Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,300 members, 7,867,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:20 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2366680 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) ... (3554) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:50am On Sep 03, 2021
The all for nothing series is becoming a disaster, especially after a bad start to the season.
The players are complaining they are not comfortable with cameras following them around training, odeegaard is the latest to complain

Can they ever make good decisions in this club angry

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:43am On Sep 03, 2021
afrodoc2:

The new Jack Wilshere. Hopefully his own body holds up. Avoiding alcohol and sliding tackles will go a long way.
...and calming down too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:58am On Sep 03, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Baba, its like you're working on another Book which will be titled " Good defense ensures long term progress". cheesy.
I no get your kind strength o, I no trust any process embarassed
Arteta is a terrible tactician but he is a good marketer. The Brentford training game was a whet for fans.

Here's what trust the process means.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 03, 2021
Spy360:

Arteta is a terrible tactician but he is a good marketer. The Brentford training game was a whet for fans.

Here's what trust the process means.

Abeg delete this thing

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 10:02am On Sep 03, 2021
Spy360:

...and calming down too.

Does he have an attitude problem?

Patino and Azeez double pivot could be the way to go for you guys down the line. Smith-Rowe at CAM in front of them.

Your midfield problems will soon be over. Hope 2024 cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:23am On Sep 03, 2021
Sergier Aurier is interested in joining Arsenal as he wishes to remain in London after leaving Tottenham.

Me: I won't mind more defenders lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:27am On Sep 03, 2021
afrodoc2:

Patino and Azeez double pivot could be the way to go for you guys down the line. Smith-Rowe at CAM in front of them.

The hype around him is becoming too much similar to what happened with Wilshere. He needs to avoid such distractions.

Their partnership is something to savour. They have been playing together for quite sometime now. Let's be patient though.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:30am On Sep 03, 2021
Fkhalifa:
Sergier Aurier is interested in joining Arsenal as he wishes to remain in London after leaving Tottenham.

He miss road?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:59am On Sep 03, 2021
afrodoc2:

The new Jack Wilshere. Hopefully his own body holds up. Avoiding alcohol and sliding tackles will go a long way.

From what I have seen, Patino is quite talented, I have been raving about him and have followed him closely since last year. Patino still needs to buildup some muscles, just a little, very little because he appears frail. A loan spell with a team where he can get heavy minutes will be next step. I like what Per is doing with the kids at the academy. There is a patient and conscious progression in their technical skills..

As for alcohol, he looks level headed, patient and carries himself well. Patino is a deep lying playmaker and I have not seen him get into heavy tackles or overzealous plays like JW did at that age.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:09am On Sep 03, 2021
afrodoc2:

Naaa.. He is doesn’t have that, if anything he is renowned for being level headed. I honestly will like to see Arsenal evolve past this double pivot system or use it with players who are technically gifted with the ball. The double pivot is too cautious and I have seen it hold teams back. I hope our next coach explores options other than the double pivot.

Patino/ Azeez will be interesting. While Azeez is ahead of the curve, Patino is right behind him, I mean very close. If both continue with their progression, I don’t see why they can’t make the senior squad as rotation players competing for the first 11. I will be keeping a close eye on Azeez at Portsmouth. I will like to see where coach Cowley uses him. Will he be used as a CM or an AM. All in all good vibes for both kids.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:10am On Sep 03, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Make I see Aurier near Emirates first! angry I go place bounty on top him head angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 11:11am On Sep 03, 2021
Roland17:

From what I have seen, Patino is quite talented, I have been raving about him and have followed him closely since last year. Patino still needs to buildup some muscles, just a little, very little because he appears frail. A loan spell with a team where he can get heavy minutes will be next step. I like what Per is doing with the kids at the academy. There is a patient and conscious progression in their technical skills..

As for alcohol, he looks level headed, patient and carries himself well. Patino is a deep lying playmaker and I have not seen him get into heavy tackles or overzealous plays like JW did at that age.

I like left footed playmaking CMs. That Wilshere waste still dey pain me. English players tend not to have sense. Patino's major stumbling block like you rightly mentioned would be his lack of physicality. He needs to hit the gym.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 11:24am On Sep 03, 2021
Roland17:

Naaa.. He is doesn’t have that, if anything he is renowned for being level headed. I honestly will like to see Arsenal evolve past this double pivot system or use it with players who are technically gifted with the ball. The double pivot is too cautious and I have seen it hold teams back. I hope our next coach explores options other than the double pivot.

Patino/ Azeez will be interesting. While Azeez is ahead of the curve, Patino is right behind him, I mean very close. If both continue with their progression, I don’t see why they can’t make the senior squad as rotation players competing for the first 11. I will be keeping a close eye on Azeez at Portsmouth. I will like to see where coach Cowley uses him. Will he be used as a CM or an AM. All in all good vibes for both kids.

I think Azeez is a CM. Stylistically reminds me of our own Mejbri even though i think Mejbri is better. From the little i have seen Patino is a better controller than Azeez and depends more on IQ, vision, spatial awareness but Azeez is the faster, stronger, more incisive player.

