Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2332436 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (3519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Emfash(m): 1:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
"We still have a strong squad but we are there on the market to try to strengthen our team. With or without additions we can be title challengers next season." Wenger--- In John Henry's words: What really is Wenger smoking? angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Emfash(m): 1:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
tayoccu:

Does anyone know the kinda cheap stuff this dweeb smokes?
Must be weeds harvested from Gwoza hills
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
Hehehehehe. I cant fit to laff.

The following writeup was culled from arseblog news. Arsenes words are in quotes:

We are ready to do quick deals but all the transfers do not depend only on us, but we are prepared to wait. It looks unlikely before the Emirates Cup. We still have a strong squad but we are there on the market to try to strengthen our team.

With or without additions we can be title challengers next season.

I know some folk will ask ‘What else can he say?’, and while he’s obviously not going to call his squad too weak to be competitive, he didn’t really have to say that. He doesn’t have to give everyone a run down or a schedule with all the details, but there’s no need to say we can compete with the squad we have when the league table last season makes a lie of that straight away. He could have just left it at the whole, ‘We’re ready to do deals’ or ‘What we want is not as name but as good player. The name is less important. What is more important is the quality of the player’, instead of putting the shits up everybody.

He goes on to say:

What has changed recently is that in Europe some countries like France suddenly have bought some very very talented players who two or three years ago would all have come to England. It makes the chase for talent very difficult.

Oh oh, the old lack of talent thing. Followed by:

Of course we want to do as many top players as we can. But we also have to focus on the players we have and develop them. We have plenty of candidates in midfield now and there is a big fight there. Bacary Sagna settles in well at centre-back with Thomas Vermaelen out.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 27, 2013
^ Ashipa, I could not wait to log on to read your reaction when I read that entry on Arseblog! grin grin grin grin.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
naijababe: ^ Ashipa, I could not wait to log on to read your reaction when I read that entry on Arseblog! grin grin grin grin.

U sef dey laff abi? grin grin

I could have told u all these a long time ago na. Matter of fact i did......

ROflmao. Its absolutely amazing how gullible people can be. Taa.

GOd forbid that 1 man will make a mockery of my intelligence. When i have reference for his previous ways. What in d world posessed u pple to believe the buying bs?

Na he will buy players.. mos def. Like 2 or 3. They will be his usual specs thats all.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2013
U actually believe that f00l will buy suarez then your brain must be overheating.
There’s talk now that Suarez might cost £50m to prise away from Liverpool, but Higuain for £31m and a midfielder/defender in the £15-20m bracket makes us significantly stronger for the same amount.

THe same higuain debosky was quick to refer me to his stats that arsenal apparently passed up even tho im sure it was a lie all along
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
4llerbuntu:

U sef dey laff abi? grin grin

I could have told u all these a long time ago na. Matter of fact i did......

ROflmao. Its absolutely amazing how gullible people can be. Taa.

GOd forbid that 1 man will make a mockery of my intelligence. When i have reference for his previous ways. What in d world posessed u pple to believe the buying bs?

Na he will buy players.. mos def. Like 2 or 3. They will be his usual specs thats all.

I dey laff o, in fact lwtmb sef! Arsene Wenger?! I have not seen a more deluded man......our first game of the next season is against Aston Villa, maybe a 4-0 drubbing will bring him to his senses like the ManU drubbing did 2 seasons ago!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
"We are ready to do quick deals but all the transfers do not depend only on us," said Wenger as he spoke about the transfer for the first time. "But we are prepared to wait. It looks unlikely before the Emirates Cup (next weekend).

"We still have a strong squad but we are there on the market to try to strengthen our team. With or without additions we can be title challengers next season."

Lol !!

*Yawns* Wenger, as always, sounding like a badly scratched up CD with the same story every summer. This clown has been searching for 'quality' players for the past 3 years, him never see.

With the players dropping like flies in pre-season, I foresee another rough start to the season and an extension of the trophyless run.

Nothing is ever going to change with Wengazidis the incorrigible pair, they never never learn.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by bellong: 5:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
This is always the period I mostly remember David Barry Dein.....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Mod412(m): 6:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
Wenger is making it hard for me to support/defend him, I can't even put into words the things going through my mind after reading those comments, it might be best if I keep them to myself.

Having said that, I am willing to wager that Arsenal will still make 2 markeey(?) Signings before the close of this transfer season - don't ask me why, just my gut feeling.

Guys and ladies, I still think we should take a step back and relax a bit, we shouldn't allow this club give us unnecessary high blood pressure. AW might just be talking crazy, we all know it gets a bit hot during the summer out there, he might have been under the sun for too long, yea that's it.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Mod412(m): 6:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
bellong: This is always the period I mostly remember David Barry Dein.....

Really? Are we talking bout the same guy who tried selling his shares to the Fat one(usmanov), the same guy whose son represents Fabregas, Judas and Alex song?

