Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2638) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2318523 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2635) (2636) (2637) (2638) (2639) (2640) (2641) ... (3490) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 9:48pm On Jun 28, 2022
Spy360:

Yeah!

I also wasn't too comfortable having too many Brazilians in the team after we sealed Jesus even though I rated Raphinha highly. At least we don't have to worry about that anymore. We can invest that money on Gnabry or Osimhen. Also we need to finalise Martinez and Tielemans fast if we are sure we need them.

We have too many disgruntled players like Bellerin, Torriera and AMN who would not give us their bests. Take these away and our squad becomes too thin to achieve meaningful things next season.

We need to make those signings and quickly do away with those dissatisfied players.

I have given up on Osihmen long time now... I don't think we are getting another CF.

While I don't mind Gnabry at all, I believe he will be a great addition to us... But I still don't think getting him will be easy, the guy wants to play the in the CL, and his preference has always been Madrid. I have not read anything suggesting the guy wants Arsenal comeback. On top of that, his wages will not be small o.

Le's get the willing Martinez and Tielemans , sell the unwanted ones / excess to requirements players, then focus on training/preparation for next season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:57pm On Jun 28, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

I have given up on Osihmen long time now... I don't think we are getting another CF.

While I don't mind Gnabry at all, I believe he will be a great addition to us... But I still don't think getting him will be easy, the guy wants to play the in the CL, and his preference has always been Madrid. I have not read anything suggesting the guy wants Arsenal comeback. On top of that, his wages will not be small o.

Le's get the willing Martinez and Tielemans , sell the unwanted ones / excess to requirements players, then focus on training/preparation for next season.
Not getting a reliable RW will mean overlabouring Saka again next season. Games will be thick and close due to the World Cup and so relying only on Saka will be detrimental. We need a RW or another CF so that Jesus can be Saka's backup when he is not playing CF.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2022
70m for Raphina? shocked shocked

Na Pepe I blame sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
Spy360:

Not getting a reliable RW will mean overlabouring Saka again next season. Games will be thick and close due to the World Cup and so relying only on Saka will be detrimental. We need a RW or another CF so that Jesus can be Saka's backup when he is not playing CF.

I get your point, I am not totally against getting another Winger, but Gnabry will not be easy...reason I suggested we give Marquinhos a chance or some other matured quality wingers from our Academy. Or Edu can still surprise us with another not well known but good talent.

Other wingers linked to us include Asensio (I dont know why I dont fancy him) and Moussa Diaby (he will be too expensive for my liking )

I like Bowen though, but I don't think we are looking at his direction or think West ham will sell.

Don't also forget we are yet to offload Pepe o cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Actman05: 10:48pm On Jun 28, 2022
Spy360:

Ok. Apologies
It's all good chief.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:45pm On Jun 28, 2022
Spy360:

How kwanu?
Him don pass our level for now
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:46pm On Jun 28, 2022
mostob:
70m for Raphina? shocked shocked

Na Pepe I blame sha
Make dem just sell Pepe jarey. I no know why dem dey waste time, even if na loan make him just go

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:45am On Jun 29, 2022
Raphina coming to the Emirates was a tall order afterall. I mean we already have Saka and Martinelli on both wings as regular starter ; having somoene like Raphina coming on to displace either of them despite the time and resources we've put in to develop those two is is a big L.

I think Edu and the rest of the management should just give us a midfielder( If Tielsman comes, good for us), sort out the LB position by deciding whether Tavarez is ready or someone else needs to take his position, let us know if players like Saliba are ready to play CB, then get us another CF if Balogun won't be playing for us this season and we close shop.

Once again, ogún kill pepe and those who orchestrated his deal. Make we dump the guy on any club that comes asking and make we move on.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:50am On Jun 29, 2022
Spy360:

Good piece. That it's coming from one of us here makes it even more delicious.

I think the kind of club set up they go on loan for matters a lot. I prefer teams like Brighton, Leeds or top Championship teams etc rather than EFL teams that are struggling like in the case of Azeez.

Sometimes, the French Ligue Un should be the preferred loan destination. Those clubs are excellent in grooming young talents with all round techniques.

A lot things go into consideration before a player is loaned out. 2 of the more important considerations are playing time and preferred position. While the EPL will be great, it is sometimes too difficult to secure loan opportunities with those 2 considerations for young players who are barely 20. EPL coaches manage their respective teams under a lot of pressure to deliver and you have to remember that these EPL teams also have their own academy players who are itching to come through their systems. So while Brighton and Leeds are great, it would be difficult, except we are planning to sell them to those teams.

