Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,649 members, 7,861,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:19 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2360658 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 11:38am On Mar 04, 2013
chuckdee4:
I gave up the moment i saw Ramsey in the starting 11, whay start ramsey when rosicky's on the bench

arsenal actually were in control in the first 25 mins. they had spurs pinned back and things were ticking nicely. the high-line defensive tactics against lennon/bale when arsenal's defenders are slow is just plain idiotic. vermaelen has lost it and metresacker never had it.

it's going to be one helluva task finishing in the top four but if there's one manager who can do it, wenger is that man. spurs have a problem. if dembele sits out the remainder of the season then spurs would be weakened! the margin of error is small now, arsenal must start picking points!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 3:45pm On Mar 04, 2013
chuckdee4:

I gave up the moment i saw Ramsey in the starting 11, whay start ramsey when rosicky's on the bench

Sure. . . .and Rosicky came on and really improved things didn't he? It was Ramsey that won the freekick that got us a goal, it was Ramsey that had the intelligence to make a good run to get a shot off that marginally deflected off target. But no, blame Ramsey for TV5, Vermaelen and Monreal's defensive mistakes.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 3:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
debosky:
Sure. . . .and Rosicky came on and really improved things didn't he? It was Ramsey that won the freekick that got us a goal, it was Ramsey that had the intelligence to make a good run to get a shot off that marginally deflected off target. But no, blame Ramsey for TV5, Vermaelen and Monreal's defensive mistakes.

what about the simple things ramsey refused to do. the dude single-handedly lost me £100 yesterday. his first touch is not better than a semi-pro. i cannot count the number of times the attack broke with him in possession. only one of his crosses found an arsenal player. what ramsey was doing on the pitch remains a mystery. where were gervinho and diaby? the shot he licked that got deflected should have been a goal. with acres of space, an intelligent player should be scoring.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chuckdee4(m): 3:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
debosky:

Abeg Debosky stop all this, when people call for the heads of the likes of Ramsey, its not just based on yesterdays game.
Yes Ramsey won us the freekick that led to the goal and infact had a better game than most but this is Ramsey we're talking about, i've seen the guy overthink what to do with a pass and end up lossing possesion a million and one times, I have seen him attempt a Cesc-like pass and fluff that too.

Come to think of it when did I blame him in my posts for the defeat?
To cut the long story short, we need to rid ourselves of these half baked players, Ramsey would not make it into any of the starting 11's of (United, City, Chelsea, Spurs even Everton) so why should he be starting for us?

I've admired the way you back the team defeat after defeat but every man has a breaking point, Gunners and anyone else for that matter should not be paying top dollar to watch inferior players fluff about the pitch.
Wenger has tried for AFC but I think it's time to move on.
In Arsene we trust alright but he's not God, everything has an end and I think the end is closing in on Wenger
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 3:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
2-1 loss to Spurs. . . . .toothless performance upfront, shabby performance at the back. That summarises things.

Disappointing, but not surprising. The 'good' thing is that Everton's game had been postponed, if not we'd be facing the threat of going down to 6th.

3rd/4th is still up for grabs IMO - whether the team will be good enough to deliver the required performances will be seen in the next couple of months.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 4:04pm On Mar 04, 2013
debosky: 2-1 loss to Spurs. . . . .toothless performance upfront, shabby performance at the back. That summarises things.

Disappointing, but not surprising. The 'good' thing is that Everton's game had been postponed, if not we'd be facing the threat of going down to 6th.

3rd/4th is still up for grabs IMO - whether the team will be good enough to deliver the required performances will be seen in the next couple of months.

i was disappointed and surprised arsenal didn't take all the 3 points.
spurs were not particularly spectacular - they just copied the template man utd tend to use against arsenal. drag the centre-backs out of the equation and get the wingers to occupy their space. the high-line was also disgusting. centre-backs who cannot run don't deploy such lazy tactics.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chuckdee4(m): 4:43pm On Mar 04, 2013
coogar:

i was disappointed and surprised arsenal didn't take all the 3 points.
spurs were not particularly spectacular - they just copied the template man utd tend to use against arsenal. drag the centre-backs out of the equation and get the wingers to occupy their space. the high-line was also disgusting. centre-backs who cannot run don't deploy such lazy tactics.

