Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2324348 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2637) (2638) (2639) (2640) (2641) (2642) (2643) ... (3495) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:57am On Jul 02, 2022
Roland17:

That looks like Zack Awe, one of our young Hale End defenders.
alright
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:10am On Jul 02, 2022
When will these assholes unveil Jesus
Na wetin they vex me be this, spuds met us on Jesus deal and still finish richardlison ahead of us
Instead of us to move onto the next deal, awon werey
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 11:34am On Jul 02, 2022
iamoyindamola:
When will these assholes unveil Jesus
Na wetin they vex me be this, spuds met us on Jesus deal and still finish richardlison ahead of us
Instead of us to move onto the next deal, awon werey

I think they were waiting for his work permit... But it shouldn't have taken this long ordinarily.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

I think they were waiting for his work permit... But it shouldn't have taken this long ordinarily.
Work permit ke
Jesus ain't a newbie in England na
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Work permit ke
Jesus ain't a newbie in England na

I know right.

Even though I know work permits do expire and demand renewal, what I don't know is the length of expiration and if one has to automatically renew it if there is a change of employer... But I read somewhere that they are working on G. Jesus' work permit.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2022
I read Arsenal has withdrawn their offer for Martinex.

it was a battle not meant to be won as soon as Man U showed interest.

Ajax decided not to respond to our last offer waiting for Man-U's improved offer out of loyalty to their former coach Ten Hag and their CEO Van Der Sar an ex Man U.

Let's move to another one!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:48pm On Jul 02, 2022
ObaIgwe1:
I read Arsenal has withdrawn their offer for Martinex.

it was a battle not meant to be won as soon as Man U showed interest.

Ajax decided not to respond to our last offer waiting for Man-U's improved offer out of loyalty to their former coach Ten Hag and their CEO Van Der Sar an ex Man U.

Let's move to another one!
Ellexy don finish me be that embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ellexy: 2:07pm On Jul 02, 2022
Jodera:
Ellexy don finish me be that embarassed embarassed embarassed
Nah I'm not a violent fellow, I'll just show you receipts das all wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
Ellexy:
Nah I'm not a violent fellow, I'll just show you receipts das all wink
grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 4:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
Ipswich Town faced Arsenal in a behind-closed-doors pre-season friendly this afternoon.

Ended 5 - 1, With Nketian scoring an hat-trick

The match took place at the Gunners' training ground, London Colney, with Mikel Arteta's men running out 5-1 winners in Hertfordshire.

Both sides played first-half XIs and second-half XIs.

Arsenal got off to a strong start and took the lead through Eddie Nketiah in the early stages. The Blues lost possession inside their own half, with the Gunners capitalising as Nketiah finished well.

Kieran McKenna's side had the next chance, but Pablo Mari got back in time to deny Freddie Ladapo following Conor Chaplin's lofted through ball.

Christian Walton produced a good double save in the 20th minute as he stopped Nketiah's header before improvising to clear the danger with his left leg as the striker looked to notch his and Arsenal's second on the rebound.

The Gunners' extended their lead midway through the first half as Sambi Lokonga fired in, before Nicholas Pepe almost found the back of the net with a curling effort.

Nketiah notched a quick double to complete his hat-trick, with his third coming ten minutes before the break.

Sam Morsy tested Leno just before the half-time whistle; the German 'keeper getting low to his right to stop the midfielder's drive from just outside the area.

Lee Evans forced Arthur Okonkwo, Arsenal's second-half goalkeeper, into a save just minutes into the second 45 as his curling strike from the corner of the area was tipped over the corner of the crossbar.

Greg Leigh got up well from the resulting corner, but his header dropped inches wide.

Kyle Edwards then went close after beating two Arsenal players; his improvised effort curling a yard wide of Okonkwo's right post.

Folarin Balogun added a fifth for Arsenal after his first strike had come back off the foot of the woodwork, with Sone Aluko then drilling into the bottom corner from the edge of the box for Town.

Wes Burns, Edwards and Joe Pigott continued to threaten for McKenna's men, but the score remained the same in the Blues' second pre-season outing.

Albie Armin got minutes for Town in both the first and second half.

TEAMS

Arsenal first half: Leno, Bellerin, White, Mari, Cedric, Partey, Maitland-Niles, Lokonga, Pepe, Nketiah, Nelson.

Arsenal second half: Okonkwo, Walters, Kirk, Awe, Sousa, Smith, Oulad-M'Hand, Patino, Hutchinson, Balogun, Flores.

Town first half: Walton, Donacien, Ball, Ndaba, Vincent-Young, Harper, Morsy, Penney, Chaplin, Hughes (Armin), Ladapo.

