

we need to slow the game down in the middle, maybe Ozil,Guen and cebalos, we can't contest pace with them, let's just slow the ball to frustrate them in the midfield, and use the wings for speed and counter..

Not even barca can survive their high energy and pace on that ground.

..... Exactly bro, we couldn't beat their press and pace that day. Sallah and Firmino show Papa shege that day and not even Luis will be any help. Pepe and Ceballos haven't really integrated yet and Ozil is still a doubt because of security issues. Fans are forgetting that we don't really have a play pattern yet and we don't use the midfield as we used to. So I don't know how we are going to slow the game down and use passes to kill them while at the same time keeping intensity with them by pressing when without the ball.

... The intensity we had last season has gone but I hear Emery is planning high intensive training this week and he had better do something fast because if we play like we did on Sunday, na serious raping we go collect. If our new players had settle down, I for no get problem but it's too early to play them, too damn early. Burnley's game will tell if we have come up on speed.

.... Those passes wey Mkhi and Ceballos and Xhaka were losing in midfield anyhow did not give me confidence. Make we survive first half and I will fit watch second half.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2019
wman:
Lol. These ones are dreaming of beating Liverpool because they had one spectacular transfer window for the first time in a long while.

One of their fans Swiss abi Baba Suwe even called them title contenders.

Next week Saturday is not far. We go dey here to troll una.

Just that, trolling Arsenal is like trolling a poor wounded dog. You pity it. You don't troll it.
GTFOH

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 7:14pm On Aug 13, 2019
Dreamswayne:

Broda, that place is a slaughter house. If we can get a point, Omo we try. Our record there in recent years is very miserable. If monreal and AMN play, forget it, the game will be hard. Don't forget Xhaka will turn to daddy showkey once someone presses him, and Liverpool are the kings of pressing in EPL.

Instead of going toe to toe with them, let's play on the counter. However, knowing our defense, I doubt they would be able to survive the continuous onslaught.

I'm not expecting much from the match. A draw would be a very, very good result.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2019
MrDojo:

Broda, that place is a slaughter house. If we can get a point, Omo we try. Our record there in recent years is very miserable. If monreal and AMN play, forget it, the game will be hard. Don't forget Xhaka will turn to daddy showkey once someone presses him, and Liverpool are the kings of pressing in EPL.

Instead of going toe to toe with them, let's play on the counter. However, knowing our defense, I doubt they would be able to survive the continuous onslaught.

I'm not expecting much from the match. A draw would be a very, very good result.
Counter is the way to go nah...

We can't match their intensity...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:50pm On Aug 13, 2019
I don't even understand how you guys do it seriously. You sit down and ruminate so.much on the negatives, in fact u already conclude we will lose the match based on one or two permutations, and u still go ahead to watch the match grin

How do you guys do that? I mean u already expect Xhaka to lose the ball, u expect Maitland Niles to get run over, u expect ozil not to live up to billing (if he plays) and then u watch the match. I mean even fans of Charlton Athletic will hope their team give stunning performance when they meet superior opponents.

Kai! Even when we play teams like barca with superior players I don't watch match with defeatist mindset, make Una dey try get behind the team na. Even when loserpool was in the wilderness I know seizable number of their fans who never relented. Even when we were walloping them in them Julio baptista days, dem still dey get morale pass all the things I dey read here o

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2019
BlueRayDick:
I don't even understand how you guys do it seriously. You sit down and ruminate so.much on the negatives, in fact u already conclude we will lose the match based on one or two permutations, and u still go ahead to watch the match grin

How do you guys do that? I mean u already expect Xhaka to lose the ball, u expect Maitland Niles to get run over, u expect ozil not to live up to billing (if he plays) and then u watch the match. I mean even fans of Charlton Athletic will hope their team give stunning performance when they meet superior opponents.

