Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,715 members, 7,862,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:40 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2361014 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2603) (2604) (2605) (2606) (2607) (2608) (2609) ... (3549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:32pm On May 26, 2022
Roland17:

Baba, to be honest ehn, na the narratives surrounding the kid dey pain pass, not necessarily the fact that he did not even play for us. I did not expect Saliba to be a starter if he stayed back but the way we continue to pretend like he has not been mismanaged since he joined us is what frustrates me the most. Baba, I will be 100% okay if folks raise their hands and say, we have not managed this kid well, we could have done better, including his banishment, the decisions and timing of his loan move. but NO, all I read here are comments that shoulder the blame on the kid just to protect Arteta. People are more interested in what he says, how he says it, none of them even watched the kid while he was on loan.

Will Saliba become the 2nd coming of F. Baresi if and when he returns? I don't think so because he is still very young and has a lot of development/ growth to do, especially when you consider the difference in both leagues. However, the kid is confident about himself, has put the work in with evidence and is asking for a fair chance to compete, that was all he asked for. He is not asking to be thrown into the first 11, he is just asking for a fair chance to compete! But all I read here are folks just hating on the kid.

For once, someone can think without bias and the compulsion to be right and be honest in admitting we mismanaged the kid and can do better! SIMPLE

How was he mismanaged? By being sent on loan? Is that mismanagement? Na only him go loan?

This na query o

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:42pm On May 26, 2022
daveP:
Hickey is the most assured of coming right now.

Maybe those two won't come Sha. Especially as Ucl clubs want Bissouma. We kinda need the urgency Osimhen will bring. A link up with Partey is going to be absolutely stunning.
Osimhen is special because he will add both ground and aerial threat apart from the defense splitting runs, hold up play and physicality. He won't come cheap and that's the problem. For me even if he will cost 90m let's get him. We need him. Another option is Darwin Nunez.

We don't need more than two midfielders, we actually need one since Xhaka and Elneny are staying. If not I'd say we release one of those and add any two of Neves, Tielemans and Aouar to the shopping list.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:01pm On May 26, 2022
daveP:

Lol. Year. If they wait one more year, na free transfer o. Na to accept the cash like that. Its going to be more about Loyalty than European level rn.
I like this, maybe cause of my personal interest in Gnabry.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:01pm On May 26, 2022
Spy360:

In terms of talent and quality he is the worst. Let me explain in points

1. He was an easy target in all the matches he played. This is because of his lack of positional awareness. If not for Xhaka and Gabriel covering, he would be a total disaster.

2. Being dropped for Xhaka (a midfielder) and Tomiyasu (a RFB) shows he lacks trust from his manager.

3. He hardly makes a correct pass, when he does he places his man under pressure. He lost the ball more than any player I saw for Arsenal this season despite being a defender. Some of those caused us goals.

4. He is very poor in tackling. Elanga made a mince meat of him which almost caused us the Man United game, save for a bit of luck.

5. He has very poor decision making when he pushes forward. He is too hasty in both crosses and runs. I noticed Martinelli always gets fed up playing alongside him. Just that Arteta has banned arguments on the pitch, he would have been collecting wotowoto for body steady for Martinelli hand. grin
Name any match that we lost due to the bolded among the matches I listed aside crystal palace which I already acknowledged?

Moreover, you're talking his weaknesses, which we all know, but you didn't factor in his strength. All these things are what he did yet we won. What did Lokonga do when Partey was injured? What did Pepe do to even give person hope in the top 4 fight?

The thing is that, he was manageable and he even has stats to back it up. What influence did Lokonga have that made us lose back to back? Thank God for Elneny.

All these things you said didn't justify Tavarez being the worst this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:10pm On May 26, 2022
daveP:

Noticed his saves dropped drastically. That's why. Then errors climbed. Dunno why.
I noticed his saves dropped but he still made crucial saves to keep us in games.