Town second half: Hladky, Woolfenden, Burgess, Leigh, Burns, El Mizouni, Evans, Humphreys (Armin), Edwards, Aluko, Pigott.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/arsenal-vs-ipswich-town-pre-season-friendly/?fbclid=IwAR0OLY2UXRfyJQZELpRXZWC128_guhbJCqHv9Ew3GauAF0IHSyy-yGANvUM

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:25pm On Jul 02, 2022
Sadly...Miguel Azeez might be getting sold after all.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:01pm On Jul 02, 2022
ObaIgwe1:
Ipswich Town faced Arsenal in a behind-closed-doors pre-season friendly this afternoon.

Ended 5 - 1, With Nketian scoring an hat-trick

The match took place at the Gunners' training ground, London Colney, with Mikel Arteta's men running out 5-1 winners in Hertfordshire.

Both sides played first-half XIs and second-half XIs.

Arsenal got off to a strong start and took the lead through Eddie Nketiah in the early stages. The Blues lost possession inside their own half, with the Gunners capitalising as Nketiah finished well.

Kieran McKenna's side had the next chance, but Pablo Mari got back in time to deny Freddie Ladapo following Conor Chaplin's lofted through ball.

Christian Walton produced a good double save in the 20th minute as he stopped Nketiah's header before improvising to clear the danger with his left leg as the striker looked to notch his and Arsenal's second on the rebound.

The Gunners' extended their lead midway through the first half as Sambi Lokonga fired in, before Nicholas Pepe almost found the back of the net with a curling effort.

Nketiah notched a quick double to complete his hat-trick, with his third coming ten minutes before the break.

Sam Morsy tested Leno just before the half-time whistle; the German 'keeper getting low to his right to stop the midfielder's drive from just outside the area.

Lee Evans forced Arthur Okonkwo, Arsenal's second-half goalkeeper, into a save just minutes into the second 45 as his curling strike from the corner of the area was tipped over the corner of the crossbar.

Greg Leigh got up well from the resulting corner, but his header dropped inches wide.

Kyle Edwards then went close after beating two Arsenal players; his improvised effort curling a yard wide of Okonkwo's right post.

Folarin Balogun added a fifth for Arsenal after his first strike had come back off the foot of the woodwork, with Sone Aluko then drilling into the bottom corner from the edge of the box for Town.

Wes Burns, Edwards and Joe Pigott continued to threaten for McKenna's men, but the score remained the same in the Blues' second pre-season outing.

Albie Armin got minutes for Town in both the first and second half.

TEAMS

Arsenal first half: Leno, Bellerin, White, Mari, Cedric, Partey, Maitland-Niles, Lokonga, Pepe, Nketiah, Nelson.

Arsenal second half: Okonkwo, Walters, Kirk, Awe, Sousa, Smith, Oulad-M'Hand, Patino, Hutchinson, Balogun, Flores.

Town first half: Walton, Donacien, Ball, Ndaba, Vincent-Young, Harper, Morsy, Penney, Chaplin, Hughes (Armin), Ladapo.

Town second half: Hladky, Woolfenden, Burgess, Leigh, Burns, El Mizouni, Evans, Humphreys (Armin), Edwards, Aluko, Pigott.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2022/july/arsenal-vs-ipswich-town-pre-season-friendly/?fbclid=IwAR0OLY2UXRfyJQZELpRXZWC128_guhbJCqHv9Ew3GauAF0IHSyy-yGANvUM

Nice one.

So Nketiah scored first half hat trick? Hopefully signs of good things to come

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Excallibur(m): 3:43am On Jul 03, 2022
Lol an American entered into the Arsenal subreddit to make enquiries about a gun grin
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/vofevi/what_kind_of_gun_is_this_someone_said_its_a/

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:45am On Jul 03, 2022
Jodera:
Nice one.

So Nketiah scored first half hat trick? Hopefully signs of good things to come
Forget the hattrick man.... Go watch the highlight. Partey Sabi pass abeg...I know it is friendly but the way he did it casually is just too impressive.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2022
They are just taking their time.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2022
Whatever Arteta will smoke henceforth, it shouldn't stop him from giving ESR reasonable minutes this season. Of all our wingers and midfielders, he is the only one that knows how to get the goals. Sometimes, I wonder if we can just convert him to a striker.

I won't mind having Nelson and Bellerin for the season provided no winger or FB is signed.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2022
There is a reason I like visiting arseblog.... This humours there ehn..... grin grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2022
mostob:
Forget the hattrick man.... Go watch the highlight. Partey Sabi pass abeg...I know it is friendly but the way he did it casually is just too impressive.
Lol, I will try and watch the highlights today. Ordinarily I no too dey put eye for all these preseason laidat, but with your recommendation, I go watch am.

As for Partey, all those him passes no dey surprise me again. Na the reason why I been dey pray make him no go injury last season (esp 2nd half of the season)cos everything about am too dey valuable.

I go need intensify my prayers and add fasting this time for am. grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:40pm On Jul 03, 2022
ObaIgwe1:
They are just taking their time.

