Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,949 members, 7,863,357 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:13 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2362441 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2538) (2539) (2540) (2541) (2542) (2543) (2544) ... (3550) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:25pm On Apr 18, 2022
For the summer, I won't mind having Saliba and Guen(not sure) back.

Bruno Guimares scored twice yesterday, player we suppose at least get on loan in January..SMH

Xhaka, Laca, Nketiah and Pepe should go especially Xhaka. I hate superstition but we stopped making UCL spot since he arrived.

Torreira is winning POTM in Italy so we should be able to get better cash...Mavro too suppose cough out small money too..

The problem is striker no dey
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:32pm On Apr 18, 2022
A lot of misplaced anger here and there. From arsenal didn’t sign Midfielders to arsenal not signing the same amount of midfielders as Defenders.

Arsenal had Xhaka , Elneny , Partey already on our books who could play CM/DM . We signed Odegaard and Lokonga to make 5 senior players available for a 2 man role …. Instead make una criticize the quality of signing , u are busy questioning why more midfielders weren’t signed . Smh

Loserpool has only signed 2 players in the last 2 transfer windows we no hear story cos of the quality of the signing complementing the team on ground.

We needed a RB and LB backup/ options and the same was sorted …. We cleared some clowns in our CB position and needed to bring a replacement; white was signed .

All these will never be put into perspective , na to just blame the coach and cuss him out not minding some people are responsible for recommending and signing quality recruits.

Wo let agenda continue to flow jere . Peace out!

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:33pm On Apr 18, 2022
I remember the beginning of this season when arsenal was scraping wins while playing nonsense. I praised that the defence was standing their ground but warned that it's not sustainable that arsenal should better get their act right before it backfires. No one saw it as agenda because I praised defence then(I guess)

Fast forward to mid December and our midfield was great and we were playing beautiful football. Everyone was happy and there was optimism that arsenal could actually go far. Stark difference to the optimism when the defence was carrying us.

I waited for Jan to see whether the team would strengthened cos I warned that this team is strictly first eleven and the distance to May is much that we can't bank on using only this first team esp that Midfield and attack(cos the bench performers are not on par) and cos of possible injuries even using parablical virgins story, but I was cautioned that the team is Okay and all that.

Now chicken have come home to roost and injuries have happened to the key player. Instead of seeing the main reason and why his replacements are costing us games, na agenda Una wan dey see while covering it up with "Partey injury is affecting everybody, the team is psychologically down". Like say Partey be their Papa

Make Una continuuu...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 2:40pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:
I remember the beginning of this season when arsenal was scraping wins while playing nonsense. I praised that the defence was standing their ground but warned that it's not sustainable that arsenal should better get their act right before it backfires. No one saw it as agenda because I praised defence then(I guess)

Fast forward to mid December and our midfield was great and we were playing beautiful football. Everyone was happy and there was optimism that arsenal could actually go far. Stark difference to the optimism when the defence was carrying us.

I waited for Jan to see whether the team would strengthened cos I warned that this team is strictly first eleven and the distance to May is much that we can't bank on using only this first team esp that Midfield and attack(cos the bench performers are not on par) and cos of possible injuries even using parablical virgins story, but I was cautioned that the team is Okay and all that.

Now chicken have come home to roost and injuries have happened to the key player. Instead of seeing the main reason and why his replacements are costing us games, na agenda Una wan dey see while covering it up with "Partey injury is affecting everybody, the team is psychologically down". Like say Partey be their Papa

Make Una continuuu...
We are partey FC

Hallelujah gunners
We had Dino and saliba even if we want to clear the clowns why not replace with these youngsters but Baba go blow money on defenders that have lost 10 matches this season
I can't remember mustafi and his clowns losing that much in a season that haven't ended
Agenda must agend today grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:44pm On Apr 18, 2022
BlueRayDick:

How u chose to interprete my post is the problem here. I didn't use the word "only” in my post ( it’s still there, u can check it ).

They lost Van Djik for the whole season and they paid heavily for it. Even when other CB options were available Van Djik who happens to be their best player in previous seasons as recognized by PFA , UEFA and even Balon D’or ( he placed second ) was not available for selection and it is one of the major reasons they ended up how the way they ended.
How can someone who wasn't in the team for upto 3 months yet they where topping table those 3 good months suddenly be the reason for their slump after 3 months is baffling.

You're grasping at straws here. You didn't see gomez and Matip injury that spiralled their fall na Vvd of 3 months ago.