Apart from that, I got to admit he knew how to get the job done.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 6:36pm On Jul 27, 2013
Mod412: Wenger is making it hard for me to support/defend him, I can't even put into words the things going through my mind after reading those comments, it might be best if I keep them to myself.

Having said that, I am willing to wager that Arsenal will still make 2 markeey(?) Signings before the close of this transfer season - don't ask me why, just my gut feeling.

Guys and ladies, I still think we should take a step back and relax a bit, we shouldn't allow this club give us unnecessary high blood pressure. AW might just be talking crazy, we all know it gets a bit hot during the summer out there, he might have been under the sun for too long, yea that's it.

Hahaha.... you still want to defend wenger's transfer policies
You r a strong man oooooo
He will make mannequin signings dont worry grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by tonydoes: 11:56pm On Jul 27, 2013
wenger is similar to an old circus act that badly needs new tricks...enough of the tired old one-liners, and irritating dodgy answers...answer questions straight and frankly it wont kill ya http://gidigooner..com/
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:45am On Jul 28, 2013
Arsenal problems lie completely at the feet of its fans.

most expensive stadium tickets yet its always sold out.

the season tickets has a 3 yr waiting list for members.

fans continually make excuses for the team and managers shortcomings. the minority who dont are knee jerkers and irate fantasists who dont know about football.

the team has made the greatest profits ever and regressed by continually penny pinching.

the 'great' manager last had success of any type 8 yrs ago unless of course 4th place is that trophy the rest if the also rans compete for

all of these became reality in the past 8 yrs.

the maths is really quite simple. if you own the club or belong on the board is there a reason why you would change anything? personally i would be surprised if the next deal does not make Arsene the highest paid coach in europe!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 9:21am On Jul 28, 2013
STEWART DOWNING says Liverpool's players have launched a united front in a bid to convince Luis Suarez to stay at Anfield.

The England winger insists Suarez's desire to move to Arsenal has done little to dent his popularity in the dressing room.

Liverpool rejected an increased bid of £40,000,001 for Suarez from the Gunners this week.

And Downing is desperately hoping the Londoners refuse to meet the Merseysiders’ £55million valuation.

He said: “It's so important for us to keep hold of him as Luis is one hell of a player.

“He's had some good discussions with the manager which will remain private.

“For us as players nothing changes. He's still the same player and he's a great lad to have around the place.

“He gets on well with all the lads.

“Luis knows we all want him to stay. It’d be so disappointing to lose him.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5037394/Liverpool-stars-including-Stewart-Downing-beg-Luis-Suarez-to-stay.html#ixzz2aKIK9JA4
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Mod412(m): 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2013
4llerbuntu: Arsenal problems lie completely at the feet of its fans.

most expensive stadium tickets yet its always sold out.

the season tickets has a 3 yr waiting list for members.

fans continually make excuses for the team and managers shortcomings. the minority who dont are knee jerkers and irate fantasists who dont know about football.

the team has made the greatest profits ever and regressed by continually penny pinching.

the 'great' manager last had success of any type 8 yrs ago unless of course 4th place is that trophy the rest if the also rans compete for

all of these became reality in the past 8 yrs.

the maths is really quite simple. if you own the club or belong on the board is there a reason why you would change anything? personally i would be surprised if the next deal does not make Arsene the highest paid coach in europe!

To say I disagree with everything posted above would be an understatement. Do you actually think your 'opinion' is the Gospel truth, get out of here with that all knowing bullshite attitude, no offense.

We both have completely different definitions of success and failure so I won't even bother arguing with you - But I will say this, if you consider the last 8 years of Wenger's tenure as a 'failure', then you must have been living in fantasy island.

Winning trophies doesn't always equate success, Dalglish, Martinez, Redknapp and Mcliesh are testament to that, building a half a billion dollar stadium, staying competitive AND guaranteeing the long term future of a club is what I call success, IMFO.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by IZUKWU(m): 1:49pm On Jul 28, 2013
biolabee:

Hahaha.... you still want to defend wenger's transfer policies
You r a strong man oooooo
He will make mannequin signings dont worry grin
i trust wenger to do his best. He has overseen two different arsenal dispensations. He meet a top side with quality enough players to challenge for the league and champions league and funds to buy top players and later due to sacrifices to secure the future of the club by building new stadium ,he had to curtail buys and manage to keep the team afloat both in the league and europe and could have even added some trophies not minding the sudden riches of chelsea and mancity,has consistently been in the top four,with changes now in the fortunes of the club,wenger can deliver once again. Or do you earnestly think ,you want the trophies more than him? What would you get with the trophies and imagine what he will get .be calm ,wenger knows his beans sorry onions!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KayDee4: 2:12pm On Jul 28, 2013
Mod412:

To say I disagree with everything posted above would be an understatement. Do you actually think your 'opinion' is the Gospel truth, get out of here with that all knowing bullshite attitude, no offense.

