Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,184 members, 7,829,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2331249 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2344) (2345) (2346) (2347) (2348) (2349) (2350) ... (3518) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:27pm On Sep 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

You know me na grin grin
Lol... I trust you on dat na grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2021
Jencejyde:

Hmmm, every young player needs to take a cue from Saka. In your early developmental stages you need to keep your head down and learn to follow instructions as well as get advice from those well ahead of you.

Don't know about his arrogance but he needs to just dig deep stay humble and continue learning. I don't want to write him off just yet but everything now depends on his own attitude.
He can dribble I give him that but his end product and team play is way off
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Fkhalifa end of season we will revisit this Nuno espirito guy
Shey it took Klopp 2 years to win something, ehn give Nuno time and trust the process cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:29pm On Sep 26, 2021
Jodera:
Ensure to drag am if things go your way ooo grin
cheesy His wahala is too much... Season sha never reach half
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

He can dribble I give him that but his end product and team play is way off

This i where he needs help from the coaching staff and he must also be humble to admit that he has problems in those areas.

I hope that for the sake of our club that he realizes his full potentials Sha.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:33pm On Sep 26, 2021
Fkhalifa:

Shey it took Klopp 2 years to win something, ehn give Nuno time and trust the process cheesy
Are you comparing him with klopp now
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:38pm On Sep 26, 2021
Fkhalifa:

cheesy His wahala is too much... Season sha never reach half
grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:08pm On Sep 26, 2021
Auba making some legendary moves today cool

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:23pm On Sep 26, 2021
No be one match we go use discard Pepe na? You no even talk Elneny or those loanees, na Pepe?! Easy na, Manager wey get 7months of matches no go reason like that na. Shuu. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2021
BlueRayDick:
Lol... Nice one

When Auba did the celebration I knew that celebration was familiar somewhere but I couldn't place where, now I know grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:28pm On Sep 26, 2021
daveP:
No be one match we go use discard Pepe na? You no even talk Elneny or those loanees, na Pepe?! Easy na, Manager wey get 7months of matches no go reason like that na. Shuu. grin
Lol.. I hope to see pepe as squad player for now and hopes wen called upon he'll play on the left side.

But then, no be one match we use discard Pepe. Everyone (almost sha) knows Pepe have been consistently annoying most times

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:34pm On Sep 26, 2021
Jodera:
Lol.. I hope to see pepe as squad player for now and hopes wen called upon he'll play on the left side.

But then, no be one match we use discard Pepe. Everyone (almost sha) knows Pepe have been consistently annoying most times

I get. Just that Whether na Squad player or not (more of the former no doubt), he's going to get as much minutes as Odegaard this season.

Something tells me Arteta is preparing for the upcoming Afcon next year. Nice move. But if he's coming back from Afcon, expect him and Partey to play a very pivotal role post-Afcon.

Either way, Saka is still burning out. Do you smell some January Incoming?

Cos i do.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Arizoner: 9:00pm On Sep 26, 2021
Arsenal will lose next match after this memorable win. Is it not arsenal that i know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:03pm On Sep 26, 2021
daveP:

I get. Just that Whether na Squad player or not (more of the former no doubt), he's going to get as much minutes as Odegaard this season.

Something tells me Arteta is preparing for the upcoming Afcon next year. Nice move. But if he's coming back from Afcon, expect him and Partey to play a very pivotal role post-Afcon.

Either way, Saka is still burning out. Do you smell some January Incoming?

Cos i do.
He's going to get as much minutes as odegaard?? Lol.
Except if odegaard cops an injury.

If Arteta is preparing for upcoming afcon yet he plays Partey and auba week in week out while pepe doesn't start every game, doesn't that tell you that the "something" telling you such is probably wrong? The thing is Pepe needs to work on himself and the faster he does so, the better for arsenal as a club. He's no longer new to the league oo.

As for Jan signings, I don't know oo, I think around December we'll know if this club will delve into the transfer window
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Arizoner: 9:07pm On Sep 26, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... Nice one

When Auba did the celebration I knew that celebration was familiar somewhere but I couldn't place where, now I know grin
you people should keep deceiving yourselves. We know where you will end up by may. Eleventh position. Mumu club
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2021
Who let the dog out undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 9:19pm On Sep 26, 2021
Roland17:
An absolutely fantastic performance from the entire team. While I remain one of his biggest critic, I am humble enough to give Arteta the credit he deserves for setting up this team to succeed from the start. We were aggressive, physically dominant, intense and played purposeful football.

