Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,351 members, 7,839,620 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2342287 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) ... (3536) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:37pm On Sep 05, 2021
ObaIgwe1:

I later found out that it was Nketiah that threw spanners into the whole thing, including offer from C.Palace. The guy wants more money than what Brighton and Palace are willing to pay and he also prefers bigger clubs.

This is also the main reason he has refused to sign an extension with us... He wants more money than was proposed.

We cannot sell a player against his wishes. I just hope his agent is advising him right and I hope he will get better offer from bigger clubs when he walks out free from us at the end of the season.
Hmmm... Who is the agents of all these players sef? And is it that they(the players) don't have sense?

Which big club will be able to guarantee you playing time when you can hardly see that playing time at arsenal sef. And why do most players place money over playing time, knowing fully well that if/when they play well, the money will surely come.

Na wa ooo. Well he'll walk away free, Hopefully he get his wish.

Thanks for the info and enlightenment. I don dey too vex for the White Ben Amount and the news been further make me vex, but at least I know the main issue now
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:43pm On Sep 05, 2021
Spy360:

I think they wanted a backup keeper who will eventually replace Leno (Leno seems to have agreed with the club to leave next season). They wanted a young British player who can play ball. Let's hope Ramsdale fits the bill. But he looked good in the Carabao cup.
Is it a legit news that Leno have agreed to leave the club next season, cos I've not read it anywhere sha.

If that's the case, I just hope ramsdale fits the bill and I hope we're able to command a substantial fee from Leno's head
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 1:44pm On Sep 05, 2021
paafin:
� Breaking news
Arsenal have been officially removed from the top 6 and are going to be replaced surely by Leicester City
Votes by the @FA and @PL have ranked Arsenal with 43% while Leicester City had 49%

The Top 8 teams stand as :
1.Man UTD with 87%
2. Man City with 85%
3. Chelsea with 74%
4. Liverpool with 72%
5. Tottenham Hotspur with 60%
6. Leicester City with 49%
7. Arsenal with 43%
8. West Ham UTD with 38%
But if Arsenal finish the season 8th or above they will regain their top 6 spot �
@optajoe

Lol.... let's be careful overhypying this present man united team, who dash them 87% over liverpool and man city cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2021
paafin:
� Breaking news
Arsenal have been officially removed from the top 6 and are going to be replaced surely by Leicester City
Votes by the @FA and @PL have ranked Arsenal with 43% while Leicester City had 49%

The Top 8 teams stand as :
1.Man UTD with 87%
2. Man City with 85%
3. Chelsea with 74%
4. Liverpool with 72%
5. Tottenham Hotspur with 60%
6. Leicester City with 49%
7. Arsenal with 43%
8. West Ham UTD with 38%
But if Arsenal finish the season 8th or above they will regain their top 6 spot �
@optajoe
Just a season we didn't make Europe, we don officially comot for top 6 grin
Like we're the first big club that didn't make top 6 in EPL.

This news is as false as lai Mohammed speech

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2021
kodded:

Lol.... let's be careful overhypying this present man united team, who dash them 87% over liverpool and man city cheesy
Na lie sef.

Who vote? Him say na @pl and @fa. Who are they? Like clubs will just come together to vote such nonsense abi fa no see work do than to setup votes for such nonsense abi?? grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 1:56pm On Sep 05, 2021
Jodera:
Is it a legit news that Leno have agreed to leave the club next season, cos I've not read it anywhere sha.

If that's the case, I just hope ramsdale fits the bill and I hope we're able to command a substantial fee from Leno's head

I bet leno will leave for cheap just like every arsenal player this past transfer window.

Edu is the worst Technical director the club has witnessed, his partnership with Arteta is the sole reason why we are languishing in the bottom of the league with little or no improvement into the first team squad.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2021
Jodera:
Na lie sef.

Who vote? Him say na @pl and @fa. Who are they? Like clubs will just come together to vote such nonsense abi fa no see work do than to setup votes for such nonsense abi?? grin
the ranking get as e be o

How can man united be above mancity and Liverpool ?

