Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,629 members, 7,847,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:47 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2349464 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2177) (2178) (2179) (2180) (2181) (2182) (2183) ... (3543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:49am On Apr 17, 2021
daveP:
i mean praises for the Slavia win o. Lol. As for the 3 games left. Until i see that 8dimensional Trophy in Auba's arms, aint raising any hopes.

Heck twill look great in Xhaka's
Lol... That's the koko oooo.
To win that europa grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:52am On Apr 17, 2021
daveP:

Chuks aka SmackDant is too good and will give Tierney issues. Both are good. But Villareal go be like what Granada was to Man U on two legs. Very slick but no end game.

I think Villareal's defense should rather watch out for the fantastic 4 youngsters in attack. They can't handle.
To be very honest, I'm not to afraid of chukwueze. Granted he's talented but I still feel he's still to raw for that completeness needed in a good player (noted I said good not great). I'm more wary of Emery's tactics than Chuks himself grin

Moreover, Tierney might be probably out of the season, so unfortunately, Chuks isn't meeting him

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:24am On Apr 17, 2021
daveP:

Chuks aka SmackDant is too good and will give Tierney issues. Both are good. But Villareal go be like what Granada was to Man U on two legs. Very slick but no end game.

I think Villareal's defense should rather watch out for the fantastic 4 youngsters in attack. They can't handle.
True
Very true

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:34am On Apr 17, 2021
Spy360:

His programme notes last night said he was hoping the older guys with create the moments. Good thing was that he ended up using the younger ones. Perhaps he is losing faith in them. Which may explain why Balogun got a new contract and Azeez listed on the bench. The only older guys he trusts now are Laca and Xhaka.

I hope Balogun's contracts signals an immediate plan to integrate him into the first team especially in the EPL. I will like to see some of these young guns in the EPL as the season winds down. Honestly, I don't think we can get to top 4-6 in the EPL because that would mean a near perfect run to end the season with other teams virtually losing 70-90% of their games. Worsestill, the teams ahead of us have been more consistent in getting important results than we can boast of. It's the Europa route now or burst and I am glad Arteta understand the urgency with some of his recent words but I also know say..him sabi talk..na another thing for pitch.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:14am On Apr 17, 2021
Roland17:

I hope Balogun's contracts signals an immediate plan to integrate him into the first team especially in the EPL. I will like to see some of these young guns in the EPL as the season winds down. Honestly, I don't think we can get to top 4-6 in the EPL because that would mean a near perfect run to end the season with other teams virtually losing 70-90% of their games. Worsestill, the teams ahead of us have been more consistent in getting important results than we can boast of. It's the Europa route now or burst and I am glad Arteta understand the urgency with some of his recent words but I also know say..him sabi talk..na another thing for pitch.
As a matter of fact for me, the remaining fixtures should be used to strengthen our youth core by allowing them play. This will also mean preparation for next season and the season after that as most of the older guys run out their contracts. We want to see the attacking combination of Nketiah, Martinelli, Saka, Balogun, Pepe (forget his price tag), ESR and Odegaard (if we are serious to keep him).
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:27am On Apr 17, 2021
Arteta's tactics against Slavia was the bomb. Few may notice how he managed the absence of a natural overlapping fullback by giving Xhaka a role where he can play both midfield and FB at the same time without need to overlapping. Cushioning that with an extra winger who actually does the pseudo-overlapping. This is not even the big point. The ability to instill that tactical discipline on the players within short notice is more commendable.

Kudos to a brilliant mind.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:32pm On Apr 17, 2021
Spy360:
Arteta's tactics against Slavia was the bomb. Few may notice how he managed the absence of a natural overlapping fullback by giving Xhaka a role where he can play both midfield and FB at the same time without need to overlapping. Cushioning that with an extra winger who actually does the pseudo-overlapping. This is not even the big point. The ability to instill that tactical discipline on the players within short notice is more commendable.

