Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2331921 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2469) (2470) (2471) (2472) (2473) (2474) (2475) ... (3518) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:49pm On Jan 30, 2022
Spy360:

He didn't want to come to Arsenal true, but his club would have forced him to move because they wanted to sell this January not summer. It was his agent that approached Juventus to take over the deal- good for them. This too has forced Juventus to return Morata.

So you would love to have a player who from the onset made it clear he doesn’t want to join us but is forced to move by his club?

Italy is different from England. Transitioning to Italy for many European players is easier in comparison to England. Italy has very strong cultural and traditional values in food, language and family that makes it easier.

The same Morata that was successful at Juve was a flop and struggled immensely in England. So when we forcefully get him and he struggles, what happens? Who do we blame?

This is the Locatelli situation from last summer all over again. Player makes it very clear they don’t want to join Arsenal or leave Italy, other teams in England respect it and back down but Arsenal continues to chase ghosts until it blows in their face, by then it is too late to get something real.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:03pm On Jan 30, 2022
Spy360:

He didn't want to come to Arsenal true, but his club would have forced him to move because they wanted to sell this January not summer. It was his agent that approached Juventus to take over the deal- good for them. This too has forced Juventus to return Morata.
We might get morata grin cheesy
Auba will go to barca
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:05pm On Jan 30, 2022
Roland17:

So you would love to have a player who from the onset made it clear he doesn’t want to join us but is forced to move by his club?

Italy is different from England. Transitioning to Italy for many European players is easier in comparison to England. Italy has very strong cultural and traditional values in food, language and family that makes it easier.

The same Morata that was successful at Juve was a flop and struggled immensely in England. So when we forcefully get him and he struggles, what happens? Who do we blame?

This is the Locatelli situation from last summer all over again. Player makes it very clear they don’t want to join Arsenal or leave Italy, other teams in England respect it and back down but Arsenal continues to chase ghosts until it blows in their face, by then it is too late to get something real.
That's because those incharge are stupid and time wasters
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:21pm On Jan 30, 2022
Roland17:

That's not my point. I only want to make it clear that a sale was possible.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:23pm On Jan 30, 2022
iamoyindamola:

We might get morata grin cheesy
Auba will go to barca
Not bad. But his salary is big o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:24pm On Jan 30, 2022
Spy360:

That's not my point. I only want to make it clear that a sale was possible.

Apologies, now I understand your perspective.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2022
Omo, nothing no rumour no talk.

I feel it would be like summer transfer, all those late purchase kind of thing cos omo we honestly need a striker and I don't understand turning down bid for nekiath self
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:39pm On Jan 30, 2022
johnjunior39:
Omo, nothing no rumour no talk.

I feel it would be like summer transfer, all those late purchase kind of thing cos omo we honestly need a striker and I don't understand turning down bid for nekiath self

We need midfielder than striker . A striker can wait till end of the season but a midfielder should be top priority this January.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 9:52pm On Jan 30, 2022
BlueRayDick:

We need midfielder than striker . A striker can wait till end of the season but a midfielder should be top priority this January.

Who will score the goals sir?

Lacazatte or Nekiath?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:10pm On Jan 30, 2022
johnjunior39:

Who will score the goals sir?

Lacazatte or Nekiath?

The goals have never been a problem . Our highest goal scorer is smith-4cking-Rowe. He’s an AM .

When Auba was scoring people here complained he was just a tap-in merchant and wanted Laca to feature more; Laca ha been doing that more but rarely score. Well, that’s a story for another day sha .

We have attacking options in Martinelli , Laca, Nketiah , Patino, Pepe etc .

Compared to midfield where we have a tragic Xhaka , injury prone Partey , a Lokonga that is yet to prove why he was signed and an Elneny that has refused to get better .

I will prefer an addition is made to the midfield first before the attack considering our attackers hardly score under Arteta .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:26am On Jan 31, 2022
No hope we are getting anyone today
But I want to believe we will get a CF either icardi or morata on loan
Then midfielder Douglas luiz and we close shop but is that enough?
Auba will move to Barca, nketiah will likely join Newcastle
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Carot: 8:00am On Jan 31, 2022
iamoyindamola:
mbappe is available
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:06am On Jan 31, 2022
Carot:
mbappe is available
Lmaooooooo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 8:13am On Jan 31, 2022
iamoyindamola:
mehn this arsenal board decision making dey like decisions wey only IT istudent fit make for a firm
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by JoeOdion(m): 11:04am On Jan 31, 2022

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:33am On Jan 31, 2022
kodded:
mehn this arsenal board decision making dey like decisions wey only IT istudent fit make for a firm
We are going down at a fast rate
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 11:43am On Jan 31, 2022
iamoyindamola:

While I hope we can get one or two late surprise signings like Tomi in the last summer transfer... If we fail to sign any, I will not cry.

