Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1664) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2299693 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) ... (3478) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:29am On Nov 12, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Baba I said Origi is a bench player. I never said loserpool’s bench is not good.

The post I quoted was asking how can you have ox , lallana and Origi on the bench. I mean he’s asking as if they are Ousmane Dembele being benched at Barca.

Well , Rashford at 22 is a top 9 for Manchester United one of the biggest clubs in Europe and u think Origi @24 that has been playing second fiddle almost everywhere will suddenly bench Rashford undecided
OK bro,, I get you now. I think I misunderstood you.(that's your first paragraph)

Lol, your narrative about rashford being a top9 in man u, is just like asking how lingard is a first team player at man u. Liverpool are levels above man u right now and most of Liverpool's bench will make starting 11 in man utd

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 9:41am On Nov 12, 2019
BlueRayDick:

There's absolutely nothing special about those players.

I mean what exactly is special about ox tgat scored 20 goals in 6years playing as a forward?

Origi would not make the starting 11 of any top club in Epl. He won't bench anybody in Tottenham, city, loserpool, Arsenal, man utd. Well maybe he can make it to Chelsea's first team now that they field youngsters with less experience tho.

Lalana? Even loserpool fans most times forget he's still a kop.

They are bench players and nothing more than that. Except you are referring to Everton, Crystal palace and Co as top clubs where they could easily make the first team
Keita, Milner, Ox are as good as you can get elsewhere and the likes of Shaqiri and Origi can come in and do a job.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:43am On Nov 12, 2019
Jodera:
OK bro,, I get you now. I think I misunderstood you.(that's your first paragraph)

Lol, your narrative about rashford being a top9 in man u, is just like asking how lingard is a first team player at man u. Liverpool are levels above man u right now and most of Liverpool's bench will make starting 11 in man utd

You don’t get it. I’m saying Rashford plays for a top team as a number 9. If Origi was that good , he could’ve moved to any other top European club other than Loserpool where he will get regular play to show how good he is .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:47am On Nov 12, 2019
patrickmuf:
Keita, Milner, Ox are as good as you can get elsewhere and the likes of Shaqiri and Origi can come in and do a job.

Of course I know Keita, Milner are good players. In fact i wonder why shaqiri has never been lucky to get a starting role at a good club.

Personally I don’t rate ox. He’s had his chances over the years and he’s not fantastic.

I don’t have issue with them as bench players, but saying Origi and co will just walk into any top team starting lineup is not true
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:00am On Nov 12, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Of course I know Keita, Milner are good players. In fact i wonder why shaqiri has never been lucky to get a starting role at a good club.

Personally I don’t rate ox. He’s had his chances over the years and he’s not fantastic.

I don’t have issue with them as bench players, but saying Origi and co will just walk into any top team starting lineup is not true
That's why I said they are ordinary too, if Liverpool have injuries they can't be rely upon that was my point
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:14am On Nov 12, 2019
BlueRayDick:

You don’t get it. I’m saying Rashford plays for a top team as a number 9. If Origi was that good , he could’ve moved to any other top European club other than Loserpool where he will get regular play to show how good he is .
Maybe he doesn't wants to leave presently. Maybe, he believes that Liverpool can win the league this season and he wants to be part of that. I feel if they win the league this season, Origi might go, cos there'll be nothing motivating for him to win again, aside game time
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 10:26am On Nov 12, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Ox as a midfielder is a completely different proposition. You are judging him from his time at Arsenal but to be honest, even at Arsenal, his best games was when he was deployed in midfield...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2019
patrickmuf:
Ox as a midfielder is a completely different proposition. You are judging him from his time at Arsenal but to be honest, even at Arsenal, his best games was when he was deployed in midfield...

His performance has always been inconsistent. That’s my point.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2019
patrickmuf:
BlueRayDick:

His performance has always been inconsistent. That’s my point.
My brother, if you have Ox in your bench, you have a very good bench. Remember that if he is in your bench then he can't be anywhere else.

He may not be consistent like giving you 20goals or assists a season (if he does that he won't be on the bench anyways) but he can give your opponent a run for just 15mins as a sub.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2019
News Flash

1. Arsenal board backs Unai Emery, but warned things must improve.

2. Arsenal coach, Unai Emery given 6match ultimatum to change Club's fortunes in the PL.

3. Former Arsenal skipper, Granit Xhaka says he is ready to give more to the club as he returns to full training after bust up with supporters.