What?? even you appreciating Arteta...only in GW6 for that matter.... What happened to your ArtetaOut placard?

lol... Just kidding grin I actually liked your post.

You are right, I am impressed with the whole team performance. Skeptical of Xhaka at the beginning, but he didn't really disappoint, although I wanted Xhaka out after 60mins for lokonga or AMN before Xhaka brings in his usual errors... But all good. It's also good we won in the same week Man U and Chelsea lost at home.

I hope Pepe will not be belt to the bench cos there is something about him that I like...I don't wanna give up on him same way I don't wanna give upon Auba. I hope he will be used from the bench often so he can adjust and improve.. I thought he should have been used as sub to Saka or ESR earlier...but guess Arteta just wanna defend the lead.

Arteta actually have good talents in his hands....if only he will keep only to the good part he learnt from Pep and not use the team for crazy experiments. Six wins on a row now, I didnt wanna rate him till after this match cos I think the teams he won so far were easy... but seeing what Burnley played away to Leicester City yesterday made me think our team really tried wining Burnley at home.

Let's hope for more wins.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:28pm On Sep 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Who let the dog out undecided
Lol... The guy dey look for attention.
Na person wey get am go give am, but as for me, I don run out of attention to give grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:33pm On Sep 26, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... The guy dey look for attention.
Na person wey get am go give am, but as for me, I don run out of attention to give grin
That's the spirit, let him argue with his soul
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:20pm On Sep 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

That's the spirit, let him argue with his soul
Lol... I tell you grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:09am On Sep 27, 2021
ObaIgwe1:

What?? even you appreciating Arteta...only in GW6 for that matter.... What happened to your ArtetaOut placard?

lol... Just kidding grin I actually liked your post.

You are right, I am impressed with the whole team performance. Skeptical of Xhaka at the beginning, but he didn't really disappoint, although I wanted Xhaka out after 60mins for lokonga or AMN before Xhaka brings in his usual errors... But all good. It's also good we won in the same week Man U and Chelsea lost at home.

I hope Pepe will not be belt to the bench cos there is something about him that I like...I don't wanna give up on him same way I don't wanna give upon Auba. I hope he will be used from the bench often so he can adjust and improve.. I thought he should have been used as sub to Saka or ESR earlier...but guess Arteta just wanna defend the lead.

Arteta actually have good talents in his hands....if only he will keep only to the good part he learnt from Pep and not use the team for crazy experiments. Six wins on a row now, I didnt wanna rate him till after this match cos I think the teams he won so far were easy... but seeing what Burnley played away to Leicester City yesterday made me think our team really tried wining Burnley at home.

Let's hope for more wins.

Like I told @Spy360, I want to just focus on the positives because they outweigh any negative I or any fan should have. We would have been in serious trouble if we played the 1st half with that level of intensity and did not score or only scored 1 goal because we were flat in the 2nd half. Moreso, Arteta did not react to the changes Nuno made with his substitution and tactics. Xhaka was good, he did enough in the middle but Partey my goodness is class!

We have a decent squad, not a great one but one good enough if the core stay healthy. Pepe's situation is a tough one because for the first time in a long while, Arteta is coaching like his job is on the line and that means he has to be ruthless. This situation is applicable to the likes of Pepe/ Leno. I have a weird feeling we are not using Pepe correctly but that is a conversation for another day..not saying he does not have his own problem (he complicates very simple things) but I worry we may have underutilized and not played to his strengths.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:11am On Sep 27, 2021
BlueRayDick:

There is a reason I am careful not to write off Auba just yet. He made that goal look easy but that was a difficult chance he converted. An attacking Arsenal with fluidity favors Auba while a cautious and defensive Arsenal leaves him frustrated.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:11am On Sep 27, 2021
Roland17:

There is a reason I am careful not to write off Auba just yet. He made that goal look easy but that was a difficult chance he converted. An attacking Arsenal with fluidity favors Auba while a cautious and defensive Arsenal leaves him frustrated.

No be lie bro! Everyone here knows my stand here concerning Auba, I've always favored him ahead of Laca simply because he does his main job - scoring.....Yes he was out of form for a while but like u said ; an Arsenal with more attacking intent will see him scoring those goals once again.

I honestly hope Arteta doesn't go back to his ultra defensive set up shortly after this derby win.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:37am On Sep 27, 2021
Sir Thomas Teye Partey!

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:00am On Sep 27, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Calm down, everyone is playing well presently....It's not just About Ramsdale. There's the rock solid Gabriel, the Japanese machine Tomiyasu and the always bubbly Tierney on the left.