Leicester 2nd leg, West ham 2nd leg are few match winning saves I can remember. As for errors, I hardly remember any except his distribution against Tottenham and Newcastle which the team played with alot of nerves.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 80sjamshophip: 9:37pm On May 26, 2022
Loooooooooool

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:40pm On May 26, 2022
80sjamshophip:
Loooooooooool
It better be lool ooo...

Make e just be joke
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:19am On May 27, 2022
Jodera:
Name any match that we lost due to the bolded among the matches I listed aside crystal palace which I already acknowledged?

Moreover, you're talking his weaknesses, which we all know, but you didn't factor in his strength. All these things are what he did yet we won. What did Lokonga do when Partey was injured? What did Pepe do to even give person hope in the top 4 fight?

The thing is that, he was manageable and he even has stats to back it up. What influence did Lokonga have that made us lose back to back? Thank God for Elneny.

All these things you said didn't justify Tavarez being the worst this season.
You are right that I have listed his weaknesses.
Those weaknesses for me made us weak as a team and affected general performances both directly and indirectly. It affected us in all the matches he played recently. I dont have to bring you match scenes go check them yourselves. I agree he did fairly well earlier, but his recent displays were totally off it. Hence Arteta's decision to use Xhaka as a LB. That's the biggest indicator you should have that he was very poor. We definitely need to replace him this summer. Being the worse doesn't mean he is totally useless, but as Arsenal we should be doing better. I want him and Pepe to leave. Pepe because he is overpriced but Tavares because he is not intelligent enough for Arsenal. These are entirely my views.

What are his strengths, help me in that. I want to talk good of him in my next post.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 12:41pm On May 27, 2022
Spy360:

Remove Bissouma and Gabriel Jesus. Add another striker with the money. We are fine. Though I can't say how good Hickey is but if he is a good LB it's ok.

Did a small study on this Hickey guy...

* 19-year-old from Scotland same as Tierney, so can easily be mentored by Tierney
* Plays Attack minded Left back, first-team regular for Bologna this last season, with 5 goals to his credit
* He is two-footed and can operate on either flank

If really good, can displace Tavares and be a better backup for Tierney and maybe for Tomi too.

But I am more interested in the CF we are getting 1st
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:51pm On May 27, 2022
Spy360:

You are right that I have listed his weaknesses.
Those weaknesses for me made us weak as a team and affected general performances both directly and indirectly. It affected us in all the matches he played recently. I dont have to bring you match scenes go check them yourselves. I agree he did fairly well earlier, but his recent displays were totally off it. Hence Arteta's decision to use Xhaka as a LB. That's the biggest indicator you should have that he was very poor. We definitely need to replace him this summer. Being the worse doesn't mean he is totally useless, but as Arsenal we should be doing better. I want him and Pepe to leave. Pepe because he is overpriced but Tavares because he is not intelligent enough for Arsenal. These are entirely my views.

What are his strengths, help me in that. I want to talk good of him in my next post.
You're digressing and missing the main point. Whether he's good enough for arsenal or not, whether he needs to be sold or not is another discussion entirely.

The point of our argument is simple; did Tavarez perform very well more than Lokonga and Pepe for him to be rated above the duo this completed season?

You said No while I said Yes. If so,
Bring facts that favours Lokonga and Pepe to be rated above tavarez just same way as I brought facts that favoured Tavarez earlier over the duo. That's how it's done

This one you're going about criticising Tavarez no be am at all. Elevate your candidates with facts they achieved instead bringing down Tavarez.

Abi Lokonga and Pepe no do anything this season? grin grin grin

Ps: I don't to talk about that issue in which Xhaka played Lb against Brighton. Even Arteta knows that's a mistake and he never tried that nonsense again immediately after that.
Also, I'll talk about Tavarez's strength on another discourse entirely and not this one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 1:22pm On May 27, 2022
Arsenal going for Morata and zincheko.

How do you see this
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:13pm On May 27, 2022
Lush100:
Arsenal going for Morata and zincheko.

