Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,184 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2373) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2313049 Views)

R35L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) ... (3485) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:03am On Oct 27, 2021
Ebukacute:

grin grin if I tear you slap sodiki
Tell your Baba we wan cash out na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:04am On Oct 27, 2021
Jodera:
I don wash hand comot for Pepe matter. Not that I really had big hope on him from inception but the disappointments this guy serve is way less than the minimum I expected from him. Make arsenal just cut their losses sha cos nothing fit happen. Except maybe new coach takes over, and we all know that's not happening anytime soon

Even if a new coach takes over, that coach will not teach him how to control the ball, how to keep the ball close to his feet when making a run and when to dribble or sprint.

Pepe's problem is fundamental. If u watch Bakayoko's embarrassing displays in Chelsea colors; that's similar to what Pepe is doing to us now. All tru yesterday when he's one-on-one with Leeds defenders almost everyone knows what he's going to do the ball; except Pepe himself. EPL is surely not for such kind of player.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:08am On Oct 27, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Even if a new coach takes over, that coach will not teach him how to control the ball, how to keep the ball close to his feet when making a run and when to dribble or sprint.

Pepe's problem is fundamental. If u watch Bakayoko's embarrassing displays in Chelsea colors; that's similar to what Pepe is doing to us now. All tru yesterday when he's one-on-one with Leeds defenders almost everyone knows what he's going to do the ball; except Pepe himself. EPL is surely not for such kind of player.
That's why I wanted martinelli to get more of the ball cos I fit shoot Pepe yesterday with the rubbish he was doing
I just hope sterling deal click so that the mofos can cement sit for bench
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:19am On Oct 27, 2021
Leno's jersey yesternight though grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ebukacute(m): 9:27am On Oct 27, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Tell your Baba we wan cash out na
Go meet baba ijebu
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:27am On Oct 27, 2021
daveP:
Leno's jersey yesternight though grin grin
Not the first time he wears our away jersey
He did the same against wolves last season, the guy like famzing players kits

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:40am On Oct 27, 2021
iamoyindamola:

Na only Swiss fit help peperenpe
Even swi.shh don disown pepe grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:46am On Oct 27, 2021
BlueRayDick:

Maybe the new coach might find a position for him close to the goal where he'll do more shooting and less dribbling. To be sincere, not that I even have hope a new coach will harness him better but I'm just giving myself hope. The only thing I'm just clinging onto Pepe is to play the left wing, maybe he might give okay performances cos the few times he did played there last season, he tried.

More so, I believe he's still young go learn all these basics like ball control and how to beat a player smartly. Either he doesn't want to improve by doing extra trainings or he's just lazy, cos I don't understand how he doesn't watch some of his clips.

Like him matches clips no dey shame am??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:47am On Oct 27, 2021
Jodera:
Maybe the new coach might find a position for him close to the goal where he'll do more shooting and less dribbling. To be sincere, not that I even have hope a new coach will harness him better but I'm just giving myself hope. The only thing I'm just clinging onto Pepe is to play the left wing, maybe he might give okay performances cos the few times he did played there last season, he tried.

More so, I believe he's still young go learn all these basics like ball control and how to beat a player smartly. Either he doesn't want to improve by doing extra trainings or he's just lazy, cos I don't understand how he doesn't watch some of his clips.

Like him matches clips no dey shame am??
Guy he is beyond redemption
Know this and have peace of mind
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:50am On Oct 27, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Guy he is beyond redemption
Know this and have peace of mind
grin grin grin
Chaiii cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2021
Here is why I always maintain that perception is usually not same as reality.

For a team that suffered 3 back-to-back-to-back defeats in the opening games of the season , our recent performance is not as poor as most fans perceive it to be. Maybe we are not there yet , but we are obviously not down and out .

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:40pm On Oct 27, 2021
BlueRayDick:
Here is why I always maintain that perception is usually not same as reality.

