Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2321321 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) ... (3491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:58pm On Nov 13, 2019
patrickmuf:
Xhaka in that system won't be effective, Xhaka is lazy and doesn't cover enough ground like Wijnaldum who in my opinion is highly underrated.
True what you said of Xhaka. But he isn't that bad na. Some slow players know how to manage their space through game reading. I believe Xhaka can learn to manage space despite those shortcomings. The point is that Arsenal can adopt that system and use it to a level of effectiveness better than what we have now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:33pm On Nov 13, 2019
Spy360:

True what you said of Xhaka. But he isn't that bad na. Some slow players know how to manage their space through game reading. I believe Xhaka can learn to manage space despite those shortcomings. The point is that Arsenal can adopt that system and use it to a level of effectiveness better than what we have now.

Arsenal do not have the right players play the same formation as loserpool. It's evident.

Xhaka isn't as skillful as Wijnaldum, Xhaka does not have half of the ruggedity and doggedness Wijnaldum possess, Xhaka doesn't even move the ball past few centimeters from whence he receives the ball........

Torreira obviously isn't up there with Fabinho at all. As a matter of fact, after Wilfred Ndidi the next in rank in that particular position is Fabinho. He's rock solid in that position.

There's absolutely no way Emery's current team will execute Loserpool's game play
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:39pm On Nov 13, 2019
Spy360:

Why not?

Xhaka is a better player than Wijnaldum apart from Arsenal. A good coach can use him better. Guen is still growing who knows what he will turn out to be. Kroos? grin

Besides, a good coach can train those boys and drill them very well to master each others game. That's what Klopp did and it's working. Apart from VVD, I can see any really exceptional player in Liverpool including Sarah and Mane. Place them in another team like Arsenal under a coach like Emery and see how shiit they would look. angry
You Dan start again with this over hype on arsenal player
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:56pm On Nov 13, 2019
Spy360:

The formation is actually what Liverpool use.
Mane........... Firmino .......... Salah
Wijnaldum... Fabinho.. Henderson
Roberts.... VVD .... Lovren... Arnold
...................... Alison .......................

There is no no10, all midfielders are defensive but with ability for long pass. Arnold and Roberts push up, Wijnaldum and Henderson spread wide to cover them, Mane and Salah open up and join Firmino putting pressure on opposition defenders. Notice that both Mane and Salah are inverted which allows them to have a direct shot at goal with an unmarked foot.

The beauty here is that the system has been so perfected by the players that it seems orchestrated and easy to watch.

Auba........... Laca........... Pepe
Xhaka........ Torriera ...... Guen
Tierney.. Luiz.... Cham .Bellerin
.................... Leno......................
This your midfield no be am.
As in eh, e tire me o

Xhaka that is lazy, under pressure he succumbs and can't dribble his way out, will play what fabinho or wijnaldum plays? Guen that is slow in thought process might actually be taught that but not xhaka abeg. In fact, that midfield go cast everything.
Going forward, lacazette isnt a known dribbler same as Auba. Only Pepe(if he's improved upon or he brings in ligue 1 form). In fact, this present crop of players, klopp go still change like 3-4 of the players sef from the lineup
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 13, 2019
Respect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:14am On Nov 14, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Arsenal do not have the right players play the same formation as loserpool. It's evident.

Xhaka isn't as skillful as Wijnaldum, Xhaka does not have half of the ruggedity and doggedness Wijnaldum possess, Xhaka doesn't even move the ball past few centimeters from whence he receives the ball........

Torreira obviously isn't up there with Fabinho at all. As a matter of fact, after Wilfred Ndidi the next in rank in that particular position is Fabinho. He's rock solid in that position.

There's absolutely no way Emery's current team will execute Loserpool's game play

I know. But if they try may be we will still be third. Don't say something is not possible when it hasn't been tried.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:15am On Nov 14, 2019
iamoyindamola:
You Dan start again with this over hype on arsenal player
It's my civil duty. I can even hype you on other threads. That's me.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:35am On Nov 14, 2019
Spy360:

It's my civil duty. I can even hype you on other threads. That's me.
hyping useless players is what I called you out for
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:55am On Nov 14, 2019
Spy360:

I know. But if they try may be we will still be third. Don't say something is not possible when it hasn't been tried.

Emery has been trying different formations, rotating players all year and we are where we are (in Osinbajo voice).

I just don't buy that idea at all. Emery does not have players to execute that klopp style at all. Experimenting will only get us sinking deeper than we already are. Emery that starts Kolasinac wants him to play like Robertson undecided

Make I even imagine this thing. It will end in tears abeg!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Emery has been trying different formations, rotating players all year and we are where we are (in Osinbajo voice).