Culled
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2019
Vieira shows support for Xhaka, says he would love to coach Arsenal.

shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:14pm On Nov 12, 2019
Spy360:
News Flash

1. Arsenal board backs Unai Emery, but warned things must improve.

2. Arsenal coach, Unai Emery given 6match ultimatum to change Club's fortunes in the PL.

3. Former Arsenal skipper, Granit Xhaka says he is ready to give more to the club as he returns to full training after bust up with supporters.

Culled

The board sha want to embrace mediocrity by fire by force.

A close look at Arsenal’s next 6 matches shows they just want to create an easy way out for him. They deliberately made it exactly 6 match ultimatum . They use wisdom commot man city game cheesy

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2019
BlueRayDick:

The board sha want to embrace mediocrity by fire by force.

A close look at Arsenal’s next 6 matches shows they just want to create an easy way out for him. They deliberately made it exactly 6 match ultimatum . They use wisdom commot man city game cheesy
Chai!!!
Our board na yahoo o.
All games now na hibernation mode
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:35pm On Nov 12, 2019
Jodera:
Chai!!!
Our board na yahoo o.
All games now na hibernation mode

There is no assurance Emery win 5/6 of these games and this is based off what we have seen thus far. He may not even see out the 6 games if results from the first 3/4 don’t go accordingly.
I was worried this is what the board will do. Even though I would have loved to hear them say he is fired, I am glad they have reacted to the noise/ heat from the fans about Emery, rather than pretend everything is fine. I hope the fans continue to be open about the situation and stay away from games to force a decision.

Emery needs to go now, plain and simple!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2019
Roland17:

There is no assurance Emery win 5/6 of these games and this is based off what we have seen thus far. He may not even see out the 6 games if results from the first 3/4 don’t go accordingly.
I was worried this is what the board will do. Even though I would have loved to hear them say he is fired, I am glad they have reacted to the noise/ heat from the fans about Emery, rather than pretend everything is fine. I hope the fans continue to be open about the situation and stay away from games to force a decision.

Emery needs to go now, plain and simple!!!!!
Emery needs to go. Our style of play is so so pathetic. How the board is even giving him ultimatum with such a very poor style of play is even surprising. I expected the sack after Leicester's game but since they increased the deadline, I'll wait to see how it pans out. I can't continue to wish my arsenal to lose(so as they sack d man). I'll just hope for the best, but the garbage football we're playing is even more frustrating
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by LegoxMetahuman: 8:33pm On Nov 12, 2019
good ebening

how is it going over here.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 10:37pm On Nov 12, 2019
grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:13am On Nov 13, 2019
Jodera:
Emery needs to go. Our style of play is so so pathetic. How the board is even giving him ultimatum with such a very poor style of play is even surprising. I expected the sack after Leicester's game but since they increased the deadline, I'll wait to see how it pans out. I can't continue to wish my arsenal to lose(so as they sack d man). I'll just hope for the best, but the garbage football we're playing is even more frustrating
Do you think he can beat the ultimatum?

Don't worry. It's a matter of time. I suspect the players even want him out which suggest their poor display. The likes of Torriera, Mustafi, Ozil etc.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:59am On Nov 13, 2019
Spy360:

Don't worry. It's a matter of time. I suspect the players even want him out which suggest their poor display. The likes of Torriera, Mustafi, Ozil etc.
The players are just clueless, we know they are not the fighting type that go extra miles to get the job done.
The coach is forcing them to play what they can't adapt to

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 13, 2019
iamoyindamola:
The players are just clueless, we know they are not the fighting type that go extra miles to get the job done.
i ask again what is Emery’s tactic?

Cos the personnel he keeps hiring do not suit what most of y’all have in mind.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:51am On Nov 13, 2019
Spy360:

Well, I hope he doesn't beat the ultimatum o. We'll lose a lot of stars in our team if he eventually stays till d end of season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:57am On Nov 13, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
i ask again what is Emery’s tactic?