For a team that suffered 3 back-to-back-to-back defeats in the opening games of the season , our recent performance is not as poor as most fans perceive it to be. Maybe we are not there yet , but we are obviously not down and out .
We are improving statistically, No doubt but performance-wise we need to improve, what you brought is just result, it some times mask the performances. That has always being most of us opinion here. Nobody thought us as down and out.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:57pm On Oct 27, 2021
Jodera:
We are improving statistically, No doubt but performance-wise we need to improve, what you brought is just result, it some times mask the performances. That has always being most of us opinion here. Nobody thought us as down and out.
What u are referring to as performance here is ur own perception and not the reality .

The reality is that out of those 8 matches we were only outplayed by Brighton . The rest games we outplayed our opponents either by goals or possession.

If by performance u are expecting arsenal to win those matches 4-0 or end the match with 80-20 possession , then u are confusing Arsenal that finished 10th last season with some ready made team .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:13pm On Oct 27, 2021
BlueRayDick:

What u are referring to as performance here is ur own perception and not the reality .

The reality is that out of those 8 matches we were only outplayed by Brighton . The rest games we outplayed our opponents either by goals or possession.

If by performance u are expecting arsenal to win those matches 4-0 or end the match with 80-20 possession , then u are confusing Arsenal that finished 10th last season with some ready made team .
Lol... We won Aston Villa 3-1 by not having a possession of 80/20.
I don't need 8-0s, or 5-0s for now. I don't need 80/20 or 85/15 possession for now. What I just need is consistent Aston Villa performances.

To be honest, can we have consistent Aston Villa performances against average/mid table teams (bar man city, Liverpool and to some extent Chelsea)? I believe yes and I believe this squad is able to achieve that. I don't see how that is too much to ask, if you ask me.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:20pm On Oct 27, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... We won Aston Villa 3-1 by not having a possession of 80/20.
I don't need 8-0s, or 5-0s for now. I don't need 80/20 or 85/15 possession for now. What I just need is consistent Aston Villa performances.

To be honest, can we have consistent Aston Villa performances against average/mid table teams (bar man city, Liverpool and to some extent Chelsea)? I believe yes and I believe this squad is able to achieve that. I don't see how that is too much to ask, if you ask me.

The Aston Villa match is just one of the 6 wins and 2 draws in our recent unbeaten run to this point. What matters at the end of the season is the number W’s and D’s we are able to amass and the L’s we able to dodge .

We can only judge the team based on results achieved in matches we have before us up till this moment.... when it’s our turn to plan man utd, Liverpool and the rest of them we are yet to play we will see for ourselves what level we are .... As for now it won’t be inappropriate to appreciate how a team that lost to newly promoted side on the opening day of the new season has picked itself up and working itself up the table slow and steady.

I’m all in for criticizing the players/management when they aren’t getting , but I will also chip in a word of praise for them when they start to impress no matter how little
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
BlueRayDick:

The Aston Villa match is just one of the 6 wins and 2 draws in our recent unbeaten run to this point. What matters at the end of the season is the number W’s and D’s we are able to amass and the L’s we able to dodge .

We can only judge the team based on results achieved in matches we have before us up till this moment.... when it’s our turn to plan man utd, Liverpool and the rest of them we are yet to play we will see for ourselves what level we are .... As for now it won’t be inappropriate to appreciate how a team that lost to newly promoted side on the opening day of the new season has picked itself up and working itself up the table slow and steady.

I’m all in for criticizing the players/management when they aren’t getting , but I will also chip in a word of praise for them when they start to impress no matter how little
Okayy... Fair enough!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by FantasyHub: 10:44pm On Oct 27, 2021
iamoyindamola:
Kudos to Arteta and his team to turn things around coming from how we started, he is not the man for the job but he's grinding out results after the horror show in the first 3 matches.
Also we are becoming threats on set piece especially corner kicks.
I hope he and his team won't go back to default settings

Someone must be doing a good job in advising him about tactics. I suspect that man that he always hugs each time Arsenal scored a premier league goal.

Dude is clueless, someone that threw away Lucas Torreira , sold willock and bought lokonga.

SHAME!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
FantasyHub:

Someone must be doing a good job in advising him about tactics. I suspect that man that he always hugs each time Arsenal scored a premier league goal.

