Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2636) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2323174 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2633) (2634) (2635) (2636) (2637) (2638) (2639) ... (3492) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 9:22pm On Jun 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:

E be like say edu and arteta plan and execute heist together

lol. I heard it's because Arteta saved a lot of money with the deadwoods sold, sent on loan and terminated, couple with the fact that they didnt spend the money approved for new players during the January transfer window... and with Arteta making top 6, so our oga at the top approved a package of about £160M for this window.

With the rough estimate on my head I think they should still be able to get two more quality signings.

I will prefer they get Martinez or Zichenko first,

Then any of Raphinha or Tielemans depending on who is leaving this summer.

But I am impressed so far....

Matt Turner ...... GK
Marquinhos /RW
Fabio Viera AM/RW/LW
Gabriel Jesus CF

with these players coming back with improved contract

Nketiah CF
Elneny MF
And Saliba CB about to sign an improved contract

Yes we are doing well.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2022
mostob:
yea..I just think the skillset of Nketiah will complement Marti and Saka more than Jesus who is more like an hustler grin grin
Well, hopefully exciting times ahead.

It'll be interesting to see how Jesus and Nketiah jostle for the CF spot

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Una too Sabi ball for this place which one is deep lying playmaker again, is he playing through passes with keeper and defenders lipsrsealed
Pirlo is an example of DLP. They're not AM neither are they CM but everything goes through them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:26pm On Jun 26, 2022
Jodera:
Well, hopefully exciting times ahead.

It'll be interesting to see how Jesus and Nketiah jostle for the CF spot
I was expecting another striker sha...a tall one....TBH.
Or maybe Holding as plan B. The way he normally comes in to close shop, we fit bring him on to open shop...this time as a forward...just whip in the crosses grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2022
mostob:
wow...e be like say the rumour is true o. I heard Edu and Arteta. stole Kroenke's credit card grin grin
grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:27pm On Jun 26, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

lol. I heard it's because Arteta saved a lot of money with the deadwoods sold, sent on loan and terminated, couple with the fact that they didnt spend the money approved for new players during the January transfer window... and with Arteta making top 6, so our oga at the top approved a package of about £160M for this window.

With the rough estimate on my head I think they should still be able to get two more quality signings.

I will prefer they get Martinez or Zichenko first,

Then any of Raphinha or Tielemans depending on who is leaving this summer.

But I am impressed so far....

Matt Turner ...... GK
Marquinhos /RW
Fabio Viera AM/RW/LW
Gabriel Jesus CF

with these players coming back with improved contract

Nketiah CF
Elneny MF
And Saliba CB about to sign an improved contract

Yes we are doing well.
I think the choice is between Hickey, Martinez and Zinchenko. I'll prefer Martinez though.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2022
mostob:
E shock me too but then we Don too suffer for their hand...make we enjoy this window abeg
Abi na.
Like Sod says, who are we to complain grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:31pm On Jun 26, 2022
Jodera:
Partey a DLP?

Na why I just calm down for this matter with Spy
Well...I was thinking that's what he wanna say instead of the CM he brought into the argument
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:31pm On Jun 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Kroneke must not find out before we finish our deals
grin grin grin
You no see my screenshot...
Na to tell am say they use the money sign Angel Gabriel,Angel Moses and Angel Michael. Baba no go too vex grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2022
mostob:
I think the choice is between Hickey, Martinez and Zinchenko. I'll prefer Martinez though.

Same here... But still wondering if Ajax will sell or frustrate the sale...but I read Martinez also want the move.

If Martinez fails, then Zinchenko, because he can also play in the midfield.

I am no longer rating or desiring Hickey, but if he comes, no wahala

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2022
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:35pm On Jun 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Here we go!!!
Martinez and fofana next
Arteta no fvck up next season abeg no more haram football I take God beg you

No kukuma waste my time with any kain hope injection. Haram na him DNA, I have seen enough to not believe otherwise. angry

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

Same here... But still wondering if Ajax will sell or frustrate the sale...but I read Martinez also want the move.

If Martinez fail, then Zinchenko, because he can also play in the midfield.

I am no longer rating or desiring Hickey, but if he comes, no wahala
If Tafa Balogun moves, I wontind Hickey though.
As for Martinez, I heard arsenal has made an improved bid...35m
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Una too Sabi ball for this place which one is deep lying playmaker again, is he playing through passes with keeper and defenders lipsrsealed
Lol, mostly AMs who are deployed deeper in order to facilitate buildup play and creativity from deep. But due to their weak defensive attribute and awareness, a strong or good DM or Cm is mostly placed beside them to compensate for that. Tho, they can still contribute to defensive responsibilities too

Examples was Pirlo(DLP) who had Vidal
Fabregas also during his first season at Chelsea who had Matic alongside him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:44pm On Jun 26, 2022
mostob:
He tried especially considering his inexperience. Make baba no fumble next season sha.
I tell you oo.