Laughable grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:49pm On Apr 18, 2022
50d33q:

His biggest mistake is his ego, I still don't trust that man
He strike me like a snake, bloody pretender we only know what we see.
grin grin grin

His ego is one thing, but I won't deny he didn't do a good job this season. No be everybody fit use these kain kids play the way we do. His biggest mistake was gambling on his first 11 to stay fit all through the next half of this season. That proved fatal and it's clearly unfolding in our eyes.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:54pm On Apr 18, 2022
50d33q:

We are partey FC

Hallelujah gunners
[b]We had Dino and saliba even if we want to clear the clowns why not replace with these youngsters [/b]but Baba go blow money on defenders that have lost 10 matches this season
I can't remember mustafi and his clowns losing that much in a season that haven't ended
Agenda must agend today grin grin
No more Holding FC again??

For the bolded, maybe Arteta felt they were not ready. Afterall na him know wetin him want. I'm not even angry about the August transfer window esp White deal. Na Jan Tw dey pain me pass.

Guimares dey show us greenlight, yet we choose to rely on Sambi if partey gets injured. Dem wan tell me say no good Midfielders dey throughout January to loan from. Something tells me they started their searchlight on January instead of earlier
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:55pm On Apr 18, 2022
50d33q:

Maybe we should buy him grin
grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:04pm On Apr 18, 2022
50d33q:

There's no way I will forgive that foolish old man for what he did to this club
Evra will mock us before games and after games because he knows they will always win
Look at that waste life in Watford too deeney mocking us
Lol, na that 6-0 pain me pass.

Mou insult Wenger during his 1000th game in charge (an extraordinary feat), mock am still give arsenal that kain high score. Which kinda bully pass that one grin

Wenger ehh..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:
How can someone who wasn't in the team for upto 3 months yet they where topping table those 3 good months suddenly be the reason for their slump after 3 months is baffling.

You're grasping at straws here. You didn't see gomez and Matip injury that spiralled their fall na Vvd of 3 months ago.

Laughable grin

What straws are u talking about ?

The season then everything was it dem Gomez that were Loserpool’s best players ? We’re they the one’s recognized by the aforementioned bodies with awards ?

This season Van Djik is fit once again and they are chasing Quadruple suddenly .

Arsenal has lost Partey and no player has been able to step into his shoes thus far.

I don’t need u to agree with me , I’ve only stated the obvious.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 3:05pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, na that 6-0 pain me pass.

Mou insult Wenger during his 1000th game in charge (an extraordinary feat), mock am still give arsenal that kain high score. Which kinda bully pass that one grin

Wenger ehh..
grin grin
Abeg I no wan remember those days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:09pm On Apr 18, 2022
mostob:
grin grin
That period na torture. Some unknown player go mock us and still whip us on matchday.
[b]I don't know where Wenger got it wrong. [/b]He was the one that formed the invincible for God's sake.
I feel the game was getting advanced more than him but he refused to acknowledge the fact. That's where he really got it wrong.

That's why I laugh when some arsenal fans will say had it been he was still here we would still be dragging for top 4. He killed and buried all the mentality the team initially had.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:15pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:
When did it affect City?
A City with De Bruyne will not lose to Liverpool in a semi final.

If Liverpool loses Salah or Mane, it will definitely affect them, unless the rest quickly pick themselves up.

Arsenal team has just been managing to pull through, but losing Partey will always be a huge blow.

They will be back if they can get their heads straight, and quickly enough.

I have been fortunate to be able to read games and correctly predict player contributions. I can confidently tell you that the problem with this team is mainly mental attitude.
Jencejyde has cried about this time and again (even though I accused him of being critical) but he was very correct. Once they get their heads up, and pick up the fighting attitude, the likes of Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard, Gabriel, White etc can still rally this team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:20pm On Apr 18, 2022
BlueRayDick:

What straws are u talking about ?

The season then everything was it dem Gomez that were Loserpool’s best players ? We’re they the one’s recognized by the aforementioned bodies with awards ?

This season Van Djik is fit once again and they are chasing Quadruple suddenly .

Arsenal has lost Partey and no player has been able to step into his shoes thus far.

I don’t need u to agree with me , I’ve only stated the obvious.
Lol, you're bringing up false narratives as fact.

That issue is that with van dijk absence, they were still top of the league for 3 good months and still keeping clean sheets. They didn't fall like pack of cards as we are doing now.

