Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,916 members, 7,863,195 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:53 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2542) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2362145 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2539) (2540) (2541) (2542) (2543) (2544) (2545) ... (3550) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:
grin grin grin

Funny day grin
grin grin grin

I tell you.

All men dey para, some no even get time to quote again.

grin grin grin

Happy Easter Monday
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2022
Spy360:

So you are saying that Partey is the reason we have been successful so far? Yes or no.
He's one of the key reasons, tho each player have varying degrees. But I'll say his is the highest so far.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:
grin grin grin

Funny day grin

The Southampton loss really do us something. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:19pm On Apr 18, 2022
Spy360:

grin grin grin

I tell you.

grin grin grin

Happy Easter Monday

You no go wish me happy Easter Monday angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:22pm On Apr 18, 2022
Spy360:

grin grin grin

I tell you.

grin grin grin

Happy Easter Monday
Lol, when I wrote that write-up, I didn't expect these reactions honestly grin

Happy Easter to you too bro. Hope your day was great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:27pm On Apr 18, 2022
Roland17:

The Southampton loss really do us something. grin
No lies bro.
E be like say all the pent up anger and emotions wey dey bottled up, guys just release am today grin

The loss hit all guys hard grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:02am On Apr 19, 2022
Roland17:

You no go wish me happy Easter Monday angry
grin grin grin grin

Happy Easter Monday

(As per your Monday still dey on even on my Tuesday)

grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:04am On Apr 19, 2022
Jodera:

He's one of the key reasons, tho each player have varying degrees. But I'll say his is the highest so far.

So I am right then. We missed our best player and it affected the team psychologically. kiss

I strongly believe that our golden boys aka Saka, Martinelli, ESR and Odegaard can drive this team if they can be charged up mentally.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:44am On Apr 19, 2022
Spy360:

So I am right then. We missed our best player and it affected the team psychologically. kiss

I strongly believe that our golden boys aka Saka, Martinelli, ESR and Odegaard can drive this team if they can be charged up mentally.
Lol, clubs have missed their best player and still performed well. It all depends on the quality substitute to fill in the role.

For example, this season my contender for the best player's award will be Partey or Saka. Now in my opinion, I might say Saka is the best player but if I'm to choose between Saka and Partey who I can do without for a few months, I'll probably not want to lose Partey.

And the reason is simple, If Saka replacement is ESR or Martinelli we won't collapse, but who will replace Partey and we won't feel his impact much? There lies the issue.

And that's also the main reason Liverpool never look out of sort when Mane and Salah went to afcon cos their quality replacement helped to see the team through.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 9:39am On Apr 19, 2022
Dream on mate grin cheesy grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 10:54am On Apr 19, 2022
BlueRayDick:
A lot of misplaced anger here and there. From arsenal didn’t sign Midfielders to arsenal not signing the same amount of midfielders as Defenders.

Arsenal had Xhaka , Elneny , Partey already on our books who could play CM/DM . We signed Odegaard and Lokonga to make 5 senior players available for a 2 man role …. Instead make una criticize the quality of signing , u are busy questioning why more midfielders weren’t signed . Smh

Loserpool has only signed 2 players in the last 2 transfer windows we no hear story cos of the quality of the signing complementing the team on ground.

We needed a RB and LB backup/ options and the same was sorted …. We cleared some clowns in our CB position and needed to bring a replacement; white was signed .

All these will never be put into perspective , na to just blame the coach and cuss him out not minding some people are responsible for recommending and signing quality recruits.

Wo let agenda continue to flow jere . Peace out!

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:57am On Apr 19, 2022
[quote author=Akinbahm post=112082008][/quote]

Agenda well noted!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 11:00am On Apr 19, 2022
You know the funny thing or should I say annoying part is that the so called clowns we formerly had never have been this terrible.
10 matches lost already and season never end
Nawa oo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:32am On Apr 19, 2022

Spy360 food don done for DWYL oo grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:35am On Apr 19, 2022
50d33q:

You know the funny thing or should I say annoying part is that the so called clowns we formerly had never have been this terrible.
Nawa oo
Almost the same number of goals as at last season with 7 matches still left to play..

Na that one even shock me sef grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 11:41am On Apr 19, 2022
Jodera:
Almost the same number of goals as at last season with 7 matches still left to play..

I Dan talk am before we need new set of defenders
Shebi these ones get luck play with player like partey
Mustafi was playing with xhaka and Leno
If Leno no pick stupid pass, mustafi will slip or xhaka will commit.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 11:49am On Apr 19, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Agenda well noted!

Forget agenda bro, it’s vivid for the blind to see. Without being sentimental Arteta tried with the defense department but failed woefully in other departments prolly because of media ranting about our woeful defenders.

Have forgotten the monicker here that always writes epistle on how Xhaka usually makes players around him better, another monicker engaged in logically why Xhaka needed to be replaced with better player but my guy still remain on his stance. You raised the issue of having Elneny, Xhaka, Lokonga, Ode and Partey as senior men in Epl cheesy we still have a long way to go.

