Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2330537 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2347) (2348) (2349) (2350) (2351) (2352) (2353) ... (3518) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2021
Spy360:

It cannot be emotional when I used criteria for my choice. You'd say so if I did not state the criterion for making the choice.
I'm not against your choice, but the reason(or criteria) Is what I said you're emotional about. What you're saying is equivalent to saying that Auba suppose to win player of the year cos he's a fine boy or he just came back from long layoff injury.

Potm ought to be performances and impact on the pitch and not cos fans rejected him or he's coming from a different league or things like that. When you start giving such reasons, it means you're giving it from emotional reasons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2021
Spy360:

How is Porto bigger than Arsenal? Unless you are playing.
Porto have won two champions league, I think more than two uefa cups, 22 league titles.
Tell me, in what way is arsenal bigger than them?.

If you say fan base and revenue, then you'll have to agree that arsenal is a bigger club than ajax too grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2021
Parizz:
Jodera how far, una don break xhaka leg. Out for 3 month
Lol... For some reason, I'm not happy for his length of injury, at least 1 month out was what I was hoping for.
I just hope Sambi lokonga and Maitland Niles(either of them) will be able to take their chances.
Another thing I'm afraid of is that Arteta might pair odegaard with partey while bringing pepe into the fold. I feel xhaka alongside partey gives us balance compared to partey-odegaard.

I just hope Arteta doesn't do that
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2021
sammymarvin:
both were rejected....I remember some people say arsenal done go sign jakie Chan brother...na Shaolin soccer we wan play....but truth to b told he is really d Shaolin soccer player we need that guy has effectively covered 3positions RB -RCB-RM....
Ramsdale is a mix of Lehman and Seaman...has the calmness of Seaman but also d fire of Lehman .....that guy is built a star...I love the way he goes for area balls ...the way he commands hs defence and also the way he passes...
To me I give this credit to Arteta ...I think he knows what he wants....
Lol... I'm not say they're not deserving of it. If any of them wins it, I'll be happy cos they're fully deserving of it. What I'm countering is the reason that tomiyasu should win it cos fans thought he's not a good buy or ramsdale should win it cos majority of fans thought we bought an expensive keeper from a relegation team and all those stuff.

It should solely be based on performances and impact and not all those reasons being given.
Hope you get my point
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
Who's winning on current form
Arsenal v Ajax?
Jodera:
performing well in UCL wen? It's just like you saying Tottenham is performing well in UCL just cos of the final they last reached or Monaco. Aside the season they played Tottenham in semifinals, wen last have they played quarter final or semifinals??

You just know the truth about Holland league not being a strong league and ajax being the only strong contender there but just to serve me L dey hungry you grin cheesy

Calm down and follow the legit way of serving L grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Who's winning on current form
Arsenal v Ajax?
Winning on current form how?
You think if arsenal wants to play Ajax I'll be afraid of Ajax as if arsenal wants to play Man city, Bayern, Liverpool or all these tough clubs??

Lol... Guy, abeg no make me laff grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:33pm On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:
You think if arsenal wants to play Ajax I'll be afraid of Ajax as if arsenal wants to play Man city, Bayern, Liverpool or all these tough clubs??

2 questions you have avoided
Mention any cf that excel in westham you couldn't
I explained to you westham tactics don't give way for complete 9 to perform you claimed Haller wasn't good enough
The only guy that would have survive the is Dean Asthon but injury couldn't allow him
By fire by force you will collect your L love and embrace it grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:

Dutch league is weak, is UCL weak too grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2021
iamoyindamola:

2 questions you have avoided
Mention any cf that excel in westham you couldn't
I explained to you westham tactics don't give way for complete 9 to perform you claimed Haller wasn't good enough
The only guy that would have survive the is Dean Asthon but injury couldn't allow him
By fire by force you will collect your L love and embrace it grin grin
Lol... You're beating around the bush about the guy. Nothing concern me concern west ham, they're a small club so I don't think I would be following them, before to know their every striker.

I was solely talking about the attributes of Haller. He is not too good in positioning, average finisher and some other attributes. Not a kind of striker I would want for arsenal so nothing concern me concern his stint at west ham. Reason why I said if he finds himself in a competitive league and in a top club (not elite oo) in the league, and he impresses alert me lemme humbly eat my L.
Preferably Spain England and Italy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Dutch league is weak, is UCL weak too grin grin
Lol... Na group stage na. Who takes group stage serious? Even halaand during his break out season wasn't taken serious until he did it consistently in bundesliga and against PSG wen he scored 2 goals.

You no say I no like wahala... Just let him be in top competitive league and a top club in the league, if he impresses then call me.

You can drag me anyhow you want, I go accept. Any L you wan serve me, I go chop.
Just make it legit grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... You're beating around the bush about the guy. Nothing concern me concern west ham, they're a small club so I don't think I would be following them, before to know their every striker.