I just don't buy that idea at all. Emery does not have players to execute that klopp style at all. Experimenting will only get us sinking deeper than we already are. Emery that starts Kolasinac wants him to play like Robertson undecided

Make I even imagine this thing. It will end in tears abeg!
I think ifvhe would just stick to a particular way and allow the boys master it over time it would have be been better.

Note that while personnel is important, any team can adapt any tactics. Now that we have more wingers than ever, a wing base tactics is what makes sense really.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by digz: 12:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
Spy360:

I think ifvhe would just stick to a particular way and allow the boys master it over time it would have be been better.

Note that while personnel is important, any team can adapt any tactics. Now that we have more wingers than ever, a wing base tactics is what makes sense really.

How market spy? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:50pm On Nov 14, 2019
digz:

How market spy? cheesy
Hey diggz, what's up...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 1:41pm On Nov 15, 2019
Jodera:

This your midfield no be am.
As in eh, e tire me o

Xhaka that is lazy, under pressure he succumbs and can't dribble his way out, will play what fabinho or wijnaldum plays? Guen that is slow in thought process might actually be taught that but not xhaka abeg. In fact, that midfield go cast everything.
Going forward, lacazette isnt a known dribbler same as Auba. Only Pepe(if he's improved upon or he brings in ligue 1 form). In fact, this present crop of players, klopp go still change like 3-4 of the players sef from the lineup

The main problems in this area is the lack of a physically powerful,energetic leader as a DM.

Look at Liverpool, Man City any Leicester who are blessed with three gems who are the link between the back four and the other players.

Neither Torreria not Dhaka are up to this task, and while Chambers did a good job as a DM for Fulham I doubt it he is good enough at a higher level.If we had a quality DM like Ndidti,we could adopt a 4-3-3 system which is favoured by the top four in the PL and use the likes of Guendouzi and Willock as box to box midfielders which would provide energy and drive to support the front three who have got to work just as hard on their defensive capabilities as they do in attack.

The front three of Liverpool and Man City work their socks off to regain possession something which is lacking in Auba and Pepe but is their in Martinelli. In essence, to be successful in today’s game, everyone has to bust a gut if the team is going to be successful.In such a set up I’m afraid there is no room for a number of our midfielders such as Ozil,Ceballos, Torreria and Xhaka .We have decent full backs in Bellerin and Tierney to fit into such a system and only need one quality CB to partner Saliba next season to make it work.

Copied#..

Get in any manager who can reason like the above post, the bolded is a major concern.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:55pm On Nov 15, 2019
Fkhalifa:

The main problems in this area is the lack of a physically powerful,energetic leader as a DM.

Look at Liverpool, Man City any Leicester who are blessed with three gems who are the link between the back four and the other players.

Neither Torreria not Dhaka are up to this task, and while Chambers did a good job as a DM for Fulham I doubt it he is good enough at a higher level.If we had a quality DM like Ndidti,we could adopt a 4-3-3 system which is favoured by the top four in the PL and use the likes of Guendouzi and Willock as box to box midfielders which would provide energy and drive to support the front three who have got to work just as hard on their defensive capabilities as they do in attack.

The front three of Liverpool and Man City work their socks off to regain possession something which is lacking in Auba and Pepe but is their in Martinelli. In essence, to be successful in today’s game, everyone has to bust a gut if the team is going to be successful.In such a set up I’m afraid there is no room for a number of our midfielders such as Ozil,Ceballos, Torreria and Xhaka .We have decent full backs in Bellerin and Tierney to fit into such a system and only need one quality CB to partner Saliba next season to make it work.

Copied#..

Get in any manager who can reason like the above post, the bolded is a major concern.
In my experience in football, any system can work for any team once they can master it. Ruling out Torriera especially is undermining him. The likes of Kante, Mascherano and Makalele didn't have the physical build but were strong and resilient. They were looked down on but became the best.

Let's try Torriera first and see how he can master the position. Another is Chambers.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 4:59pm On Nov 15, 2019
Spy360:

In my experience in football, any system can work for any team once they can master it. Ruling out Torriera especially is undermining him. The likes of Kante, Mascherano and Makalele didn't have the physical build but were strong and resilient. They were looked down on but became the best.

