Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2637) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2322098 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2634) (2635) (2636) (2637) (2638) (2639) (2640) ... (3491) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:51pm On Jun 27, 2022
Another vibemaster? grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:06pm On Jun 27, 2022
mostob:
No...I just guessed there is something in between CM and AM that you want to use to qualify Partey that's why I asked you. I quite agreed. Partey is playing as a DLP and a DM which is why we usually struggle anytime he is out as nobody can properly replace him
You are right here. Because it's Partey we think he is playing DM, but the real reason Arteta uses him for is as a DLP. His defensive duties are just a huge plus. Same goes to Elneny when he replaced Partey after his injury.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 12:25am On Jun 28, 2022
mostob:
Heard arsenal will make a big announcement within the coming 2 days. Tielemans or Raphina or Martinez

That might just be the official announcement of G. Jesus.

Right now I am no longer anxious about who is next. Let them come when they are ready to come.... Just that I wish we get all our players for the next season together early so they can train and play together, and be ready for the new season, to avoid the miserable start we had last season.

5 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:16am On Jun 28, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

That might just be the official announcement of G. Jesus.

Right now I am no longer anxious about who is next. Let them come when they are ready to come.... Just that I wish we get all our players for the next season together early so they can train and play together, and be ready for the new season, to avoid the miserable start we had last season.
I think that's the plan, after Jesus is Martinez and raphinha then the rest of the transfer will drag unless players go out especially Pepe, bellerin,xhaka,AMN, Nelson
Without these guys going I doubt we will buy more

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 5:50am On Jun 28, 2022
iamoyindamola:

I think that's the plan, after Jesus is Martinez and raphinha then the rest of the transfer will drag unless players go out especially Pepe, bellerin,xhaka,AMN, Nelson
Without these guys going I doubt we will buy more

You want to sell stakeholder Xhaka lol for where?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:15am On Jun 28, 2022
johnjunior39:

You want to sell stakeholder Xhaka lol for where?
Then I fear no midfielder will come in again
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:02am On Jun 28, 2022
Lets talk about some of our Hale-end players and what next season looks like for them..You are going to notice the bulk of our brightest prospects are all midfielders, that is the direction the club is going...

M. Azeez
Azeez had a bad loan spell spell wit Portsmouth as he struggled to establish himself in the first team. He had some decent games but there is still some confusion on his best position and the academy is partly to blame for this in my opinion. He has moved higher up the pitch where he is more involved with the ball and controlling pace, other times we have seen him playing from deep which is not really his biggest strength. I would like to see more consistency in his position going forward. Versatility is good but for young players, it can be confusing and if not properly managed may stunt their development. He needs another loan in a team that will guarantee him first team action in a preferred position. He has put a lot of work in improving his physicality and strength, it is time to work on his close control because he tends to lose balls in vital areas of the pitch.

C. Patino
I have been talking about Patino for 2 seasons now. Charlie is right behind Azeez in the overall development, however, he is a more technical and skilled player than any other player in the academy at this time. Patino desperately needs minutes to continue with his development. He has put in a lot of work in his strength and physicality as proven by recent pictures. He is one player we are more specific in his development when compared to Azeez who we have moved around the midfield. Charlie is very comfortable playing from deep and is the master of building plays from deep. He is quite comfortable with the ball and can make long passes to evade the press. He is also not shy of playing higher up the pitch because his technique and movement without the ball is great. I'd like to see him get more minutes during cup competitions and the group stages of the Europa League. I doubt he will go on loan..

Flo Balogun
Balogun has approached a critical curve in his development where he is too good for the U-23 but not mentally ready for the first team. Last season he had a decent loan spell with Middleborough where he made18 appearances( 9 starts and 9 sub appearances) contributing 3 goals and 3 assists. He desperately needs a chance to compete for first team action and with Arsenal in several competitions this coming season with just Gab/ Nketiah jostling for the main CF, I think Balogun may have a shot at gaining the needed first team experience that will help him improve his mentality and gain some needed confidence. I'd like to see him start early cup game rounds. It feels like he is in a haste to match the expectations, he just needs to be patient and play within himself. He is another one I believe will stay with the senior team, especially now that that the EPL will allow 5 substitutes/ game.

Omar Hutchinson
This kid is a baller is all that you need to know. He is quite confident in himself and is not afraid of taking on opponents immediately he gets the ball in dangerous areas. He has a high mentality which is why he is already playing for the Jamaican National Team at 18. Players with Omari's skillset need to stay confident because the strength of their game and motivation comes from them being able to express themselves on the pitch. He is due a loan stint but I don't know if the rough EFL is best suited for his style. He is going to need a coach/ team that can help him continue to gain confidence and also discipline without the ball, especially while defending. Omari on the right can develop into a corner piece for us in the near future if plans go accordingly. I'd like to see him go on loan to an European team, maybe the Bundesliga or Eredivisie, worsestill, another season with the U-23 if nothing is secured.

