Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,754 members, 7,840,939 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2344300 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) (2541) (2542) ... (3541) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:27pm On Apr 17, 2022
I still dey wait for any football-believing lover to tell me why Cedric is always taking our setpieces especially the one that looks dangerous when Odegaard, Saka and martinelli dey pitch
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2022
Jodera:
I still dey wait for any football-believing lover to tell me why Cedric is always taking our setpieces especially the one that looks dangerous when Odegaard, Saka and martinelli dey pitch
Sign of weakness
Bunch of pussies no one can take responsibility
I still repeat odegaard ain't fit for captain, either of Tierney or ramsdale will be okay
Or our newly inagurated clown defenders
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
50d33q:

Sign of weakness
Bunch of pussies no one can take responsibility
I still repeat odegaard ain't fit for captain, either of Tierney or ramsdale will be okay
E say na newly inaugurated clown defenders grin grin

But if dem themselves, is it that they don't know they need to take all these setpieces or what? Even last match sef when we have a direct free kick at a dangerous place na still Cedric play am.

Abi Cedric dey bully the young young boys ni? grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 7:38pm On Apr 17, 2022
[right][/right]
Jodera:
E say na newly inaugurated clown defenders grin grin

But if dem themselves, is it that they don't know they need to take all these setpieces or what? Even last match sef when we have a direct free kick at a dangerous place na still Cedric play am.

Abi Cedric dey bully the young young boys ni? grin
by now una suppose know say any decisions wey the boys make for the pitch dey come from the arteta.

Same way martinelli and saka chosse to play in their weaker positions for the first 45 minutes.

Arteta big brain masterclass decisions dey sabi surprise me at times.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 8:48pm On Apr 17, 2022
kodded:
[right][/right]by now una suppose know say any decisions wey the boys make for the pitch dey come from the arteta.

Same way martinelli and saka chosse to play in their weaker positions for the first 45 minutes.

I noticed too
That's why saka lost the ball martinelli gave him it should have been the opposite
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:10pm On Apr 17, 2022
kodded:
[right][/right]by now una suppose know say any decisions wey the boys make for the pitch dey come from the arteta.

Na wa oo.
I don't dispute the fact with you, Arteta decisions most times can be shocking.

We're just wasting good setpiece opportunities cos of that nonsense. Imagine Gabriel and white heading to nod ball only to see Cedric aim for goal.

Mentness
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2022
Jodera:
Na wa oo.
I don't dispute the fact with you, Arteta decisions most times can be shocking.

We're just wasting good setpiece opportunities cos of that nonsense. Imagine Gabriel and white heading to nod ball only to see Cedric aim for goal.

Mentness
after partey injury, the team became so disorganize.

Nobody want to take responsibility again.
Mehn arteta has lost it sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 10:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
Watching Bruno Guimaraes score for NUFC while Arsenal are starting Lokonja is the main reason why I will never trust this process angry angry

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:52pm On Apr 17, 2022
kodded:

When you try to be too smart, you end up outsmarting yourself and sabotaging your team.

The previous week we saw him employ Odegaard and ESR in the middle of a 4-3-3 against Brighton’s 5 midfielders.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:35am On Apr 18, 2022
50d33q:

Sign of weakness
Bunch of pussies no one can take responsibility[b]I still repeat odegaard ain't fit for captain, either of Tierney or ramsdale will be okay[/b]

Lacazette is Arsenal captain following the exit of Auba while Tierney is one of the vice captains . The were both out injured so someone amongst the "Leadership group" at arsenal which includes Odegaard, Gabriel and Ramsdale had to step in.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Skimpledawg(m): 8:27am On Apr 18, 2022
Roland17, I am considering your offer, but you go need bring materials for the prayers to be effective o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:29am On Apr 18, 2022
kodded:
after partey injury, the team became so disorganize.

Nobody want to take responsibility again.
Mehn arteta has lost it sad
I tell you.
The team is playing as if nothing is at stake again cos I don't just understand.

No confidence amongst the boys, no drive.

Seems they've lacked motivation and confidence and that's the worst team that can happen to a team.

This is the time we need to see who real leaders are (when the going isn't good) and unfortunately no one is showing that.

