Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,656 members, 7,862,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:07 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2360700 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 12:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
We no dey learn. Ive been screaming that JW10 needs rest. Playing him game after game isn't the best. We almost ruined his career two seasons ago and we didn't learn from that. Hopefully, this injury would be short term. Are we now not forced to rest him?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
Wilshere ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 12:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
Wilshere ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 2:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
edoyad: Wilshere ?
Yup. Out for a few weeks.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 2:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
proudlysports: We no dey learn. Ive been screaming that JW10 needs rest. Playing him game after game isn't the best. We almost ruined his career two seasons ago and we didn't learn from that. Hopefully, this injury would be short term. Are we now not forced to rest him?

I don't quite agree with you - yes he needs rest, but I don't think he's been overplayed. He was rested against Blackburn was he not? He's also had a 'rest' this weekend due to the rescheduled Everton game.

There's nothing to indicate this injury is as a result of 'overplaying' Wilshere, so I'd be hesitant to reach that conclusion. Yes he has played a lot of games, but that's what he's paid for.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 4:36pm On Mar 12, 2013
A-40:

Why is Wilshere playing truancy? He was supposed to get another lesson in the art of attacking and central midfield play

if na you nko? Who go wan that kain schooling again. I wont be surprised if Sagna, Cazorla, Podudski etc all pull out
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 4:53pm On Mar 12, 2013
dayokanu:

if na you nko? Who go wan that kain schooling again. I wont be surprised if Sagna, Cazorla, Podudski etc all pull out
I heard Sagna is out sef! English press and the way they keep hyping Wilshere just dey irritate me I swear! Like say if e play e for do something
Person wey no fit lace boot of small small boys like Gotze,Draxler,Sharawy e.t.c
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2013
A-40:

I heard Sagna is out sef! English press and the way they keep hyping Wilshere just dey irritate me I swear! Like say if e play e for do something
Person wey no fit lace boot of small small boys like Gotze,Draxler,Sharawy e.t.c

Wilshere cant even lace Alabas boots if played in midfield. In the Bundesliga I can give 10 players who are better than Wilshere and around the same age

Wilshere ko Wheelchair ni. If he was in bayern there is no way he would make first 11
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 7:18pm On Mar 12, 2013
debosky:

I don't quite agree with you - yes he needs rest, but I don't think he's been overplayed. He was rested against Blackburn was he not? He's also had a 'rest' this weekend due to the rescheduled Everton game.

There's nothing to indicate this injury is as a result of 'overplaying' Wilshere, so I'd be hesitant to reach that conclusion. Yes he has played a lot of games, but that's what he's paid for.
Wilshere didn't play against Blackburn because he wasn't fit.

For a player playing his first full season after more than a year out, one would have thought we'ld be a bit careful with him.
So far, since his return in October he's played 30 games for club and country already! (29 out of 30 possible games for Arsenal and 1 for England) Even Wocjciech who is our regular no 1 has not played as many games. We definitely didn't need to play him that much considering we had Rosicky back from injury and Diaby coming on and off.

Whilst I can't definitely say his current injury is as a result to the high number of games he has played, I will refer back to his last injury where even AW admitted his injury we overplayed him. And yes, he's been paid to play, but are we not now forced to rest him? Especially now that we cannot afford to drop too many points?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 7:27pm On Mar 12, 2013
proudlysports:
Wilshere didn't play against Blackburn because he wasn't fit.

And you know this how? Was Cazorla also unfit for not starting that game or intentionally rested?

For a player playing his first full season after more than a year out, one would have thought we'ld be a bit careful with him.
So far, since his return in October he's played 30 games for club and country already! (29 out of 30 possible games for Arsenal and 1 for England) Even Wocjciech who is our regular no 1 has not played as many games. We definitely didn't need to play him that much considering we had Rosicky back from injury and Diaby coming on and off.

Yeah right - and we saw the match winning performances that Diaby and Rozzi pulled off in that period eh? Or you think Wenger just wanted to play him for the fun of it? undecided

I am certain the technical team was studying his data to see if he was due a rest anyway - There's nothing to indicate that he was overplayed.

Whilst I can't definitely say his current injury is as a result to the high number of games he has played, I will refer back to his last injury where even AW admitted his injury we overplayed him. And yes, he's been paid to play, but are we not now forced to rest him? Especially now that we cannot afford to drop too many points?

Like I said, Wenger hasn't said we overplayed him and this is a different injury altogether. And as for the argument that we can't afford to drop points, it could be argued that we would've been in an even worse position if he missed those games that he played. Besides, this is the optimum time for him to be missing - he will only miss one league game against Swansea.