We ended up making Spurs look all that.
the season is far from over so no need to panic yet but to be honest I want us to finish outside the top 6 but somehow I don't want Spurs getting that final CL place
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 4:46pm On Mar 04, 2013
@chuckdee4

You're entitled to your opinions - the fact is nothing Rozzi did would justify him starting either - that's the point I was making. If we say Ramsey shouldn't start for Arsenal, Rozzi shouldn't even be the bench for Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kenkruse: 4:52pm On Mar 04, 2013
We clearly gave them the win yesterday. Our mid field was ok and kicking but the front line was abysmal angry
Giroud has proved over time that he's not up to standard of Arsenal..maybe wigan athletic. I expected Wenger to make the necessary changes as early as 27' of the game. A little trickly of Gervinho/Ox would do from the wings, then the power of Podoski. Rosicky wasnt needed in the game that was already intensed in the mid field. Ramsey got a card and could have been substituted as well.

Then the back four...
Removing the only supply from the flank was a massive error when Giroud was still in the pitch. Jenks could have stayed on.
And Vermaelen, the supposed leader in the team making a school boy error week-in-week out. I tought he could have had a good game being that he played against Ventoghen who rather chosed the enemy line. But no. embarassed
I have never been a fan of Mertesacker. Dude always make backward passes when he can pass upfront. His sloggishness has cost us games and wenger is aware of that. If only Kos will be as calculative, then we have got Ventoghen.

All the same, I still dont see spurs finishing above Arsenal this season. They've got to face Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea and City. smiley
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 5:20pm On Mar 04, 2013
chuckdee4:

We ended up making Spurs look all that.
the season is far from over so no need to panic yet but to be honest I want us to finish outside the top 6 but somehow I don't want Spurs getting that final CL place

you would have to choose one..... arsenal finishing outside the top six would cause a shake-up in the board. the media would definitely feast on such news to force their hands into releasing funds from their warchest!

debosky: @chuckdee4
You're entitled to your opinions - the fact is nothing Rozzi did would justify him starting either - that's the point I was making. If we say Ramsey shouldn't start for Arsenal, Rozzi shouldn't even be the bench for Arsenal.

what could rosicky do as a substitute?
the damage had already been done by the time he came on.......he did better in 30 mins than ramsey did throughout!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:36pm On Mar 04, 2013
coogar: what happened to diaby and gervinho?

Saving them for Bayern in Munich wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chuckdee4(m): 5:37pm On Mar 04, 2013
coogar:

you would have to choose one..... arsenal finishing outside the top six would cause a shake-up in the board. the media would definitely feast on such news to force their hands into releasing funds from their warchest!

what could rosicky do as a substitute?
the damage had already been done by the time he came on.......he did better in 30 mins than ramsey did throughout!

If finishing outside the top 6 ensures the relevant funds are released........then so be it

As a substitue Rosicky created one decent chance which Ramsey fluffed

debosky: @chuckdee4

Personally I think Rozzi woud have done a better job than ramsey if he had started, that's my opinion though.
My main point was not aimed at ramsey, i'm simply screaming for CHANGE
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by wonlasewonimi: 5:46pm On Mar 04, 2013
dayokanu:

Saving them for Bayern in Munich wink

They are like ronaldo and Ozil
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On Mar 04, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

They are like ronaldo and Ozil

Ohun a ni lan gbe laruge (translate that)

At all at all na him bad pass, If dem no get Ronaldo and Ozil at least dem get Diaby and Gervinho

Well Spurs has the more difficult schedule. But if I were Wenger I would just abandon the Munich trip and concentrate on the league.