I give it to Ramsdale for his ball distribution which he use to obviously edge Leno, but if na that save dey make u hyper I can bring out videos of Leno making more of such saves in Arsenal goal.

Let's just credit the whole team and hope they get better.
It's not about the saves or even the ball distribution. It's the vocalisation, the command. If you have played defense you will appreciate a keeper that tells you where to go and who to mark. That is priceless. No matter how good you are as a goalkeeper, if you can't command your box18, you're average.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:04am On Sep 27, 2021
Jencejyde:
Honestly I feel they need to help Pepe personally, he has some scary attributes but they need to help him discipline those raw attributes and turn them into outstanding and consistent performance. I notice how Saka pressed compared to how Pepe presses. Huge difference in understanding not to to talk of quick decision making.

Honestly I feel Pepe can make us an even greater threat but time is running out and he either needs to ask for help to remove deficiencies in his game or coaching staff needs to personally help him.

If we have him and Saka performing at optimal levels we should be doing very well
Pepe cannot boss any position. He can either manage being backup to Saka on the RW or seek first team football elsewhere. The only other option is try to replace Aubameyang as top striker. He has the finish and movement in the box, but he cannot transition from midfield to attack. Pepe will be a good option if we choose to play two strikers. Otherwise, na bench.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:10am On Sep 27, 2021
Spy360:

It's not about the saves or even the ball distribution. It's the vocalisation, the command. If you have played defense you will appreciate a keeper that tells you where to go and who to mark. That is priceless. No matter how good you are as a goalkeeper, if you can't command your box18, you're average.

I see all these things as agenda!

Yes a good keeper communicates with defence.....My question to you is; Is Leno a dumb that doesn't talk to his defenders? The answer is NO!

I've watched Leno play since the moment Cech made way for him and I can say it categorically he is far from an average goalkeeper, in fact he's a very good goalkeeper who has saved our asses countless times even when we had clowns manning our defence. The fact that the team is playing well overall in his absence doesn't make him a bad keeper. Na agenda dey make una single out Ramsadale as if he's the Bruno man utd signed that year.

If our defence and midfield goes back to what dem Chambers, Holding, Xhaka et al were serving us late last season and early this season, you will see that this "vocalization" you keep singing to high heaven will mean absolutely nothing.

I am a fan who gives credit to performing players and I rightly commended Ramsdale for his shwoing yesterday; same with Partey,Tomiyasu, my ever dependable Gabriel and even the Xhaka I am a lifetime critic of.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:20am On Sep 27, 2021
Jencejyde:
Honestly I feel they need to help Pepe personally, he has some scary attributes but they need to help him discipline those raw attributes and turn them into outstanding and consistent performance. I notice how Saka pressed compared to how Pepe presses. Huge difference in understanding not to to talk of quick decision making.

Honestly I feel Pepe can make us an even greater threat but time is running out and he either needs to ask for help to remove deficiencies in his game or coaching staff needs to personally help him.

If we have him and Saka performing at optimal levels we should be doing very well

Nobody can help pepe, he's the one who needs to help himself. He should sit on the bench and watch the Hale End products how they run things in the final third.

A case point is Saka's play in build to the first goal; Saka had his man right in front of him with the option of either trying a body feint and cutting the ball back or making a nonthreatening pass to anybody around him....... Saka in that instant took on his man, when the presure to get the ball off was much he passed right back into the box having spotted an unmarked Smith-Rowe.

The second goal also had Smith-Rowe combining as quickly as possible with Auba on the counter; He didn't hesitate to make the pass available to Auba once he was standing unmarked in a good goal scoring position.

Those are the little things we expect from Pepe in addition to having a good first touch/ball control.

Is that too hard for a 72million rated player to do ? How the best coach in the world wan take help am if he will not help himself do these little things?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:23am On Sep 27, 2021
Spy360:

Pepe cannot boss any position. He can either manage being backup to Saka on the RW or seek first team football elsewhere. The only other option is try to replace Aubameyang as top striker. He has the finish and movement in the box, but he cannot transition from midfield to attack. Pepe will be a good option if we choose to play two strikers. Otherwise, na bench.
Lol... Na only you I dey see say option dey for Pepe in that striking role. Someone that doesn't make runs behind the defence, slow in making decision, not so fast, and he isn't even that quick at linking up play is who you want us to play as striker in this fast paced league? Make him just become squad player jeje fight for him shirt, hopefully from the left wing.

Like I've always said, pepe is consistently inconsistent, he'll disappoint then shine in one or two odd games, then wait till the end of season where he'll turn into salah again thereby giving us hope towards next season.