Marcelo Flores
Quick feet, fast thinker on the ball, agility, strength and good technique with the ball. He can play across the midfield, nothing deep though. He loves to be involved in the attack and has got excellent movement with and without the ball. He also has a high mentality and is already playing games for the Mexican National Team at 18. He is quite similar to Omar, only difference is that he is more versatile and can use both feet unlike Omar who is primarily left footed. He is another one who is arriving the curve of his growth at a very fast pace, especially when he consider he already playing minutes for the Mexican National Team. He needs to be patient and go through his development. I personally think he has outgrown the U-23 but not mature enough for the first team setting at Arsenal. A loan move will do him a lot of good.

Brook Norton Cuffy
Strong, physical, quick and fearless RB who is developing very fast...I love his kid... Very rarely do you see strong and quick used in the same sentence when speaking of defenders but that is Brook. I expect to see him during the preseason and then a decision will be made about him. Long term, maybe next season, if his development continues, I expect him to become the backup RB for the first team. I'd like to see him go on another loan, continue to build his confidence and next season return to fight for that RB position or be the backup after Cedric is gone. Also, a loan spell at the EFL will be perfect for his game.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:21am On Jun 28, 2022
Roland17:
Lets talk about some of our Hale-end players and what next season looks like for them..You are going to notice the bulk of our brightest prospects are all midfielders, that is the direction the club is going...

M. Azeez
Azeez had a bad loan spell spell wit Portsmouth as he struggled to establish himself in the first team. He had some decent games but there is still some confusion on his best position and the academy is partly to blame for this in my opinion. He has moved higher up the pitch where he is more involved with the ball and controlling pace, other times we have seen him playing from deep which is not really his biggest strength. I would like to see more consistency in his position going forward. Versatility is good but for young players, it can be confusing and if not properly managed may stunt their development. He needs another loan in a team that will guarantee him first team action in a preferred position. He has put a lot of work in improving his physicality and strength, it is time to work on his close control because he tends to lose balls in vital areas of the pitch.

C. Patino
I have been talking about Patino for 2 seasons now. Charlie is right behind Azeez in the overall development, however, he is a more technical and skilled player than any other player in the academy at this time. Patino desperately needs minutes to continue with his development. He has put in a lot of work in his strength and physicality as proven by recent pictures. He is one player we are more specific in his development when compared to Azeez who we have moved around the midfield. Charlie is very comfortable playing from deep and is the master of building plays from deep. He is quite comfortable with the ball and can make long passes to evade the press. He is also not shy of playing higher up the pitch because his technique and movement without the ball is great. I'd like to see him get more minutes during cup competitions and the group stages of the Europa League. I doubt he will go on loan..

Flo Balogun
Balogun has approached a critical curve in his development where he is too good for the U-23 but not mentally ready for the first team. Last season he had a decent loan spell with Middleborough where he made18 appearances( 9 starts and 9 sub appearances) contributing 3 goals and 3 assists. He desperately needs a chance to compete for first team action and with Arsenal in several competitions this coming season with just Gab/ Nketiah jostling for the main CF, I think Balogun may have a shot at gaining the needed first team experience that will help him improve his mentality and gain some needed confidence. I'd like to see him start early cup game rounds. It feels like he is in a haste to match the expectations, he just needs to be patient and play within himself. He is another one I believe will stay with the senior team, especially now that that the EPL will allow 5 substitutes/ game.

Omar Hutchinson
This kid is a baller is all that you need to know. He is quite confident in himself and is not afraid of taking on opponents immediately he gets the ball in dangerous areas. He has a high mentality which is why he is already playing for the Jamaican National Team at 18. Players with Omari's skillset need to stay confident because the strength of their game and motivation comes from them being able to express themselves on the pitch. He is due a loan stint but I don't know if the rough EFL is best suited for his style. He is going to need a coach/ team that can help him continue to gain confidence and also discipline without the ball, especially while defending. Omari on the right can develop into a corner piece for us in the near future if plans go accordingly. I'd like to see him go on loan to an European team, maybe the Bundesliga or Eredivisie, worsestill, another season with the U-23 if nothing is secured.