Kudos to a brilliant mind.
Spot on.... I admire the tactics he deployed too. Arteta is a good tactician, it is just that he sometimes fumble with the team selection and management.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
mostob:
Spot on.... I admire the tactics he deployed too. Arteta is a good tactician, it is just that he sometimes fumble with the team selection and management.
He knows how to work with what is available to him. This team is so unbalanced.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2021
Spy360:

He knows how to work with what is available to him. This team is so unbalanced.
Exactly...
Bro... how una take see our match against Villarreal. Emery himself carries the big fear factor
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
Buendia go cost to buy now that Norwich are back
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:56pm On Apr 18, 2021
Jodera:
To be very honest, I'm not to afraid of chukwueze. Granted he's talented but I still feel he's still to raw for that completeness needed in a good player (noted I said good not great). I'm more wary of Emery's tactics than Chuks himself grin

Moreover, Tierney might be probably out of the season, so unfortunately, Chuks isn't meeting him
Emery and Counter with the urge to stay front than go back to loosen a defense. If he had King Santi, I'd have feared his Midfield.

Whoever Chuks meets asides Tierney, Chuks will shine am comot o. That's if he see ball play sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... That's the koko oooo.
To win that europa grin grin

Imagine London Derby Uefa SuperCup?

lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 2:18pm On Apr 18, 2021
Aina getting the better of Martinelli one-one

I hope Southgate's presence isn't putting pressure on these boys? That's if they know he's even in the stands though.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:51pm On Apr 18, 2021
Where everybody go?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:51pm On Apr 18, 2021
Modern football has become a game of inches with VAR..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SodO9: 2:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
Gabriel have done it again grin
No one will talk but if na mustafi lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SodO9: 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
Lacazette injured
Nawa oo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 3:36pm On Apr 18, 2021
Roland17:
Modern football has become a game of inches with VAR..
Dats what you wan blame ya uselessness on abi ,because fifa upgrade to VAR from village people.. before na for calabash dem dey look una now na VAR grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2021
mostob:
Exactly...
Bro... how una take see our match against Villarreal. Emery himself carries the big fear factor
Yes. Emery is a master on H/A matches. But Arteta has the pedigree of breaking people's record. Do you know Slavia had not lost at home this season? We beat them 4-0
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2021
Im less bothered about the VAR issue today. Im bothered about the fact that there was no urgency from the middle. Xhaka playing those two positions... that's very burdensome.

Two key players on injury list. Ending the match with young attack.

It's good Nketiah proved his own mettle.

Under Wenger, twould have been 5-0.

Elneny shouldn't have started.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by odizeey(m): 4:28pm On Apr 18, 2021
Na like this una won take reach final? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:40pm On Apr 18, 2021
Spy360:

Yes. Emery is a master on H/A matches. But Arteta has the pedigree of breaking people's record. Do you know Slavia had not lost at home this season? We beat them 4-0
Please let's don't overhype that win oo. Granted it's a good win, but it's not the first time we're doing such a thing.

Olympiakos have never lost at home wen we beat them (3-0, giroud hattrick) cos we were under pressure to qualify just like in Slavia. Arsenal always have a way of mauling this small teams when under intense pressure. Even if those team(s) haven't lost at home since 1880, dem must collect am for arsenal hand. Please Arteta did nothing new there.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
daveP:

Imagine London Derby Uefa SuperCup?

lipsrsealed
London Derby supercup ke?
I don't want to think that I think Chelsea wants to reach final not to talk of winning it.

I beg you, I no wan think am undecided

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:49pm On Apr 18, 2021
daveP:
Im less bothered about the VAR issue today. Im bothered about the fact that there was no urgency from the middle. Xhaka playing those two positions... that's very burdensome.

Two key players on injury list. Ending the match with young attack.

It's good Nketiah proved his own mettle.

Under Wenger, twould have been 5-0.

Elneny shouldn't have started.
I know of lacazette getting injured, but who is the other player injured?

One thing is that nketiah can play nonsense or loss in games, but you see poacher, I give him that. He's a very good poacher.

As for xhaka, he's playing midfield plus Lb cos he doesn't attack. I don't see anything burdensome there.
Our left attack was not so agile cos it's always martinelli attacking that side only him.