Man City's youth team is just filled with above average to potential world class players and they have no weakness unlike other teams where you would have 2-3 good players with the rest being average.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:25am On Sep 03, 2021
Spy360:

The hype around him is becoming too much similar to what happened with Wilshere. He needs to avoid such distractions.

Their partnership is something to savour. They have been playing together for quite sometime now. Let's be patient though.

I agree with you that the hype generated has become a tad much but you have to be aware that he did not create the hype, it’s an England thing. When I started raving about him in 2020, not a lot of people knew him but you are also right, he does control how the hype affects him and that is where Arsenal also come in.

While the positioning and results have not really being the best over the last 2-3 seasons now, Arsenal U23 under Per have done a better job at not only honing the skills of good prospects but expanding their skill set. He has also protected them from distractions and instilling some discipline win them.

It will be interesting to see how 2023/2024 shapes up for both players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 11:37am On Sep 03, 2021
afrodoc2:

I think Azeez is a CM. Stylistically reminds me of our own Mejbri even though i think Mejbri is better. From the little i have seen Patino is a better controller than Azeez and depends more on IQ, vision, spatial awareness but Azeez is the faster, stronger, more incisive player.

Man City's youth team is just filled with above average to potential world class players and they have no weakness unlike other teams where you would have 2-3 good players with the rest being average.

Azeez only bulked up after last season. He was just as frail looking as Patino earlier, maybe not as much as Patino but there was a conscious effort to bulk him up to what he looks like right now. As far as positions go, Azeez is a CM but I can see a progression into an AM if asked to at Portsmouth. Mejbri already has a decent size, can hold his own defensively and I like his vision on the ball. Shouldn’t United be thinking of a loan for Mejbri at this point? I guess maybe next year.

I am trying to be careful when I compare Azeez and Patino and that is why I always say Azeez is slightly ahead of the curve, especially since he is now on loan but my head tells me differently. Azeez has the size now and is quite dangerous inside or around the box because of his shooting.

Patino’s technique on the ball is gracious to watch and he also sees things faster than his peers who play the same position and is able to break out of bad situations very well.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2021
Roland17:

Azeez only bulked up after last season. He was just as frail looking as Patino earlier, maybe not as much as Patino but there was a conscious effort to bulk him up to what he looks like right now. As far as positions go, Azeez is a CM but I can see a progression into an AM if asked to at Portsmouth. Mejbri already has a decent size, can hold his own defensively and I like his vision on the ball. Shouldn’t United be thinking of a loan for Mejbri at this point? I guess maybe next year.

I am trying to be careful when I compare Azeez and Patino and that is why I always say Azeez is slightly ahead of the curve, especially since he is now on loan but my head tells me differently. Azeez has the size now and is quite dangerous inside or around the box because of his shooting.

Patino’s technique on the ball is gracious to watch and he also sees things faster than his peers who play the same position and is able to break out of bad situations very well.

I am not sure Mejbri will ever go on loan. He might make the direct move just like Greenwood.

Yeah I agree with you about Patino seeing things fast which is why I said he has high IQ.

Most of the top teams have 2 or 3 talents in the youth set ups that have real potential. It’s all about opportunity, luck, timing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2021
Roland17:

I agree with you that the hype generated has become a tad much but you have to be aware that he did not create the hype, it’s an England thing. When I started raving about him in 2020, not a lot of people knew him but you are also right, he does control how the hype affects him and that is where Arsenal also come in.

While the positioning and results have not really being the best over the last 2-3 seasons now, Arsenal U23 under Per have done a better job at not only honing the skills of good prospects but expanding their skill set. He has also protected them from distractions and instilling some discipline win them.

It will be interesting to see how 2023/2024 shapes up for both players.
It was you who actually first drew my attention towards him a couple of years ago. You have that eye, I must confess.

Can Per transition into the first team? His lads tend to do well. Check out Omari Hutchinson, Taylor Hart etc. He's like a Wenger, that cool headed off the spotlight father figure that nurtures talent.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2021
That's why I agreed with wengay when he called out th14, he was supposed to be looking for talents in our youth setup instead he was doing double agent in pundit criticising the system you are into and coaching
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:33pm On Sep 03, 2021
Spy360:

It was you who actually first drew my attention towards him a couple of years ago. You have that eye, I must confess.

Can Per transition into the first team? His lads tend to do well. Check out Omari Hutchinson, Taylor Hart etc. He's like a Wenger, that cool headed off the spotlight father figure that nurtures talent.