How do you see this
Joke
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:01pm On May 27, 2022
Jodera:
You're digressing and missing the main point. Whether he's good enough for arsenal or not, whether he needs to be sold or not is another discussion entirely.

The point of our argument is simple; did Tavarez perform very well more than Lokonga and Pepe for him to be rated above the duo this completed season?

You said No while I said Yes. If so,
Bring facts that favours Lokonga and Pepe to be rated above tavarez just same way as I brought facts that favoured Tavarez earlier over the duo. That's how it's done

This one you're going about criticising Tavarez no be am at all. Elevate your candidates with facts they achieved instead bringing down Tavarez.

Abi Lokonga and Pepe no do anything this season? grin grin grin

Ps: I don't to talk about that issue in which Xhaka played Lb against Brighton. Even Arteta knows that's a mistake and he never tried that nonsense again immediately after that.
Also, I'll talk about Tavarez's strength on another discourse entirely and not this one.
This is your usual narrative and first sign of your losing an argument. I only respond based on your last comment, so forget about digression.

Meanwhile I have said that I have no time to begin to go into scene by scene descriptions of Tavares'performance.

I said that the very fact the coach has no confidence in him and opted to use Xhaka a midfielder as LB despite how silly the decision was is the main testament to Tavares weakness as a player. No other player was put in this condition. Even Tomi was played there as soon as he was fit enough.

As for Pepe, I never said he did well, but he was not as poor as Tavares. As a matter of fact, he was a decent enough as a backup for Saka. Pepe's issue was not living up to his price tag. But he was decent enough.

Lokonga had issues with fitness, but like we saw against Everton and when he was a lone midfielder he was slightly decent enough also. However, terrible he was he wasn't as bad as Tavares.

Tavares' games was always full of errors. So many errors in passing, in positioning etc. I maintain he is the lowest rated player this season. If Tierney was half fit, he would have still benched him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:13pm On May 27, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

* 19-year-old from Scotland same as Tierney, so can easily be mentored by Tierney
* Plays Attack minded Left back, first-team regular for Bologna this last season, with 5 goals to his credit

If really good, can displace Tavares and be a better backup for Tierney and maybe for Tomi too.

[Ab]But I am more interested in the CF we are getting 1st[/b]

It should be the season defining signing for us. It should be marquee too.

I don't like the prospect of two nationals in one wing o. Their village people might get involved. sad
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:25pm On May 27, 2022
Spy360:

This is your usual narrative and first sign of your losing an argument. I only respond based on your last comment, so forget about digression.

Meanwhile I have said that I have no time to begin to go into scene by scene descriptions of Tavares'performance.

I said that the very fact the coach has no confidence in him and opted to use Xhaka a midfielder as LB despite how silly the decision was is the main testament to Tavares weakness as a player. No other player was put in this condition. Even Tomi was played there as soon as he was fit enough.

As for Pepe, I never said he did well, but he was not as poor as Tavares. As a matter of fact, he was a decent enough as a backup for Saka. Pepe's issue was not living up to his price tag. But he was decent enough.

Lokonga had issues with fitness, but like we saw against Everton and when he was a lone midfielder he was slightly decent enough also. However, terrible he was he wasn't as bad as Tavares.

Tavares' games was always full of errors. So many errors in passing, in positioning etc. I maintain he is the lowest rated player this season. If Tierney was half fit, he would have still benched him.
Lol... No other player was put in that condition yet ESR(a Midfielder) is playing wing when Pepe is always available and fit. I see grin

Tavarez ought to be the lowest rated yet he has only one error leading to goals which is against Liverpool in the first leg. He's also instrumental in our wins against big teams we won yet you accuse him of being a weakness against big teams.
So Lokonga that his introduction was one of the reasons we lost top4 is better than Tavarez whose contribution brought us back into the contention again. Wonderful!!