I was solely talking about the attributes of Haller. He is not too good in positioning, average finisher and some other attributes. Not a kind of striker I would want for arsenal so nothing concern me concern his stint at west ham. Reason why I said if he finds himself in a competitive league and in a top club (not elite oo) in the league, and he impresses alert me lemme humbly eat my L.
Preferably Spain England and Italy
Lmao
You are beginning to sound like someone i know
You don't rate other leagues but when they meet in ucl story will change
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Silentgroper(m): 2:22pm On Sep 29, 2021
daveP:
grin

Arteta celebration eh. Be like asif na UCL final grin

Auba on 50 goals at the Emirates. Epic.

Epic?? . Lol. Wen salah nd mane have gotten to 100. He was in epl b4 dem oo.. Compared to other players, that is so poor.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:43pm On Sep 29, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Lmao
You are beginning to sound like someone i know
You don't rate other leagues but when they meet in ucl story will change
Lol.. I'm sure you have heard of Adriano of Shaktar Donetsk who scored 5 goals in one match and finished the UCL campaign with 9 goals, all group stage goals. Till now, I never hear of him name again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:
Lol.. I'm sure you have heard of Adriano of Shaktar Donetsk who scored 5 goals in one match and finished the UCL campaign with 9 goals, all group stage goals. Till now, I never hear of him name again.

grin grin grin grin
You are comparing Adriano with haller that ball in german league and balling in dutch league just because he didn't replicate it in England he's nobody
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
Silentgroper:
Epic?? . Lol. Wen salah nd mane have gotten to 100. He was in epl b4 dem oo.. Compared to other players, that is so poor.
Lol... Mane and Salah was in EPL and Liverpool before Auba.

How auba reaching 50 goals compared to other players so poor? Call other strikers from man u to Chelsea to Leicester let's see their goal-to-game ratio compared to Auba?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:20pm On Sep 29, 2021
iamoyindamola:
grin grin grin grin
You are comparing Adriano with haller that ball in german league and balling in dutch league just because he didn't replicate it in England he's nobody
Lol... You're not getting me. I didn't say he's a nobody, I said he's not good for a club like arsenal if we wanna aim for the top. Same thing with T. Abraham, he's not a nobody, but if we're looking for a striker to lift us up, no be Haller and certainly no be Abraham. That has been my point.

I remember even saying Dutch league will be great for his style of skill set, but we should be aiming for more than him. Now the onus is on him(and you) to prove that he's a big striker who can slug it out in big leagues and team and once he does that, I'll gently accept my L.

If we want to enter top 4 or be a top club back, no be all these average Joes striker na grin. Abi no be same way lacazette dey score 20goals a season for ligue 1 grin?? Does that make lacazette a nobody or a bad striker? No!

Thank God say we get Auba, if not na anoda giroud agenda we for dey strive grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:
I'm not against your choice, but the reason(or criteria) Is what I said you're emotional about. What you're saying is equivalent to saying that Auba suppose to win player of the year cos he's a fine boy or he just came back from long layoff injury.

Potm ought to be performances and impact on the pitch and not cos fans rejected him or he's coming from a different league or things like that. When you start giving such reasons, it means you're giving it from emotional reasons
I get what you mean, but that criteria was after I said they all deserve it based on performance, and because we must choose one person sentiment has to come in.

I remember back in Pri sch, two guys tied on grades, but because one must win the award, he was given based on his neatness.

So my choice (after performance) was based on who had the most difficult terrain. For me that's Ramsdale.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:
Porto have won two champions league, I think more than two uefa cups, 22 league titles.
Tell me, in what way is arsenal bigger than them?.

If you say fan base and revenue, then you'll have to agree that arsenal is a bigger club than ajax too grin
Exactly. And that's how bigness of clubs are determined. Imagine Arsenal in Dutch league or Primera Liga. undecided

If not Preston North End will be bigger than Arsenal too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2021
Spy360:

I get what you mean, but that criteria was after I said they all deserve it based on performance, and because we must choose one person sentiment has to come in.

I remember back in Pri sch, two guys tied on grades, but because one must win the award, he was given based on his neatness.

So my choice (after performance) was based on who had the most difficult terrain. For me that's Ramsdale.
Lol... Na now you come. I guess the way I interpreted it was that the reasons you gave was the main reason, that was why I said so.

Anyways we are good and I get your opinion too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2021
Spy360:
Exactly. And that's how bigness of clubs are determined. Imagine Arsenal in Dutch league or Primera Liga. undecided
Well, you didn't refute wen Sod09 said Ajax is a bigger club than arsenal that's why I brought Porto too
Not my fault grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:33pm On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... For some reason, I'm not happy for his length of injury, at least 1 month out was what I was hoping for.
I just hope Sambi lokonga and Maitland Niles(either of them) will be able to take their chances.
Another thing I'm afraid of is that Arteta might pair odegaard with partey while bringing pepe into the fold. I feel xhaka alongside partey gives us balance compared to partey-odegaard.

