Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,181 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2303954 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2346) (2347) (2348) (2349) (2350) (2351) (2352) ... (3482) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:06am On Sep 28, 2021
Jodera:
Wenger no even allow anybody do anything sef. All him assistants na mannequin.

Na so Pat Rice then go just dey watch match free of charge too, no discussion with Wenger, no nothing cheesy
This bould was given a chance he almost took the u23 to relegation.
The same players per is balling with

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:14am On Sep 28, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Lol... Na dat one be fully bould fault grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:07am On Sep 28, 2021
Jodera:
You mean from all the clubs that's up there, na crystal palace you think say go tough pass?? shocked

My opinion : Brighton, Aston Villa and Leicester will give us tough work than crystal palace
That Brighton defence is shaky. Saw what Troussard played against Crystal? If he plays like that against Pepe or Saka, there'll be a pk and/or red card. I don't think BA will be a problem. But vs Edouard and Zaha, i expect a big and real test for our two new defenders.

Aston may be shocked. Leicester? Not as tough as Aston IMO.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:15am On Sep 28, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Like these same boys are beaten everybody upandan. I saw 6-1 vs Chelsea and it didn't even make rave. Its so normal now, the noise isn't much again.

Hale End is about to do What La Masia did a decade ago. Same for the Ajax, if not better.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:19am On Sep 28, 2021
Jodera:
Mehn, this Tomi double leg play dey sweet me. I remember vividly that his pass to smith Rowe, I was already confused who is he going to pass to without making mistake since I felt he was already pressed(esp his right leg) and Tottenham seemed to have covered everywhere only to be surprised seeing him switch to his left foot and make that pass thereby beating the press.

Las las, we don sign better right back. cheesy
Long may his great performances continue grin

Hopefully. I'm also looking forward to a test with dangerous Wingers of the EPL. Why is cos he passed excellently vs Wingers in the Serie A. Zaha may be the first test. Whoever recommended him is blessed!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
daveP:
Arsenal’s next six fixtures:

Brighton A
Crystal Palace H
Aston Villa H
Leeds H
Leicester A
Watford H

Can take 14points minimum.

Palace may be tough. The rest..... Dem go hearam.
I expect we win all those games as we will always be fresh and hungry without European distractions. Each of those games cone with unique challenges, but we have all itftakes to dominate those teams and come out with max points.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2021
daveP:
That Brighton defence is shaky. Saw what Troussard played against Crystal? If he plays like that against Pepe or Saka, there'll be a pk and/or red card. I don't think BA will be a problem. But vs Edouard and Zaha, i expect a big and real test for our two new defenders.

I do t know why people rate Edoaurd so highly. He is a goal poacher not a biter. Once his team is dominated in midfield, he's done. As for Zaha, he only needs a tough guy to man mark him and he will be frustrated. Once he is, he starts playing rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:58pm On Sep 28, 2021
According to several outlets, it looks like G. Xhaka has suffered a ruptured ligament in his right knee and may be out for 6-8 weeks.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:07pm On Sep 28, 2021
Roland17:
According to several outlets, it looks like G. Xhaka has suffered a ruptured ligament in his right knee and may be out for 6-8 weeks.

Hmmmm...I hope either Lokonga or Mitland-Niles will make use of his imminent absence to convince Arteta to partner either of them with Partey
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Hmmmm...I hope either Lokonga or Mitland-Niles will make use of his imminent absence to convince Arteta to partner either of them with Partey
A healthy competition between Bikes and Lokonga will mean they will improve and even surpass what Xhaka offers.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2021
Roland17:
This is actually the first time xhaka will have lengthy injury
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 4:58pm On Sep 28, 2021
Spy360:

I do t know why people rate Edoaurd so highly. He is a goal poacher not a biter. Once his team is dominated in midfield, he's done. As for Zaha, he only needs a tough guy to man mark him and he will be frustrated. Once he is, he starts playing rubbish.

Whatever you think Edouard is, he's dangerous and can hurt a defence.

Of course, there is no team that once dominated in Midfield, that their top striker won't be starved. Lukaku has been in that situo severally.