They only fell like pack of cards when ALL their CBs had injury and Midfielders was drafted in at their place. Stop making it seems like it's because of solely Van dijk that Liverpool slumped. That nullifies any Vvd comparison you're trying to do with that of Partey

Oh and Now it's about award?. Let's ignore Salah, Arnold and Allison that's always recognised by those bodies too grin
I mean, even Partey that has injury that rocked arsenal was even recognized by the body too. Right? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:25pm On Apr 18, 2022
Spy360:

A City with De Bruyne will not lose to Liverpool in a semi final.

If Liverpool loses Salah or Mane, it will definitely affect them, unless the rest quickly pick themselves up.

Arsenal team has just been managing to pull through, but losing Partey will always be a huge blow.

They will be back if they can get their heads straight, and quickly enough.

I have been fortunate to be able to read games and correctly predict player contributions. I can confidently tell you that the problem with this team is mainly mental attitude.
Jencejyde has cried about this time and again (even though I accused him of being critical) but he was very correct. Once they get their heads up, and pick up the fighting attitude, the likes of Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard, Gabriel, White etc can still rally this team.
so they lost to Liverpool because of De bruyne?? grin
Man city losing to Liverpool 3-2 with/without de bruyne is something to talk about now? Really??

Tell me how many matches Liverpool lost in January/February when they lost Mane and Salah?

I'll be waiting
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:28pm On Apr 18, 2022
mostob:
That's the truth. I remember mentioning something like this when the debate was going on here. Wenger continually make top 4 even with Giroud in the front and Per at the back because he has a strong Midfield. Forget defence and attack, Midfield is the foundation of every team.
What is midfield doing if there is no defense and attack?

grin

There's nothing like 'midfielding' you are either defending or attacking. Midfield is just imaginery. Know this and know ball.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:
Man city losing to Liverpool 3-2 with/without de bruyne is something to talk about now? Really??

Tell me how many matches Liverpool lost in January/February when they lost Mane and Salah?

I'll be waiting
Losing a player here connotes losing to injury. It has a psychological effect take it or leave it.

Arsenal didn't implode when Partey came for AFCON. So what happened now?

We all saw how KDB took on the entire Liverpool team in the league- losing him few days to the semi final will give Liverpool the psychological advantage and it will continue through out the rest of the season. Na here we dey.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, you're bringing up false narratives as fact.

That issue is that with van dijk absence, they were still top of the league for 3 good months and still keeping clean sheets. They didn't fall like pack of cards as we are doing now.

They only fell like pack of cards when ALL their CBs had injury and Midfielders was drafted in at their place. Stop making it seems like it's because of solely Van dijk that Liverpool slumped. That nullifies any Vvd comparison you're trying to do with that of Partey

Oh and Now it's about award?. Let's ignore Salah, Arnold and Allison that's always recognised by those bodies too grin
I mean, even Partey that has injury that rocked arsenal was even recognized by the body too. Right? grin

U choose to major in the minor , deliberately decided to misconstrue my post and then u expect me to agree with u…. Smh

A player that was arguably their best player was unavailable for selection for almost a year , and they were totally lost …. Now he’s back and they are chasing a quadruple . I should agree with u that player was not important to their resurgence , I should agree with u that if he was available for selection he wouldn’t give solidity to their back line like he’s done in the past ? Van Djik played 38 EPL matches in two successive seasons prior to that season he was injured. Go and check the number of games played by ur beloved Matip and Gomez in those two seasons.

U call it false narrative , but it’s a clear case of deductive reasoning on my part.

Like I said earlier , I do not intend to make u agree with me. I only say it the way I see it.

At this point I rest my case and would not like to continue with this discussion.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:41pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:
I feel the game was getting advanced more than him but he refused to acknowledge the fact. That's where he really got it wrong.

That's why I laugh when some arsenal fans will say had it been he was still here we would still be dragging for top 4. He killed and buried all the mentality the team initially had.
Due to the construction of new stadium (Emirates) Wenger wanted to assist the board to generate funds through selling of players... that's when he started aiming for top 4 and not the big price since all he wanted was the qualification and participation bonus. That's how out mentality started declining.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:44pm On Apr 18, 2022
Spy360:

What is midfield doing if there is no defense and attack?

grin

There's nothing like 'midfielding' you are either defending or attacking. Midfield is just imaginery. Know this and know ball.
I love your sarcasm sha grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:00pm On Apr 18, 2022
Spy360:

Losing a player here connotes losing to injury. It has a psychological effect take it or leave it.

Arsenal didn't implode when Partey came for AFCON. So what happened now?

We all saw how KDB took on the entire Liverpool team in the league- losing him few days to the semi final will give Liverpool the psychological advantage and it will continue through out the rest of the season. Na here we dey.
We didn't implode shebi? You forgot so soon Spy.

