Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,089 members, 7,852,690 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:28 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2354265 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
On a personal note, the whole Suarez link doesn't make any sense to me. One he is not the type of player AW would sign considering his discipline (or more like, lack of). Secondly, the amount of money we will be throwing at this is totally unArseneWenger!
The only sense I can make out of this if Suarez actually joins us is that Arsene is desperate to win something this season and leave on a high note. Asides that, it makes no sense.

For other field positions, I honestly don't see AW buying a CM. Wenger believes we have too many players in that position with Chambo, Cazorla, Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere and the small boys coming in from the youth team.
However, with the sale of Gervinho, we might bring in someone to play from the left/right with Bernard's name no 1 on the list at the mo.

Defensively, well, its not an unfamiliar scenario. AW has always toyed with this section of the team. How many times have we gone into a season short of defenders? How many times have we had to convert a midfielder to a defender? I don't doubt that this attitude will continue this season. Already, he's played Chuks as CB in Asia and Arsene may just see him as a back up CB. Remember we also have Miguel and Sagna (who has played in this position several times).

I still believe we will bring in a big name though not for anything but to sell the jerseys and match tickets. The only thing keeping hopes up now is the Suarez rumour. If this doesn't happen and no big name comes in his place, they would have to bring down ticket prices for fans to buy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by tayoccu(m): 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
bellong: I read a funny analysis of the current Suarez situation on soccernet. Below is someone's comment.

"Wenger Knows he will never get Suarez, he is doing it just for us the fans to think the club is serious. Rooney will go to Chelsea, Higuain is almost at Napoli, Madrid will use the cash to push for Suarez. Wenger will end up with nothing. He will soon begin saying how he has quality in his squad, and how he has depth if all players are injury free. One week to deadline, he will bring in someone from France at a bargain. The season will start with low moral for both fans and players. A few losses and he will begin complaining of how other teams use money. Press will ask him about the claim of having money to spend. He will simply say he did not see the quality he was looking for and was not prepared to spend just for the sake of buying. Then we shall struggle for top 4 (Which I believe may be more difficult esp if Spurs and L'Pool get their acts together). I guarantee that this time we will not finish in the top 4. Wenger may be forced to resign, another coach comes in. Fans riots, wanting for Usmanov takeover, Kronke stands his ground. To silence fans, he will attempt to buy some players for the new compaign only that top class players will shun the club bse of instability and inability to challenge. Four years down the road, Arsenal has not qualified for Europe and languishing in Mid table. Kroenke sells his stake to Usmanove, the club begins to get back up slowly but with poor managerial abilities and poor squad, try 2 times and finaly in the third year get back to Europe via Europa".

In the voice of loserpool's henry *i wonder what this dude's been smoking*?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kashmo: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
Mod412:

Is this a joke? Piers Morgan is a disease, a monumental disgrace of an Arsenal fan - My vomit has more brain cells than him.

The day Morgan 'forgives' AW of his sins is the day I stop supporting Arsenal, can't believe you said that.
Dude, it seems you just love blowing hot aircheesy Relax, calm your damn nerves and stop acting like say na you Holy pass grin
You came on a thread you just found and took it upon yourself to crash it by force! Every Arsenal fan is entitled to an opinion, however, you seem to be stretching yours on this thread. You just land here, let the breaks take effect, and make sure you pilot yourself around here to read posts before venturing to throw jibes wink

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hahaha!
bellong: I read a funny analysis of the current Suarez situation on soccernet. Below is someone's comment.