Dude is clueless, someone that threw away Lucas Torreira , sold willock and bought lokonga.

SHAME!
undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:35pm On Oct 27, 2021
FantasyHub:

SHAME!
one of the best decision he and the board made
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by FantasyHub: 11:43pm On Oct 27, 2021
Jodera:
one of the best decision he and the board made

Willock remains better than lokonga. No midfield in EPL can bully willock. Even in the absence of willock I'll rather play el-neny.

Lokonga cannot make Sunderland midfield.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:13am On Oct 28, 2021
FantasyHub:

Willock remains better than lokonga. No midfield in EPL can bully willock. Even in the absence of willock I'll rather play el-neny.

Lol... Maybe it's not the Joe willock I watched at arsenal laidis grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:06am On Oct 28, 2021
FantasyHub:

SHAME!

grin grin cheesy

Where did u read this “threw away Torriera “ theory ? Hope it’s not complete sports o.....For ur information , nobody threw Torriera away , the South American just wasn’t ready to stay in England and fight his place ; man was bitching about how he wants to move back to South America to be with his family . No serious club will keep such player especially a player that didn’t reach his full potential after he was signed after a promising showing at the World Cup.

As for Willock, he’s had his chance and didn’t convince the hierarchy of the club he can make it at arsenal just like his brothers Matty and Chris . You may want to argue he was unfortunate to be given a chance at arsenal at a time the club itself wasn’t doing great as a whole , but shey no be the same period Saka and Smith-Rowe took their chances and today they are mainstay in the team ?

Wo, Arsenal is lucky to have cashed-in on Willock , the same way they did on Iwobi. If we had been making such business decisions in the past , we would’ve made enough money off so many potentials that never turned out to be superstars
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 6:26am On Oct 28, 2021
FantasyHub:

SHAME!

Will wat?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 6:26am On Oct 28, 2021
FantasyHub:

Hian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:37am On Oct 28, 2021
FantasyHub:

SHAME!
We all agree that Arteta is piss poor. But the points you listed against him can't hold.

1. Torreira left on his own wish
2. The sale of Willock was good business since we bought Odegaard with the funds.
3. The signing of Lokonga for a meagre sum was a good decision since he is a reliable back up for Xhaka/Partey. He was captain of Anderlecht in Belgium, a top club in that league at his tender age is no mean feat. He is also a in Belgium NT. So saying he won't make Sunderland midfield is going overboard and being emotional.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:30am On Oct 28, 2021
Spy360:

We all agree that Arteta is piss poor. But the points you listed against him can't hold.

1. Torreira left on his own wish
2. The sale of Willock was good business since we bought Odegaard with the funds.
3. The signing of Lokonga for a meagre sum was a good decision since he is a reliable back up for Xhaka/Partey. He was captain of Anderlecht in Belgium, a top club in that league at his tender age is no mean feat. He is also a in Belgium NT. So saying he won't make Sunderland midfield is going overboard and being emotional.
You just spoke facts of facts!!!
Maybe the guy na Big Willock fan!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:57pm On Oct 28, 2021
Omo. .the way Laca dey celebrate goals ehn. . . . goals wey another person score fah
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:34pm On Oct 28, 2021
Jodera:
You just spoke facts of facts!!!
Maybe the guy na Big Willock fan!

Is he a bigger Willock fan than @Spy360?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2021
Roland17:

Lol... With the way he says "no EPL midfielder can bully Willock", I guess he is oo. Even Spy no utter such na grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
Roland17:

grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
I have been seeing the argument abeg which of the willock
Is it the one fighting relegation with Newcastle
God no go shame us that was how they complained about iwobi still iwobi can't outscore Smith or saka
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:34pm On Oct 28, 2021
iamoyindamola:
I have been seeing the argument abeg which of the willock
Is it the one fighting relegation with Newcastle
God no go shame us that was how they complained about iwobi still iwobi can't outscore Smith or saka
Lol...na Willock oo. Like Joe Willock grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (2370) (2371) (2372) (2373) (2374) (2375) (2376) ... (3485) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.