Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2800) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2332091 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2797) (2798) (2799) (2800) (2801) (2802) (2803) ... (3519) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2022
Jodera:
I believe he'll fare there well. He played Lcb in some games at Marseille

It's a back 4 tho it seems he's playing LCB all the same
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:04pm On Oct 13, 2022
I just hope Odegaard never collect like this
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 6:09pm On Oct 13, 2022
Jodera:
Europa League group stage is also another avenue for big match exposure to boost their confidence/performance. How do you think Someone like Saka, Smith Rowe and Martinelli et al gained their confidence with time?

We've got 1 or 2 talented players in the academy, this is the best platform to build them without much attention.

I think Arteta is giving this particular Europa some priority. And i think it's a good idea to win it, even though I pray we wont be playing it again.

That said, Arteta is just not taking chances yet. When our qualification from the group stages is secured, then we can use smaller and academy players to complete the remaining formality matches.

For now, let's get the group stage qualification in the bag as quick as possible.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:11pm On Oct 13, 2022
Nelson os still shiiit ( until proven otherwise).

Saka makes is 1-0
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:37pm On Oct 13, 2022
Good half
Nothing special, turner ball delivery as improve
We better cash out on Nelson boy is useless as ever
Lonkonga always make easy task difficult, viera is MIA
Unless arteta will start Tomi as RB in weekend if not I don't understand why white is still playing
Couple of changes in the second half but please don't put partey

Boy their stadium small kilode
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 6:43pm On Oct 13, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Good half
Nothing special, turner ball delivery as improve
We better cash out on Nelson boy is useless as ever
Lonkonga always make easy task difficult, viera is MIA
Unless arteta will start Tomi as RB in weekend if not I don't understand why white is still playing
Couple of changes in the second half but please don't put partey

Boy their stadium small kilode
You’re right, nothing special about the first half.
Don’t you feel since White is playing the RB well, he should continue playing till when he drops form?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:44pm On Oct 13, 2022
Shegzdave:

You’re right, nothing special about the first half.
Don’t you feel since White is playing the RB well, he should continue playing till when he drops form?
Fatigue bro
White have been playing like a horse
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:00pm On Oct 13, 2022
I have been saying this for a while now!

We better give Saka what he is asking for because this kid will continue with this form and by the end of the season, if we have not resolved his contract, his demands may become higher and then it will become even more complicated.

I hate when players join their national teams with lingering contract issues. The WC is around the corner and I know Klopp and Pep, especially the former have made their intentions known about Saka.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:30pm On Oct 13, 2022
Is Arteta mad? Anybody who understands his mindset should explain to us why Partey, Xhaka and Martinelli are on the field right now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Oasis007(m): 7:41pm On Oct 13, 2022
grin

Page 2800

.... dedicated to Arsenal Players in my FPL!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:43pm On Oct 13, 2022
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 7:47pm On Oct 13, 2022
BlueRayDick:
Is Arteta mad? Anybody who understands his mindset should explain to us why Partey, Xhaka and Martinelli are on the field right now.

Trying to secure the win I think... with one more win, we can play ludo with the remaining 2 group matches.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2022
Lol. Funny but result gotten. Nelson confidence don dive o. I saw some lack of urgency between White and Tierney when these guys were having those nervy chances. We meuve.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:52pm On Oct 13, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

Trying to secure the win I think... with one more win, we can play ludo with the remaining 2 group matches.

It's a gamble that could've ended in tears for us if Partey took a knock
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Divepen1(m): 8:37pm On Oct 13, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Bodo beat Roma 6-1 in this same competition. Not same year.

As much as you need to rest players, the match against Leeds is not as nervy as the top ones we just scaled through. He's giving them play time in the Europa.

Moreover, we need to be top of the group to avoid playoffs. Nothing must be put to chance this season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:00pm On Oct 13, 2022
Fkforyou:
Where is Fkhalifa?
Here I am wink
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:11pm On Oct 13, 2022
Divepen1:

Bodo beat Roma 6-1 in this same competition. Not same year.

As much as you need to rest players, the match against Leeds is not as nervy as the top ones we just scaled through. He's giving them play time in the Europa.

Moreover, we need to be top of the group to avoid playoffs. Nothing must be put to chance this season.
That was conference league
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkforyou(m): 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2022
Fkhalifa:

Here I am wink

How far?

How will you rate the Mentality of these current Arsenal team? Mind you not all of them are physical and aggressive.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 9:34pm On Oct 13, 2022
Fkhalifa:

Here I am wink

Whizboy!!!! I asked after just recently. How your side?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:49pm On Oct 13, 2022
Jodera:
Dem need ban this 3rd place UCL demotion abeg.

Wetin Barca wan dey do for Europa back to back with current world best in their ranks and all the whole money spent?
I agree. Let each competition be independent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 14, 2022
BlueRayDick:

The fact that we even scored Loserpool within 2 minutes of kickoff showed how far we've come.

I like the current conditioning and mentality of the players now; they don't wait for u to take take the game to them, they bring it to Ur doorstep pronto. I'm glad evwryting Arteta and Edu planned is now coming to fruition after shedding some baggages like Pepe, Laca etc along the way.
First goal was less than 1 minute sef,
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 14, 2022
Fkhalifa:

Here I am wink
Go back to Liverpool
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:25am On Oct 14, 2022
Mikel Arteta on Matt Turner’s improvement with distribution:

“He’s improving, he’s getting better, we are demanding things that are different to what other managers have demanded him to do. He was much better in the first half than the second half.”

