Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,980 members, 7,838,490 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2604) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2340960 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2601) (2602) (2603) (2604) (2605) (2606) (2607) ... (3532) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:41pm On May 25, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

I can accept compromise in other departments, but we really need two quality CFs addition bro. We must have 3 good strikers to be comfortable... Auba has left, Laca is following... so we must get their replacement.

We saw how injuries robbed us of Top 4, because of lack of quality replacement. Reason M.City will still dominate is because their bench as almost as good as those on the field. Besides we have more matches to play this season... We need a full good squad.

2 quality CFs, Youri Tielemans or another equally good or better midfielder as a minimum.
I can accept compromise of giving Tavarez another chance to prove himself
3 strikers in a one striker system? I'm not sure we can keep all 3 happy and competitive. Remember, Nketiah only saw game time due to the sale of Auba.

I will prefer we beef up other places and get two quality Strikers(if Nketiah goes) or get one quality striker with Nketiah. Beef up good Midfielders and good wingers and we're good to go
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:59pm On May 25, 2022
One of amn or Nelson will win conference league tonight
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:13pm On May 25, 2022
Jodera:
Lol ..
The Kain names we're linked to eh... Na comedy names

Turner
Trusty
Hickey... Like Mickey mouse
Scammaca...

Add it to Pepe and you go know say Trolling go shele if we get most of those players grin
grin grin grin
When is Hickey doing his medical sef grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:19pm On May 25, 2022
mostob:
grin grin grin
When is Hickey doing his medical sef grin grin
Lol... I dunno yet.
But it's still early days sha

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:25pm On May 25, 2022
Jodera:
Lol... I dunno yet.
But it's still early days sha
ok
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:35pm On May 25, 2022
Jodera:

Ramsdale poor in the last 13 games?? I never knew oo
Wow!!..

Nice ratings for the rest
never gave a 7.0 to me.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 5:52am On May 26, 2022
Jodera:

Spy360, Sod09, Mostob, Fkhalifa, daveP, Lush100, Obalgwe, Blueraydick, Jencejyde, Kodded, Kokanepyramid, johnjunior
Tominson
Gabriel
White
Ramsdele
Partey
Smith Rowe, Odegard,Saka, Elneny and Martinelli all tried.

Orthers are average and/or below average.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 6:57am On May 26, 2022
Jodera:
My Ratings for the season

Goalkeepers
Ramsdale (7.5) - Few eyebrows were raised when he was signed. Quickly became fans' favourite with his commanding displays such as great saves and good passing abilities. Great signing.

Leno (5.5) - Had the worst possible start any goalkeeper will dread by conceding 9 goals in his first 3 matches though with not so good back 4. Usurp by Ramsdale after that but he put on a good display against Aston villa. Capable back up

Defenders

Gabriel (7.5) - Arguably Arsenal's best defender of the season. Vocal enough and his passes was essential in arsenal's buildup from the back. Put in a few important goals for arsenal in the fight for top 4

White (6.5) - Able Partner to Gabriel. His passes was also important to arsenal's buildup from back. Seems to go about his work calmly.

Tierney (6.5) - Injuries affected his availability this season. Seems to give his all when playing as he's strong defensively as well as attacking wise. Hopefully a fitter KT next season

Tomiyasu (7.0) - Strong performances from the very first time he donned the club's color. Difficult to beat aerially or defensively. He's also good going forward. Seems to drop a bit of form after his long time out but that won't discredit his strong showings before his injury

Cedric (6.5) - A very good deputy to Tomiyasu during the latter's absence. Played his part well in ensuring arsenal fight for top4 as Tomi wasn't keenly felt.

Tavarez (5.5) - Very strong performances during the first half of season during Tierney's absence. Made fans momentarily forgot how good KT was. Second half of the season was a complete opposite. He seemed short of confidence, positionally poor and bad defensively.

Holding (6.5) - Did his perfectly as an impact sub when seeing out games. Arsenal tend to improve defensively to see out a win with Holding's introduction. Had a dismal showing against Tottenham but that's the only blemish for him this season

Midfielders

Partey (8.5) (POTY) - The heartbeat of arsenal's Midfield and attack. Started slowly but quickly peaked at the right time of arsenal's season. Consistent world class displays for months as a lone DM made arsenal a genuine contender for the top4 battle. Season-ending Injury derailed his impressive campaign as well as arsenal's.