As for Zaha, ya almost right. grin

And again, since Vierra rates him, that's all i need. He was once on our radar, remember?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:00pm On Sep 28, 2021
Roland17:

I'm sure he will still be missed. Its up to Lokonga now.

Make NLD win noise relazz. Saw someone saying we'd now win the Epl. grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:12pm On Sep 28, 2021
daveP:

Whatever you think Edouard is, he's dangerous and can hurt a defence.

Of course, there is no team that once dominated in Midfield, that their top striker won't be starved. Lukaku has been in that situo severally.

As for Zaha, ya almost right. grin

And again, since Vierra rates him, that's all i need. He was once on our radar, remember?
Edoaurd and Lukaku are not same type of strikers. It's funny comparing them sha. But Edoaurd is a poacher kind, can't play when his team is defending. He can't hold up play. Lukaku is all opposite. He can stand alone as a lone striker and can take up two defenders with his pace and strength on a counter.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:55pm On Sep 28, 2021
Arsenal player of the month contenders...

I think Tomiyasu has impressed me the most ; he has my vote considering what he’s offered compared to what dem Bellerin, Chambers and co served us in the recent past.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:21pm On Sep 28, 2021
Jodera when you ready, let me know when to serve you your well garnish delicious L on Haller.
You and that scummy clown no know ball, just tell me any CF that Excel at westham
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:34am On Sep 29, 2021
daveP:

Lol, you sha still dey rate dis our Pepe grin.
In that their attack na only zaha I fear but since we have Tomi, I'm not too afraid like that. The Gallagher is another player to look out for not really Eduard sef.
Any how sha, I feel our first big test will be Aston Villa, we'll not be serious if we drop points against Brighton or crystal palace
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:38am On Sep 29, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Jodera when you ready, let me know when to serve you your well garnish delicious L on Haller.
You and that scummy clown no know ball, just tell me any CF that Excel at westham
Lol.,. I will humbly take my L wen a big club buys him and he shines grin

Do remind me wen such happens cos I no dey rate Holland league.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:42am On Sep 29, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I think Tomiyasu has impressed me the most ; he has my vote considering what he’s offered compared to what dem Bellerin, Chambers and co served us in the recent past.
Simply Tomiyasu.
He hardly put a wrong foot since he stepped his boot on that pitch and has always dropped 7-8/10 in each game he played.

Second ought to be Ramsdale, then Auba and ESR.

But personally, I feel odegaard should have been the 4th nominee instead of ESR
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:24am On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:
Simply Tomiyasu.
He hardly put a wrong foot since he stepped his boot on that pitch and has always dropped 7-8/10 in each game he played.

Second ought to be Ramsdale, then Auba and ESR.

But personally, I feel odegaard should have been the 4th nominee instead of ESR

Yeah, Odegaard deserves a space, but so does Gabriel.

Personally I would have Gabriel, Odegaard, Ramsadale and Tomiyasu listed as the nominees instead of what we have up there.....but then it shows we have majority of our players really playing well at the moment for us to be having so many names popping up in our heads. I hope we continue to witness the players give their 100% like they did this September tho

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:41am On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:
Lol.,. I will humbly take my L wen a big club buys him and he shines grin

Do remind me wen such happens cos I no dey rate Holland league.
Rest
Ajax is bigger than arsenal you know
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:48am On Sep 29, 2021
BlueRayDick:

It would be hard to pinpoint who's the best performer so far because most of the guys have been impressive. The criteria has to be adjusted to who made more impact from the most difficult conditions. That would fall between Tomiyasu and Ramsdale.

Tomi had little time to acclimatize and easily blended in. Ramsdale on the other hand was actually rejected by fans as bad luck and a waste of funds. Between the two, I'd give it to Ramsdale. He proved everyone wrong with his performance and won over the hearts of fans.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:04am On Sep 29, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Yeah, Odegaard deserves a space, but so does Gabriel.

Personally I would have Gabriel, Odegaard, Ramsadale and Tomiyasu listed as the nominees instead of what we have up there.....but then it shows we have majority of our players really playing well at the moment for us to be having so many names popping up in our heads. I hope we continue to witness the players give their 100% like they did this September tho
I feel why Auba slightly edges Gabriel is the 2 goals he scored but aside that, Gabriel was immense which supports the fact you said most of our players were very great this month. Also expecting Arteta to win manager of the month award.

