Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,595 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2313501 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:
I need to understand
Was white suppose to play this match at all angry angry
You know your squad is limited yet you will exhaust players
Smith should not even play sef

He played because Arteta thinks the other CB options are trash and we won't be able to push attack from the back like White helps us do
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:06pm On Oct 26, 2021
Arteta should save Pepe from further embarrassing himself and yank him off abeg

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 26, 2021
This our forward play is headache inducing
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2021
Nketiah almost miscued that ball.
Thank God it passed the goal line in time

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2021
Nketiah deserves that goal. We might say he's lucky, but He's put in much work this evening.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2021
Nice one nketiah
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:15pm On Oct 26, 2021
BlueRayDick:

He played because Arteta thinks the other CB options are trash and we won't be able to push attack from the back like White helps us do
holding and chambers can do that atleast
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:
holding and chambers can do that atleast

Those two are just one second away from committing errors. Even me wey no be coach no trust them. See the yeye ball wey Elneny dey play, imagine having holding and Chambers start with their own unpredictable errors lying in waiting....those people for Don press us till we commit for that first half o

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Those two are just one second away from committing errors. Even me wey no be coach no trust them. See the yeye ball wey Elneny dey play, imagine having holding and Chambers start with their own unpredictable errors lying in waiting....those people for Don press us till we commit for that first half o
Ever since Lukaku turned that Mari to mopping stick
I haven't seen his brake light
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Ever since Lukaku turned that Mari to mopping stick
I haven't seen his brake light

grin cheesy grin

Lukaku did our guy bad that day no be lie.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2021
Pepe is the reason why I will never take those Saliba and Guendouzi hype I've been reading seriously ; until both of them.come back to England to prove themselves.

I no just trust that yeye French league at all, see almost everybody in the pitch Don already know wetin Pepe wan do before he even think am cheesy. England na Ur mate?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
BlueRayDick:

grin cheesy grin

Lukaku did our guy bad that day no be lie.
Be like Arteta they shame for the guy grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2021
BlueRayDick:
Pepe is the reason why I will never take those Saliba and Guendouzi hype I've been reading seriously ; until both of them.come back to England to prove themselves.

I no just trust that yeye French league at all, see almost everybody in the pitch Don already know wetin Pepe wan do before he even think am cheesy. England na Ur mate?
Pepe is just naturally useless it has nothing to do with French league
We have seen nasri, Ben arfa, payet, hazard from the league
Even cornet I hardly rate is doing well

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

What I saw in him to rate him ahead of Salah then is still a mystery to me, I even hate Emery on top his case not knowing the dude is as silent as p in psychology.

Just imagine say we use the money buy Ziyech or Carrasco that front go dey juicy gaan ni.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:53pm On Oct 26, 2021
Akinbahm:

What I saw in him to rate him ahead of Salah then is still a mystery to me, I even hate Emery on top his case not knowing the dude is as silent as p in psychology.

Just imagine say we use the money buy Ziyech or Carrasco that front go dey juicy gaan ni.

grin

Fry pan to fire. Chelsea that bought ziyech keep lementing everyday say na waste of money. To put it like those verbal reasoning textbook used to write it back then : "Ziyech is to Chelsea as Pepe is to Arsenal "

Even Carrasco is not the player he used to be before he went to China. These two players are not really ahead of pepe if u look at their stats/returns since pepe was signed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:56pm On Oct 26, 2021
iamoyindamola:

These guys didn't last in the top level too Jàre. It can also be argued they are just the few lucky ones who played at the top level coming from the French league.

As if today, I no trust any player coming directly from the French league except he's proved himself in any of the top European leagues.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:53pm On Oct 26, 2021
BlueRayDick:

grin

Fry pan to fire. Chelsea that bought ziyech keep lementing everyday say na waste of money. To put it like those verbal reasoning textbook user to write it back then : "Ziyech is to Chelsea as Pepe is to Arsenal "

Even Carrasco is not the player he used to be before he went to China. These two players are not really ahead of pepe if u look at their stats/returns since pepe was sighed.
Quite objective.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:53pm On Oct 26, 2021
Min 4W, D, L
Max 5wins and a Loss(to Liverpool)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:14am On Oct 27, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Naaaa. I disagree. Over the years, since the EPL started, Ligue 1 has exported some of the best talents to the EPL and other competitive leagues. I will resist the temptation to start listing players who have moved from Ligue 1 to the EPL and have succeeded.
Pepe's situation is an individual situation that is a product of a combination of numerous issues at Arsenal, including his (primarily) I may add.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:40am On Oct 27, 2021
Akinbahm:

Wait you rated him ahead of salah shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:31am On Oct 27, 2021
Roland17:

Naaaa. I disagree. Over the years, since the EPL starter, Ligue 1 has exported some of the best talents to the EPL and other competitive leagues. I resist the temptation to start listing players who have moved from Ligue 1 to the EPL and have succeeded.
Pepe situation is an individual situation that is a product of a combination of numerous issues at Arsenal.

Well of a truth the French league exported some good talents in the past, but it also produced some weaklings/flops in the recent past like Bakayoko, Yaya " Sir-No-Goal", Gervinho etc that just couldn't find their feet in the EPL. So I really do not think Pepe's case is an individual situation.