Marcelo Flores
Quick feet, fast thinker on the ball, agility, strength and good technique with the ball. He can play across the midfield, nothing deep though. He loves to be involved in the attack and has got excellent movement with and without the ball. He also has a high mentality and is already playing games for the Mexican National Team at 18. He is quite similar to Omar, only difference is that he is more versatile and can use both feet unlike Omar who is primarily left footed. He is another one who is arriving the curve of his growth at a very fast pace, especially when he consider he already playing minutes for the Mexican National Team. He needs to be patient and go through his development. I personally think he has outgrown the U-23 but not mature enough for the first team setting at Arsenal. A loan move will do him a lot of good.

Brook Norton Cuffy
Strong, physical, quick and fearless RB who is developing very fast...I love his kid... Very rarely do you see strong and quick used in the same sentence when speaking of defenders but that is Brook. I expect to see him during the preseason and then a decision will be made about him. Long term, maybe next season, if his development continues, I expect him to become the backup RB for the first team. I'd like to see him go on another loan, continue to build his confidence and next season return to fight for that RB position or be the backup after Cedric is gone. Also, a loan spell at the EFL will be perfect for his game.
You see these our youngsters situation is very critical which require thinking
Arteta doesn't have the balls to integrate them into the first team like other managers like klopp, guardiola, wengay etc
I will start with balo i am afraid he will be like nketiah that was in and out, a full season loan will help him decide

Azeez; how can you have this boy and still be parading xhaka ffs atleast integrate him to the team instead of that awilo lonkonga
Honestly i am scared for arteta man management wise, full season loan too with a clause he must feature atleast 20 matches

Patino: This one need loan he ain't ready yet or he should continue u23

Omari: i haven't watch him much, he is giving me willock vibe jare

Marcel flores and Brook should continue with u23 because if we loan all who will remain
Azeez should stay in the first team he's the most mature among the youngsters he can be playing 5 minutes since they have approved 5 subs in EPL
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 10:44am On Jun 28, 2022
Roland17:

M. Azeez

C. Patino

Flo Balogun

Omar Hutchinson

Marcelo Flores

Brook Norton Cuffy
Brook is a very good player, I followed his performances on loan last season. Arsenal shouldn't have problem finding a decent championship club to loan him to.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 10:50am On Jun 28, 2022
He's here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:32am On Jun 28, 2022
Eawwal:
He's here.
Omo ologo better than that elephant
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:53am On Jun 28, 2022
The way Edu Gasper just dey shine this transfer window ehn.... cool

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2022
Roland17:

M. Azeez

C. Patino

Flo Balogun

Omar Hutchinson

Marcelo Flores

Brook Norton Cuffy
Good piece. That it's coming from one of us here makes it even more delicious.

I think the kind of club set up they go on loan for matters a lot. I prefer teams like Brighton, Leeds or top Championship teams etc rather than EFL teams that are struggling like in the case of Azeez.

Sometimes, the French Ligue Un should be the preferred loan destination. Those clubs are excellent in grooming young talents with all round techniques.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
Roland17:

M. Azeez

C. Patino

Flo Balogun

Omar Hutchinson

Marcelo Flores

Brook Norton Cuffy
Nice analysis bro. I find it strange that Arteta is sidelining these youngsters. The same academy that gave us ESR and Saka. How old is Awilo and how old is Azeez. I'm particularly sad about Azeez's limited game time. He has the skill as well as the build. As for Norton-cuffy, he might be the next regular among the youngsters next season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:57pm On Jun 28, 2022
BlueRayDick:
The way Edu Gasper just dey shine this transfer window ehn.... cool

The man of the moment grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:19pm On Jun 28, 2022
mostob:
Nice analysis bro. I find it strange that Arteta is sidelining these youngsters. The same academy that gave us ESR and Saka. How old is Awilo and how old is Azeez. I'm particularly sad about Azeez's limited game time. He has the skill as well as the build. As for Norton-cuffy, he might be the next regular among the youngsters next season.
This same hale end youngsters that save arteta from getting sacked that year
I am always angry when that awilo boy play and azeez is no where to be found

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:43pm On Jun 28, 2022
iamoyindamola:

This same hale end youngsters that save arteta from getting sacked that year
I am always angry when that awilo boy play and azeez is no where to be found
same here too bro...how old was Guen when he entered our first 11? Bellerin was a regular at 18...Saka too. Arteta needs to do better abeg
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:11pm On Jun 28, 2022
All or nothing trailer is out
August 4 is the date
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2022
mostob:
same here too bro...how old was Guen when he entered our first 11? Bellerin was a regular at 18...Saka too. Arteta needs to do better abeg
We don't have to rush things. Some youth may have better talents than their seniors but need to mature first. Remember Lacazette Vs Nketiah.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:39pm On Jun 28, 2022
Chelsea hijacks deal for Raphinha with mouthwatering bid. Lol.