The French league is a difficult transition for young English players because of the language barrier. Loan spells are usually half season or season long (9 months), young players need a league where they will settle quickly and adapt to the changes within their environment. Players on loan do not have the luxury of time to start learning French or culture while trying to learn/ develop or get playing time. Players need a system that enables them to transition immediately they arrive and that is why you don't see a lot of young English players go the French league because the turn around time is so short. The Eredivisie/ Bundesliga are better options because most people speak English there.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:58am On Jun 29, 2022
Richardlison going to spurs
Raphinha heading to Chelsea
We should bid for kulusveki his release clause is 40 or this Belgian guy lang

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:07am On Jun 29, 2022
iamoyindamola:

You see these our youngsters situation is very critical which require thinking
Arteta doesn't have the balls to integrate them into the first team like other managers like klopp, guardiola, wengay etc
I will start with balo i am afraid he will be like nketiah that was in and out, a full season loan will help him decide

Azeez; how can you have this boy and still be parading xhaka ffs atleast integrate him to the team instead of that awilo lonkonga
Honestly i am scared for arteta man management wise, full season loan too with a clause he must feature atleast 20 matches

Patino: This one need loan he ain't ready yet or he should continue u23

Omari: i haven't watch him much, he is giving me willock vibe jare

Marcel flores and Brook should continue with u23 because if we loan all who will remain
Azeez should stay in the first team he's the most mature among the youngsters he can be playing 5 minutes since they have approved 5 subs in EPL

Every season is critical to the development of talented prospects. Last season, our failure to properly integrate some of our better academy players into the first team by giving them useful minutes means there is a log jam in the talent curve. Many players have arrived the curve at the same time or have caught up with their seniors because their seniors did not develop last season, which means we have many players (especially midfielders) who are itching for first team competition, not necessarily with Arsenal.

I'd be shocked if Brook especially does not go on loan because that kid is ready to go but I don't think he will get some first team action with Arsenal this coming season. Historically, Arteta struggles with managing a large squad and he is not exactly enthused about using our academy players. Flores is already playing for the Mexican National Team, he would want to make the WC squad later this year, so I can see him itch for a loan spell.

I don't think we are signing another CF and that is why I will like to see Balogun stay back and get good minutes during domestic cup competitions and substitute appearances during early group stages of the Europa League or league games. Remember, as it stands, we only have Jesus and Nketiah as our recognized CFs, Arteta will not use Martinelli in that position.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:19am On Jun 29, 2022
mostob:
Nice analysis bro. I find it strange that Arteta is sidelining these youngsters. The same academy that gave us ESR and Saka. How old is Awilo and how old is Azeez. I'm particularly sad about Azeez's limited game time. He has the skill as well as the build. As for Norton-cuffy, he might be the next regular among the youngsters next season.

Signing Awilo/ Marquinhos for the "future" is going to stagnate some of our academy players who have similar skillsets and are at the same age as both. If we fail to integrate some of our promising academy players this coming season, or send them on loan then we would have a serious problem next season because at this point, many of them have arrived the curve at the same time. Depending on what Arteta decides, I hope it is a quick resolution on the future of Azeez this coming season. If he not going to be with the first team, then we must send him out early enough for a season long loan with a team where he would get minutes.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:06am On Jun 29, 2022
Roland17:

Signing Awilo/ Marquinhos for the "future" is going to stagnate some of our academy players who have similar skillsets and are at the same age as both. If we fail to integrate some of our promising academy players this coming season, or send them on loan then we would have a serious problem next season because at this point, many of them have arrived the curve at the same time. Depending on what Arteta decides, I hope it is a quick resolution on the future of Azeez this coming season. If he not going to be with the first team, then we must send him out early enough for a season long loan with a team where he would get minutes.
I still feel xhaka is a key factor why our youngsters who are midfielder hardly see game time

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:24am On Jun 29, 2022
Roland17:

A lot things go into consideration before a player is loaned out. 2 of the more important considerations are playing time and preferred position. While the EPL will be great, it is sometimes too difficult to secure loan opportunities with those 2 considerations for young players who are barely 20. EPL coaches manage their respective teams under a lot of pressure to deliver and you have to remember that these EPL teams also have their own academy players who are itching to come through their systems. So while Brighton and Leeds are great, it would be difficult, except we are planning to sell them to those teams.

The French league is a difficult transition for young English players because of the language barrier. Loan spells are usually half season or season long (9 months), young players need a league where they will settle quickly and adapt to the changes within their environment. Players on loan do not have the luxury of time to start learning French or culture while trying to learn/ develop or get playing time. Players need a system that enables them to transition immediately they arrive and that is why you don't see a lot of young English players go the French league because the turn around time is so short. The Eredivisie/ Bundesliga are better options because most people speak English there.
You are an expert on this area. I totally agree with you on those two points.