"Wenger Knows he will never get Suarez, he is doing it just for us the fans to think the club is serious. Rooney will go to Chelsea, Higuain is almost at Napoli, Madrid will use the cash to push for Suarez. Wenger will end up with nothing. He will soon begin saying how he has quality in his squad, and how he has depth if all players are injury free. One week to deadline, he will bring in someone from France at a bargain. The season will start with low moral for both fans and players. A few losses and he will begin complaining of how other teams use money. Press will ask him about the claim of having money to spend. He will simply say he did not see the quality he was looking for and was not prepared to spend just for the sake of buying. Then we shall struggle for top 4 (Which I believe may be more difficult esp if Spurs and L'Pool get their acts together). I guarantee that this time we will not finish in the top 4. Wenger may be forced to resign, another coach comes in. Fans riots, wanting for Usmanov takeover, Kronke stands his ground. To silence fans, he will attempt to buy some players for the new compaign only that top class players will shun the club bse of instability and inability to challenge. Four years down the road, Arsenal has not qualified for Europe and languishing in Mid table. Kroenke sells his stake to Usmanove, the club begins to get back up slowly but with poor managerial abilities and poor squad, try 2 times and finaly in the third year get back to Europe via Europa".
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 2:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
proudlysports: @debosky,
Are you saying I have access to the Guardian's articles before they are published?

No you silly child. grin

All I said is that the news broke long before 10:54 for the Guardian to confirm its validity and publish it by then and that invalidates the claim that you posted the info as it was happening. You are nothing but a transfer news charlatan. Even goal.com posters have better cred. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by kcjazz(m): 2:48pm On Jul 25, 2013
proudlysports: On a personal note, the whole Suarez link doesn't make any sense to me. One he is not the type of player AW would sign considering his discipline (or more like, lack of). Secondly, the amount of money we will be throwing at this is totally unArseneWenger!
The only sense I can make out of this if Suarez actually joins us is that Arsene is desperate to win something this season and leave on a high note. Asides that, it makes no sense.

For other field positions, I honestly don't see AW buying a CM. Wenger believes we have too many players in that position with Chambo, Cazorla, Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere and the small boys coming in from the youth team.
However, with the sale of Gervinho, we might bring in someone to play from the left/right with Bernard's name no 1 on the list at the mo.

Defensively, well, its not an unfamiliar scenario. AW has always toyed with this section of the team. How many times have we gone into a season short of defenders? How many times have we had to convert a midfielder to a defender? I don't doubt that this attitude will continue this season. Already, he's played Chuks as CB in Asia and Arsene may just see him as a back up CB. Remember we also have Miguel and Sagna (who has played in this position several times).

I still believe we will bring in a big name though not for anything but to sell the jerseys and match tickets. The only thing keeping hopes up now is the Suarez rumour. If this doesn't happen and no big name comes in his place, they would have to bring down ticket prices for fans to buy

Morally AFC don't want him but footballistically (apologies AW) he is the perfect fit for the team. It is a delicate balance, if we pull it off it would be glorious. We also need a defender. Huge doubt on Fellani but I hear his release clause expires on the 31st July and if no one comes in then is down till August but doubt we really need his type but who knows. Let's keep watching
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2013
Dunno what people are on about when it comes to morals/discipline - didn't Arsene sign Flamini who held his club to ransome? Didn't he sign Diaby - the thug of Clairfontaine? In terms of players messing with contracts - didn't he sign Flamini who did the same thing to us that he did to Marseille? Didn't Wenger sign the indisciplined RVP?

Ok - none of them were biters or accused of being racists, but they weren't choir boys either.

This whole morals/discipline angle only became something some desperate gooners held onto due to a lack of trohpies. Arsenal isn't a church or mosque - it is a football club and that should be the basis of selecting players.

Not that I like Suarez per se, but then again I didn't particularly like a number of other players till they joined.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 3:52pm On Jul 25, 2013
Jeeezzzz

Some people cant decode this thing. This is another ploy by Wenger to waste time.

The whole of June was spent on Higuain coming

July is dedicated to Suarez which wont materialize cos he would replace Higuain in madrid

August would e for Rooney that would either stay in Man Utd or go elsewhere.