Lol, was anybody fearing before? grin
Something wey I even hear say dem don even dey sell him jersey for England there sef grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2022
mostob:
Whatever Arteta will smoke henceforth, it shouldn't stop him from giving ESR reasonable minutes this season. Of all our wingers and midfielders, he is the only one that knows how to get the goals. Sometimes, I wonder if we can just convert him to a striker.

I won't mind having Nelson and Bellerin for the season provided no winger or FB is signed.
With 5 subs rule, I believe he'll see more minutes. That guy just reminds me of Ramsey during his prime 2013/14 season. Well now that he's gradually transitioning to a winger, I hope more goals flow in too grin

As for bellerin and Nelson, if any club come, we should sell them esp bellerin. Don't we have any RB that is in u-23 academy that's good? This is the right time to start transitioning him.

How good was Nelson on his loan?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:40pm On Jul 03, 2022
Jodera:
With 5 subs rule, I believe he'll see more minutes. That guy just reminds me of Ramsey during his prime 2013/14 season. Well now that he's gradually transitioning to a winger, I hope more goals flow in too grin

As for bellerin and Nelson, if any club come, we should sell them esp bellerin. Don't we have any RB that is in u-23 academy that's good? This is the right time to start transitioning him.

How good was Nelson on his loan?
Nelson was just a bit decent during his loan but if we're not getting any backup for Saka, he should stay. Half is better than bought.
Haven't you heard of Brooke Norton-cuffy? That is the latest revelation in town. He would have played part in the friendly yesterday but he is on break. England won U19 euros days ago.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:41pm On Jul 03, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, I will try and watch the highlights today. Ordinarily I no too dey put eye for all these preseason laidat, but with your recommendation, I go watch am.

As for Partey, all those him passes no dey surprise me again. Na the reason why I been dey pray make him no go injury last season (esp 2nd half of the season)cos everything about am too dey valuable.

I go need intensify my prayers and add fasting this time for am. grin
same here too...I just pray he stay fit all through

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:01pm On Jul 03, 2022
mostob:
Nelson was just a bit decent during his loan but if we're not getting any backup for Saka, he should stay. Half is better than bought.
Haven't you heard of Brooke Norton-cuffy? That is the latest revelation in town. He would have played part in the friendly yesterday but he is on break. England won U19 euros days ago.
True sha. Anybody aside Pepe for now till the person worst pass Pepe. Tbh I can't wait for Pepe to just leave arsenal make we see road small. If Nelson can deputy Saka then cool.

Norton cuffy, only heard of him once and that's when Ro.land17 was highlighting our youngsters. I read he's really good and if so, make them dey integrate them small small even if na Carling. The person wey I wan see for group stage Europa na dat Omari boy. I Heard his good.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 3:00am On Jul 04, 2022
Jodera:
True sha. Anybody aside Pepe for now till the person worst pass Pepe. Tbh I can't wait for Pepe to just leave arsenal make we see road small. If Nelson can deputy Saka then cool.

Norton cuffy, only heard of him once and that's when Ro.land17 was highlighting our youngsters. I read he's really good and if so, make them dey integrate them small small even if na Carling. The person wey I wan see for group stage Europa na dat Omari boy. I Heard his good.
We have a lot of youngsters that need introduction into first team action. Let them form the third core of our team. Most of them featured in the friendly win over Ipswich
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:50am On Jul 04, 2022
Jodera:

we have a lot of them that are good. Matt Smith, Omari,Patino, Brooke. Azeez is good too but sadly, he is likely leaving.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:51am On Jul 04, 2022
Ramsdale
Leno
Turner
Runnarson
Hein
Arthur

Safe hands grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:13am On Jul 04, 2022
Spy360:

We have a lot of youngsters that need introduction into first team action. Let them form the third core of our team. Most of them featured in the friendly win over Ipswich
Exactly... They need to form the 3rd core in this team for easy transition into the first team. Saka and Smith Rowe have saved us millions especially Saka being a nailed on starter
Lemme see how Arteta will integrate some of this boys in Europa group stage next season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:17am On Jul 04, 2022
mostob:
we have a lot of them that are good. Matt Smith, Omari,Patino, Brooke. Azeez is good too but sadly, he is likely leaving.
I swear, I heard a lot of good things about azeez and was hoping to see him in action here one day. Sad it didn't work out.

Na Omari and Patino I dey wait for now, with small eyes on Brook Norton

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:00am On Jul 04, 2022
Jesus is here cool

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 9:03am On Jul 04, 2022
BlueRayDick:
Jesus is here cool
Has he been unveiled?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:05am On Jul 04, 2022
Shegzdave:

Has he been unveiled?

Yes, about 30 mins ago
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 9:08am On Jul 04, 2022
Somebody shout Hallelujah cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (2637) (2638) (2639) (2640) (2641) (2642) (2643) ... (3495) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Oasis007(m), daveP(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.