Moreso, I think I should chip this in. Even tho saka tries on the left wing, but I his best performances have always been on the right wing. Even this season most of us were saying he's losing some form, it's no surprise it was on the left wing. He's our best and most dangerous attacker, let Arteta just let him have that right wing to maximise his strength

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Barryseal: 8:38am On Sep 27, 2021
Where did you guys read that hes not fast? I keep seeing it on this thread. The few times I have seen him play, he ran like a daemon. Reminds me of LLorente of ATM and Son at TOT. He was heavily pursued by Milan and Atalanta. But he had his eyes on England. Slow players dont survive in Atalanta and the new exciting team at Milan.
His coach in Japan talks about his pace here:
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/09/01/arsenals-new-signing-takehiro-tomiyasu-has-been-branded-horribly-fast/

He can cope in a back 3. His coach at Bologna Siniša Mihajlović, is a brainiac. He is one of those ITK coaches who think they are the smartest in the room. He plays people out of position, wierd and unsual formation in tough games, trying to out think the opposition but the good thing is that TT applied himself well, playing left back,left centre back, right back and right centre back. Hence, you have an all rounded player. His ball carrying ability is also great. The guy can travel with the ball.

I just hope the guys at Arsenal manage him well. He will be useful to the team medium and long term.

thanks TT for not shaming me. My complete faith in him when he first signed is being justified. Shout out to Gabriel who was the man of the match for me. He cleared, tackled and out fought every player he came against. Played like a throwback Sol Campbell, absolute monster of a defender.
Ramsdale was on another level entirely. I critisized his signing but had to stop when I heard he took his grandfather's ash to his Arsenal unvealing. That was a clear signal he was for business. He has shown why he has been player of the year for his 3 previous clubs. You all owe him an apology

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 8:40am On Sep 27, 2021
Spy360:

Hmmm, the jury is still out there but personally, I still want to honestly believe he can turn his game around if he decides to stay humble and learn. My thoughts are just in the best interest of the team especially when we have key players injured and need others to step up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:46am On Sep 27, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I see all these things as agenda!

Yes a good keeper communicates with defence.....My question to you is; Is Leno a dumb that doesn't talk to his defenders? The answer is NO!

I've watched Leno play since the moment Cech made way for him and I can say it categorically he is far from an average goalkeeper, in fact he's a very good goalkeeper who has saved our asses countless times even when we had clowns manning our defence. The fact that the team is playing well overall in his absence doesn't make him a bad keeper. Na agenda dey make una single out Ramsadale as if he's the Bruno man utd signed that year.

If our defence and midfield goes back to what dem Chambers, Holding, Xhaka et al were serving us late last season and early this season, you will see that this "vocalization" you keep singing to high heaven will mean absolutely nothing.

I am a fan who gives credit to performing players and I rightly commended Ramsdale for his shwoing yesterday; same with Partey,Tomiyasu, my ever dependable Gabriel and even the Xhaka I am a lifetime critic of.
While you have a great point concerning Leno especially the personnel in front of Leno then is valid but I feel where Spy360 is coming from is that Ramsdale is good at passing out from the back. Not just good at it, but he knows when to pass and when not to do so. When Leno was keeping, we all thought it was a must our Gk must pass from the back cos of the robotic way he was going about it thus increasing the pressure in our defenders and the mistakes our defenders will now make due to his passes. This season Ramsdale proved it's not so, cos on numerous times he's budeyed the ball, went long and even sometimes taken the ball out of play. This one difference between him and Leno will definitely increase the confidence and trust from the defenders in him knowing that they have a Gk who knows what to do and when to do it at a particular time.

Secondly, the issue of aerial dominance. Ramsdale is far better than Leno in commanding his area and knowing wen to come out for aerial ball or not. This also reduces the pressure on the defenders knowing fully well that once a Gk catches a cross, that's the end of attack from the opposition. Brentford's second goal was Leno's fault cos of lack of aerial dominance. Burnley did exact same thing to Ramsdale(during a corner) and the way he went about it made me realize that Leno wasn't all that innocent the way I first thought he was. I believe Ramsdale wouldn't have conceded that 2nd goal against Brentford

Now while Leno is a good shot stopper than Ramsdale and have good reflexes than him also, but if all these other attributes Ramsdale had over Leno, then it's no coincidence why people think Ramsdale is the better Gk for us. After all, he's not too bad in shot stopping even tho he's probably not as good as Leno in that area.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2344) (2345) (2346) (2347) (2348) (2349) (2350) ... (3518) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.