Arteta sef dey fvk up
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:30am On Apr 18, 2022
Roland17:

When you try to be too smart, you end up outsmarting yourself and sabotaging your team.

The previous week we saw him employ Odegaard and ESR in the middle of a 4-3-3 against Brighton’s 5 midfielders.
Did you watch the FA cup between Liverpool and Mancity?
Pep put Gabriel, his only striker on the wing...Foden wey dey play false 9, he put am in Midfield, Sterling and Grealish were both rotating the CF and LW. City were just so disjointed.
Maybe that's where Arteta learn his oversabism from be that.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:33am On Apr 18, 2022
This is gonna be a long week. Chelsea on Wednesday and Man U on Saturday.
Make we just forget that Chelsea match, na the way they beat thief for ariria market Dem go beat us..
For the man u match, their coach is clueless but they have good individual players. The only way we can get something from the match is if Sancho scores.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:23am On Apr 18, 2022
I watched Partey's play highlights for this season yesterday night (strictly this season) and I found out why arsenal as a team where totally dependent on his quality either knowingly or unknowingly and while no one of our DM or Cm have half of his qualities to at least mitigate for Partey's loss

Here are my findings:
1.. Partey moves ball quickly to the final third. He already knows who was where and who is in more threatening position to pass the ball to. He also gives the perfect pass to that attacker to launch attack. Contrast to Sambi who takes 2-3 touches and at slow paced before he'll give a pass, giving the opposition players ample time to regroup

2.. Partey is a rock. He's so solid at the tackling as well as interception. His positional awareness in that midfield helps to kill opposition attacks before they fully become dangerous as well as aiding in counter attack with inch perfect through pass. Contrast that with Odegaard who wasn't good positionally with his awareness when playing deep and Sambi who's not rock solid in terms of tackling and interception and we'll wonder less why our defence are facing clean cut pressures when they pass through that midfield. Less said about Xhaka who isn't exceptional at tackling or quickly pushing attack.

3.. None of our DMs or CMs are good at dribbling in tight spaces or under immense pressure. This is something Partey does effortlessly and on a regular. Any of our deep midfielders who encounters such either falls to ground under any slight pressure or pass back to the defence or sideways. This safety-first football kills any potential attack that may have resulted in goals.

4. Lastly, defence splitting pass to free attackers In a packed midfield. Partey is fond of this very well, esp his disguise pass. Sadly none of our deep midfielders (either Sambi or Xhaka) attempts this regularly. If ever they give forward pass, then the attackers have 2-3 defenders to beat because obviously the slowness of the passes have made the opposition regroup.

And then we wonder why our attackers are going missing in games when they no be mane or Salah. Or our defenders are all over the place because the midfield aren't rock solid as before. Who also noticed Saka and martinelli help their fullback more these past 2 matches than before?

The solution is for Arteta to switch formation to maybe to 3 at the back for more defensive and midfield solidity then let's ride our luck with the attack with 1 or 2 odd goals. I've tried to see how 4 at the back can help us but with the midfield base of Sambi and Xhaka, it'll be hard cos both are slow in transitioning attack (even though Sambi is slightly better than Xhaka in this regard) and both aren't good tacklers or interceptors nor can both beat press effectively

Sadly na only 3 at the back fit help us now(my humble opinion).
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 10:41am On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:
I watched Partey's play highlights for this season yesterday night (strictly this season) and I found out why arsenal as a team where totally dependent on his quality either knowingly or unknowingly and while no one of our DM or Cm have half of his qualities to at least mitigate for Partey's loss

Here are my findings:
1.. Partey moves ball quickly to the final third. He already knows who was where and who is in more threatening position to pass the ball to. He also gives the perfect pass to that attacker to launch attack. Contrast to Sambi who takes 2-3 touches and at slow paced before he'll give a pass, giving the opposition players ample time to regroup

2.. Partey is a rock. He's so solid at the tackling as well as interception. His positional awareness in that midfield helps to kill opposition attacks before they fully become dangerous as well as aiding in counter attack with inch perfect through pass. Contrast that with Odegaard who wasn't good positionally with his awareness when playing deep and Sambi who's not rock solid in terms of tackling and interception and we'll wonder less why our defence are facing clean cut pressures when they pass through that midfield. Less said about Xhaka who isn't exceptional at tackling or quickly pushing attack.