Xhaka (7.0) - Excellent showing from Granit in his new found advanced position. Less mistakes and he kept things ticking. Best season for him in an Arsenal's shirt

Odegaard (7.5) - A rather hit and miss season for him. World class for a couple of weeks, disappear/normal another couple of weeks. Good thing is that his good days was more than his bad. Need improvement in games that goes very physical as that was what was missing in the two crucial games that made us lose out on top 4.

Lokonga (6.0) - EPL seemed to physical and advanced for him presently. Slow in thoughts and execution but a very tidy player. Not physical or technical enough to impose himself in games.

Elneny (7.0) - Seemed to revive arsenal's season when all hope seems lost with his commanding displays starting from Chelsea's game. One of the brightest players after Partey absence. Arsenal faltered towards the end of the season, but he'll be one of those who can hold their heads high.

Attackers

Saka (8.0) - Arsenal's brightest player and attacker from the very first minute. Most consistent player in terms of performance and fitness. Good decision making as well as being strong physically(not easily bullied). His goal increase this season sums up the improvement he's had over the years. A gem!

Lacazette (6.0) - Started brightly during the first half of the season we were grinding out wins. Gave a further improved display during the exile and eventual sale of Auba as he was giving assists and makes the attack flow. Then it went downhill from there. Seems to lose confidence and it showed in his game and he also tends to hide from goalscoring opportunities

Smith Rowe (7.0) - The king during first half of arsenal's season. Came up with important and match winning goals as arsenal looked for match consistency. Towards the 2nd half of the season, he wasn't that influential as the first half but he still gave his best.

Martinelli (6.5) - Missed the early campaign due to injury as his season started in mid November. Exciting and direct. He brought explosiveness to arsenal's attack as well as workrate.

Nketiah (7.0) - five goals in 8 starts tells one the impact Eddie had two the end of season. Brought life, energy, workrate and directness in arsenal's attack as arsenal looked to secure top 4.

Pepe (4.5) - Wasn't featured mostly in the campaign but whenever he does, he's largely inconsistent. Seems to make simple things difficult and most times he's not in sync with his teammates.

Coach

Arteta (7.0) - Splendid and more dominant displays and performances from previous seasons. In-game tactics needs to be improved on as well as discipline (2nd team with the most red cards).

Nice ratings....

I feel Leno was just a victim of circumstances during the beginning of the season jare.

I will give Eleney 6.0( he was good no doubt but not a warrior like Partey)

Ermmm Saka consistent in performance and fitness? I do not agree ohhh, sometimes his fatigue affected his input during game time ohhhh but he deserves his rating all thanks to his Oga that think he must every game. I am happy he did not break a leg.

About Rowe, still same thing I am saying about squad rotation , we have push that dude to different positions it wouldn't be nice to confuse his head lol. He will come good , unfortunately Martinelli is bossing that left wing right now

I will give Arteta 5.5, one significant reason is his poor team management. He didn't learn that from Pep.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:07am On May 26, 2022
Jodera why is awilo lonkonga having 6 points angry
That alone voided the rating as inconclusive
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:14am On May 26, 2022
Jodera:

Spy360, Sod09, Mostob, Fkhalifa, daveP, Lush100, Obalgwe, Blueraydick, Jencejyde, Kodded, Kokanepyramid, johnjunior

Nice analysis and decent ratings. I see you rated Partey slightly ahead of Saka; I don’t think there’s anything Partey did to justify that.As in u rated a player who featured in just 24 matches ahead of a player who played all 38 matches , ended up as our highest goal scorer? shocked

If anybody on ur list deserves to be rated higher it’s definitely Saka. Partey didn’t even stay healthy enough for his to exert that much influence on our overall success at the end of the day. If Partey will get 8.5 then Saka supposed get 9.5 based on doings o.