This European absence will have will really aid us esp Arteta as will have a whole week to work with his team. I hope this upturn continues cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:12am On Sep 29, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Rest
Ajax is bigger than arsenal you know
Lol, same way Porto is bigger than arsenal, that doesn't mean their league is stronger then England.
Ajax is the only club in Holland, wen he enters stronger league and a good club(like Villarreal, Leicester, sevilla, Napoli and the likes). Wen he does that, I'll rate him not just one Ajaxliga league and you want me to rate him grin

So wen he does such and impresses, alert me lemme eat the delicious L of your choice you'd serve me cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:16am On Sep 29, 2021
Spy360:

It would be hard to pinpoint who's the best performer so far because most of the guys have been impressive. The criteria has to be adjusted to who made more impact from the most difficult conditions. That would fall between Tomiyasu and Ramsdale.

Tomi had little time to acclimatize and easily blended in. Ramsdale on the other hand was actually rejected by fans as bad luck and a waste of funds. Between the two, I'd give it to Ramsdale. He proved everyone wrong with his performance and won over the hearts of fans.
Lol.. This is an emotional take on who ought to win arsenal's player of the month grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:17am On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:
Lol, same way Porto is bigger than arsenal, that doesn't mean their league is stronger then England.
Ajax is the only club in Holland, wen he enters stronger league and a good club(like Villarreal, Leicester, sevilla, Napoli and the likes). Wen he does that, I'll rate him not just one Ajaxliga league and you want me to rate him grin

So wen he does such and impresses, alert me lemme eat the delicious L of your choice you'd serve me cheesy
If arsenal meet ajax currently, who will win
All these ajax is the only one in the league na sakamaje, they have been performing well in ucl or any European club tournament

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:29am On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:
Lol.. This is an emotional take on who ought to win arsenal's player of the month grin

It cannot be emotional when I used criteria for my choice. You'd say so if I did not state the criterion for making the choice.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:30am On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:

How is Porto bigger than Arsenal? Unless you are playing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Parizz: 11:37am On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera how far, una don break xhaka leg. Out for 3 month
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sammymarvin: 12:38pm On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:

both were rejected....I remember some people say arsenal done go sign jakie Chan brother...na Shaolin soccer we wan play....but truth to b told he is really d Shaolin soccer player we need that guy has effectively covered 3positions RB -RCB-RM....
Ramsdale is a mix of Lehman and Seaman...has the calmness of Seaman but also d fire of Lehman .....that guy is built a star...I love the way he goes for area balls ...the way he commands hs defence and also the way he passes...
To me I give this credit to Arteta ...I think he knows what he wants....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2021
iamoyindamola:

If arsenal meet ajax currently, who will win
All these ajax is the only one in the league na sakamaje, they have been performing well in ucl or any European club tournament
performing well in UCL wen? It's just like you saying Tottenham is performing well in UCL just cos of the final they last reached or Monaco. Aside the season they played Tottenham in semifinals, wen last have they played quarter final or semifinals??

You just know the truth about Holland league not being a strong league and ajax being the only strong contender there but just to serve me L dey hungry you grin cheesy

Calm down and follow the legit way of serving L grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sammymarvin: 12:47pm On Sep 29, 2021
Pls AFC fans let's keep a positive mindset I know we have been down for d past years but I just bliv in this players and d Coach...do u know some fans actually caused Xhaka injury ...as soon as the line up came up...gbam:y Xhaka...I pray he gets injured etc loads of rubbish came up...during the euros I saw a different Xhaka..to me Xhaka works well with another defensive midfielders who can mark or have a very high work rate.....so pls let's stop all d negative...and focus on the positives...also the team is still developing let's not b carried away...though d English press said totham was bad but me I said Arsenal was good ....I saw Auba working running and pressing....same to d other players even Ben did what expected from him ...and one player who I give credit also to is Gabriel d Mag this guy is rugged he has been d rock of that defense...
Finally let's keep a positive mindset...COYG

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2346) (2347) (2348) (2349) (2350) (2351) (2352) ... (3482) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.