Well, I think we were just unlucky and from the lineup, Arteta is prioritizing the Europa over the league. I'll do same if I'm him

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
Spy360:

alright... let's wait and see
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:23am On Apr 19, 2021
Jodera:
London Derby supercup ke?
I don't want to think that I think Chelsea wants to reach final not to talk of winning it.

I beg you, I no wan think am undecided
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:25am On Apr 19, 2021
Jodera:
I know of lacazette getting injured, but who is the other player injured?

One thing is that nketiah can play nonsense or loss in games, but you see poacher, I give him that. He's a very good poacher.

As for xhaka, he's playing midfield plus Lb cos he doesn't attack. I don't see anything burdensome there.
Our left attack was not so agile cos it's always martinelli attacking that side only him.

Well, I think we were just unlucky and from the lineup, Arteta is prioritizing the Europa over the league. I'll do same if I'm him

Xhaka scare is the other. Seemed good, but i don't think it is.

I pray his plans form a good cake.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:45am On Apr 19, 2021
We better respect ourselves and stay away from that Super League or whatever it is called because me I am not interested.. else na relegation we go dey battle if there is one sef.. or first round exits..

This is nothing but pure greed.. Well, there is already greed in the current setup.. We will still struggle to attract enough talent to compete against the other super teams because wealth get levels. Despite the promised funds, can you imagine Arsenal competing for the best players against the likes of City/ Madrid/ United/ Chelsea/ Bayern/ Barcelona: Juventus? This is not one of those cases where you take your time in grooming your academy players to transition into the first team.. we may as well kiss the academy goodbye.

The ESL model will fail if you ask me.. not necessary because of the principle and philosophy behind it but there is not enough talent to go around..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SyIvalord: 2:35am On Apr 19, 2021
Roland17:
We better respect ourselves and stay away from that Super League or whatever it is called because me I am not interested.. else na relegation we go dey battle if there is one sef.. or first round exits..

This is nothing but pure greed.. Well, there is already greed in the current setup.. We will still struggle to attract enough talent to compete against the other super teams because wealth get levels. Despite the promised funds, can you imagine Arsenal competing for the best players against the likes of City/ Madrid/ United/ Chelsea/ Bayern/ Barcelona: Juventus? This is not one of those cases where you take your time in grooming your academy players to transition into the first team.. we may as well kiss the academy goodbye.

The ESL model will fail if you ask me.. not necessary because of the principle and philosophy behind it but there is not enough talent to go around..
Apparently, all founding members of the ESL will be given 320 million pounds or thereabout each for accepting to join the league. They have the money and despite the initial outrage, they will have the fans. I don’t see it failing if they go ahead with it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:44am On Apr 19, 2021
SyIvalord:
Apparently, all founding members of the ESL will be given 320 million pounds or thereabout each for accepting to join the league. They have the money and despite the initial outrage, they will have the fans. I don’t see it failing if they go ahead with it.

Don’t get me wrong, there is a lot of money to go around for everyone but a team like Arsenal will still struggle to compete for the best players against the big dogs.. Greed has already taken over football and the ESL is just making it more obvious that it is now strictly business.

Teams may as well scrap their academies because there would be absolutely no time to groom anyone as results have to be instant.. As for fans, you may be pushing it by being overconfident that they would have fans.. here is the thing, the allure of a UCL matchup between Bayern v Chelsea or PSG v City is because it happens only once or twice a season at most, so it keeps it interesting.

Fans would get bored I promise you watching big teams play week in weekout.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by SodO9: 7:21am On Apr 19, 2021
So arsenal that have never win or will never win uefa champions League went to join the big clubs too grin grin
Na idiots they run our club incase we no know

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:04am On Apr 19, 2021
SodO9:
So arsenal that have never win or will never win uefa champions League went to join the big clubs too grin grin
Na idiots they run our club incase we no know
Any where dem dey share money, you expect kroenke to dey absent grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2177) (2178) (2179) (2180) (2181) (2182) (2183) ... (3543) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.