Make him no fumble sha. Good thing is that this squad is young and hungry

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:46pm On Jun 26, 2022
mostob:
I was expecting another striker sha...a tall one....TBH.
Or maybe Holding as plan B. The way he normally comes in to close shop, we fit bring him on to open shop...this time as a forward...just whip in the crosses grin grin grin
I noticed that Arteta always goes for varieties in personnel, someone who can give him options in different wings and someone like a tall striker might not.

Wò, make we dey watch sha

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 10:39pm On Jun 26, 2022
Una kuku wan go spiritual pátápátá
Angel Gabriel and jesus plus Mohammed ( el neny) .
Make una kuku sign Sangotunde
Una problem don pass normal but still Assnal will always be Assnal grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:31am On Jun 27, 2022
mostob:
what is a deep lying playmaker? Is Partey a deeplying playmaker?
I actually said deep lying midfielder, but he could as well be a playmaker. Thanks for the question.

This role is someone who picks the ball from the defense and breaks the opposition press and transit it into attack. Remember the likes of Pirlo, Cazorla, and even Fabregas in his early years at Arsenal. This role is very crucial for Arteta because he mainly passes from the back.

Due to Partey's defensive ability it becomes a double plus for him and people focus more on this instead of his actual role of attack from the back. Partey's role is to break defensive structures of opposition with splitting passes. He excelled in the role as a single pivot which made Xhaka to push higher into an AM.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:37am On Jun 27, 2022
mostob:
Pirlo is an example of DLP. They're not AM neither are they CM but everything goes through them.
You knew this and you are still asking me. Mtchew! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:40am On Jun 27, 2022
Roland17:

No kukuma waste my time with any kain hope injection. Haram na him DNA, I have seen enough to not believe otherwise. angry
Oga abeg trust the process for once.

Ike gwuru

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:42am On Jun 27, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, mostly AMs who are deployed deeper in order to facilitate buildup play and creativity from deep. But due to their weak defensive attribute and awareness, a strong or good DM or Cm is mostly placed beside them to compensate for that. Tho, they can still contribute to defensive responsibilities too

Examples was Pirlo(DLP) who had Vidal
Fabregas also during his first season at Chelsea who had Matic alongside him
So why are you people talking like I don't know what I am saying. Una want just make me to talk abi. God dey o. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:53am On Jun 27, 2022
Forest interested in AMN, nobody should block the move if they offer 10m we should collect
Big week ahead: new improved offers for raphinha(I wish we add Nelson to the deal plus lonkonga on loan) and Martinez
We still need a midfielder then we close shop and return kroneke card before we bankrupt him
I am not greedy but I am having high hope for next season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:13am On Jun 27, 2022
Spy360:

So why are you people talking like I don't know what I am saying. Una want just make me to talk abi. God dey o. grin grin grin
Lol, you're still not getting it.
I/we didn't say you're wrong about the word DLP, we're just saying that that's not what Partey played last season. DLPs aren't even focused on breaking up play and tackling which Partey was known for last season, so that negates the DLP narrative you're saying Partey was.

If Partey played as one, I will even be one of the first to talk about it. Afterall, I remember the argument me and Sod had earlier this year when I said ESR was a winger this past season. Now almost everyone is including ESR name alongside Martinelli if we're counting the left wingers arsenal have.

But my point is clear, the issue is not even whether Partey is playing DLP, DM or CDM. No, that one na talk for another day. I just no hear say we buy Tielemans for Partey backup.
If he's bought for anything other than CDM/DM, then he's welcome
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 11:08am On Jun 27, 2022
He is finally here !

Welcome Matty Turner!

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:16am On Jun 27, 2022
ObaIgwe1:
He is finally here !

Welcome Matty Turner!
Leno to fulham 10m angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:25pm On Jun 27, 2022
Spy360:

You knew this and you are still asking me. Mtchew! grin grin grin
No...I just guessed there is something in between CM and AM that you want to use to qualify Partey that's why I asked you. I quite agreed. Partey is playing as a DLP and a DM which is why we usually struggle anytime he is out as nobody can properly replace him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:27pm On Jun 27, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Leno to fulham 10m angry
How good is this Turner abeg....I'm not sold on this guy at all
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 5:59pm On Jun 27, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Leno to fulham 10m angry

Well if we got Turner for about 4M and sold Leno for 10M, it will still be good business if and only if Turner is as good as Leno or better.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 6:05pm On Jun 27, 2022
mostob:

Well good enough to be the best GK for US team that won the 2021 CONCACAF Gold Cup and has also been an integral part of the team that won qualification to the 2022 World Cup.

Finger crossed we hope for the best.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2022
Update.

It can be accepted... If Martinez also make a push for it.... Else we bring in the 50M and get our man .

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2022
ObaIgwe1:
Update.

It can be accepted... If Martinez also make a push for it.... Else we bring in the 50M and get our man .
Heard arsenal will make a big announcement within the coming 2 days. Tielemans or Raphina or Martinez
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:29pm On Jun 27, 2022
mostob:
Atleast he's a good backup

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2633) (2634) (2635) (2636) (2637) (2638) (2639) ... (3492) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.