Like, what kind of sorcery is that
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:11pm On Sep 05, 2021
kodded:

I bet leno will leave for cheap just like every arsenal player this past transfer window.

Edu is the worst Technical director the club has witnessed, his partnership with Arteta is the sole reason why we are languishing in the bottom of the league with little or no improvement into the first team squad.
Lol... The way the club dey take troway money eh grin

To think our biggest sale is still iwobi at 40m, even in this transfer market dat inflation full everywhere.

Like Ro.land once said, never have we seen a club do termination of contract like say na norm. And na this edu start everything. Gazidis own na free outgoing transfer. How this club no go run down kwanu??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2021
kodded:
the ranking get as e be o

How can man united be above mancity and Liverpool ?

Like, what kind of sorcery is that
Na C.Ronaldo sorcery na cheesy

E sure me say na man u fan sit down compile dat thing grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2021
Spy360:

Lol @ economist but you are right.

Its my opinion that players in a team should be categorised as either attackers or defenders. So when I say defense it includes DM, or when I say attack it includes AM and wingers.

Some people categorise into defense, midfield and attack. Depends.
OK..I get you now bro
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:44pm On Sep 05, 2021
Akinbahm:

We didn't neglect the midfield in fact if you follow our arguments u will know before the attack must click they must be strong connection between the midfielders and the attackers.

That's why we opposed the view of defence first before the attack and sighted example when both the midfielders and attackers do their job respectively defenders will flex at the back and we cited Arsenal of invincible, Man city, Barcelona, Bayern, Liverpool, PSG and Leicester of 2016 those aforementioned got deadly attack (midfield and attack connected) but lack defence.

Barcelona VS Bayern 8-2 it was so because Barça attack was blunt compared to Bayern own both team don't have defence.

PSG VS Man city last season 2-1 & 2-2. Man city was successfully because PSG attackers lost a lot of goals that would have burried the match in first half during first leg.

PSG VS Bayern despite Lewandoski not around PSG knew what faced them that night in fact I will say LUCK on their side second leg. Thats is another example if your attackers (midfield and attack connected) are deadly forget about it.

Chelsea VS Man city. Kante stole the match and won the game for Chelsea because he made those defenders at the back to b on their feet by running against Man city players without any breathing space though their attack was dull (Werner and Havertz) if not by first half Chelsea should b celebrating with nth less than 4-0 ahead.

I rise my brother...
well said bro....you are spot on.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2021
Jodera:

Edu mentioned something that suggested it during the last interview. You can check it out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:30pm On Sep 05, 2021
Jodera:
Hmmm... Who is the agents of all these players sef? And is it that they(the players) don't have sense?

Which big club will be able to guarantee you playing time when you can hardly see that playing time at arsenal sef. And why do most players place money over playing time, knowing fully well that if/when they play well, the money will surely come.

Na wa ooo. Well he'll walk away free, Hopefully he get his wish.

Thanks for the info and enlightenment. I don dey too vex for the White Ben Amount and the news been further make me vex, but at least I know the main issue now
I think Nketiah wants to stay at Arsenal but wants assurances that he will play. So he is using the deal as leverage. Bad agent like you said. But I am sure Arsenal will not allow him leave for free when there are suitors. He will either extend or choose one of the suitors.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 7:50pm On Sep 05, 2021
Fkhalifa:

100% on point.
An ambitious club thinking in the right direction would have splahed everything on Madison, Swap in Coutinho and bring in Draxler for free. I believe these are men who can take Arsenal further up.
Maddison is injury prone and a bit overhyped, Coutinho and Draxler are washed and on massive wages.
We need to go to Lyon and pick up one of Aouar, Caqueret and Bruno G.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:33pm On Sep 05, 2021
Happy 20th Birthday to B. Saka. Despite the rapid rise, you have remained focused and level headed in your pursuit of greatness.
The next 2 years are going to be vital for your progression.. All the best, you know you have one of your biggest fans here!
It is only fitting that he scored and recorded an assist on his birthday!

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lordfave98: 8:43pm On Sep 05, 2021
Jodera:
I've always said we need to improve our midfield and attack, not just attack. No matter how we wanna look at this window, it's a failure.