You know what, you didn't bring any fact or proof that Lokonga and Pepe was better than him this season. You've already made your mind up that he's the worst without even looking at his case fairly. In fact, you brought out all his wrong doings which was very little to our results compared to the good works he did(which you kept mute) just to nail him.

Since that's your opinion about him, no yawa. You personally like Sambi over him which I noticed that's why you use a different stick for lokonga even though he was NEVER impactful In any game. Reason why you always grade Lokonga display when we're either winning or losing with a high score before his introduction. When game is even and Lokonga is there, we no dey ever see him impact. See how you're talking about Lokonga against Everton when we're already winning 4-1 before his introduction. Same way you hyped him when were losing 3-0 before his introduction against crystal palace. When he started the next two games after that, I no see your praise again grin. And that's just only 2 of numerous examples.

Anyhow sha, make we just switch talk to something better. But please just try to be fair with our Tavarez even though you might not like him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:03pm On May 27, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

But I am more interested in the CF we are getting 1st
on the long run, Tierney should be seen as the back up
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:13am On May 28, 2022
Jodera:
Lol... No other player was put in that condition yet ESR(a Midfielder) is playing wing when Pepe is always available and fit. I see grin

Tavarez ought to be the lowest rated yet he has only one error leading to goals which is against Liverpool in the first leg. He's also instrumental in our wins against big teams we won yet you accuse him of being a weakness against big teams.
So Lokonga that his introduction was one of the reasons we lost top4 is better than Tavarez whose contribution brought us back into the contention again. Wonderful!!

You know what, you didn't bring any fact or proof that Lokonga and Pepe was better than him this season. You've already made your mind up that he's the worst without even looking at his case fairly. In fact, you brought out all his wrong doings which was very little to our results compared to the good works he did(which you kept mute) just to nail him.

Since that's your opinion about him, no yawa. You personally like Sambi over him which I noticed that's why you use a different stick for lokonga even though he was NEVER impactful In any game. Reason why you always grade Lokonga display when we're either winning or losing with a high score before his introduction. When game is even and Lokonga is there, we no dey ever see him impact. See how you're talking about Lokonga against Everton when we're already winning 4-1 before his introduction. Same way you hyped him when were losing 3-0 before his introduction against crystal palace. When he started the next two games after that, I no see your praise again grin. And that's just only 2 of numerous examples.

Anyhow sha, make we just switch talk to something better. But please just try to be fair with our Tavarez even though you might not like him.

grin grin grin

I never said Lokonga was phenomenal. We are talking about the three worst performers this season. All three had flaws and all three made little contributions. But for me Tavares sits at the bottom.

I used a simple yardstick and you are dancing boga for me. How many players were dumped for someone who doesn't play their wing this season? The only person is Tavares. This yardstick is enough to know who was worst.

Lokonga wasn't good enough but he was never dropped for someone not a midfielder. If Elneny had not picked form, it would still be Lokonga playing that CM. Same goes to Pepe. Your claim that ESR was used is petty. ESR plays on the left he has no business with Pepe who plays on the right. ESR competes with Martinelli ON THE RIGHT WING. The mere fact that Tavares was dropped for Xhaka and Tomiyasu, on two different occasions at the risk of midfield and defense respectively is enough that he was the worst player irrespective of his little contributions. This your boga challenge who scale o.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:22am On May 28, 2022
Spy360 Abeg rest ! Any arsenal fan who watched arsenal matches this season will tell u they prefer Tavares starting in LB to Lokonga starting in CM. Tavares May not be the ideal product we are looking for just yet, but he still had more impact than Lokonga this season.

Lokonga as of today has not done anything to endear any fan to him. His time will surely come, but for now he should sit this one out. I know u have a personal preference for him; just like u had preference for Giroud but he still has to prove himself on the pitch for some of us to even see the market he dey sell.