After an uninspiring start to the league Wenger would make a loan move for Demba Ba
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Mod412(m): 4:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
kashmo:
Dude, it seems you just love blowing hot aircheesy Relax, calm your damn nerves and stop acting like say na you Holy pass grin
You came on a thread you just found and took it upon yourself to crash it by force! Every Arsenal fan is entitled to an opinion, however, you seem to be stretching yours on this thread. You just land here, let the breaks take effect, and make sure you pilot yourself around here to read posts before venturing to throw jibes wink

Hmm, you're making a lot of sense, not! - Piers Morgan is a cunt and i stand by what I said, its kind of hard to believe he has fans, different strokes for different folks I guess.

AIso, don't understand why you're putting much emphasis into the time i've spent here, for me this thread is just another Arsenal blog, and the first few comments I read caught me off guard(same feeling I get whenever I step into the devil's arse 'Le Grove').

Anyway, its all good right? We all want what's best for Arsenal, just remember this "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one"
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 4:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
Funny but tragically true

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Mod412(m): 4:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
What about the brazilian Bernard, has anyone here seen him play before, Can he improve the squad?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by bellong: 4:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
^^^ Bernard is not even a sure stuff. Athletico Mineiro denied any talk or offer from Arsenal. Though from his YouTube collections I have seen, he will not be a bad buy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
Mod412: What about the brazilian Bernard, has anyone here seen him play before, Can he improve the squad?

Bernard is another short fast winger like Walcott. And I think FC Porto has declared interest in him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Mod412(m): 4:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
bellong: ^^^ Bernard is not even a sure stuff. Athletico Mineiro denied any talk or offer from Arsenal. Though from his YouTube collections I have seen, he will not be a bad buy

Thanks, i guess he could be a potential replacement for Gervinho.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Mod412(m): 4:25pm On Jul 25, 2013
dayokanu:

Bernard is another short fast winger like Walcott. And I think FC Porto has declared interest in him

Won't be surprised if he ended up at Porto, they have a good track record when it comes to signing South Americans.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by tayoccu(m): 6:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
Mod412:

Won't be surprised if he ended up at Porto, they have a good track record when it comes to signing South Americans.
The language and culture plays a vital role.

Mean while... http://www.givemesport.com/362830-arsenal-target-reveals-premier-league-offer

http://www.givemesport.com/362876-liverpool-keeping-tabs-on-luis-suarez-replacement
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
Mod412:

In a few years from now, we would be saying the best thing we know how to say "We discovered him first"
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Mod412(m): 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ijogz K: In a few years from now, we would be saying the best thing we know how to say "We discovered him first"

Guy I hope not.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 10:41pm On Jul 25, 2013
Our final game of the Asian tour will come up tomorrow at 11am.
The match will be shown 'as live' on Arsenal player after the game. Also for those who don't know, Arsenal player is free for now but only for a short period.

Hopefully, AW will give young players like Zelalem and Olsson another opportunity to show their skills
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 1025: 10:42pm On Jul 25, 2013
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, history has it that mourinho in his second coming has played three matches and win three trophies.

very soon, the rumor here will wenger trying to buy messi or ronaldo.
is it not obvious that transfer deals have been concluded somewhere in france and belgium only awaiting august 1 midnight?

even if liverpool agrees to suarez transfer amount now, how much is wenger ready to pay the guy?

one thing i like about arsenal fans is that they are good listeners and they can believe anything as long as it is from wenger.

that is what i call total loyalty and your reward is in heaven but for trophy here, i am sorry is the right word.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 11:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
Joel Campbell (remember him?). Well even though he's finally got a work permit, Arsenal will be loaning him out for another season. This time it seems he'll be heading to Olympiacos in Greece.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by tayoccu(m): 11:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
1025: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, history has it that mourinho in his second coming has played three matches and win three trophies.

very soon, the rumor here will wenger trying to buy messi or ronaldo.
is it not obvious that transfer deals have been concluded somewhere in france and belgium only awaiting august 1 midnight?

even if liverpool agrees to suarez transfer amount now, how much is wenger ready to pay the guy?

one thing i like about arsenal fans is that they are good listeners and they can believe anything as long as it is from wenger.

that is what i call total loyalty and your reward is in heaven but for trophy here, i am sorry is the right word.