Let's try Torriera first and see how he can master the position. Another is Chambers.
I agree with your Torreira argument, but Lucas to me still needs protection, he isn't used to this kind of rough league with too many game schedule in a year.
I do not agree " any system" can work, but the right modern style that suits modern football.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:26pm On Nov 15, 2019
I just tire for this guy,so torreira is now the problem no more ozil or mustafi. Torreira that was one of our biggest performance last season, just because this stupid want to accommodate Jerry curls he now played him out of position and suddenly become the problem.
Did Kante have size or physique before dominating the midfield, even the anfield you claimed your coach wants to adopt the playing style torreira went there twice and scored but your Jerry curls was just excorting opponents.
Btw we are not expecting you here since LFC have won city....smh
#awonplasticfan

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
How many clubs uses physical presence in the midfield, only LFC and Leicester I can remember even these guys are tall and lanky not built kind of player.
And that's why we have xhaka that one just choose to be useless but torreira gets the blame.
Chelsea,man u ,city , Barca,juve etc which one of them uses size or physical players as DM. Una go just copy nonsense come proof baseless point,if any coach come today torreira is back in his preferred position and Jerry curl can fvck off.
Torreira Omo ologo that turned CR7 to a meme at the WC
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ORIJIN201(m): 5:55pm On Nov 15, 2019
iamoyindamola:
How many clubs uses physical presence in the midfield, only LFC and Leicester I can remember even these guys are tall and lanky not built kind of player.
And that's why we have xhaka that one just choose to be useless but torreira gets the blame.
Chelsea,man u ,city , Barca,juve etc which one of them uses size or physical players as DM. Una go just copy nonsense come proof baseless point,if any coach come today torreira is back in his preferred position and Jerry curl can fvck off.
Torreira Omo ologo that turned CR7 to a meme at the WC
lol, you dey mind them? They'll be screaming physical DM. Barca had and still have Busquets in a midfield that dominated every top team in Europe. DM position is a lot more technical than the way people see it. When you are a possession based team, all your DM needs to do is cut passing lanes to prevent counters(something torreira does well) shielding the back 4. It's not even necessary he be the one that recycles possession as long as there is another player for that.

Atm, Arsenal can't control a game and keep possession against eyimba hence you see our midfield is ran over. Check games Barca loses. They lose their games when they are overplayed and they concede like basket. Look at mancity the way they lost to Liverpool. But these losses will come once in a blue moon because they keep possession and frustrate any counters.

Emery is crap, simple!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:57pm On Nov 15, 2019
ORIJIN201:
lol, you dey mind them? They'll be screaming physical DM. Barca had and still have Busquets in a midfield that dominated every top team in Europe. DM position is a lot more technical than the way people see it. When you are a possession based team, all your DM needs to do is cut passing lanes to prevent counters(something torreira does well) shielding the back 4. It's not even necessary he be the one that recycles possession as long as there is another player for that.

Atm, Arsenal can't control a game and keep possession against eyimba hence you see our midfield is ran over. Check games Barca loses. They lose their games when they are overplayed and they concede like basket. Look at mancity the way they lost to Liverpool. But these losses will come one in a blue moon because they keep possession and frustrate any counters.

Emery is crap, simple!
very simple I just weak jare
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:08pm On Nov 15, 2019
Fkhalifa:

Copied#..

This is correct. I think I'll find it difficult to see any of our midfielders stake a claim in Liverpool first team. Not because they're not good enough, but I think cos dey hardly works their socks off. Just ceballos and maybe torreira.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
Jodera:
This is correct. I think I'll find it difficult to see any of our midfielders stake a claim in Liverpool first team. Not because they're not good enough, but I think cos dey hardly works their socks off. Just ceballos and maybe torreira.

Even Ceballos to me doesn't have their old Milner's energy,ceba tries but not at the physical level yet, Torreira arguably most hardworking and runner but was brushed off by Ricardo Pereira last week,he needs protection by playing alongside Ndidi/Partey/Docoure..

This is English football, why do you think the likes of Deeney feel confident playing against us, its always "go hard on them" and you'll see them crumble..
This is not LA liga, this Average Arsenal side had fun beating Valencia home and away,and they beat Barca in a cup final.
This is not the era of soft passing football of busquet days, see the calibre of midfielders around the top4.
Unai Emery might have his problems, but the right personnel with suitable traits matters as well,but not many will know.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:44pm On Nov 15, 2019
Blah blah
Yen yen yen, yet guendouzi was the MVP when he met ndidi... clown

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by OLUWABIG(m): 11:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
Spy360:

The formation is actually what Liverpool use.
Mane........... Firmino .......... Salah
Wijnaldum... Fabinho.. Henderson
Roberts.... VVD .... Lovren... Arnold
...................... Alison .......................