I hope it bites them in future. Lunatics. angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:50pm On Jun 28, 2022
Spy360:

Lol, why you dey beef dem.

The same way dem hijack Raphinha deal from us no be same way we wan hijack Lisandro Martinez deal from man u?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, why you dey beef dem.

The same way dem hijack Raphinha deal from us no be same way we wan hijack Lisandro Martinez deal from man u?
We haven't hijacked anything.

The best thing now is to go for Gnabry who can cover both RW, LW and CF if need be. He will be even be cheaper.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:00pm On Jun 28, 2022
Spy360:

The best thing now is to go for Gnabry who can cover both RW, LW and CF if need be. He will be even be cheaper.
We wan... Meaning that we want to hijack the deal.
I read this evening that we placed an improved offer for him for €40m and Ajax are considering the bid.

As for gnabry, I see it as a tall order
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:04pm On Jun 28, 2022
Spy360:

The eàrlier you know the players we got is because we are the only one after them and they chose us the better cheesy grin
You actually think we can compete with even man u for players

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Actman05: 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2022
Spy360:

You don't need this
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 9:07pm On Jun 28, 2022
Spy360:

Initially I was excited with the prospect of getting Raphinha, but gradually I began to lose interest in him when I found out he is not keen about coming to Arsenal, then I read somewhere that the guy na one bad undisciplined boy with big ego and I began to think he might be a bad influence on other players and might soon have clashes with Arteta (knowing Arteta himself get ego). I have also read some articles on why we dont need Raphinha.

Left to me, I will say we forget about him focus on getting Martinez or Zinchenko and close shop.

But If we can, then we can get Gnabry and Tilemans for squad depth.

I really want us to fully check out this Marquinhos of a guy and give him some quality time.... the guy might just be a good joker/surprise, the way Wolves felt bad and threatened law court after we hijacked him gives me an impression that there might be something special about him...

We are still on course.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Izurejoice: 9:09pm On Jun 28, 2022
Spy360:

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2022
iamoyindamola:

The eàrlier you know the players we got is because we are the only one after them and they chose us the better cheesy grin
You actually think we can compete with even man u for players

Not totally true... Nketiah rejected 3 other clubs to sign for us. Five other clubs we were told wanted Jesus but he chose us.

But I will agree with you if your claim is that not many big clubs and UCL bound clubs are after our targets.

We don't need players that don't want us. What we need are raw talents with great potentials and not established players that are being chased by many top clubs.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:18pm On Jun 28, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

Not totally true... Nketiah rejected 3 other clubs to sign for us. Five other clubs we were told wanted Jesus but he chose us.

But I will agree with you if your claim is that not many big clubs and UCL bound clubs are after our targets.

We don't need players that don't want us. What we need are raw talents with great potentials and not established players that are being chased by many top clubs.
That's why I said they chose us
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

Initially I was excited with the prospect of getting Raphinha, but gradually I began to lose interest in him when I found out he is not keen about coming to Arsenal, then I read somewhere that the guy na one bad undisciplined boy with big ego and I began to think he might be a bad influence on other players and might soon have clashes with Arteta (knowing Arteta himself get ego). I have also read some articles on why we dont need Raphinha.

Left to me, I will say we forget about him focus on getting Martinez or Zinchenko and close shop.

But If we can, then we can get Gnabry and Tilemans for squad depth.

I really want us to fully check out this Marquinhos of a guy and give him some quality time.... the guy might just be a good joker/surprise, the way Wolves felt bad and threatened law court after we hijacked him gives me an impression that there might be something special about him...

We are still on course.
Yeah!

I also wasn't too comfortable having too many Brazilians in the team after we sealed Jesus even though I rated Raphinha highly. At least we don't have to worry about that anymore. We can invest that money on Gnabry or Osimhen. Also we need to finalise Martinez and Tielemans fast if we are sure we need them.

We have too many disgruntled players like Bellerin, Torriera and AMN who would not give us their bests. Take these away and our squad becomes too thin to achieve meaningful things next season.

We need to make those signings and quickly do away with those dissatisfied players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
Jodera:
We wan... Meaning that we want to hijack the deal.
I read this evening that we placed an improved offer for him for €40m and Ajax are considering the bid.

As for gnabry, I see it as a tall order
How kwanu?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
Actman05:

You don't need this
Ok. Apologies

(1) (2) (3) ... (2634) (2635) (2636) (2637) (2638) (2639) (2640) ... (3491) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Ibunkun1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.