Does anyone know the kinda cheap stuff this dweeb smokes?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 5:25am On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 6:23am On Jul 26, 2013
tayoccu:

Does anyone know the kinda cheap stuff this dweeb smokes?

John henry asked the same question....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 26, 2013
Goooooood Morning Everyone!!!

On behalf of the Board of Directors AFC, we are glad to inform you that Suarez has.....

Break in transmission we r trying to fix dis, we apologize for any form of ..///
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 8:12am On Jul 26, 2013
Mod412:

You're right. He's off to Porto
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 26, 2013
dayokanu: Below s what Arsenal FC has been reduced to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evAlwf82hF0&feature=player_embedded
They did d same last year, and it didnt affect their usual fourth place..

Stop hating
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
i pity liverpool fans.. They issue suarez death threats. http://nairaland.com/1373793/breaking-liverpool-fans-issue-death
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 9:34pm On Jul 26, 2013
Arsene Wenger on Ryo

I believe he is in a position where he needs to play to have a good chance of competing at the top level. At the moment he will stay in the squad. Should we buy more players I will have to reassess the situation. At the moment he will stay with us.

I personally do not think Ryo will make it at Arsenal. He's a good player but not Arsenal level. I like AW's caveat - Should we but more players - loool....The guy sure knows how to tease fans. cheesy

Today's game against URD was a good one. Gave our squad stronger competition than previous games and we showed our true colours. Defensively, Per and Kos (this guy is one of the best CBs in Europe at the moment IMO) did well. We had a weak link in Miquel but considering he isn't in our first 11 (fingers crossed), it's fine.
Our midfield was in tatters in the first half. I doubt if AW will play Wilshere and Chambo together in midfield again. Second half, Ramsey showed his stuff. Ill play him ahead of Jack alongside Arteta on current form. Rosicky also continued from where he stopped from.

Upfront, I want to believe after this match, AW will realize that scoring 17 goals against weak teams means nothing. Giroud was missing from the game and Podolski in the second half was his usual self i.e. everywhere else except upfront. Good goal from him though. Theo Walcott? Whatever happened to him? He has missed so many chances in this Asian tour and today was no exception. I hope he is saving his goals for the new season.

Fabianski was in goal for 90 mins and made a few good saves. He didn't miss the opportunity to live up to his nickname (Flappianski) when he flapped as a harmless shot in the first half but asides that, he did well.

Going forward, we really do need a proven striker. Not a backup for Giroud but someone who will play ahead of Giroud. We also need a disciplined DM. There was so much space between our midfield and defense today. Wenger, sort this out!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 11:12am On Jul 27, 2013
Arsenal and AW should learn from this

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/360869667981651968/photo/1/large

"We are ready to do quick deals but all the transfers do not depend only on us," said Wenger as he spoke about the transfer for the first time. "But we are prepared to wait. It looks unlikely before the Emirates Cup (next weekend).

"We still have a strong squad but we are there on the market to try to strengthen our team. With or without additions we can be title challengers next season."
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luis-suarez-transfer-arsenal-play-2093369#ixzz2aEtUjgtp
Honestly, Henry was right to ask "What are they smoking at the Emirates?"
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 12:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
As in people actually believed wengazidis.....?!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 1025: 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
proudlysports: Arsenal and AW should learn from this

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/360869667981651968/photo/1/large

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luis-suarez-transfer-arsenal-play-2093369#ixzz2aEtUjgtp
Honestly, Henry was right to ask "What are they smoking at the Emirates?"

sometimes, i rejoice for the foresight that made me run for my dear life in 2004. i for don die by now. hwo can i manage my fragile heart? chai, wenger and his wards.
hahahahahahahaha, title challengers indeed.
well, the transfer deadline is no more 31st but it has been extended to 2nd so time still dey sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.