Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,173 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2303944 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2343) (2344) (2345) (2346) (2347) (2348) (2349) ... (3482) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:20pm On Sep 26, 2021
What a save from Ramsdale.. He had no business saving that..

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2021
Roland17:

Alabosi! Shame no dey catch you! Pep use una do practice session yesterday. grin
He can beat us all season i no care, he can't beat that champions league comot for our hand again forever ..
Na chicken una useless gun fit kill .. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2021
Blueraydick you better find better seat belt for Leno
See save na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2021
An absolutely fantastic performance from the entire team. While I remain one of his biggest critic, I am humble enough to give Arteta the credit he deserves for setting up this team to succeed from the start. We were aggressive, physically dominant, intense and played purposeful football.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:27pm On Sep 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Blueraydick you better find better seat belt for Leno
See save na

Apart from the save, I'm impressed by Ramsdale overall performance today.He did really well.

The whole team played well; more like everyone knew there was a job to be done and they executed it well

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2021
Sir OLUWATOMI. Respect!!! Guy put that right side on total Lockdown

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2021
The way Tomiyasu take lock down Son ehn, e no get part two

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 6:37pm On Sep 26, 2021
I hope some of y'all are seeing why we signed Odegaard. He faded off a bit in the second half but that dude is a baller!! Nice football brain he has.
Partey and Xhaka were immense! Let's hope Partey gives us 30 games this season.
Saka's should be played on the right ALWAYS.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:40pm On Sep 26, 2021
Roland17:
An absolutely fantastic performance from the entire team. While I remain one of his biggest critic, I am humble enough to give Arteta the credit he deserves for setting up this team to succeed from the start. We were aggressive, physically dominant, intense and played purposeful football.
He lacks game management, I keep saying it. He would have replaced Xhaka minutes before we conceded. Ramsdale was really angry about conceding that goal. I like his jaguda style. My future captain.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
Who dey breet!!!!!!?? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
edi287:
I hope some of y'all are seeing why we signed Odegaard. He faded off a bit in the second half but that dude is a baller!! Nice football brain he has.
Odegaard is a gift really and he can only get better with time.

Xhaka plays well with Partey, everyone does. But credit to Xhaka too.

Pepe can come from bench.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2021
edi287:
I've always advocated this.
Pepe on the left, Saka on the right Always!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2021
Spy360:

Odegaard is a gift really and he can only get better with time.

Xhaka plays well with Partey, everyone does. But credit to Xhaka too.

Pepe can come from bench.
Yeah. Got to give Arteta credit. Tactics were spot on. This was Aubamayeng's best game in terms of all round play. His link up play was great!
Poor Spuds...Guess Nuno will go with a back 3 now. He has no choice lol
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edi287: 6:49pm On Sep 26, 2021
Jodera:
Yep. Pepe on the left might even score a bit more.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2021
Spy360:

He lacks game management, I keep saying it. He would have replaced Xhaka minutes before we conceded. Ramsdale was really angry about conceding that goal. I like his jaguda style. My future captain.

I intentionally chose not to pick this out because I just want to celebrate the positives but I am glad you pointed it out. I love Ramsdale's energy, it motivates and keeps his defenders on their toes.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sammymarvin: 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
When he came in they called him a relegation keeper...but today he is d best ...Just what we need apart from his passes saves etc, he z very vocal ..after d drop shot save he was yelling at his defenders and that's a keeper there ...he encourages his defenders and also command them ...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:56pm On Sep 26, 2021
Jodera:

Unfortunately I don't see a future for Pepe in this team. The precision, purposefulness and sharp transit from defence to attack to seems like something that will be difficult for the team with Pepe coming into this team I just finished watching.

Even when the players upfront make wrong judgement, their play was precise and sharp....they made up their mind in an instant and took decisions. Personally I feel Pepe in this game would've been a clog in our at a king wheel with his questionable decision making process...

I like the team the way it is presently.More like ; no pepe no trouble
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:01pm On Sep 26, 2021
sammymarvin:
When he came in they called him a relegation keeper...but today he is d best ...Just what we need apart from his passes saves etc, he z very vocal ..after d drop shot save he was yelling at his defenders and that's a keeper there ...he encourages his defenders and also command them ...

Calm down, everyone is playing well presently....It's not just About Ramsdale. There's the rock solid Gabriel, the Japanese machine Tomiyasu and the always bubbly Tierney on the left.

I give it to Ramsdale for his ball distribution which he use to obviously edge Leno, but if na that save dey make u hyper I can bring out videos of Leno making more of such saves in Arsenal goal.

Let's just credit the whole team and hope they get better.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:02pm On Sep 26, 2021
Auba was immense today. Loved the build up between him and smith Rowe for the 2nd goal. Credit also to xhaka for covering the blush of ramsdale before the goal.

Odegaard, what an attacking midfielder. See linking from midfield to attack abeg! You too good! Your defensive and pressing from the front didn't go unnoticed at all.

Partey, what more can I say?. Your presence in that midfield is a blessing to all our midfielders, especially the confidence you bring.

Shout out to saka and smith Rowe. Both mehn are excellent.

The defence was a masterclass. Tomi, Gab, Ramsdale all deserve special praise

Hope this win and scoreline gives us renewed confidence going into next matches.