We both have completely different definitions of success and failure so I won't even bother arguing with you - But I will say this, if you consider the last 8 years of Wenger's tenure as a 'failure', then you must have been living in fantasy island.

Winning trophies doesn't always equate success, Dalglish, Martinez, Redknapp and Mcliesh are testament to that, building a half a billion dollar stadium, staying competitive AND guaranteeing the long term future of a club is what I call success, IMFO.

"staying competitive"
What is "competitive" ? Competing for 4th place ?
The danger here with 'Arsenal Wenger' is that the bar keeps going down. Competitiveness used to be about fighting for the title but soon, it's gon be all about making it to the Europa (not even UCL).
Yeah, we built a stadium and had our financial hands tied, but missing out on, or not signing desperately needed players cos of 3-5 million pounds difference has nothing to do with the stadium.
That "billion-dollar stadium" excuse may have been valid some years ago but it's totally played out now.
There were seasons we could have done better than we did or maybe even won something but for lack of proper players and Monsieur's penny-pinching attitude, we failed.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 2:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
I see dudu has a new ID cheesycheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
Happy Sunday Everyone
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 3:17pm On Jul 28, 2013
Someone needs to beg Bendtner to move..since his rumoured 5-club interest, we've heard little from that angle
Now seems we want to trade him for a right back in Spain. Hopefully this works out
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dare2think: 4:47pm On Jul 28, 2013
So, according to Wenger;

[size=18pt]"We still have a strong squad but we are there on the market to try to strengthen our team. With or without additions we can be title challengers next season."[/size]

lol. This Man still thinks we are in 2004.

I suspect dementia!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
^^^
Honestly I am feelñg so sad now!
How culd Wenger be saying ds in 2013?!
This man shld quit gambling for God's sake
Haba!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
and there u have it.
Arsenal has been successful in the 8 years and this level is an excellent one for the club to be at.

so says the "good" fans of arsenal football club.

btw
this one keeps talking down people's views whilst pushing his own as being the right one. i wonder who owns account sef........ very pushy and arrogant self opinionated mofo

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by OAM4J: 6:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
See madness! See frustration! Only Wenger fit cause this.

SHOCKING IMAGE: Arsenal fan demands to sign Suarez or he’ll slit his throat!

An Arsenal fan on Twitter posted a shock image of himself with a knife on his throat. He’s demanding Arsenal to sign a player or he’ll kill himself. He Tweeted:

“@Yoann_AFC: Wenger, if you don’t sign Suarez by next week end .. @Arsenal.”

http://www.mixturesport.com/shocking-image-arsenal-fan-demands-to-sign-suarez-or-hell-slit-his-throat/
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 6:35pm On Jul 28, 2013
^^^^
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
omo see gobe o grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2013
nikkykay: ^^^
Honestly I am feelñg so sad now!
How culd Wenger be saying ds in 2013?!
This man shld quit gambling for God's sake
Haba!!!

psssst. wenger is always right. cheesy

u do know his target simply is to qualify for CL. the man is convinced his competitors have not strengthened enough to threaten his team. moreover tottenham is likely to lose gareth bale..... wenger is actually right. his squad can compete for 4th. end of.

shouldnt the focus now be on analysing how the team will turn out for the season......... hoping for another wilshere-esque gem amongst those smallies. and oxencart chamberpot is due a big season....
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by OAM4J: 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
Picture: WTF? Arsenal boss buying bread instead of players!!

Arsene Wenger’s bid of £1.33 for a bread roll has been turned down by a local bakery in north London. The bakery is firm on demanding £1.50. Another bid from the Gunners’ boss is expected very soon.

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
Honestly we don't need to buy players.
Now that Fergie is gone, we only need to buy refs

We need to submit a bid for Webb ASAP!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Olaone1: 6:55pm On Jul 28, 2013
OAM4J: Picture: WTF? Arsenal boss buying bread instead of players!!

Arsene Wenger’s bid of £1.33 for a bread roll has been turned down by a local bakery in north London. The bakery is firm on demanding £1.50. Another bid from the Gunners’ boss is expected very soon.

grin grin grin grin
grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2013
@OAM4J thank you for the pictures cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by A40(m): 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
OAM4J: See madness! See frustration! Only Wenger fit cause this.

SHOCKING IMAGE: Arsenal fan demands to sign Suarez or he’ll slit his throat!

An Arsenal fan on Twitter posted a shock image of himself with a knife on his throat. He’s demanding Arsenal to sign a player or he’ll kill himself. He Tweeted:

“@Yoann_AFC: Wenger, if you don’t sign Suarez by next week end .. @Arsenal.”

http://www.mixturesport.com/shocking-image-arsenal-fan-demands-to-sign-suarez-or-hell-slit-his-throat/
Make he no go find another club support e go just die saraa

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (3519) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.