I also believe Ramsdale did really well early in the season but dropped form towards the end of the season. I will rate him 7.0 notwithstanding . I’m in perfect agreement with the rest of ur ratings bro cool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 8:13am On May 26, 2022
Jodera:

spot on with your analysis

But for me, I believe that Arteta should be rated lower, because it is his brain dead decisions that cost us that top4

How can you go into the 2nd half of the season with a very thin and inexperienced squad knowing fully well that an injury to either saka or partey will derail our season so much.

Arteta should be rated 4.5 because he had the leverage to win the top4 battle if he made additional signings in this past January but he decided to take the gamble and lost to the team that actually did something in the January transfer window.
How surprising
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 8:15am On May 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Jodera why is awilo lonkonga having 6 points angry
That alone voided the rating as inconclusive
awilo boy single handedly cost us sweet 6 points against lower teams cry

That guy deserve 4.5
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 8:57am On May 26, 2022
kodded:

But for me, I believe that Arteta should be rated lower, because it is his brain dead decisions that cost us that top4

How can you go into the 2nd half of the season with a very thin and inexperienced squad knowing fully well that an injury to either saka or partey will derail our season so much.

Arteta should be rated 4.5 because he had the leverage to win the top4 battle if he made additional signings in this past January but he decided to take the gamble and lost to the team that actually did something in the January transfer window.
How surprising
Confirm na why i no wan rate
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 50d33q: 8:58am On May 26, 2022
kodded:
awilo boy single handedly cost us sweet 6 points against lower teams cry

That guy deserve 4.5
Very stupid boy, thunder fire th14 for scouting rubbish player
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:20am On May 26, 2022
kodded:

How surprising
The plan was not to finish 4th, it was to finish 6th. So he took a team to that effect.

We are talking 4th now because Man United were useless to themselves and Tottenham were lucky they got Conte.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:23am On May 26, 2022
Jodera:
Tavarez worst player?? Wow!

I thought his first half of the season form will grant him some marks grin

Thanks for your input
Initial gragra, if Tierney was fit he would not even see bench. We need an upgrade there seriously. Tavares really weakened our team especially against top opposition.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:45am On May 26, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

I can accept compromise in other departments, but we really need two quality CFs addition bro. We must have 3 good strikers to be comfortable... Auba has left, Laca is following... so we must get their replacement.

We saw how injuries robbed us of Top 4, because of lack of quality replacement. Reason M.City will still dominate is because their bench as almost as good as those on the field. Besides we have more matches to play this season... We need a full good squad.

2 quality CFs, Youri Tielemans or another equally good or better midfielder as a minimum.
I can accept compromise of giving Tavarez another chance to prove himself
Having a packed squad usually affects the manager's decision.

I look at top manager recently and discover that they don't use more than 20players in a season. I refer quality to quantity. So since Nketiah is staying and has proved a bit reliable plus the hope that Balogun will improve, for this summer I will prefer we get one CF. But that CF must be really classic, I mean we should aim at Osimhen or Nunez. I don't get this Scamacaca or whatever. Actually sounds like double scam.

As for midfield, we will need one more also since Elneny is staying and will be a good backup - and Tielemans is very OK. I will not like Lokonga to go on loan. There will be enough games for him plus he needs to master what Arteta wants from him. He is young and he is good, but he needs to know how to play in the manager's system.

Saliba's return settles the defense. We need to sell Tavares and get someone who will be a reliable backup. Arteta must be ruthless in this regard.

The Marquinhos signing is confusing me as I can't say if he can replace Pepe. If not we will need another winger.

Generally this should be the summer plan and we keep some money against January. Also, we shouldn't have more than 20players in the first team squad, we should use academy players to make up the required 25.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 9:58am On May 26, 2022
Spy360:

The plan was not to finish 4th, it was to finish 6th. So he took a team to that effect.

We are talking 4th now because Man United were useless to themselves and Tottenham were lucky they got Conte.
Well finishing outside the top4 after spending over £250million in 5 transfer windows without any European football to distract us should be considered as a failure no matter what, let's stop celebrating mediocrity. sad

the main fact that we couldn't take advantage of Tottenham and man utd slip up should tell you how medicore Arteta is. It took Conte barley 5 month to make Tottenham a formidable side in the epl that went on to clinch the 4th position.

Arteta poor man management and ego is the reason why we are still trusting the process meanwhile Conte came in and Tottenham looked alive once again.