Coyg!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:05pm On Sep 26, 2021
edi287:

Yep. Pepe on the left might even score a bit more.
Yeah, most times Pepe plays on the left, he gives improved performances unlike the right. He did so most times last season and the wolves game stands out
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2021
Honestly I feel they need to help Pepe personally, he has some scary attributes but they need to help him discipline those raw attributes and turn them into outstanding and consistent performance. I notice how Saka pressed compared to how Pepe presses. Huge difference in understanding not to to talk of quick decision making.

Honestly I feel Pepe can make us an even greater threat but time is running out and he either needs to ask for help to remove deficiencies in his game or coaching staff needs to personally help him.

If we have him and Saka performing at optimal levels we should be doing very well

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:07pm On Sep 26, 2021
cool

Praises well deserved.

Didn't like this 2nd Half. If that was Arteta's instructions, its too cautious. That defence of Spurs were wack. Besides the defending still allowed Spurs a goal. I expected to see Laca and perhaps Martinelli, but these boys really did well under this pressure. I'm impressed!!

Smith-Rowe easily MOTM.

And Tomiyasu!!! Like every way, whether you like am or not, you no dey pass me. Goan check with Tierney. That was his body language all through. Who also noticed that all Spurs shots rebounded were cleared to safety by TT?!

And Still on TT, he seemed very eager to give long balls to Aubameyang to do one or two in the box. I'm expecting more of that soon this season. I guess Nuno saw that and had to bring on Bryan Gil to give at least some lil hope,which didn't result to good. grin

Saka..... I thought i was..... No! Lemme give him his respect.... That is what Pepe should do!! grin
That is what we expect Pepe to do. A pity Kane ran all the way to still cause a goal. Such a dead defence. Lloris dey give yeye ball and still dey blame his guy for not reaching grin grin

Odegaard should have been subbed earlier. Only 1st half performance.

And like i said, Xhaka!!! He will no doubt take the day and he did. I imagined how he felt when the fans that used to insult him were applauding him big time. I also imagined how the fans felt that its a player they lambast 24/7, that they were standing and applauding for. What a day!! Gabriel was resolute. 8.5/10 for me

Those Arteta celebrations eh!! grin
E be like that kine Craze go sweet if na big tournament final o.

Ramsdale, everly impressive. This guy has turned the head of these Defenders to love him. Can Holding get some boldness and catch up and upgrade fast? White is still with some low defending scores for me. Nice game. Spurs deserved some calls but omo...as na we dey chop bad officiating so bad in the past, moya gboju kuro!!

I think the Midfield is getting better with their aerial challenges. Winning more than 68% of all aerial balls coming their way. Especially Odegaard and Partey. Good!

We hope the good work goes on.

Very Glad seeing Igwe and Daniel Ek together. I cant wait one bit. Cant!!

COYG.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Unfortunately I don't see a future for Pepe in this team. The precision, purposefulness and sharp transit from defence to attack to seems like something that will be difficult for the team with Pepe coming into this team I just finished watching.

Even when the players upfront make wrong judgement, their play was precise and sharp....they made up their mind in an instant and took decisions. Personally I feel Pepe in this game would've been a clog in our at a king wheel with his questionable decision making process...

I also believe Pepe should be a squad player. But if he's to come in as a sub or start, then he suppose to play on the left. Most of his improved performances have been on the left.

As for now, this setup was great! Saka, odegaard and Smith Rowe doing wonders grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:12pm On Sep 26, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Apart from the save, I'm impressed by Ramsdale overall performance today.He did really well.

The whole team played well; more like everyone knew there was a job to be done and they executed it well
This is what I have been telling you
The lad brought in special kind of energy, the whole environment have changed

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2021
BlueRayDick:

We need to get a replacement for Pepe, I have given up on him for a long time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:17pm On Sep 26, 2021
edi287:

Watching Partey recover from that dirty tackle from Skipp to finish the game was important. You will notice opponents are now targeting Partey with some of the nastiest tackles. His conditioning is getting better with each game and this will only make his ability to recover/ withstand bad challenges improve.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:18pm On Sep 26, 2021
Jencejyde:
Honestly I feel they need to help Pepe personally, he has some scary attributes but they need to help him discipline those raw attributes and turn them into outstanding and consistent performance. I notice how Saka pressed compared to how Pepe presses. Huge difference in understanding not to to talk of quick decision making.

Honestly I feel Pepe can make us an even greater threat but time is running out and he either needs to ask for help to remove deficiencies in his game or coaching staff needs to personally help him.

If we have him and Saka performing at optimal levels we should be doing very well
Pepe is arrogant and stubborn
You should see that in his game, the way he carry himself is another annoying thing
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:23pm On Sep 26, 2021
Fkhalifa end of season we will revisit this Nuno espirito guy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:25pm On Sep 26, 2021
Oasis how far??
K. Tierney still dey your FPL team? grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:25pm On Sep 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Fkhalifa end of season we will revisit this Nuno espirito guy
Ensure to drag am if things go your way ooo grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2021
Jodera:
Ensure to drag am if things go your way ooo grin
You know me na grin grin
I no they take prisoners, I free them or drown them
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Pepe is arrogant and stubborn
You should see that in his game, the way he carry himself is another annoying thing

Hmmm, every young player needs to take a cue from Saka. In your early developmental stages you need to keep your head down and learn to follow instructions as well as get advice from those well ahead of you.

Don't know about his arrogance but he needs to just dig deep stay humble and continue learning. I don't want to write him off just yet but everything now depends on his own attitude.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2343) (2344) (2345) (2346) (2347) (2348) (2349) ... (3482) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Spy360(m), RoyalBlak007 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.