December was our best month of the season so far, and none of Aubameyang, Maitland-Niles, Kolasinac, Mari and Calum Chambers (and Balogun) featured even once in it. If we can avoid injuries, we might just survive by beating mid and bottom table teams and make top 6.

And I doubt seriously if Nketiah will be sold without us getting another CF 1st.

But fingers crossed, anything might still happen before the end of the day.... if not, we move.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 11:43am On Jan 31, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Icardi please ....

However looking at it from the other side, I feel like the management already had a target of who the want to buy who unfortunately most of them will not be available this period.

Looking at that Bruno situation, he is not an outright defensive midfielder( I like him alot too but lokonga play same thing with him, we have Xhaka too). Any player that we will be competing with teams like Newcastle or Aston Villa to buy skip it abeg.

I feel like the are more concerned about clearing the financial table which is not bad, if we can get players on loan I will prefer to outright purchase of what we don't really need.

We still have Eleny,Lokonga,Xhaka and Partey in midfield plus Platino who I see the want to give some minutes.my fear is injury, aside injury if we manage our squad which until January, Arteta seems to have a plan(try not to concede, win smaller teams and all that) we can achieve Europe for next season butttt we need a striker
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:57pm On Jan 31, 2022
If anything at all, only a blind man would think all is well with what we are seeing currently.

Now look at what we have left.

18 outfield players left to go through this season. Now imagine the injuries for the next 5months......

Besides, Aubameyang hasn't played in over 8weeks. Meaning that almost £3m has gone down to absolutely nothing useful. Nothing useful. For a club that we know how the ceo behaves, arteta is really cocky and stupid at the same time throwing cash down the drain especially when there is absolutely not viable replacement at the moment.

What a time to be a Gunner. Will be a miracle if we qualify for UCL football, sincerely.

In addition, Elneny has been in fine form at this Afcon. Hilarious that he's played more minutes at Afcon than he has in almost two seasons combined at Arsenal. My crux will be Arteta not seeing this and deploying him in such a way as seen in this Afcon. Hopefully, Pepe is back and better. But we need a Striker, even if na loan. After WC, they can buy whoever permanently.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:27pm On Jan 31, 2022
johnjunior39:

Icardi please ....

However looking at it from the other side, I feel like the management already had a target of who the want to buy who unfortunately most of them will not be available this period.

Looking at that Bruno situation, he is not an outright defensive midfielder( I like him alot too but lokonga play same thing with him, we have Xhaka too). Any player that we will be competing with teams like Newcastle or Aston Villa to buy skip it abeg.

I feel like the are more concerned about clearing the financial table which is not bad, if we can get players on loan I will prefer to outright purchase of what we don't really need.

We still have Eleny,Lokonga,Xhaka and Partey in midfield plus Platino who I see the want to give some minutes.my fear is injury, aside injury if we manage our squad which until January, Arteta seems to have a plan(try not to concede, win smaller teams and all that) we can achieve Europe for next season butttt we need a striker
You are defending these guys
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:59pm On Jan 31, 2022
ramsey to rangers
omo greediness tuined this guy career sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2022
iamoyindamola:
ramsey to rangers
omo greediness tuined this guy career sha

He was foolish enough to believe he would displace their midfielders and walk straight into their starting line-up. Good for him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:18pm On Jan 31, 2022
BlueRayDick:

He was foolish enough to believe he would displace their midfielders and walk straight into their starting line-up. Good for him
As in thunder fire him blokos
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 2:52pm On Jan 31, 2022
Arsenal doing things Arsenally smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:25pm On Jan 31, 2022
So auba didn't miss or go late to Barca for medical
Stupid overgrown adult angry
Bushbaby
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:31pm On Jan 31, 2022
Awo lor

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:33pm On Jan 31, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Bushbaby

I just hope we got something reasonable from who’s sale sha . At least thank God he didn’t run out the rest of his contract on the bench eating free salary .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:50pm On Jan 31, 2022
BlueRayDick:

I just hope we got something reasonable from who’s sale sha . At least thank God he didn’t run out the rest of his contract on the bench eating free salary .
Wtf
Omo if this is true then we are in it

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 5:04pm On Jan 31, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Bushbaby

I have no respect for that dude swears. For once, I am proud of Arteta strict attitude. He is pure bad omen
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:12pm On Jan 31, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Wtf
Omo if this is true then we are in it
That big salary don mess us up, and the yeye Gabonese will never accept pay cut
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2022
Auba can be our LANS grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2022
johnjunior39:

I have no respect for that dude swears. For once, I am proud of Arteta strict attitude. He is pure bad omen
It takes courage to keep a big guy like Auba out of the squad.

If the Barca doesn't go through, then he would be forced to take a pay cut and play with the U23s

(1) (2) (3) ... (2469) (2470) (2471) (2472) (2473) (2474) (2475) ... (3518) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: AdisaOwala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.