Whether you like it or not the decision of the manager affect the team performance for the rest of the season
We warned him about Willian

We warned him about Mari

We warned him abou Travaers

We warned him about buying Ben white even tho we had saliba coming back from his successful loan spell and lacked a partey cover

We warned him that buying Bissuoma over ben white is more acceptable since Saliba was coming back after a successful loan spell and we needed a partey cover

We warned him that Bissuoma is 100% better than lokonja

We warned him that not signing any player in this last january window will fvck us up

We warned him that loaning all your fringe players without bringing adequate back up with cost us the season.

We warned him that missing out on £35milliom Bruno Guimaraes will hurt us in the long run (funny that he was the one that ended our hope of top4)

But did arteta listen to the obvious warnings? No!

He allowed his stubborn ego to get the worst out of him and look at where we are again, let's hope saka and martinelli are still trusting the process because it is this type of brain dead oversabi decision dey make players vesk leave their current club because of low or no ambition in that club.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:12am On May 26, 2022
kodded:

Well finishing outside the top4 after spending over £250million in 5 transfer windows without any European football to distract us should be considered as a failure no matter what, let's stop celebrating mediocrity. sad

the main fact that we couldn't take advantage of Tottenham and man utd slip up should tell you how medicore Arteta is. It took Conte barley 5 month to make Tottenham a formidable side in the epl that went on to clinch the 4th position.

Arteta poor man management and ego is the reason why we are still trusting the process meanwhile Conte came in and Tottenham looked alive once again.

Whether you like it or not the decision of the manager affect the team performance for the rest of the season

We warned him about Mari

We warned him about buying Ben white even tho we had saliba coming back from his successful loan spell and lacked a partey cover

We warned him that buying Bissuoma over ben white is more acceptable since Saliba was coming back after a successful loan spell and we needed a partey cover

We warned him that not signing any player in this last january window will fvck us up

We warned him that loaning all your fringe players without bringing adequate back up with cost us the season.

We warned him that missing out on £35milliom Bruno Guimaraes will hurt us in the long run (funny that he was the one that ended our hope of top4)

He allowed his stubborn ego to get the worst out of him and look at where we are again, let's hope saka and martinelli are still trusting the process because it is this type of brain dead oversabi decision dey make players vesk leave their current club because of low or no ambition in that club.
As in my tired is tired
How can we lose top4 and someone come here to tell us we never wanted 4th but 6th grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kodded(m): 10:18am On May 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:

As in my tired is tired
How can we lose top4 and someone come here to tell us we never wanted 4th but 6th grin grin
my brother na this kind mentality dey make ambitious players to run leave us behind.

Now I see why Saka want put release clause to his new contract. Baba don dey doubt the process grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 11:26am On May 26, 2022
kodded:

We warned him about Mari

Sir, u are speaking from hind sight.
I don't like arteta but don't say what's not.
Arteta season was 150M spent.
Did u warn him against Partey
Didn't u warn him.against ramsdale.
Didn't u warn him against Tomiyasu.
U probably warn him against odegard.
Mari, martinelli and Cedric were low budget player all below 6M.
He was scouting for talent based on the owners budget (u can't have that privilege to know what the owners have him.as budget.

Lokonga is tidy but to raw (not physical enough for the PM.
Arteta changed Saka from LB or LWB to Right wing.
Gave chance to Martinelli.
White is not that bad but Saliba was not ready according to him. (See what lokonga and tavares are doing:maybe he played like that during preseason)
The main problem with arteta is game management and probably man mgt of experienced players kind of.
He has deficient in reading game and changing game especially when he has conceded.
In January, they went silent for Vhaloic put 68M down yet he went to Juive for58M.
His mistake was he shouldn't have loanned AMN.
But as far at recognizing talented players he did well.
The players who played rubbish did not pull their weight.
He gave pepe enough chances b4 deciding to stick only to Saka .
Tavares error made him use xhaka as LB.
Bro, arsenal.is his first coaching job baba.
I wanted Conte but the board taught otherwise.
Let's wait for this season

Remember budget and people higher up comes to play especially for a green horn manager like arteta.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:56am On May 26, 2022
kodded:
my brother na this kind mentality dey make ambitious players to run leave us behind.