I think their league is not what it used to be in the past and any player signed from any team in that league other than Psg may likely not turn out to what u are hoping for in the EPL.

I may be wrong, but that's how I see it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:54am On Oct 27, 2021
Kudos to Arteta and his team to turn things around coming from how we started, he is not the man for the job but he's grinding out results after the horror show in the first 3 matches.
Also we are becoming threats on set piece especially corner kicks.
I hope he and his team won't go back to default settings
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:57am On Oct 27, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Well of a truth the French league exported some good talents in the past, but it also produced some weaklings/flops in the recent past like Bakayoko, Yaya " Sir-No-Goal", Gervinho etc that just couldn't find their feet in the EPL. So I really do not think Pepe's case is an individual situation.

I think their league is not what it used to be in the past and any player signed from any team in that league other than Psg may likely not turn out to what u are hoping for in the EPL.

I may be wrong, but that's how I see it.
This your argument nor hold water o. Pepe was bought for 72m so you cannot class him together with Sanogo and Bakayoko as L1 exports to EPL when you have the likes of Hazard, Drogba, Nasri, Silva and many others. I am talking of players who actually conquered L1 before making the switch.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:18am On Oct 27, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Kudos to Arteta and his team to turn things around coming from how we started, he is not the man for the job but he's grinding out results after the horror show in the first 3 matches.
Lol, while I agree we've turned things around statistically, but performance-wise I don't fully agree cos most of the games we played we underwhelmed. I don't count carabao cups (unless it's semi or finals) or Europa group stage matches to rate our performance cos even if we lose for leagues, we still have ways of playing well in those two competitions.

We played well against Aston Villa after so many underpar performances and we have Leicester next. I feel after Leicester and Watford depending on their improved performances before I'll give kudos, cos for now I still feel it's too early.

As for the corner kicks, I noticed it against Aston Villa too, wanted to put it among my "thoughts on the game" but it skipped my memory. I just hope we'll continue being deadly in such situations going forward

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:30am On Oct 27, 2021
Jodera:
Lol, while I agree we've turned things around statistically, but performance-wise I don't fully agree cos most of the games we played we underwhelmed. I don't count carabao cups (unless it's semi or finals) or Europa group stage matches to rate our performance cos even if we lose for leagues, we still have ways of playing well in those two competitions.

We played well against Aston Villa after so many underpar performances and we have Leicester next. I feel after Leicester and Watford depending on their improved performances before I'll give kudos, cos for now I still feel it's too early.

As for the corner kicks, I noticed it against Aston Villa too, wanted to put it among my "thoughts on the game" but it skipped my memory. I just hope we'll continue being deadly in such situations going forward
That's why I used the word grind
What if the performance is good and we still losing
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:31am On Oct 27, 2021
Spy360:

This your argument nor hold water o. Pepe was bought for 72m so you cannot class him together with Sanogo and Bakayoko as L1 exports to EPL when you have the likes of Hazard, Drogba, Nasri, Silva and many others. I am talking of Ayers that actually conquered L1 before making the switch.

I never considered the cost of any of the players because transfer fees really don’t matter nowadays. What I’m more concerned about is players perceived to be top talents ending up to be flop in the EPL .

Like I said earlier , if those two ever come back to the EPL and prove their worth , then I will be happy to have them back.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:41am On Oct 27, 2021
iamoyindamola:

That's why I used the word grind
What if the performance is good and we still losing
Oh...Lol. While you used the word "grind", I saw "turn things around after our horror show", reason why I quoted you cos I felt it's still to early to say we've turned things around but then, I understand better where you're coming from now.

As for the bolded, it's better for we to have continuous good performances and lose than to have continuous bad performances and win, cos with the quality of players we have, the poor results won't last for long before us going back to winning ways.

As for poor performances and winning, I believe you've seen a live example with Man u. It'll just be the team papering over the cracks and when the thing wan crash, e go crash well. So to me, Great Performances anyday anytime, once that happens, 90% of the time result will follow esp if you still have good players
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:43am On Oct 27, 2021
Pepe that I know is beyond redemption even ebukacute Baba no fit change him destiny.
We better cash in on the mofos before it's too late or he infect our youngsters
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:55am On Oct 27, 2021
I don wash hand comot for Pepe matter. Not that I really had big hope on him from inception but the disappointments this guy serve is way less than the minimum I expected from him. Make arsenal just cut their losses sha cos nothing fit happen. Except maybe new coach takes over, and we all know that's not happening anytime soon
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:57am On Oct 27, 2021
iamoyindamola:

U are on point ! Let’s hope the good turn of results continue especially as we face tougher opponents
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ebukacute(m): 8:58am On Oct 27, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Pepe that I know is beyond redemption even ebukacute Baba no fit change him destiny.
We better cash in on the mofos before it's too late or he infect our youngsters
grin grin if I tear you slap sodiki
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:03am On Oct 27, 2021
Jodera:
I don wash hand comot for Pepe matter. Not that I really had big hope on him from inception but the disappointments this guy serve is way less than the minimum I expected from him. Make arsenal just cut their losses sha cos nothing fit happen. Except maybe new coach takes over, and we all know that's not happening anytime soon
Na only Swiss fit help peperenpe

(1) (2) (3) ... (2369) (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Fkforyou(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.