He is out and we will have to deal with it. Simple.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
Good job Gala. cool

Draxler ko, stapler ni. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 11:23pm On Mar 12, 2013
debosky: Good job Gala. cool

grin grin
Didier, Destroyer of German Dreams
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 11:42pm On Mar 12, 2013
debosky:

And you know this how? Was Cazorla also unfit for not starting that game or intentionally rested?
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2012-13/feb/fa-cup-fifth-round-preview-150213.html

debosky:
Yeah right - and we saw the match winning performances that Diaby and Rozzi pulled off in that period eh? Or you think Wenger just wanted to play him for the fun of it? undecided

I am certain the technical team was studying his data to see if he was due a rest anyway - There's nothing to indicate that he was overplayed.
Same way they studied his data to know if he was due rest in 2011. Maybe we need to redefine the word overplay. A player just back from 14 month injury lay off plays 29 out of 30 games. I wonder what overplay means especially considering he is off again.

debosky:
Like I said, Wenger hasn't said we overplayed him and this is a different injury altogether.
Before Wilshere finally got injured in 2011, Arsene voiced his fear on the number of games JW10 would potentially feature in that season
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/apr/02/jack-wilshere-arsene-wenger
Wenger featured Wilshere in 49 games that season. Add that to 5 he played for England that's 54 games in one season. That's despite AW saying Jack's fitness level was in the red zone.
I wonder what saying a player is 'in the red zone' means?

The injury in 2011 was first described as an 'ankle inflammation'. This one is also an 'ankle inflammation'. I pray with all my heart it doesn't end up with similar consequences but why, like every other thing at Arsenal, why can we not learn from past mistakes?

debosky:
And as for the argument that we can't afford to drop points, it could be argued that we would've been in an even worse position if he missed those games that he played.
We don't need Wlshere to win every league, FA, CC game. Rosicky has done very well in games he's played this season.

debosky:
Besides, this is the optimum time for him to be missing - he will only miss one league game against Swansea.
I hope and pray its only a game.

debosky:
He is out and we will have to deal with it. Simple.
Of course We have no choice but to deal with it. Its not learning from past mistakes that's wrong. There's a name they call doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 12:29am On Mar 13, 2013

How Galatasaray victory take affect Arsenal? Gala ko shawarma ni
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 1:34am On Mar 13, 2013

You mean they would allow Arsenal qualify?

When people say Arsenal are the most deluded fans worldwide

The same people who rolled out drums when Fabregas won EUros as a sub or

Celebrated Chelsea wnning the CL
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 1:47am On Mar 13, 2013
Dayo have u got a Bet with Debo on tonite's game?

Heard he's been avoiding ur Calls and mails grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 1:55am On Mar 13, 2013
Shey anyone wan bet?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 1:55am On Mar 13, 2013
[size=14pt]My GAYYner friends How market?

How are you preparing for todays game in Munich.

I heard you have been on an unbeaten run since last week and would be coming to Munich with that run.

Incase anyone is interested in staking money I dey ready oo.

$100 Bayern win on Wednesday, $100 Bayern eliminates Arsenal and Another $100 Bayern win by at least 2 goal margin

Any of these bets you are interested in taking let me know

TENTNHUNNTER abi how una dey take talk am?[/size]

Coogar dont forget come and stake your money any amount you want
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:33am On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:

He staked that Arsenal would eliminate Bayern and thats still on

C'mon Debo, am yet to pay up my fees at School and here u are, ready to dash doughs to Dayo - Eva heard of Economic recession? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 2:40am On Mar 13, 2013
Anyone still interested State $100 to win $200.

I stake $200 vs anyones $100

Bayern eliminates Arsenal

Is any GAYYner bold enough?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 9:12am On Mar 13, 2013
Liver no dey to bet before the first leg na after the beating u expect make ninjas come bet?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by RuuDie(m): 10:43am On Mar 13, 2013
Impossible is nothing...BELIEVE!

Come On You Gunners!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by chamotex(m): 10:45am On Mar 13, 2013
Any more bets?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:47am On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu:
You mean they would allow Arsenal qualify?

When people say Arsenal are the most deluded fans worldwide

The same people who rolled out drums when Fabregas won EUros as a sub or

Celebrated Chelsea wnning the CL

Schalke is a useless club, which is what I am celebrating. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:48am On Mar 13, 2013
El Guapo:

C'mon Debo, am yet to pay up my fees at School and here u are, ready to dash doughs to Dayo - Eva heard of Economic recession? grin

How much are your school fees? Speak to mukina2 (she is my PA) so we can consider your case. cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 13, 2013
grin grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2013
So Szczesny is out of today's game. Sounds good to me though I wish we had played Fabianski in some games (asides U21 games) before today.
We may also see Andre Arshavin at some point today. Gibbs is back too.

Is 3-0 win possible in Germany? Yes it is. Can we achieve it? Wait till 9.30pm.
My prediction? 3 - 1 in favor of Arsenal. Game will go into extra time.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2013
proudlysports: So Szczesny is out of today's game. Sounds good to me though I wish we had played Fabianski in some games (asides U21 games) before today.
We may also see Andre Arshavin at some point today. Gibbs is back too.

Is 3-0 win possible in Germany? Yes it is. Can we achieve it? Wait till 9.30pm.
My prediction? 3 - 1 in favor of Arsenal. Game will go into extra time

If una no chop another 2 today, make I bend...

Possible my nyash.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 1:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
neville's brilliant analysis on the spurs game....this is top punditry at it's very best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKm85q3t6bQ

watch this before sky removes it.
either side could have won the game but ramsey, wilshere and cazorla were wasteful with their throughballs. both sides defended in a similar version but spurs were more incisive and more intricate.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by nitlad: 1:36pm On Mar 13, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.