Now I see why Saka want put release clause to his new contract. Baba don dey doubt the process grin grin grin
Yes now grin grin
Imagine you win 4m blow am you are now consoling your self its 100k you want before
Our mentality here is questionable

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:59am On May 26, 2022
Lush100:

Sir, u are speaking from hind sight.
I don't like arteta but don't say what's not.
Arteta season was 150M spent.
Did u warn him against Partey
Didn't u warn him.against ramsdale.
Didn't u warn him against Tomiyasu.
U probably warn him against odegard.
Mari, martinelli and Cedric were low budget player all below 6M.
He was scouting for talent based on the owners budget (u can't have that privilege to know what the owners have him.as budget.

Lokonga is tidy but to raw (not physical enough for the PM.
Arteta changed Saka from LB or LWB to Right wing.
Gave chance to Martinelli.
White is not that bad but Saliba was not ready according to him. (See what lokonga and tavares are doing:maybe he played like that during preseason)
The main problem with arteta is game management and probably man mgt of experienced players kind of.
He has deficient in reading game and changing game especially when he has conceded.
In January, they went silent for Vhaloic put 68M down yet he went to Juive for58M.
His mistake was he shouldn't have loanned AMN.
But as far at recognizing talented players he did well.
The players who played rubbish did not pull their weight.
He gave pepe enough chances b4 deciding to stick only to Saka .
Tavares error made him use xhaka as LB.
Bro, arsenal.is his first coaching job baba.
I wanted Conte but the board taught otherwise.
Let's wait for this season

Remember budget and people higher up comes to play especially for a green horn manager like arteta.
Arteta didn't change saka position
Saka wanted the position more and even the blind can see he's better in that position
We not making top4 is on arteta only
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 12:15pm On May 26, 2022
Spy360:

Having a packed squad usually affects the manager's decision.

I look at top manager recently and discover that they don't use more than 20players in a season. I refer quality to quantity. So since Nketiah is staying and has proved a bit reliable plus the hope that Balogun will improve, for this summer I will prefer we get one CF. But that CF must be really classic, I mean we should aim at Osimhen or Nunez. I don't get this Scamacaca or whatever. Actually sounds like double scam.

As for midfield, we will need one more also since Elneny is staying and will be a good backup - and Tielemans is very OK. I will not like Lokonga to go on loan. There will be enough games for him plus he needs to master what Arteta wants from him. He is young and he is good, but he needs to know how to play in the manager's system.

Saliba's return settles the defense. We need to sell Tavares and get someone who will be a reliable backup. Arteta must be ruthless in this regard.

The Marquinhos signing is confusing me as I can't say if he can replace Pepe. If not we will need another winger.

Generally this should be the summer plan and we keep some money against January. Also, we shouldn't have more than 20players in the first team squad, we should use academy players to make up the required 25.

I have to concede to you and Jodera's argument. Especially the argument that Arteta plays a one striker system. I just dont want us to be in the situation we were in January when we were looking for a quality striker everywhere and couldn't get any. That plus injuries to Tomi and Partey cost us Top 4. Fingers crossed, I pray injury will be kind to us next season.

Marquinhos should just go on loan except he impresses during pre-season and we should sell Pepe and get another good winger. I really like Pepe and expected an Okocha in him but I have ran out of patient with him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by toluxe0075: 12:22pm On May 26, 2022
Saliba this, Saliba that. I hope you guys will not end up cursing him like Tavares when he finally gets a starting shirt in the team. It's not that he's a proven defender in the premier League. He's only shone in a team in the French league where the team's expectations are low, unlike Arsenal. How are we sure that he would have been able to bear the burden of expectations for this concluding season. Tavares and Lokonga crumbled under it, Lacacette and even Aubameyang struggled before he left.

Besides, we all know the quality of French league where a team can fumble for 3 to 4 matches and there will be no consequences for that, unlike Premier League. We missed out of the Champions league because we lost 3 matches in a row while Chelsea almost had to fight for a place in the champions League till the last day because they drew some matches.