There is no no10, all midfielders are defensive but with ability for long pass. Arnold and Roberts push up, Wijnaldum and Henderson spread wide to cover them, Mane and Salah open up and join Firmino putting pressure on opposition defenders. Notice that both Mane and Salah are inverted which allows them to have a direct shot at goal with an unmarked foot.

The beauty here is that the system has been so perfected by the players that it seems orchestrated and easy to watch.

Auba........... Laca........... Pepe
Xhaka........ Torriera ...... Guen
Tierney.. Luiz.... Cham .Bellerin
.................... Leno......................

Why not replace
Guen with Ceballos
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:18am On Nov 16, 2019
This foolish man allowed us to release carzola angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:10am On Nov 16, 2019
iamoyindamola:
This foolish man allowed us to release carzola angry

Carzola was done. There's no way he's returning to that top level for us if he was allowed to stay.

I honestly can't fault letting him go, what I fault is not getting a right replacement till date.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:30am On Nov 16, 2019
BlueRayDick:

Carzola was done. There's no way he's returning to that top level for us if he was allowed to stay.

I honestly can't fault letting him go, what I fault is not getting a right replacement till date.
Which carzola abeg, you know when he was in arsenal Spain hardly call him. 34 yo and Spain can't do with out him currently
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:47am On Nov 16, 2019
iamoyindamola:
Which carzola abeg, you know when he was in arsenal Spain hardly call him. 34 yo and Spain can't do with out him currently

When he was at arsenal, there were a whole lot of Spanish midfielders who were doing quite well in the LA Liga, even David Silva at city was doing quite well. How many of those Spanish midfielders do have around now at the top of their game?

By the way, carzola was only recently recalled back to the team ( June 2019, which is 4 years since he was last called)

Saying spain can't do without him at 34 is exaggeration na cheesy. He's only playing qualifiers na. It's not like he has carried them to a competition since he left arsenal and wọn it for them.

By the way, we all know the Spanish league where he has rediscovered his form is not as physical as what we have in Epl. I doubt if he would've regained this form without suffering another long term injury with all those hard tackles flying around in Epl. If u are fouled in the epl sef, the ref will say the challenge is too soft and shouldn't have gone down easily like they ruled against origi vs man utd.

Lastly doctors actually said Carzola's playing days were numbered after that injury. Any serious club would not hold on to such player even if he is the club legend sef.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:13am On Nov 16, 2019
BlueRayDick:

When he was at arsenal, there were a whole lot of Spanish midfielders who were doing quite well in the LA Liga, even David Silva at city was doing quite well. How many of those Spanish midfielders do have around now at the top of their game?

By the way, carzola was only recently recalled back to the team ( June 2019, which is 4 years since he was last called)

Saying spain can't do without him at 34 is exaggeration na cheesy. He's only playing qualifiers na. It's not like he has carried them to a competition since he left arsenal and wọn it for them.

By the way, we all know the Spanish league where he has rediscovered his form is not as physical as what we have in Epl. I doubt if he would've regained this form without suffering another long term injury with all those hard tackles flying around in Epl. If u are fouled in the epl sef, the ref will say the challenge is too soft and shouldn't have gone down easily like they ruled against origi vs man utd.

Lastly doctors actually said Carzola's playing days were numbered after that injury. Any serious club would not hold on to such player even if he is the club legend sef.
make I praise cozza too, at least he's better than those shigidi we are parading.
Mhki just came out our useless coach was playing him out of position too and he couldn't contribute to goals or assists.
Before this man finish us the board should do something,auba is ban from talking to troopz another negative news building up
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kendrick93(m): 10:28am On Nov 16, 2019
Spy360:

Why not?

Xhaka is a better player than Wijnaldum apart from Arsenal. A good coach can use him better. Guen is still growing who knows what he will turn out to be. Kroos? grin

Besides, a good coach can train those boys and drill them very well to master each others game. That's what Klopp did and it's working. Apart from VVD, I can see any really exceptional player in Liverpool including Sarah and Mane. Place them in another team like Arsenal under a coach like Emery and see how shiit they would look. angry
Clueless
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:11am On Nov 16, 2019
grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:19pm On Nov 16, 2019
kendrick93:
Clueless
You are no one.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:35pm On Nov 16, 2019
Fkhalifa:

I agree with your Torreira argument, but Lucas to me still needs protection, he isn't used to this kind of rough league with too many game schedule in a year.
I do not agree " any system" can work, but the right modern style that suits modern football.
When Leicester won the league they did so with an outdated 4-4-2 last used in the 90s. Don't call it a one off because it worked perfectly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) ... (3491) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: BlueRayDick and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.