Kai! Even when we play teams like barca with superior players I don't watch match with defeatist mindset, make Una dey try get behind the team na. Even when loserpool was in the wilderness I know seizable number of their fans who never relented. Even when we were walloping them in them Julio baptista days, dem still dey get morale pass all the things I dey read here o

it's only our players that always have bad games against top opposition grin
Xhaka will loose ball and I wonder what great guendouzi will be doing especially now that iwobi the only guy that can't be bullied as been sold...oga o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:41am On Aug 14, 2019
BlueRayDick:

J
Me too tire. Especially Sod09, that my brother fear Liverpool like winch
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 6:45am On Aug 14, 2019
Spy360:

Me too tire. Especially Sod09, that my brother fear Liverpool like winch
what's wrong with you,can you read at all
Where in my post did you see me accept defeat why not ask your guendouzi ass lickers angry
Abeg it's too early
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 10:57am On Aug 14, 2019
BlueRayDick:

It's not that I've a defeatist mindset, I'm a realist. Everything I mentioned earlier always happens when we play Liverpool. Naturally, I want my team to win, but let's face reality. Liverpool are the superior team. Optimism is good, but sometimes you have to face reality.

To be honest, if a team like Charlton is up against Liverpool, most of their fans will have zero expectations. It's not just possible. But, they'll be elated if they get a win/draw. But if you think otherwise, that's your opinion.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:11am On Aug 14, 2019
MrDojo:

It's not that I've a defeatist mindset, I'm a realist. Everything I mentioned earlier always happens when we play Liverpool. Naturally, I want my team to win, but let's face reality. Liverpool are the superior team. Optimism is good, but sometimes you have to face reality.

To be honest, if a team like Charlton is up against Liverpool, most of their fans will have zero expectations. It's not just possible. But, they'll be elated if they get a win/draw. But if you think otherwise, that's your opinion.

Did u watch west ham v man city? Did u watch how west ham supporters celebrated when city's third goal was overruled? You will think they've wọn already.

Maybe u are talking from the perspective of a typical Nigerian fan(we are known to always switch sides easily when our teams aren't doing well) but most fans don't just wake up and write off the chances if their team every now and then.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by MrDojo(m): 11:19am On Aug 14, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Did u watch west ham v man city? Did u watch how west ham supporters celebrated when city's third goal was overruled? You will think they've wọn already.

Maybe u are talking from the perspective of a typical Nigerian fan(we are known to always switch sides easily when our teams aren't doing well) but most fans don't just wake up and write off the chances if their team every now and then.

So you expect majority of West Hams to go into the city game expecting something? A team that surpassed them with 46 points.

You should indicate some fans go into games expecting a miracle against superior opposition. Because, most fans already know what could possibly happen. However, they attend/watch those games because they're fans.

It's like having hope a lightweight boxer will beat a heavyweight boxer. Only on a rear day will that happen.

However, let's agree to disagree.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:26am On Aug 14, 2019
Well, in as much we would want to be optimistic as fans, we need to be realistic also. Believing we should just beat Liverpool like that after all they've done to us years back, and even as they're getting stronger is not being realistic so to say. I believe that was what most of us fans berate Wenger for. Going gung-ho against a superior side. That's why we receive all those thrashings those years. The only time we won a top side away from home then was Manchester city(2-0), and if I can remember vividly, we played conservative that day. (That was the time coquelin gained spotlight). Even the west ham fans where happy not cos they felt they'll equalise the match, but were afraid of the inevitable thrashing which of course later came. Lolzz.
So me I'll advice that we're conservative against Liverpool and then hit them on the counter. At least, thank Goodness we now have personnel for that. If we go all out to match them strength to strength, then anoda cricket score is already waiting for us.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:30am On Aug 14, 2019
MrDojo:

So you expect majority of West Hams to go into the city game expecting something? A team that surpassed them with 46 points.

You should indicate some fans go into games expecting a miracle against superior opposition. Because, most fans already know what could possibly happen. However, they attend/watch those games because they're fans.

It's like having hope a lightweight boxer will beat a heavyweight boxer. Only on a rear day will that happen.

However, let's agree to disagree.

That optimism and having an open mind makes u fan. U can see fans complaining about a coach's playing style, complain about his team selection and even fans calling for the sack of a coach for.his actions and inactions, but you won't see fans openly saying stuff like "they will rap.e us", " they will score gazillion thru our wings" etc.

It's just like working in a company that doesn't have a staff bus, can't provide you with an official car(yet) and you start lamenting in front of staff of other companies who have these welfare packages in place and talking down your company in their presence. The thing just get as e be

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by solomonbrown64: 11:36am On Aug 14, 2019
Jodera:
Well, in as much we would want to be optimistic as fans, we need to be realistic realistic also.