I'm sure we would all have castigated Arteta if he had decided to loan that Tavares guy too. Like someone stated earlier, we are talking of champions League because Manchester United was shit even though they had the team to achieve it. We really performed beyond expectations this last season, especially the fact that we lost our first 3 matches. We can only hope to strengthen the team in this coming season and see how far we can go. Let's hope that Saliba will contribute to this.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:45pm On May 26, 2022
toluxe0075:
Saliba this, Saliba that. I hope you guys will not end up cursing him like Tavares when he finally gets a starting shirt in the team. It's not that he's a proven defender in the premier League. He's only shone in a team in the French league where the team's expectations are low, unlike Arsenal. How are we sure that he would have been able to bear the burden of expectations for this concluding season. Tavares and Lokonga crumbled under it, Lacacette and even Aubameyang struggled before he left.

Besides, we all know the quality of French league where a team can fumble for 3 to 4 matches and there will be no consequences for that, unlike Premier League. We missed out of the Champions league because we lost 3 matches in a row while Chelsea almost had to fight for a place in the champions League till the last day because they drew some matches.

I'm sure we would all have castigated Arteta if he had decided to loan that Tavares guy too. Like someone stated earlier, we are talking of champions League because Manchester United was shit even though they had the team to achieve it. We really performed beyond expectations this last season, especially the fact that we lost our first 3 matches. We can only hope to strengthen the team in this coming season and see how far we can go. Let's hope that Saliba will contribute to this.

You would rather question the credibility of a young player than the fact that Arsenal led by your ego maniac manager mismanaged him for 3 consecutive seasons? This kid lost both parents, both freaking parents when he was 19 and at Arsenal, what did your EGOMANIAC coach do? He never had a single conversation with the kid, have you met a 19 year old who lost both parents right around the same time?

Arteta told us he wasn’t good enough for the first team, subsequently banished the kid to the U23 to train because he asked for a fair chance to play, he finally moves to France, had another terrific season, instrumental in his team finishing 2nd and qualifying for the same UCL we choked, wins Lique 1 young player of the season and instead of real encouragement, you are here defending Arteta with your fake hope that he pans out right because you want him to fail so you can say “he was all noise”

Out of the blue Arteta is now convinced the kid must return to Arsenal! Throughout his time in France there was no check in! Other teams send their coaching reps, even the head coach finds time to watch their best players on loan, no be us! I remember the early days under Wenger when he would leave to watch his best players on loan. The cameras always caught Wenger in the stands watching one of his young guns, so he can properly assess the player..If na you how you go feel? Yet every one of Arteta’s defenders are interested in what Saliba says, how he says it.. To hell with all of you! Arteta has just as much to prove as this kid.

You can continue to protect your Egocentric maniac but don’t think for a second that I will let it fly on this thread!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:49pm On May 26, 2022
Spy360:

I don’t know why people are failing to see this simple fact. Person wey dem give new contract when it was almost sure we will finish 6th ,fans still dey why he no finish 4th.

Funny enough if u scan through this thread after we lost our first 3 games u will see some of we fans how we already gave up in despair . I remember when we played Norwich and posters here were even trolling our club saying it’s a relegation battle .I bet if u ask anybody they will tell u this team is not a top 4 team.

What we fans should be hoping this year is that the board set a higher target for Arteta , back him up with money to get the right set of players and hope Arteta himself hit the set target. Simple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by toluxe0075: 12:53pm On May 26, 2022
Roland17:

You would rather question the credibility of a young player than the fact that Arsenal led by your ego maniac manager mismanaged him for 3 consecutive seasons? This kid lost both parents, both freaking parents when he was 19 and at Arsenal, what did your EGOMANIAC coach do? He never had a single conversation with the kid, have you met a 19 year old who lost both parents right around the same time?

Arteta told us he wasn’t good enough for the first team, subsequently banished the kid to the U23 to train because he asked for a fair chance to play, he finally moves to France, had another terrific season, instrumental in his team finishing 2nd and qualifying for the same UCL we choked, wins Lique 1 young player of the season and instead of real encouragement, you are here defending Arteta with your fake hope that he pans out right because you want him to fail so you can say “he was all noise”

Out of the blue Arteta is now convinced the kid must return to Arsenal! Throughout his time in France there was no check in! Other teams send their coaching reps, even the head coach finds time to watch their best players on loan, no be us! If na you how you go feel? Yet every one of Arteta’s defenders are interested in what Saliba says, how he says it.. To hell with all of you! Arteta has just as much to prove as this kid.