We cited lots of reasons why that midfield and one or two players in forward needs overhaul before that defense but you were adamant on your claims the defense should b addressed first, here we are with the result starring at us in picture attached.

If am in for agenda saga, I should be trolling you, spy and 2 other monickers have forgotten their names after Jan TW.

Any team that want to beat Arsenal should just have two deadly forward and 2-3 players that will constantly pressure our midfielders for full 90minutes.

I’m still on my stance if Arteta manage to secure Top4 this season I will start supporting his project fully.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:59am On Apr 19, 2022
50d33q:

I Dan talk am before we need new set of defenders
Shebi these ones get luck play with player like partey
Mustafi was playing with xhaka and Leno
If Leno no pick stupid pass, mustafi will slip or xhaka will commit.
Xhaka in midfield while mustafi/sokratis and luiz in defence grin

Leno try no be small grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 12:03pm On Apr 19, 2022
Jodera:
Xhaka in midfield while mustafi/sokratis and luiz in defence grin

Leno try no be small grin
Then Leno start him own with pass from back way your defenders they fear to collect ball instead to buude he must pass which will lead to goal
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Akinbahm(m): 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2022
50d33q:

Nawa oo

Anytime you stated things outside their claims they termed you “agendist”, I remembered we told them if you have 2Van dirk as CB with Xhaka shielding him upfront and same Xhaka shielding erratic Pepe, aesthetic Auba, LacaNogoal, young Saka and Martinelli it’s very certain Van will chop lots of goals (it might not be embarrassing as that of Mustafi crew) but with time it will get worse pass Mustafi crew if attention is not channel to other departments.

Last season introduction of Smith boosted us, this season injury free Partey boosted us and gave us small hope for Top4 now Partey is injured and everything fell again.

Gabriel was injured we didn’t have much issues like that of Partey injury should tell us where Arsenal problem lies exactly.

A proven DM as Partey back up and a prolific Striker in January TW should be enough to strengthen this current squad to reach Top4 with ease and help prepared for next season ahead. Spy was at one time justifying the act of not buying any player in Jan TW as a good decision since our target failed to come smh.

I dey happy with our losses maybe it will make we fans to be more logical.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:11pm On Apr 19, 2022
Akinbahm:

Forget agenda bro, it’s vivid for the blind to see. Without being sentimental Arteta tried with the defense department but failed woefully in other departments prolly because of media ranting about our woeful defenders.

Have forgotten the monicker here that always writes epistle on how Xhaka usually makes players around him better, another monicker engaged in logically why Xhaka needed to be replaced with better player but my guy still remain on his stance. You raised the issue of having Elneny, Xhaka, Lokonga, Ode and Partey as senior men in Epl cheesy we still have a long way to go.

We cited lots of reasons why that midfield and one or two players in forward needs overhaul before that defense but you were adamant on your claims the defense should b addressed first, here we are with the result starring at us in picture attached.

If am in for agenda saga, I should be trolling you, spy and 2 other monickers have forgotten their names after Jan TW

Any team that want to beat Arsenal should just have two deadly forward and 2-3 players that will constantly pressure our midfielders for full 90minutes.

I’m still on my stance if Arteta manage to secure Top4 this season I will start supposrtjng his project fully.
grin grin grin grin

Me I go still dey talk am, na that January Tw kill us. How the board, edu and Arteta thought that our players won't have injuries/COVID to some first team players was really bold of them. Very very bold and it was glaring.

Anytime after match day I always look at the bench and reason, if indeed we're looking for goals or key someone had injury, who will replace in that Midfield and attack?
only ESR is a worthy Sub Specifically for just attackwise or for direct replacement for Odegaard if Odegaard have injury.

But you see dem Elneny, Sambi, Pepe. They never inspire person at all.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 12:12pm On Apr 19, 2022
Akinbahm:

Anytime you stated things outside their claims they termed you “agendist”, I remembered we told them if you have 2Van dirk as CB with Xhaka shielding him upfront and same Xhaka shielding erratic Pepe, aesthetic Auba, LacaNogoal, young Saka and Martinelli it’s very certain Van will chop lots of goals (it might not be embarrassing as that of Mustafi crew) but with time it will get worse pass Mustafi crew if attention is not channel to other departments.

Last season introduction of Smith boosted us, this season injury free Partey boosted us and gave us small hope for Top4 now Partey is injured and everything fell again.

Gabriel was injured we didn’t have much issues like that of Partey injury should tell us where Arsenal problem lies exactly.

A proven DM as Partey back up and a prolific Striker in January TW should be enough to strengthen this current squad to reach Top4 with ease and help prepared for next season ahead. Spy was at one time justifying the act of not buying any player in Jan TW as a good decision since our target failed to come smh.

Bro my tired is tired
I don't know how arsenal fans that have watched the team every year come to say defense is the main priority to be fixed before midfield
It was so obvious last season we need new and better players in midfield
Make we they look na season go soon end we go know our fate
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2022
50d33q:

Then Leno start him own with pass from back way your defenders they fear to collect ball instead to buude he must pass which will lead to goal
grin grin grin

Like you said now, na new defenders we need in Vvd and Ruben Dias grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2022
Akinbahm:

If am in for agenda saga, I should be trolling you, spy and 2 other monickers have forgotten their names after Jan TW.