3.. None of our DMs or CMs are good at dribbling in tight spaces or under immense pressure. This is something Partey does effortlessly and on a regular. Any of our deep midfielders who encounters such either falls to ground under any slight pressure or pass back to the defence or sideways. This safety-first football kills any potential attack that may have resulted in goals.

4. Lastly, defence splitting pass to free attackers In a packed midfield. Partey is fond of this very well, esp his disguise pass. Sadly none of our deep midfielders (either Sambi or Xhaka) attempts this regularly. If ever they give forward pass, then the attackers have 2-3 defenders to beat because obviously the slowness of the passes have made the opposition regroup.

And then we wonder why our attackers are going missing in games when they no be mane or Salah. Or our defenders are all over the place because the midfield aren't rock solid as before. Who also noticed Saka and martinelli help their fullback more these past 2 matches than before?

The solution is for Arteta to switch formation to maybe to 3 at the back for more defensive and midfield solidity then let's ride our luck with the attack with 1 or 2 odd goals. I've tried to see how 4 at the back can help us but with the midfield base of Sambi and Xhaka, it'll be hard cos both are slow in transitioning attack (even though Sambi is slightly better than Xhaka in this regard) and both aren't good tacklers or interceptors nor can both beat press effectively

Sadly na only 3 at the back fit help us now(my humble opinion).

You see why midfield is the main focal point to any successful team
I swear majority of guys here no know ball na manage we they manage.
I don't understand how person go look arsenal over the past 5 years and tell me na defenders we should invest on

Nawa o
During carzola era we have the worse CB combination in mertersacker and Kos, guess what szy(another useless keeper) won the golden globe
The midfield pair was le cow and carzorla
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:44am On Apr 18, 2022
mostob:
Did you watch the FA cup between Liverpool and Mancity?
Pep put Gabriel, his only striker on the wing...Foden wey dey play false 9, he put am in Midfield, Sterling and Grealish were both rotating the CF and LW. City were just so disjointed.
Maybe that's where Arteta learn his oversabism from be that.
Na dat oversabi make pep put Steffen instead of Ederson. While I agree players needs rest due to fatigue or exhaustion, but resting your keeper?? Against Liverpool for that matter in a semi final match

While I don't blame the GK for the first goal, but everyone knows he's at fault for the 2nd goal and I believe he would have done more for the 3rd. So that's two goals been gifted to Liverpool.

As for Arteta, the guy is not just tactical esp when losing . Do you know that since his arrival in 2020, we've not won a game when trailing by half time in EPL bar wolves?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:01am On Apr 18, 2022
50d33q:

You see why midfield is the main focal point to any successful team
I swear majority of guys here no know ball na manage we they manage.
I don't understand how person go look arsenal over the past 5 years and tell me na defenders we should invest on

Nawa o
During carzola era we have the worse CB combination in mertersacker and Kos, guess what szy(another useless keeper) won the golden globe
The midfield pair was le cow and carzorla
Lol, I've always known it's midfield and attack that help most teams at least become stable, but that's not why I brought the piece sha. I just brought it up to show why arsenal is really misfiring in all departments and no suitable quality isn't at our disposal making the hole Partey left too too big to fill and the possible solution to save our season. Sadly elneny na another minus 1.

God bless that cazorla coquelin partnership. I've never enjoyed any midfield partnership like that for a long while even tho it lasted for just 6months. Na after that I know say Wenger na bad belle wen the next season he pushed coquelin to play advanced role and Xhaka dmf grin. Since then we never smell top 4 grin

Correction tho, the keeper during that partnership was ospina not sczcz....

I still dey wonder how we thrived with mertesacker for years knowing how snailish he was grin. I swear, I mertesacker dey this team now eh, na cricket scores every week we for dey count grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 11:05am On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, I've always known it's midfield and attack that help most teams at least become stable, but that's not why I brought the piece sha. I just brought it up to show why arsenal is really misfiring in all departments and no suitable quality isn't at our disposal making the hole Partey left too too big to fill and the possible solution to save our season. Sadly elneny na another minus 1.