You can continue to protect your Egocentric maniac but don’t think for a second that I will let it fly on this thread!!
Okay Saliba's Manager.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:54pm On May 26, 2022
toluxe0075:

Okay Saliba's Manager.

You have proven me right.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:02pm On May 26, 2022
toluxe0075:

I personally am interested in seeing this Saliba play some games in the cup matches .Thank God we are in Europe and will need to rotate squad due to volume of matches we will be playing midweek and weekends this coming season.

I would like to see how Saliba fares in cup matches before I will entertain the idea of handing him a starting place in the team. Players like Martinelli had chance to prove themselves in cup matches , so let’s see what Saliba can do in those matches first .

I will always support his loan moves cos that’s what u do to a player that is surplus to requirements at the moment but u have plans for in the future so as not to stunt his growth.

So instead of the management getting replacement for Mari, I suggest they bring Saliba back. That is if he will come back and not start running his mouth like tap to the press everytime he doesn’t get playing time o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 1:46pm On May 26, 2022
BlueRayDick:

I personally am interested in seeing this Saliba play some games in the cup matches .Thank God we are in Europe and will need to rotate squad due to volume of matches we will be playing midweek and weekends this coming season.

I would like to see how Saliba fares in cup matches before I will entertain the idea of handing him a starting place in the team. Players like Martinelli had chance to prove themselves in cup matches , so let’s see what Saliba can do in those matches first .

I will always support his loan moves cos that’s what u do to a player that is surplus to requirements at the moment but u have plans for in the future so as not to stunt his growth.

So instead of the management getting replacement for Mari, I suggest they bring Saliba back. That is if he will come back and not start running his mouth like tap to the press everytime he doesn’t get playing time o

Same here. Arteta already concluded he will be with us this season. Arteta said “He has to come back, He has the experience and the environment necessary to be competitive with us.”

Whichever way we look at at, Arteta letting go on loan last season has only improved him and his drive/hunger. Imagine him playing only 3 or 4 matches last season?

According to Arteta: “If he had stayed with us this year, with a match of Premier League a week, with Ben White and Gabriel, he wouldn’t have had half the playing time he had with Marseille, that’s for sure. For his growth and what he can do next season that wouldn’t have been good. William wasn’t with us because he wouldn’t have had the playing time to gain experience. That’s it, there’s nothing else.

I personally don't see anything else cos I doubt those complaining on his behalf would have expected White or Gabriel to sit on the bench for him. But now we are in Europe, he will definitely has more game time. We should commend Arteta for that decision to continue on loan.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:51pm On May 26, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

Same here. Arteta already concluded he will be with us this season. Arteta said "“He has to come back, He has the experience and the environment necessary to be competitive with us.”

Whichever way we look at at, Arteta letting go on loan last season has only improved him and his drive/hunger. Imagine him playing only 3 or 4 matches last season?

According to Arteta: “If he had stayed with us this year, with a match of Premier League a week, with Ben White and Gabriel, he wouldn’t have had half the playing time he had with Marseille, that’s for sure. For his growth and what he can do next season that wouldn’t have been good.

“William wasn’t with us because he wouldn’t have had the playing time to gain experience. That’s it, there’s nothing else.”

I personally don't see anything else cos I doubt those complaining on his behalf will expect White or Gabriel to sit on the bench for him. But now we are in Europe, he will definitely has more game time.

Spot on bro. We have enough games that will require rotation of players in different position. If he even performs better when given the chance he might even displace the regular starters.

Hate him or live him, Arteta has proven to be a coach who start a player just because of personal preference , rather he starts u if u prove to be reliable and take ur chances when u have them. We saw how he didn’t hesitate to continue to play Nketiah even when Lacazette was back . He did same with Ramsdale. I hope he continues that way sha

(1) (2) (3) ... (2601) (2602) (2603) (2604) (2605) (2606) (2607) ... (3532) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: bolu96(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.