Would you suggest moving to lower EFL like L2? Though I feel that, with the way we rate these players, they should be able to hold their own in lower PL, Championship clubs or at least top L1 clubs.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Actman05: 9:27am On Jun 29, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Richardlison going to spurs
Raphinha heading to Chelsea
We should bid for kulusveki his release clause is 40 or this Belgian guy lang

There is no way you guys are getting Kulu from the grasps of spurs.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:32am On Jun 29, 2022
Actman05:

There is no way you guys are getting Kulu from the grasps of spurs.
Spurs left him for richardlison, nothing is stopping juve to do business with anyone
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:32am On Jun 29, 2022
iamoyindamola:

I still feel xhaka is a key factor why our youngsters who are midfielder hardly see game time
grin grin grin grin

The devil always gets the blame.

Abeg leave Xhaka, him mama like am. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:41am On Jun 29, 2022
Spy360:

grin grin grin grin

The devil always gets the blame.

Abeg leave Xhaka, him mama like am. grin grin grin
But you agree abi
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Actman05: 9:56am On Jun 29, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Spurs left him for richardlison, nothing is stopping juve to do business with anyone

No oo, Kulu is still with spurs, they are getting Richarlison to cover as a striker and Bergviwn is leaving.

Spurs will have Kulu on loan with an obligation to but him upper season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:16am On Jun 29, 2022
Actman05:

No oo, Kulu is still with spurs, they are getting Richarlison to cover as a striker and Bergviwn is leaving.

Spurs will have Kulu on loan with an obligation to but him upper season.
No he's back in Turin
They got bentacur permanent while kulusveki is on loan
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Actman05: 1:01pm On Jun 29, 2022
iamoyindamola:

No he's back in Turin
They got bentacur permanent while kulusveki is on loan
I think they want to loan him again with obligation to buy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:03pm On Jun 29, 2022
Actman05:

I think they want to loan him again with obligation to buy.
I haven't seen that but if another club want to buy outright who will juve answer??
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Actman05: 1:06pm On Jun 29, 2022
iamoyindamola:

I haven't seen that but if another club want to buy outright who will juve answer??
TBH I think spurs. Remember other clubs were also interested in Chiesa but because Juve had an agreement with Florentina they got him on loan with an obligation to pay.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
iamoyindamola:

But you agree abi
No. undecided

When given the chance, the young ones fail to impress eg LOKONGA
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
Spy360:

No. undecided

When given the chance, the young ones fail to impress eg LOKONGA
How is lonkonga part of our youngster undecided undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
iamoyindamola:

How is lonkonga part of our youngster undecided undecided
Na old man?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 5:28pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lol

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:51pm On Jun 29, 2022
Be like na inside Benin city Patino take do his own vacation. His new stature be like that of someone wey dey chop Akpu steadily...

By the way, na Liverpool sign Nunez, na London colney he dey train..

grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
ObaIgwe1:
Lol
I think 9ne of yhe reasons why there is no outgoing transfer yet is because Arteta wants to get all his targets first and he will look among the potential departees for alternative in case some deals fall through.
AMN, Bellerin,Pepe,Mari,Nelson......
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2022
mostob:
Be like na inside Benin city Patino take do his own vacation. His new stature be like that of someone wey dey chop Akpu steadily...

By the way, na Liverpool sign Nunez, na London colney he dey train..

grin grin
Your 'Nunez' is our Flores. Very nice future winger.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Actman05: 12:45pm On Jun 30, 2022
Antonio Conte confirms Tottenham plan to make Dejan Kulusevski deal permanent: “He’s on loan but we can consider Kulusevski a Tottenham player 100% in every aspect”. ⚪️ #THFC

“Not officially, but he's a Spurs player”. Tottenham have clauses into loan deal with Juve. No issues.

iamoyindamola
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2022
Actman05:
Antonio Conte confirms Tottenham plan to make Dejan Kulusevski deal permanent: “He’s on loan but we can consider Kulusevski a Tottenham player 100% in every aspect”. ⚪️ #THFC

“Not officially, but he's a Spurs player”. Tottenham have clauses into loan deal with Juve. No issues.

iamoyindamola
Okay but what i am telling you is if another club activate the clause to buy him tomorrow juve can cancel the loan and sell
But i understand it's not possible for arsenal or chelsea, spuds will sue juve grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2635) (2636) (2637) (2638) (2639) (2640) (2641) ... (3490) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.