What good would it do if Cazorla and Wilshere get knackered in Munich and still lose the game.

That means deadi body get accident
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by wonlasewonimi: 5:52pm On Mar 04, 2013
dayokanu:

Ohun a ni lan gbe laruge (translate that)--

At all at all na him bad pass, If dem no get Ronaldo and Ozil at least dem get Diaby and Gervinho

Well Spurs has the more difficult schedule. But if I were Wenger I would just abandon the Munich trip and concentrate on the league.

What good would it do if Cazorla and Wilshere get knackered in Munich and still lose the game.

That means deadi body get accident

Whatever we have we carry on aruge cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sirwebs(m): 8:36pm On Mar 04, 2013
Miracle fit happen for Arena. Deadi body get accident, dead person wake up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 11:02pm On Mar 05, 2013
Nawao...United out of the Champ's league before Arsenal...omase o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 3:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
Abeg, all of una wey dey wish for a finish outside the top 4, be kiafull' with your wishes o. As much as I want to see changes, I don't want to have it catalysed by relegation to Thursday night football; tufia !! I can't possibly cope with that. What if we get there and get stuck like Liverpool who still can't climb out of the bucket despite all the money spent and coaches recycled.

And who ever said our europa league predicarment guarantees a spending spree, I suspect Wenger will just set that as his new low-standard, yearly target/trophy -playing in 'Europe' (UCL and Europa, all na Europe). That man is just mysteriously unpredictable.

And even more mysterious to me is , what exactly Wenger does in the dugout :
- He doesn't seem to watch or read games from there (I don't see how a coach watching his team play could have subbed Jenks on Sunday or Rosicky against Blackburn)
- He doesn't dish out instructions that much from the touchline, even when his players are goofing around.

Midfield held it down on Sunday, strikers Theo and Giroud didn't show up and defenders were just horrible. SMH for Vermaelen - Captain and commander-in-chief of the defence.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2013
The Young 'Uns just qualified for the Next Gen series quarters by beating InterMilan in Italy...congrats!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
@kaydee, the only thing that's gonna change the status quo is rock bottom and I mean serious rock bottom like coming 7th or worse. With no champs league revenue and missing bums at the Emirates maybe the diabolic due of Satan Kroenke (copyright Debo) and Angina bloody Wonker will effing get the message. I had no problems with the Ijebu policy when the stadium was being built, prudence really was required but now I just don't get it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:56pm On Mar 06, 2013
^^ Be careful what you wish for.

Na so Liverpool fans curse Beni beni and Hicks & Gillet till they crashed out of the CL and have remained out of the competition since then. Yes they don't have the stadium Arsenal has, but if it can happen to a team as 'big' as Liverpool, don't think it can't happen to Arsenal too.

We might simply have to endure till 2014 because I don't think Wenger will sign another contract as things stand. . . .unless of course he pulls CL footie out of the hat again this season. grin

Funny enough, people were praising Satan Kroenke when he bought the club for being the type of person that won't interfere in the football side of things, now peeps are criticising him for not interfering. You can't please human beings. grin

I'm 100% behind the team and hope we do get into the CL - it is not and cannot be good for the club to go backwards - we might just be unable to go forwards for a long while.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 9:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
Where is Duduspace in all of these?

He needs to come and tell us what happened to all his financial projections and fanshare
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
^^ He is waiting for the Arabs to buy Arsenal so he can cash in biiig on his 0.000001% shareholding. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
debosky: ^^ Be careful what you wish for.

Na so Liverpool fans curse Beni beni and Hicks & Gillet till they crashed out of the CL and have remained out of the competition since then. Yes they don't have the stadium Arsenal has, but if it can happen to a team as 'big' as Liverpool, don't think it can't happen to Arsenal too.