Tavares played and made some errors by so did he put in some good performances too.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:49am On May 28, 2022
BlueRayDick:
Spy360 Abeg rest ! Any arsenal fan who watched arsenal matches this season will tell u they prefer Tavares starting in LB to Lokonga starting in CM. Tavares May not be the ideal product we are looking for just yet, but he still had more impact than Lokonga this season.

Lokonga as of today has not done anything to endear any fan to him. His time will surely come, but for now he should sit this one out. I know u have a personal preference for him; just like u had preference for Giroud but he still has to prove himself on the pitch for some of us to even see the market he dey sell.

Tavares played and made some errors by so did he put in some good performances too.
I respect that it's your opinion but you're not putting things into context. It's like asking having Tavares on LB and Pepe on RW. If I have Saka, why would I prefer Pepe on RW? We were lucky to have Elneny peak at the right time and so would prefer him to Lokonga in CM.

But in terms of quality of play and team balance, Lokonga made more contributions than Tavares. The LB only played more often because other options like playing Xhaka or Tomi will after the team structure but Arteta never trusted that guy. He was full of errors- passing, tackling, composure, positioning nnah how Una nor see all these things?

You know what? LB us one position Arteta will definitely change this season and don't be surprised if Tavares is sold off or loaned away.

When I was saying since February that Nketiah was better than Lacazette in terms of team needs and balance, you guys laughed me off. That's until it became glaring. This is the same thing that will happen.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:39am On May 28, 2022
Spy360:

I respect that it's your opinion but you're not putting things into context. It's like asking having Tavares on LB and Pepe on RW. If I have Saka, why would I prefer Pepe on RW? We were lucky to have Elneny peak at the right time and so would prefer him to Lokonga in CM.

But in terms of quality of play and team balance, Lokonga made more contributions than Tavares. The LB only played more often because other options like playing Xhaka or Tomi will after the team structure but Arteta never trusted that guy. He was full of errors- passing, tackling, composure, positioning nnah how Una nor see all these things?

You know what? LB us one position Arteta will definitely change this season and don't be surprised if Tavares is sold off or loaned away.

When I was saying since February that Nketiah was better than Lacazette in terms of team needs and balance, you guys laughed me off. That's until it became glaring. This is the same thing that will happen.

You have not said anything . Did Lokonga play well when he was given the chance to play CM ? No ! The coach had to go back to a forgotten Elneny to get us finish within Europa league spot, it could’ve been worse.

Tavares on the other hand had some good spells and the bad ones as well; he even scored a goal in the process . This clear as day.

You are only letting ur personal preference for Lokonga becloud ur sense of judgement in this case. We are talking of why happened this past season, but somehow u are premising ur argument on what Lokonga might become and then u will turn back and say “ I told u so”
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:48am On May 28, 2022
Spy360:

grin grin grin

I never said Lokonga was phenomenal. We are talking about the three worst performers this season. All three had flaws and all three made little contributions. But for me Tavares sits at the bottom.

I used a simple yardstick and you are dancing boga for me. How many players were dumped for someone who doesn't play their wing this season? The only person is Tavares. This yardstick is enough to know who was worst.

Lokonga wasn't good enough but he was never dropped for someone not a midfielder. If Elneny had not picked form, it would still be Lokonga playing that CM. Same goes to Pepe. Your claim that ESR was used is petty. ESR plays on the left he has no business with Pepe who plays on the right. ESR competes with Martinelli ON THE RIGHT WING. The mere fact that Tavares was dropped for Xhaka and Tomiyasu, on two different occasions at the risk of midfield and defense respectively is enough that he was the worst player irrespective of his little contributions. This your boga challenge who scale o.

Lol... Make I no lie you, e reach to boga you oo. grin

But like I said earlier, you're already strong-headed on your opinion on Tavarez without looking at his case fairly while not bringing anything up for Lokonga, so no need dragging this any further.