Except Pepe improves drastically, we don't have anyone aside Auba that can give us 15+ league goals.

Except Odegaard and/or ESR add goals to their games, we don't have any midfielders that can give us 10+ league goals.

The only defender that always look like scoring is Gabriel (excluding White and Tomi who are new signings).

If you add all these things together and you still feel we try for this transfer window, then lemme just say sorry for us cheesy
On point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:15am On Sep 06, 2021
Jodera:
I've always said we need to improve our midfield and attack, not just attack. No matter how we wanna look at this window, it's a failure.

Except Pepe improves drastically, we don't have anyone aside Auba that can give us 15+ league goals.

Except Odegaard and/or ESR add goals to their games, we don't have any midfielders that can give us 10+ league goals.

The only defender that always look like scoring is Gabriel (excluding White and Tomi who are new signings).

If you add all these things together and you still feel we try for this transfer window, then lemme just say sorry for us cheesy
You cannot conclude that it's a failure until we see the team play. Edu and Arteta have until Jan to prove not Sep.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:22am On Sep 06, 2021
Spy360:

I think Nketiah wants to stay at Arsenal but wants assurances that he will play. So he is using the deal as leverage. Bad agent like you said. But I am sure Arsenal will not allow him leave for free when there are suitors. He will either extend or choose one of the suitors.
Shey he's in the last year of his contract? Lol
We go see who go force am extend if he wants to leave for free. You're even forgetting arsenal have a history of allowing players leave for free
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:25am On Sep 06, 2021
Spy360:

You cannot conclude that it's a failure until we see the team play. Edu and Arteta have until Jan to prove not Sep.
Till January? grin
We should just kukuma give dem this season to see whether this transfer window is a failure or not na grin

By November any team needs to know what's up with their signing highest
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:11am On Sep 06, 2021
Jodera:
Till January? grin
We should just kukuma give dem this season to see whether this transfer window is a failure or not na grin

By November any team needs to know what's up with their signing highest
By Jan I mean the next transfer window. It's a different thing judging the performance of a coach and the strength of a team. It takes six months to judge if a team needs strengthening. That's why the TW is every six months.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:16am On Sep 06, 2021
Jodera:
Shey he's in the last year of his contract? Lol
We go see who go force am extend if he wants to leave for free. You're even forgetting arsenal have a history of allowing players leave for free
He can only leave for free it there are no suitors or if the both parties agree.

Sometimes a player may want to extend but the club doesn't want to. In that case the player can leave if he has demand elsewhere. The market is always driven by demand.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:44am On Sep 06, 2021
Spy360:

By Jan I mean the next transfer window. It's a different thing judging the performance of a coach and the strength of a team. It takes six months to judge if a team needs strengthening. That's why the TW is every six months.
I disagree with the bolded. Do you know what SIX whole months is? That's half a season o. How do you judge a good coach and team success in 6 months which is half of the season gone. Do you think others will wait let your team gel for 6months??

A good coach knows within 1-2 months what needs to be strengthened. To judge a team or signings to improve team(s), you need 2 playing months highest. Remember 2011/12 season after man u flog us 8-2, how we sharply bought players. The players bought improved us(from Arteta, to Santos to mertesacker). It didn't take 2 months not to talk of 6months. We even won Chelsea and Liverpool in their house t and won convincingly too before finishing 3rd. That's what good signing does.

If by mid-october, no big improvements in this team, then our transfer window is officially bad bad bad!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:56am On Sep 06, 2021
The kind people we find here have so much embrace failure we have to question their real life approach cos you can't tell me successful person will wait for 6 months after investing alot of money
Nawa oo grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:57am On Sep 06, 2021
Spy360:

He can only leave for free it there are no suitors or if the both parties agree.