I just hope Arteta doesn't do that
Based one our last three matches, Arteta prefers a 4-3-3 formation with a single pivot. Xhaka's absense will only push it. Sorry to say that means Pepe will come into the mix. I hope he still keeps Saka on the RW.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2021
Silentgroper:
Can you read at all, you just they jump like puma
That is his 50th goals in emirates staduim
Auba have pass 100goals for arsenal, btw salah and mane have been in the league for a long time
Salah- 164apps 102goals
Mane- 235apps 98 goals
Auba- 119apps 66 goals
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:
Well, you didn't refute wen Sod09 said Ajax is a bigger club than arsenal that's why I brought Porto too
Not my fault grin grin
It was you who listed the criteria not him. undecided

Player movement is a major yardstick. Can a top player leave Ajax for Arsenal? Yes.

Can a top player leave Arsenal for Ajax? I doubt.

There are many factors

History
Money
Fan base
Etc.

All put together, Arsenal is bigger than both Porto and Ajax.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 3:50pm On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:
Lol, you sha still dey rate dis our Pepe grin.
In that their attack na only zaha I fear but since we have Tomi, I'm not too afraid like that. The Gallagher is another player to look out for not really Eduard sef.
Any how sha, I feel our first big test will be Aston Villa, we'll not be serious if we drop points against Brighton or crystal palace

Lol. We'd see then.

As for Pepe, i still rate him o. But not as much as before sha. But he still can get a pk against really rough, reckless defenders.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 3:51pm On Sep 29, 2021
Silentgroper:
What did i just read? Are you kidding me? Abi na another player you're talking of?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2021
Spy360:

Based one our last three matches, Arteta prefers a 4-3-3 formation with a single pivot. Xhaka's absense will only push it. Sorry to say that means Pepe will come into the mix. I hope he still keeps Saka on the RW.
Exactly... Esp since xhaka went to injury, instead of introducing Lokonga or Niles, it was Pepe that was introduced. While on paper it looks good but that 433 formation doesn't suit us for now cos we'll be to light weight and flat to play it.

I wasn't impressed with our Burnley and Norwich display at all, and that's because of lack of that midfield balance
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:16pm On Sep 29, 2021
Spy360:

It was you who listed the criteria not him. undecided

Player movement is a major yardstick. Can a top player leave Ajax for Arsenal? Yes.

Can a top player leave Arsenal for Ajax? I doubt.

There are many factors

History
Money
Fan base
Etc.

All put together, Arsenal is bigger than both Porto and Ajax.
lol... This was what Sod said. I just followed his flows cos if I said arsenal is bigger than Ajax it might lead to another round of discussion. But he was the one who first said ajax is bigger than arsenal. I just brought in Porto to illustrate my points

iamoyindamola:

Rest
Ajax is bigger than arsenal you know
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2021
daveP:

Lol. We'd see then.

As for Pepe, i still rate him o. But not as much as before sha. But he still can get a pk against really rough, reckless defenders.
Lol... Hopefully. I'm praying let Pepe pick form, but for now it's saddening that he's not at same wavelength with the attackers even though stats might say otherwise

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2021
daveP:
What did i just read? Are you kidding me? Abi na another player you're talking of?
Lol... No blame am

Any player wey dey arsenal according to rival fans na scrap.
That's how one guy came here one day and said partey can't enter into Chelsea first 11 grin

I no blame dem na... Na our decline cause all these things grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:26pm On Sep 29, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Can you read at all, you just they jump like puma
That is his 50th goals in emirates staduim
Auba have pass 100goals for arsenal, btw salah and mane have been in the league for a long time
Salah- 164apps 102goals
Mane- 235apps 98 goals
Auba- 119apps 66 goals
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... No blame am

Any player wey dey arsenal according to rival fans na scrap.
That's how one guy came here one day and said partey can't enter into Chelsea first 11 grin

I no blame dem na... Na our decline cause all these things grin
Just laughable.

That Partey own weak me. Na Saul Niguez go soon enter XI and dem go say na Tuchel groom am up. Asif Simeone na Days of Future Past. grin

Decline will soon be over. Hopefully. What a time!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:18pm On Sep 29, 2021
daveP:
Just laughable.

That Partey own weak me. Na Saul Niguez go soon enter XI and dem go say na Tuchel groom am up. Asif Simeone na Days of Future Past. grin

Decline will soon be over. Hopefully. What a time!!
Hopefully oo my brother grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2347) (2348) (2349) (2350) (2351) (2352) (2353) ... (3518) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Vischy, johnjunior39(m), AdisaOwala and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.