We lost to Notthingham forest while playing nonsense, drew relegation threatened Burnley in one of the most frustrating matches this year and had to cowardly park the bus first leg against Liverpool(tho red card aided). When Liverpool played us like feeder team during the 2nd leg and we were trailing 2-0, Arteta have to sub in half-fit Partey into that match. And you said our January wasn't imploded? Was it because nobody took it seriously cos cup fixtures took over everything.

Thank goodness Partey even exited during the group stage at nations cup sef.

I no wan go that Kdb route with you cos I know how man city have even carried league without Kdb due to his injury

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2022
mostob:
Due to the construction of new stadium (Emirates) Wenger wanted to assist the board to generate funds through selling of players... that's when he started aiming for top 4 and not the big price since all he wanted was the qualification and participation bonus. That's how out mentality started declining.
True... I totally agree with this

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 4:07pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:

I'll be waiting
Another angle
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2022
BlueRayDick:

U choose to major in the minor , deliberately decided to misconstrue my post and then u expect me to agree with u…. Smh

A player that was arguably their best player was unavailable for selection for almost a year , and they were totally lost …. Now he’s back and they are chasing a quadruple . I should agree with u that player was not important to their resurgence , I should agree with u that if he was available for selection he wouldn’t give solidity to their back line like he’s done in the past ? Van Djik played 38 EPL matches in two successive seasons prior to that season he was injured. Go and check the number of games played by ur beloved Matip and Gomez in those two seasons.

U call it false narrative , but it’s a clear case of deductive reasoning on my part.

Like I said earlier , I do not intend to make u agree with me. I only say it the way I see it.

At this point I rest my case and would not like to continue with this discussion.
You're the one deliberately misconstruing by undermining the impact of Gomez and Matip contribution before their injury just to change narratives but no worries sha, believe what you need to believe.

Peace bro!!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2022
50d33q:

Another angle
You no trust how Spy sidestepped that question? grin

Nobody will even be talking about Partey if we have quality replacement for him even though the person no reach Partey standard. Perhaps they think I'm centering on Partey, they don't know it's the lack of quality in that role that's my point so far.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 4:33pm On Apr 18, 2022
mostob:

Nailed it. This period when Wenger started saying top four was the priority was where I lost respect for a man that had done so much. He totally took out the philosophy of a winning mentality to aim for the top prize and started focusing on making us just participants. His delving into management rather that focusing on the football was were he lost it and unfortunately the club as a whole went downwards.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 4:36pm On Apr 18, 2022
BlueRayDick:

This issue has been addressed previously. It goes without saying that if a team loses any of its best players the performance would drop, however VVD’s injury did not lead to a collapse.

It was when all the CBs got injured and they started moving their best DMs to play in defence and using bench players in midfield that they started losing points left, right, and centre.

Everything is on record.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 5:15pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:
You no trust how Spy sidestepped that question? grin

Nobody will even be talking about Partey if we have quality replacement for him even though the person no reach Partey standard. Perhaps they think I'm centering on Partey, they don't know it's the lack of quality in that role that's my point so far.
That as always been my point too why blow money on defense when midfield is not good them say na step by step but midfield have always been the priority
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:21pm On Apr 18, 2022
50d33q:

That as always been my point too why blow money on defense when midfield is not good them say na step by step but midfield have always been the priority
Lol.. true...
We seriously need Men for that Midfield oo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:22pm On Apr 18, 2022
grin grin grin

Funny day grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:
We didn't implode shebi? You forgot so soon Spy.

We lost to Notthingham forest while playing nonsense, drew relegation threatened Burnley in one of the most frustrating matches this year and had to cowardly park the bus first leg against Liverpool(tho red card aided). When Liverpool played us like feeder team during the 2nd leg and we were trailing 2-0, Arteta have to sub in half-fit Partey into that match. And you said our January wasn't imploded? Was it because nobody took it seriously cos cup fixtures took over everything.

Thank goodness Partey even exited during the group stage at nations cup sef.

I no wan go that Kdb route with you cos I know how man city have even carried league without Kdb due to his injury
So you are saying that Partey is the reason we have been successful so far? Yes or no.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:22pm On Apr 18, 2022
50d33q:

So based on your opinion, there's no need spending huge buying defenders or attackers. Na to just dey sign midfielders instead?

So Klopp was stupid to sign VVD, same as Pep to sign Dias and Cancello. Even Alison should not have been bought. Just sign midfielders.

Omo na you know ball pass.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2538) (2539) (2540) (2541) (2542) (2543) (2544) ... (3550) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.