And as for Smith Rowe/ Pepe comparison, I wasn't petty. It's because Pepe is so useless that's why ESR(a Midfielder) was even considered as a left winger beginning of this season even when Martinelli was injured/unavailable. If Pepe was half as good as Saka or Martinelli, Saka would have switched wing to left wing. Saka has shown on numerous occasions that he's comfortable on the left as well as the right wing. Na just the poor quality of Pepe that made Arteta improvise to using ESR on the wings when Martinelli wasn't available.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 7:49am On May 28, 2022
Spy360:

The thing with laca and nketiah is just unfortunate.

Arsenal was having team playing bonding with laca as be had understanding with saka,Esr and martinelli or saka, odegard, and martinelli.
Which enabled us to play well against the defense of our opposition,
The issue however was that when laca himself was presented with goal scoring opportunities, he didn't take them.
Nketiah on the other hand is a goal poacher, like an opportunity taker like Richarlson.
His team play is very minute.
If u look at our last 8 games,
It was more of us playing against the opposition for an opportunity to present himself.
The team playing especially in the attacking third was not very good.
Nketiah cannot play with his back to goal very well.
He is more of a player to create chance for himself or to score one when opportunity presents one.
Had laca being burying his chances, nketiah would not have had the playing chance as he had.
Nketiah should learn how to team play with the other attacker.of saka, martinelli, odegard.
( A flowing attack not halting the speed of the transition. Look at what laca did for saka to score against watford). Nketiah will be on the first XI if he adds that to his came.
Lokonga did nothing to justify his play.
He should be loaned or learn a little rugby to improve his stamina.
Tavares is inexperienced.
Be should know when to play safe and know when to venture

Jodera
Spy360
Blueraydick
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:03am On May 28, 2022
Spy360:

Lol... For which season?? Why you dey do like this Spy? When this wan happen?
At least name one initial gra gra from Lokonga or his impact in the team this past season? Just one.

As for the 2nd bolded... You suppose put am for your CV cos e be like say e don become one. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:13am On May 28, 2022
BlueRayDick:

You have not said anything . Did Lokonga play well when he was given the chance to play CM ? No ! The coach had to go back to a forgotten Elneny to get us finish within Europa league spot, it could’ve been worse.

Tavares on the other hand had some good spells and the bad ones as well; he even scored a goal in the process . This clear as day.

You are only letting ur personal preference for Lokonga becloud ur sense of judgement in this case. We are talking of why happened this past season, but somehow u are premising ur argument on what Lokonga might become and then u will turn back and say “ I told u so”
You'll see how Spy will not answer the bolded, instead he'll start showing you flaws of Tavarez game as if we were oblivious of his flaws before

Spy arguments for this case dey like those buhari fanatics. Bring proof why buhari should be voted for 2nd term with his achievements from the first term, but no! Instead, they'll tell you why other candidates are bad and how PDP destroyed Nigeria, while keeping mute on his achievements that he has done(if any). Then they'll tell us to vote for him that we'll see his best the 2nd term grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:22am On May 28, 2022
BlueRayDick:

You have not said anything . Did Lokonga play well when he was given the chance to play CM? No ! The coach had to go back to a forgotten Elneny to get us finish within Europa league spot, it could’ve been worse.

Are you Ok? Because if you are you will understand that we are talking about the worst of the worst.

If you can't keep things into perspective, just read and pass.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:25am On May 28, 2022
Jodera:
Lol... Make I no lie you, e reach to boga you oo. grin

But like I said earlier, you're already strong-headed on your opinion on Tavarez without looking at his case fairly while not bringing anything up for Lokonga, so no need dragging this any further.

And as for Smith Rowe/ Pepe comparison, I wasn't petty. It's because Pepe is so useless that's why ESR(a Midfielder) was even considered as a left winger beginning of this season even when Martinelli was injured/unavailable. If Pepe was half as good as Saka or Martinelli, Saka would have switched wing to left wing. Saka has shown on numerous occasions that he's comfortable on the left as well as the right wing. Na just the poor quality of Pepe that made Arteta improvise to using ESR on the wings when Martinelli wasn't available.
Pepe plays on the RW where Saka operates. Whenever Saka was not available Pepe had always been called upon. If Elneny was not available, we call Lokonga. When Tierney was not available, we called Xhaka. It was when it began to affect the midfield that Arteta had to make do with Tavares. There was a game he was even subbed before halftime. I can't remember the game (I don't remember rubbish) you can help me.