Cos the personnel he keeps hiring do not suit what most of y’all have in mind.
nothing
We can't create chances, we can't defend, we can't even keep possession of the ball.
We are useless
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:50am On Nov 13, 2019
iamoyindamola:
They don't show like they can fight for their manager. It's like even they want him out.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:55am On Nov 13, 2019
iamoyindamola:
nothing
We can't create chances, we can't defend, we can't even keep possession of the ball.
We are useless
At the beginning of last season Emery used his fullbacks to great effect. So we felt he would do better with wingers. He got Pepe. But here we are...

I think he should go back to that formation while keeping his wingers inverted. This means he should play without a traditional no 10.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:01am On Nov 13, 2019
Spy360:

They don't show like they can fight for their manager. It's like even they want him out.
You don't get, these guys ain't fighters even during wengay days they bottle up lead it's in the club mentality.
Emery made them more useless than ever that's why even we auba goals we are still no where
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:03am On Nov 13, 2019
Spy360:

At the beginning of last season Emery used his fullbacks to great effect. So we felt he would do better with wingers. He got Pepe. But here we are...

I think he should go back to that formation while keeping his wingers inverted. This means he should play without a traditional no 10.
he didn't use any fullbacks,ozil have him working tactics but he wasn't satisfied
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:20am On Nov 13, 2019
iamoyindamola:
he didn't use any fullbacks,ozil have him working tactics but he wasn't satisfied
The formation is actually what Liverpool use.
Mane........... Firmino .......... Salah
Wijnaldum... Fabinho.. Henderson
Roberts.... VVD .... Lovren... Arnold
...................... Alison .......................

There is no no10, all midfielders are defensive but with ability for long pass. Arnold and Roberts push up, Wijnaldum and Henderson spread wide to cover them, Mane and Salah open up and join Firmino putting pressure on opposition defenders. Notice that both Mane and Salah are inverted which allows them to have a direct shot at goal with an unmarked foot.

The beauty here is that the system has been so perfected by the players that it seems orchestrated and easy to watch.

Auba........... Laca........... Pepe
Xhaka........ Torriera ...... Guen
Tierney.. Luiz.... Cham .Bellerin
.................... Leno......................
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:41am On Nov 13, 2019
Spy360:

There is no no10, all midfielders are defensive but with ability for long pass. Arnold and Roberts push up, Wijnaldum and Henderson spread wide to cover them, Mane and Salah open up and join Firmino putting pressure on opposition defenders. Notice that both Mane and Salah are inverted which allows them to have a direct shot at goal with an unmarked foot.

The beauty here is that the system has been so perfected by the players that it seems orchestrated and easy to watch.

you said early last season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:04pm On Nov 13, 2019
iamoyindamola:
you said early last season
With a better LB and winger in Tierney and Pepe, he was expected to improve the team.

Earlier in the season when Tierney and Bellerin were both injured we managed to win games and were actually third, and I felt like OK if those two return there is no way we won't be able to challenge City or Liverpool for second position. But here we are... They returned and we even had the likes of Saka, Martinelli and Willock growing fast into top ballers. Guys who can act as super subs. But here we are...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 1:52pm On Nov 13, 2019
Spy360:

Xhaka and Guen won't offer half of the protection that Wijnaldum and Henderson guarantees...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2019
patrickmuf:
Xhaka and Guen won't offer half of the protection that Wijnaldum and Henderson guarantees...
Why not?

Xhaka is a better player than Wijnaldum apart from Arsenal. A good coach can use him better. Guen is still growing who knows what he will turn out to be. Kroos? grin

Besides, a good coach can train those boys and drill them very well to master each others game. That's what Klopp did and it's working. Apart from VVD, I can see any really exceptional player in Liverpool including Sarah and Mane. Place them in another team like Arsenal under a coach like Emery and see how shiit they would look. angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by patrickmuf(m): 2:24pm On Nov 13, 2019
Spy360:

Why not?

Xhaka is a better player than Wijnaldum apart from Arsenal. A good coach can use him better. Guen is still growing who knows what he will turn out to be. Kroos? grin

Besides, a good coach can train those boys and drill them very well to master each others game. That's what Klopp did and it's working. Apart from VVD, I can see any really exceptional player in Liverpool including Sarah and Mane. Place them in another team like Arsenal under a coach like Emery and see how shiit they would look. angry
Xhaka in that system won't be effective, Xhaka is lazy and doesn't cover enough ground like Wijnaldum who in my opinion is highly underrated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) ... (3478) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.