Sometimes a player may want to extend but the club doesn't want to. In that case the player can leave if he has demand elsewhere. The market is always driven by demand.
You're forgetting that clubs are smarter nowadays. Who will sign a player wen they know they can get the player for free next year. Which player will sign an extension when he knows he can go to any clubs he feels he can go to an they know they can pay his wages cos he was gotten free. Unless you're telling me arsenal will put a gun to nketiah's head to sign a contract, I don't see him extending his contract. Just forget, nketiah and him agent don play us sense
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:03am On Sep 06, 2021
iamoyindamola:
The kind people we find here have so much embrace failure we have to question their real life approach cos you can't tell me successful person will wait for 6 months after investing alot of money
Nawa oo grin grin grin
Lol... grin cheesy

I had to re-read that his quote like 3 times to make sure I understand it well. Cos mehn I no wan believe say fans(for any top club) will wait for 6 months to judge a team after signing players. Only a dead, mediocre and ambitionless board will wait for even 4 months to judge a team that spent €138m to see weda it's a success or not.

Which Kain trust the process be that one?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... grin cheesy

I had to re-read that his quote like 3 times to make sure I understand it well. Cos mehn I no wan believe say fans(for any top club) will wait for 6 months to judge a team after signing players. Only a dead, mediocre and ambitionless board will wait for even 4 months to judge a team that spent €138m to see weda it's a success or not.

Which Kain trust the process be that one?
Kokane once asked him how he's faring real life cos most of his posts oozes failure, ambitionless etc
How can i invest and i can't know from the next month if i will gain or lose

Nawa once again grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:58am On Sep 06, 2021
Jodera:
I disagree with the bolded. Do you know what SIX whole months is? That's half a season o. How do you judge a good coach and team success in 6 months which is half of the season gone. Do you think others will wait let your team gel for 6months??

A good coach knows within 1-2 months what needs to be strengthened. To judge a team or signings to improve team(s), you need 2 playing months highest. Remember 2011/12 season after man u flog us 8-2, how we sharply bought players. The players bought improved us(from Arteta, to Santos to mertesacker). It didn't take 2 months not to talk of 6months. We even won Chelsea and Liverpool in their house t and won convincingly too before finishing 3rd. That's what good signing does.

If by mid-october, no big improvements in this team, then our transfer window is officially bad bad bad!!!
I am pretty sure you didn't follow through my post before reaching your conclusion.

Evaluating a coach is different from evaluating a squad. Coaches can be changed at anytime, but a squad cannot be changed at anytime. It takes six months in-between to change a squad. So by induction, a squad has six months to prove itself or rather a club has six months to prove that it had a successful window.
I mean that, irrespective of the coach, if a club's business in the TW is not good, they will have to wait for another six months to effect any corrections.
I hope I'm clear enough because this is simple logic.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2021
Jodera:
You're forgetting that clubs are smarter nowadays. Who will sign a player wen they know they can get the player for free next year. Which player will sign an extension when he knows he can go to any clubs he feels he can go to an they know they can pay his wages cos he was gotten free. Unless you're telling me arsenal will put a gun to nketiah's head to sign a contract, I don't see him extending his contract. Just forget, nketiah and him agent don play us sense
I will leave you to your thoughts but it's obvious you not spreading your tentacles of information. Many players do leave when they have a year left on their deals. MANY.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Kokane once asked him how he's faring real life cos most of his posts oozes failure, ambitionless etc
How can i invest and i can't know from the next month if i will gain or lose

Nawa once again grin grin
I am 101% sure you have never made an investment in your life.

Same goes to anyone who likes your post.

That's how you know the real failures. Not Those who invest and fail but those like you who never invest. Please look for the next transformer because you're approaching 40.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:05pm On Sep 06, 2021
Imagine somebody that SARS were after because of Yahoo Yahoo.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2021
Spy360:

I am pretty sure you didn't follow through my post before reaching your conclusion.

Evaluating a coach is different from evaluating a squad. Coaches can be changed at anytime, but a squad cannot be changed at anytime. It takes six months in-between to change a squad. So by induction, a squad has six months to prove itself or rather a club has six months to prove that it had a successful window.
I mean that, irrespective of the coach, if a club's business in the TW is not good, they will have to wait for another six months to effect any corrections.
I hope I'm clear enough.
Hmmm... Let's just disagree to agree on this
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Werey say yahoo yahoo

(1) (2) (3) ... (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) ... (3536) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.