Arteta: “We can have more control, he was phenomenal in goal, the way he reads the situation, especially the defending the back of the central defenders, when he needs to control the space there, the way he set himself in the one on one situation he had, was really good”

[Arsenal]

Kudos to the coaching team I noticed improvement in turner
He was calm and commanding
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:01am On Oct 14, 2022
Jodera did you watch sambi yesterday
Arteta had to risk partey and take him off because with him we were likely to concede late goal
What other opportunity so you want arteta to give him of playing time, he was involved in handball situation that can be given by another ref

Look at viera he was absent most part of the match but he didn't put a wrong foot
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:03am On Oct 14, 2022
ObaIgwe1:

I think Arteta is giving this particular Europa some priority. And i think it's a good idea to win it, even though I pray we wont be playing it again.

That said, Arteta is just not taking chances yet. When our qualification from the group stages is secured, then we can use smaller and academy players to complete the remaining formality matches.

For now, let's get the group stage qualification in the bag as quick as possible.
Well, fair points.
I just hope we don't have any injury to key players
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:14am On Oct 14, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Jod.era did you watch sambi yesterday
Arteta had to risk partey and take him off because with him we were likely to concede late goal
What other opportunity so you want arteta to give him of playing time, he was involved in handball situation that can be given by another ref

Look at viera he was absent most part of the match but he didn't put a wrong foot
Lol, you don't understand what I was trying to say that day?

If you know me, I'm one of those against Sambi playing that DM role and I fully believe his talent is wasting playing there instead of playing as one of the double 8s since he has those attributes to play the double 8(just as we wasted Xhaka early years).

My take was that presently, since Elneny who is suppose to be Partey's deputy is sidelined long term and we need to manage Partey and we didnt sign anybody as either Partey or Elneny cover, who then Is the next personnel to fill in that role presently? It's Sambi. So Sambi seeing shirt presently is no fault of his nor Arteta since he's just acting as a makeshift(since that wasn't the plan for Arteta to play him as DM heading into this season).

I'll solely blame Arteta come end of January if he doesn't sign any Partey cover and we're still forced to use Sambi there next year.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:51am On Oct 14, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, you don't understand what I was trying to say that day?

If you know me, I'm one of those against Sambi playing that DM role and I fully believe his talent is wasting playing there instead of playing as one of the double 8s since he has those attributes to play the double 8(just as we wasted Xhaka early years).

My take was that presently, since Elneny who is suppose to be Partey's deputy is sidelined long term and we need to manage Partey and we didnt sign anybody as either Partey or Elneny cover, who then Is the next personnel to fill in that role presently? It's Sambi. So Sambi seeing shirt presently is no fault of his nor Arteta since he's just acting as a makeshift(since that wasn't the plan for Arteta to play him as DM heading into this season).

I'll solely blame Arteta come end of January if he doesn't sign any Partey cover and we're still forced to use Sambi there next year.
Oh i forgot to include there was no formation yesterday
Before the match nelson was suppose to be a fb with tierney but during the match nelson and tierney played same position on the left
Another is viera, hewas lost in the game because he doesn't know his postion
Even white was playing rb instead of rcb
Why is lonkonga own different?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:13am On Oct 14, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Before the match nelson was suppose to be a fb with tierney but during the match nelson and tierney played same position on the left
There was no formation Ystdy?

What I was seeing was somehow 4231 with Sambi the deeper of the two (the his positional indiscipline showed) and Viera pivoting him. Viera playing from deep was one of the reasons he couldn't influence the game as much compared to when he played advanced while Odegaard played the Advanced Am.

The way the game panned out ystdy, I feel Arteta told them not to exert too much pressure but they should also try and get the win (2nd gear tinz). Also the pitch also played a part reason why most of our players where just not organised or cohesive. Putting Partey and Xhaka was just to tighten things up even though it was sort of a risk.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 9:15am On Oct 14, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Jodera did you watch sambi yesterday

Look at viera he was absent most part of the match but he didn't put the wrong foot

Positioning sir, Lokonga is not a DMF same way Xhaka is flourishing now playing another role.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:29am On Oct 14, 2022
iamoyindamola:

we used 4231 yesterday bro... Nelson played as LW and Tierney at LB
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:41am On Oct 14, 2022
mostob:
we used 4231 yesterday bro... Nelson played as LW and Tierney at LB
No it was 3 man defense i saw and read on paper
Even blueraydick confirmed this

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:48am On Oct 14, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Mikel Arteta on Matt Turner’s improvement with distribution:

“He’s improving, he’s getting better, we are demanding things that are different to what other managers have demanded him to do. He was much better in the first half than the second half.”

Arteta: “We can have more control, he was phenomenal in goal, the way he reads the situation, especially the defending the back of the central defenders, when he needs to control the space there, the way he set himself in the one on one situation he had, was really good”

[Arsenal]

Kudos to the coaching team I noticed improvement in turner
He was calm and commanding
Thank goodness he's growing into a better number 2. At least, I'm glad now

(1) (2) (3) ... (2797) (2798) (2799) (2800) (2801) (2802) (2803) ... (3519) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: AdisaOwala and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.