I have heard this argument from my hubby many times, shame the folks at the helms appear to be bent on reaching rock bottom before doing what is needed. What's the worst that would happen? We, the fans will continue in our 'payinkeke' as DK would say and the club will continue in its downward spiral until Satan Kroenke decides to cash out and the Liverpool situation which we so badly want to avoid will confront us.

We might simply have to endure till 2014 because I don't think Wenger will sign another contract as things stand. . . .unless of course he pulls CL footie out of the hat again this season. grin

I used to love Arsene, as far as I was concerned he was the best thing since slice bread but the man has gone senile.

Funny enough, people were praising Satan Kroenke when he bought the club for being the type of person that won't interfere in the football side of things, now peeps are criticising him for not interfering. You can't please human beings. grin

If you believe this then I am married to Maradona grin

I'm 100% behind the team and hope we do get into the CL - it is not and cannot be good for the club to go backwards - we might just be unable to go forwards for a long while.

I am a fan and my beloved club is being run to the ground. If one season without CL footie is what it will take to wake up the slumbering coach and board, so be it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 10:53pm On Mar 06, 2013
what will haunt us wella is if spuds finish ahead of us, get the ucl spot and we go to europa embarassed

next week will be crazy . .2003 was a great year . . . ." i still believe . ." cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lwJyGHvVPg
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 11:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
mukina2: what will haunt us wella is if spuds finish ahead of us, get the ucl spot and we go to europa embarassed

next week will be crazy . .2003 was a great year . . . ." i still believe . ." cool

muki, i saw you rubbing it in last night and this morning that united lost. start praying arsenal don't lose any game for the rest of the season. if they do by accident, you are in soup. i would practically start a carnival on this thread.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 11:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
What is the big deal if you miss the UCL for a season or two? For starters no one would notice Arsenal's absence grin grin
Secondly bigger clubs have missed the competition and returned eventually
Milan,Bayern,Liverpool,Barca,Ajax,Juve,Dortmund have all missed the UCL but they eventually retool and come back stronger! You guys are not even genuine contenders and have never been at any point in time. Qualifying 100 times in a row would not make you a big club if you don't win it eventually so why not stoop to conquer?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 12:43am On Mar 07, 2013
naijababe: @kaydee, the only thing that's gonna change the status quo is rock bottom and I mean serious rock bottom like coming 7th or worse. With no champs league revenue and missing bums at the Emirates maybe the diabolic due of Satan Kroenke (copyright Debo) and Angina bloody Wonker will effing get the message. I had no problems with the Ijebu policy when the stadium was being built, prudence really was required but now I just don't get it.
naijababe: I have heard this argument from my hubby many times, shame the folks at the helms appear to be bent on reaching rock bottom before doing what is needed. What's the worst that would happen? We, the fans will continue in our 'payinkeke' as DK would say and the club will continue in its downward spiral until Satan Kroenke decides to cash out and the Liverpool situation which we so badly want to avoid will confront us.

Lol @ "Satan Kroenke"; was that a typo abi na so you hate the guy reach ?

Babe !! there's no guarantee that 'rock-bottom' will budge the shameless board. All wenger and his croonies have to do is keep lowering the standard to satisfy their ambitions. If we fail to qualify, the new story oozing from the boardroom then becomes "we don't have as much money as before and we don't have CL football so we can't attract quality players".

Now, our trophy is 4th place/a UCL spot *unfortunately* angry sad and I'll rather hold on to that while hoping for a change than throw it all away and maybe, cross the point of no return like the Scousers on Anfield road. At least with UCL footie, we can still deceive convince some 'top' players to come join us grin grin .

Who even defines what the rock-bottom status is ?
There was a time coming 4th would have been considered abysmal rock-bottom situation by Arsenal fans but today, it's a trophy. *In Arsene we rust* grin grin

Abeg make una no pray bad prayer for Arsenal before we find ourselves swimming in relegation waters searching for rock-bottom or bottom rock grin .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 1:09am On Mar 07, 2013
I don't know why people keep referring to Liverpool as if some other clubs have not experienced going out of Champ's Lge only to return and still do well. Some were even relegated and are now doing better than Arsenal in the competition.