Please boga me as you like, but see the angle I am coming from. We are discussing bad performances not good ones.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:31am On May 28, 2022
Lush100:

Arsenal was having team playing bonding with laca as be had understanding with saka,Esr and martinelli or saka, odegard, and martinelli.
The issue however was that when laca himself was presented with goal scoring opportunities, he didn't take them.
Nketiah on the other hand is a goal poacher, like an opportunity taker like Richarlson.
It was more of us playing against the opposition for an opportunity to present himself.
He is more of a player to create chance for himself or to score one when opportunity presents one.
Had laca being burying his chances, nketiah would not have had the playing chance as he had.
Nketiah should learn how to team play with the other attacker.of saka, martinelli, odegard.
( A flowing attack not halting the speed of the transition. Look at what laca did for saka to score against watford). Nketiah will be on the first XI if he adds that to his came.

Jodera
Spy360
Blueraydick
Nketiah is not a finished product yet, but if he was all that you mentioned here, then he would not be getting an extension contract of 5years to earn 100k a week. undecided

He would be joining Luton town.

Dude scored 5goals in 8games, guy I am laughing typing this honestly. Chill for Nketiah matter abeg. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:33am On May 28, 2022
Jodera:
Lol... For which season?? Why you dey do like this Spy? When this wan happen?
At least name one initial gra gra from Lokonga or his impact in the team this past season? Just one.

As for the 2nd bolded... You suppose put am for your CV cos e be like say e don become one. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:34am On May 28, 2022
Lush100:

Jode.ra
Spy3.60
Bluerayd.ick

I'm a known supporter of Lacazette but I'll disagree with your point about Nketiah.
Yes, While I wholly agree that Nketiah might not see the shirt if not for Laca goal drought and off-form but Nketiah showed that he's indeed more than a goal poacher.

For one, our structure changed due to Partey's injury which limited the amount of dominance with might have against opposition. Nketiah still pressed from the front and he still held up the ball well. In fact, Nketiah did everything that Laca was doing excellently as well as chipping in goals. Aside his runs which Laca obviously lacks, he can fashion out chances on his own when Midfield Is under pressure. Lacazette doesn't try that and worst of it all is that he's not even putting effort to try. I believe he'll even do better when Partey returns cos we'll be more dominant which will even increase his effectiveness and overall play upfront

Lokonga is just too small in game. Anytime he starts, notice how our Midfield becomes expressway to defence. Notice how he takes time to pass and release ball most times killing our attack. Aside being tidy(that's not losing the ball carelessly nor giving wrong side way passes), I don't see any attributes Lokonga have to be making him start or even become a worthy deputy for Partey or Xhaka. Maybe he can bring more next season, but this season is a write off for him.

As for Tavarez, the talent is there. For all the for all his flaws, we can see his very good attacking-wise. This is someone who guys here was thinking of upsurping Tierney due to the variety he brings to the game as a fullback. If his defensive game and positioning can be worked on, he'll become a very good FB. And all these things can be done since he's still very young. Another thing Is confidence. He seems to me like a player who loses confidence when not played for a very long time. With more game time next season, I believe we'll see more of Tavarez good display

Coyg!!!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:37am On May 28, 2022
Jodera:
You'll see how Spy will not answer the bolded, instead he'll start showing you flaws of Tavarez game as if we were oblivious of his flaws before

Spy arguments for this case dey like those buhari fanatics. Bring proof why buhari should be voted for 2nd term with his achievements from the first term, but no! Instead, they'll tell you why other candidates are bad and how PDP destroyed Nigeria, while keeping mute on his achievements that he has done(if any). Then they'll tell us to vote for him that we'll see his best the 2nd term grin
Why you dey fall for that trap?