God bless that cazorla coquelin partnership. I've never enjoyed any midfield partnership like that for a long while even tho it lasted for just 6months. Na after that I know say Wenger na bad belle wen the next season he pushed coquelin to play advanced role and Xhaka dmf grin. Since then we never smell top 4 grin

Correction tho, the keeper during that partnership was ospina not sczcz....

I still dey wonder how we thrived with mertesacker for years knowing how snailish he was grin. I swear, I mertesacker dey this team now eh, na cricket scores every week we for dey count grin
This is another reason I won't forgive wengay
We were to sign kante but he got us fvcking xhaka
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:10am On Apr 18, 2022
50d33q:

This is another reason I won't forgive wengay
We were to sign kante but he got us fvcking xhaka
if your own na only because of Xhaka, then you try.
Wenger sins for my side plenty ehh, I no fit talk grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:13am On Apr 18, 2022
Make everybody just dey submit their agenda. Na the time be dis ....It's that time of the year cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:18am On Apr 18, 2022
BlueRayDick:
Make everybody just dey submit their agenda. Na the time be dis ....It's that time of the year cool
Lol, it's an opinion boss. I no drop am for any agenda(weda na DWYL or na MWYL ish). But if you have contrary opinion why arsenal is failing you can post yours.

I strictly talked about the root of arsenal failings and possible solutions, no use agenda eye read am

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 11:30am On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, it's an opinion boss. I no drop am for any agenda(weda na DWYL or na MWYL ish). But if you have contrary opinion why arsenal is failing you can post yours.

I strictly talked about the root of arsenal failings and possible solutions, no use agenda eye read am
Have told you before we need more defenders
These ones have join mustafi crew as clowns
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:40am On Apr 18, 2022
50d33q:

Have told you before we need more defenders
These ones have join mustafi crew as clowns
grin grin grin

You know say na you and spy dey mostly bring this wahala shey grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:
grin grin grin

You know say na you and spy dey mostly bring this wahala shey grin grin
Na blueray grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:00pm On Apr 18, 2022
BlueRayDick:
When we were dancing towards 4th, winning games with low margins, no body saw the weaknesses. But once Arsenal lose, gbam, agenda go begin spread.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2022
Spy360:

When we were dancing towards 4th, winning games with low margins, no body saw the weaknesses. But once Arsenal lose, gbam, agenda go begin spread.

grin

Na our way as arsenal fans. When area scatter after first 3 matches we were calling for the gaffer's head. When fortune smile our way and we climb up the ladder we no even remember say na the same Arteta be our coach o.

Now injury and lack of squad depth Don send us back to trenches and agenda just wear cloth like superman dey fly here and there cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:05pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:

Isn't it enough that when you lose your best player, be it in attack or defense, it's going to affect the whole team?

If I tell you that the problem of this team is not personnel but psychology you will not accept. This team is mentally affected by the loss of two good starters. Hopefully they will get over that mental block and find a way to push themselves into winning again.

When Mostob brought his formation options, I told him as it stands the major problem is not formation but mentality. I saw that clearly. This was what also affected City, though they cope better because they have other very good players to rely on.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2022
BlueRayDick:

grin

Na our way as arsenal fans. When area scatter after first 3 matches we were calling for the gaffer's head. When fortune smile our way and we climb up the ladder we no even remember say na the same Arteta be our coach o.

Now injury and lack of squad depth Don send us back to trenches and agenda just wear cloth like superman dey fly here and there cheesy
grin grin grin

...now none of us sabi ball just because say Partey get injury and we failed to predict it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2022
I thought every player in the squad is replaceable
Why are we losing grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jodera:

Loserpool lost Van Djik to injury last season and their whole season went down the drain. That's loserpool that had more quality players than arsenal o.

A struggling arsenal lost partey our most crucial player and Midfield wins u league agenda ressurects on Easter Monday. No be juju be that?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2022
Spy360:

grin grin grin

...now none of us sabi ball just because say Partey get injury and we failed to predict it.

Me I no know ball o.....if I see ball sef I no fit recognise am

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) (2540) (2541) (2542) ... (3541) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: PendragonVII

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.