Abeg, if we deserve to come 5th, so be it. Maybe that's our level. Thursday Night footie will only make the week more exciting jare. Imagine watching Madrid v. ManU on Tuesday, PSG v. Valencia on Wednesday then Arsenal vs Dynamo Kiev on Thursday cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 1:18am On Mar 07, 2013
^^^
cos Liverpool is the most recent case study; an example of one that fell off and can't seem to get back up. Times have changed and it's getting tighter at the top, if we drop out, we may get lucky and crawl right back into it or we may stay down for a veryyyyyyyy long time. Who knows.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:56am On Mar 07, 2013
i see you folks still have'nt seen beyond this "wenger is still a good coach" myth.

from all y'all saying, its clear you all still regard the man as being a top coach.

truth is the only reason some are scared of ending out of top 4 and being like liverpool is that you know deep down that it is not possible for wenger to bring the team back up.

unless you are in denial, you know this!!!

All these grand delusions. for what its worth i will repeat this again, over the last 8 years coaches who are regarded as not being as knowledgeable as wenger, not had as much experience, and have much less resources than wenger have managed to win something. the odd trophy here and there over the years would have eased the pressure on the club a lot.

u all keep making excuses for the man, favorite one is "money". examples litter the world of football that belie this myth. its a factor BUT ITS NOT A VALID REASON FOR 8 YEARS OF FAILURE IN [size=14pt]ALL[/size] COMPS!!

Que Sera Sera. like i'v said countless times, Arsenal is like the rock, it aint going nowhere. na wenger go go.

Anyway, God forbid but if the man drops dead today, no one else will coach arsenal successfully?

this was how dudu and debosky kept peddling that myth that the board before Stan could not be changed because they were the only ones who know how to run arsenal football club
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 9:41am On Mar 07, 2013
4llerbuntu: i see you folks still have'nt seen beyond this "wenger is still a good coach" myth.

from all y'all saying, its clear you all still regard the man as being a top coach.

Wenger is a good coach. Whether he is a 'top' coach is what is in doubt. Is he good enough to win the EPL at the moment? Probably not.

truth is the only reason some are scared of ending out of top 4 and being like liverpool is that you know deep down that it is not possible for wenger to bring the team back up.

unless you are in denial, you know this!!!

This is not true - the fear is that nothing will happen at board/owner level to reverse the decline. Wenger isn't the one sitting on £123m cash reserves - it's the board/owner. If we trusted the board/owner to take the necessary steps if we dropped, then that would be a different case.

If I was confident the board/owner had the cojones to hire a competent replacement, I'd ask for Wenger to be sacked in the summer.

All these grand delusions. for what its worth i will repeat this again, over the last 8 years coaches who are regarded as not being as knowledgeable as wenger, not had as much experience, and have much less resources than wenger have managed to win something.

No one is denying this - however, Wenger, even at his title winning 'prime' didn't win the CC - does that mean he wasn't a good/top coach then as well? cheesy

the odd trophy here and there over the years would have eased the pressure on the club a lot.

I don't think so - it may have made you feel better that we have won a 'trophy', but that's all. Please tell me who remembers that Dalglish/Liverpool won the CC last season? Or what benefit has it provided to them this season?

u all keep making excuses for the man, favorite one is "money". examples litter the world of football that belie this myth. its a factor BUT ITS NOT A VALID REASON FOR 8 YEARS OF FAILURE IN [size=14pt]ALL[/size] COMPS!!

We are talking about the CL here. Winning the FA Cup or CC doesn't get you in the CL last I checked. I know you like the 'lump it together' type debate, but there's time for that later.

this was how dudu and debosky kept peddling that myth that the board before Stan could not be changed because they were the only ones who know how to run arsenal football club

Where did I ever say such a thing? Or are you going senile?

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.