.... Exactly bro. I have confidence playing Man United and Chelsea and Everton and even Spurs right now despite the fact that we haven't hit our strides but a smooth, oiled machine like City and Liverpool is too early for us. The squad is still the same as last season, the new additions need time for them to exert their influence. It's just being realistic nothing about paper fans here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:38am On Aug 14, 2019
Jodera:
Well, in as much we would want to be optimistic as fans, we need to be realistic also. Believing we should just beat Liverpool like that after all they've done to us years back, and even as they're getting stronger is not being realistic so to say. I believe that was what most of us fans berate Wenger for. Going gung-ho against a superior side. That's why we receive all those thrashings those years. The only time we won a top side away from home then was Manchester city(2-0), and if I can remember vividly, we played conservative that day. (That was the time coquelin gained spotlight). Even the west ham fans where happy not cos they felt they'll equalise the match, but were afraid of the inevitable thrashing which of course later came. Lolzz.
So me I'll advice that we're conservative against Liverpool and then hit them on the counter. At least, thank Goodness we now have personnel for that. If we go all out to match them strength to strength, then anoda cricket score is already waiting for us.
we can as well give liverpool a walk over if that is possible
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:42am On Aug 14, 2019
BlueRayDick:

That optimism and having an open mind makes u fan. U can see fans complaining about a coach's playing style, complain about his team selection and even fans calling for the sack of a coach for.his actions and inactions, but you won't see fans openly saying stuff like "they will rap.e us", " they will score gazillion thru our wings" etc.

It's just like working in a company that doesn't have a staff bus, can't provide you with an official car(yet) and you start lamenting in front of staff of other companies who have these welfare packages in place and talking down your company in their presence. The thing just get as e be
I get your point bro. That's why we're complaining in "our own forum". Where else do you think we can air our opinions and grievances or thoughts if not in our own forum. So I don't think saying such here is called " openly saying stuff". I dont think Mrdojo or fkhalifa or other fans can say " Liverpool will ra.pe us" in Liverpool or man u or Chelsea thread. Lol. This is the only place true fans (arsenal) can air their honest opinion and it'll be right.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:46am On Aug 14, 2019
sod09:
we can as well give liverpool a walk over if that is possible
Lol, but it's not possible now.
I think what I want to pass across is that you should know your rivals strength in relation to your weakness and try to counter it. Doing same thing over and over again can't give us different result. We've two weeks to Liverpool and we aren't known as a pressing side...is it against Liverpool of all teams we wan start am? grin grin. That's the "being realistic" am talking about"
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:47am On Aug 14, 2019
Jodera:
I get your point bro. That's why we're complaining in "our own forum". Where else do you think we can air our opinions and grievances or thoughts if not in our own forum. So I don't think saying such here is called " openly saying stuff". I dont think Mrdojo or fkhalifa or other fans can say " Liverpool will ra.pe us" in Liverpool or man u or Chelsea thread. Lol. This is the only place true fans (arsenal) can air their honest opinion and it'll be right.

Alright
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:51am On Aug 14, 2019
And please, is not as if I'm all for an arsenal being conservative against Liverpool at Emirates o. It's at anfield I would want us to deploy such tactics.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 11:52am On Aug 14, 2019
Jodera:

I think what I want to pass across is that you should know your rivals strength in relation to your weakness and try to counter it. Doing same thing over and over again can't give us different result. We've two weeks to Liverpool and we aren't known as a pressing side...is it against Liverpool of all teams we wan start am? grin grin. That's the "being realistic" am talking about"
the only thing they have that we dont have is defence, if we contain them in midfield they will struggle. last season at the emirates we didnt finish them up and at anfield we scored first and defence went AWOL.. They look very beatable

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:58am On Aug 14, 2019
Jodera:

Funny thing is we played a 1-1 draw last season in a match we went toe to toe with them. The way you people make it seem as if arsenal just got promoted and are playing a man city that just won a domestic treble is what I was pointing at.

Most of you rate Emery, and probably want to see him do well at arsenalbbut how u just suddenly assume loserpool must flog us and take us to the cleaners is what amazes me ni ó. I know they have a good defence and play very well tru the wings as well, but I don't want to believe Emery just crossed his fingers and hasn't worked on trying to neutralize their firepower since the last outing which turned awry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1521) (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.