Are we not discussing the worst players in the squad? Hence shouldn't it be how bad they were? If there were any achievements from those three, they won't be in the discussion.

I learnt my logic and reasoning for philosophy 101 very well. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:44am On May 28, 2022
Jodera:

I'm a known supporter of Lacazette but I'll disagree with your point about Nketiah.
Yes, While I wholly agree that Nketiah might not see the shirt if not for Laca goal drought and off-form but Nketiah showed that he's indeed more than a goal poacher.

For one, our structure changed due to Partey's injury which limited the amount of dominance with might have against opposition. Nketiah still pressed from the front and he still held up the ball well. In fact, Nketiah did everything that Laca was doing excellently as well as chipping in goals. Aside his runs which Laca obviously lacks, he can fashion out chances on his own when Midfield Is under pressure. Lacazette doesn't try that and worst of it all is that he's not even putting effort to try. I believe he'll even do better when Partey returns cos we'll be more dominant which will even increase his effectiveness and overall play upfront

Lokonga is just too small in game. Anytime he starts, notice how our Midfield becomes expressway to defence. Notice how he takes time to pass and release ball most times killing our attack. Aside being tidy(that's not losing the ball carelessly nor giving wrong side way passes), I don't see any attributes Lokonga have to be making him start or even become a worthy deputy for Partey or Xhaka. Maybe he can bring more next season, but this season is a write off for him.

As for Tavarez, the talent is there. For all the for all his flaws, we can see his very good attacking-wise. This is someone who guys here was thinking of upsurping Tierney due to the variety he brings to the game as a fullback. If his defensive game and positioning can be worked on, he'll become a very good FB. And all these things can be done since he's still very young. Another thing Is confidence. He seems to me like a player who loses confidence when not played for a very long time. With more game time next season, I believe we'll see more of Tavarez good display

Coyg!!!
Lokonga has the talents to thrive in midfield like Partey. But he lacks the pace and fitness. He was too slow and light and that affected his decision making and man marking. Unlike Partey.

As for Tavares, he has the pace to go forward, but his ball sense is too poor and he over does things like trying to take on a man thereby losing the ball at a dangerous area. He is Ok may be for smaller teams but definitely shouldn't be sitting on our bench as a backup. I don't thing he was even a first team player in his former club before joining us because I dont see any sign of it.

Lokonga and Tavares were both terrible. But I have more hope for Lokonga than Tavares. As for Pepe, his profile is too big to be a bench warmer. This should earn him a slap alongside his report card. I am sure he will be sold.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:52am On May 28, 2022
Spy360:

Why you dey fall for that trap?

Are we not discussing the worst players in the squad? Hence shouldn't it be how bad they were? If there were any achievements from those three, they won't be in the discussion.

I learnt my logic and reasoning for philosophy 101 very well. undecided
I'm not falling for any trap. I saw your response to Blueray and to me e no gel. Reason why, is because while we're discussing of worst rated players, this your bolded premise isn't the way to go about it. It's wrong

Players only get ratings because they Played— that's fact. Then, we'll look at the achievements done while playing, that's why a player who scored or assisted will be rated higher than those who didn't (95% of the time). Then we'll talk about the influence.

Nobody is looking at the bad side when rating, instead they looking at the good side a player falls short on. Meaning the good metrics are always used. Any player that falls short on any achievements or influence (i.e good metrics) is always rated poorly while any player that performs very well in the good metrics is always rated highly.

It's a reason why Everybody here will agree that Tavarez was better than Lokonga and Pepe this season except YOU. And the reason is simple — your definition/understanding of the ratings was wrong

(1) (2) (3) ... (2603) (2604) (2605) (2606) (2607) (2608) (2609) ... (3549) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: purplekayc(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.