I’m still on my stance if Arteta manage to secure Top4 this season I will start supposrtjng his project fully.

I am not in the mood to start explaining my stand on this issue over and over again.

Shebi the person who wrote the tweet was unaware Arsenal signed two midfielders last summer, it was only defenders and goal keeper we signed....smh.

Make una believe anything una wan believe and carry on with una agenda. E go be!

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2022
Jodera:
grin grin grin

Like you said now, na new defenders we need in Vvd and Ruben Dias grin
Our next season transfer budget must be spent on CB or we riot
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, clubs have missed their best player and still performed well. It all depends on the quality substitute to fill in the role.

For example, this season my contender for the best player's award will be Partey or Saka. Now in my opinion, I might say Saka is the best player but if I'm to choose between Saka and Partey who I can do without for a few months, I'll probably not want to lose Partey.

And the reason is simple, If Saka replacement is ESR or Martinelli we won't collapse, but who will replace Partey and we won't feel his impact much? There lies the issue.

And that's also the main reason Liverpool never look out of sort when Mane and Salah went to afcon cos their quality replacement helped to see the team through.
Losing your best player(s) will always have psychological effect. How you handle this determines how the next game(s) pan out. Good teams have better mental strength.

You need to watch the highlights of that match and tell me if not for Foster, we would have won that match.

Its just that time is of big essence if not you would see that these same set of players will beat all those teams they lost to once they get used to not having Partey.

I have seen that match over again and can tell you categorically that their problem is a mental/psychological one.

Time will tell.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:21pm On Apr 19, 2022
Akinbahm:

That bolded was 100%. That's what at least was really needed to scale us through this period.

I dey suspect say Spy dey among the board members. Na only him dey understand wetin this board dey do cos e surprise me say the Tw was talked more about our players leaving instead of expecting players coming and people didn't see issue with that grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:26pm On Apr 19, 2022
Jodera:

What's shocking to me is that the agenda never look at the table of points. But they must make their point even though they know it's pointless.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:30pm On Apr 19, 2022
Spy360:

You need to watch the highlights of that match and tell me if not for Foster, we would have won that match.

Its just that time is of big essence if not you would see that these same set of players will beat all those teams they lost to once they get used to not having Partey.

I have seen that match over again and can tell you categorically that their problem is a mental/psychological one.

Time will tell.
1.. That was a very poor Southampton side
2.. we only upped our game in 2nd half When ESR came in bar Saka missed chance in first half.

Again, I noticed you don't put things in perspective most times (no disrespect here please). We fully attacked them when all our attackers are in the pitch (Nketiah, ESR Odegaard, Saka Martinelli). So yes, we're throwing it all since nothing to loseand they, they're absorbing pressure since they've already gotten what they wanted( the goal). We can't start matches with all our attackers you know

This was same way you felt Sambi played a fine game against crystal palace when we were losing 3-0 and palace retreated in pressing since they've already gotten what they wanted.

You can say Psychological issues all you like but this season this team have played better with Tierney out, Saka out, Laca out, Xhaka out, Tomi out

The only time our play is lacking psychological tendencies na when Partey no dey dey available. Haba na cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2022
Spy360:

What's shocking to me is that the agenda never look at the table of points. But they must make their point even though they know it's pointless.
do you know we're on the cusp of finishing in worse position than last season if we continue like this.

And yeah, the reason why we're in this table of points presently is because of the goals scored which cancels out the goals conceded that makes our point higher than last season.

Midfield and attack speaking grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2022
Jodera:

1.. That was a very poor Southampton side
2.. we only upped our game in 2nd half When ESR came in bar Saka missed chance in first half.

Again, I noticed you don't put things in perspective most times (no disrespect here please). We fully attacked them when all our attackers are in the pitch (Nketiah, ESR Odegaard, Saka Martinelli). So yes, we're throwing it all since nothing to loseand they, they're absorbing pressure since they've already gotten what they wanted( the goal). We can't start matches with all our attackers you know

This was same way you felt Sambi played a fine game against crystal palace when we were losing 3-0 and palace retreated in pressing since they've already gotten what they wanted.

You can say Psychological issues all you like but this season this team have played better with Tierney out, Saka out, Laca out, Xhaka out, Tomi out

The only time our play is lacking psychological tendencies na when Partey no dey dey available. Haba na cheesy
Partey FC
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2022
Akinbahm:

Your memory is sharp.

This is to let all those pushing attack/midfield agenda that there was a genuine attempt to sign quality midfielder and striker- Vlahovic, in January. Our lack of European commitment spoiled those moves.

In times past we would have panicked and signed rubbish just to meet the demand, but this time we showed foresight and refocused on the team.

I prefer this. I prefer that we can have a go again next window from a fresh start rather than whine about how bad those signings would have become and being forced to work them out (see Pepe).

We were just unfortunate, but it will definitely pay off. There will be so much room for two or three strikers next season. That's more refreshing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2539) (2540) (2541) (2542) (2543) (2544) (2545) ... (3550) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.