Nwanne, thanks..
Per is doing a terrific job with these young core. Since he became the manager of the entire Hale End Academy, we have witnessed a significant progress in the type of players that are coming through.
He has been actively involved in Azeez/ Patino and yes, Taylor Hart who I mentioned last season. The thing I enjoy most about Per is that he is expanding the skill set of the players coming through especially the U-18s.
I don’t know if he is built for the first team. He has the perfect temperament for these kids. He is patient with them but I hear he quite disciplined when it comes to expectations. The kids also feel comfortable with him and trust him because he has a huge influence on them.
Transitioning to first team may dim his effectiveness because he would only become an assistant and that takes away his direct work at the academy. I will leave him to continue to run the academy and see players through. Who knows, down the lane he can become a Technical Director..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:38pm On Sep 03, 2021
iamoyindamola:
That's why I agreed with wengay when he called out th14, he was supposed to be looking for talents in our youth setup instead he was doing double agent in pundit criticising the system you are into and coaching

TH14 wants to remain in in the limelight. Going to the academy may take him away from the bright lights and can even become a distraction for the academy because of his status/ personality. He is doing a good job with Belgium.. I know he was involved with the Lokonga transfer. But he has to be patient and decide if coaching is his long term goal. No be one day you be coach another day you be pundit.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Barryseal: 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2021
Found this thread interesting. The so called Arteta proccess could be game changing if it clicks. Like he has a choice.
https://twitter.com/nonewthing/status/1433517573241516032?s=19
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:59pm On Sep 03, 2021
Roland17:

TH14 wants to remain in in the limelight. Going to the academy may take him away from the bright lights and can even become a distraction for the academy because of his status/ personality. He is doing a good job with Belgium.. I know he was involved with the Lokonga transfer. But he has to be patient and decide if coaching is his long term goal. No be one day you be coach another day you be pundit.
I don't think he knows what he want at the moment
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2021
Barryseal:
Found this thread interesting. The so called Arteta proccess could be game changing if it clicks. Like he has a choice.
https://twitter.com/nonewthing/status/1433517573241516032?s=19

True, the Positional Play / Juego De Posicion - JDP is believed to be the present and future of modern football pattern of play, and many successful football clubs are dedicated to the ideas of positional play. Problem is that it requires very intelligent and disciplined players to execute... being just skillful is not enough.

Many people know that this is what Arteta is trying to implement at Arsenal, but the BIG question is whether Arteta has enough knowledge and temperament required to successfully execute it. I would have preferred a more experienced coach that has successfully implemented it, not a rookie. Arsenal is too big to be a learning and experiment ground for a Trainee coach. But he is here now, so for the love of Arsenal, I pray he succeeds with it or he gets out fast.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 7:57am On Sep 04, 2021
Spy360:

Liverpool had Salah, Mane and Firmino but could not WIN THE LEAGUE until they bought VVD and Allison. Who was their POTS? A defender.

Man City won the league last season without a striker. Guess who was their player of the season? A defender.

Defense wins you league. cool

The emboldened is your problem.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:26am On Sep 04, 2021
Spy360:

Liverpool had Salah, Mane and Firmino but could not win the league until they bought VVD and Allison. Who was their POTS? A defender.

Man City won the league last season without a striker. Guess who was their player of the season? A defender.

Defense wins you league. cool

The bolded is a big false.

Also Manchester city won the premier league last season. The EPL player of the season is a midfielder from man city.

With your examples, defence wins you league in da mud!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 11:40am On Sep 04, 2021
Hmmm just read Edu's interview with sky sports. What I can deduce from it and as mentioned by someone here is that Mikel as the manager is filling some huge boots which obviously he cannot handle.

No wonder the on pitch performances are suffering and in truth he either needs to focus on being the first team coach or manager but not both.

And whoever gave him so much powers in his rookie career in a huge institution such as Arsenal should have questions to answer.

All in all we just need to hope he gets it right and if not , to get someone else asap
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:02pm On Sep 04, 2021
Jencejyde:
Hmmm just read Edu's interview with sky sports. What I can deduce from it and as mentioned by someone here is that Mikel as the manager is filling some huge boots which obviously he cannot handle.

No wonder the on pitch performances are suffering and in truth he either needs to focus on being the first team coach or manager but not both.

And whoever gave him so much powers in his rookie career in a huge institution such as Arsenal should have questions to answer.

All in all we just need to hope he gets it right and if not , to get someone else asap
I thought he's head coach not manager
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:03pm On Sep 04, 2021
iamoyindamola:

I thought he's head coach not manager
Pure manager.
He was promoted to manager after his fa cup win
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2021
Jodera:
Pure manager.
He was promoted to manager after his fa cup win
Ha shocked
Who the fvck did that
And coincidentally it went from bad to worse
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Ha shocked
Who the fvck did that
And coincidentally it went from bad to worse
Lol... I swear.
It was that fa cup that gave Arteta all these power he had presently. I guess beating Guardiola with a clean sheet and defeating Chelsea to clinch the fa cup was the assurance the club needed to know they've gotten the next big coach. grin

Before the new season started, the promoted him from head coach to Manager while giving him some kind of power even Emery no even smell cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:28pm On Sep 04, 2021
Akinbahm:

The emboldened is your problem.

How is it my problem? Before you answer please see the quoted post I responded to.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2021
Jodera:
The bolded is a big false.

Also Manchester city won the premier league last season. The EPL player of the season is a midfielder from man city.

With your examples, defence wins you league in da mud!!
Henderson (DM) was POTS when Liverpool won the league.

Ruben Dias (CB) for City when they won the league.

Instead of just refuting my claims, why don't you state yours.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) ... (3554) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.