Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,471 members, 7,857,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 12:53 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2802) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2357247 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2799) (2800) (2801) (2802) (2803) (2804) (2805) ... (3547) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:10am On Oct 15, 2022
Fkhalifa:

Hummm cheesy....hope the Arsenal culture isn't there again...You know how everything slides down in February...is the squad big enough? Shey injuries won't scatter everything? Arterta isn't resting some of the big boys enough in Europe.

Btw, I know Spy, Roland and Jodera would welcome � me tongue

Partey is the most important piece. If we manage Partey’s health well and he finds a way to stay healthy throughout the season, then we will make the top 4 easily..

As for Arteta, he is allowing the devil to tempt him with his refusal to rest key players. angry instead of him to allow the call from the devil to become missed call and enter voicemail, baba dey answer the call..our saving grace be say network has been bad for the devil so the call no clear angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:06am On Oct 15, 2022
iamoyindamola:

He has resume light training
Zinny is also back in training
That's great
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:15am On Oct 15, 2022
Roland17:

Partey is the most important piece. If we manage Partey’s health well and he finds a way to stay healthy throughout the season, then we will make the top 4 easily..

As for Arteta, he is allowing the devil to tempt him with his refusal to rest key players. angry instead of him to allow the call from the devil to become missed call and enter voicemail, baba dey answer the call..our saving grace be say network has been bad for the devil so the call no clear angry
As in eh... Imagine playing Partey against Bode on a cold night and even on a plastic pitch, person wey we dey manage. Chai
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:27am On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:
All we need is Partey and Saka deputy in January. Aside those two, all other positions are well covered. Even Nketiah can fill in for Jesus while ESR can fill in for Martinelli as he did last season and we can still rack up points.

Injury to any of Partey or Saka might derail our momentum
True though
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 7:32am On Oct 15, 2022
Roland17:

Partey everywhere, he'll be probably win the Club's POTY award.
Na Arterta go use his hand spoil his going d works las las, why can't Tomisin play instead of Whyte on Thurs, why bring in Jesus? Why can't he try those Ibrahim and orther yougsters, Now he'll be forced to play full squad against PSV and the League games...how fatigue and injuries won't come in will be a mystery.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 15, 2022
Fkhalifa:

You mean Gabriel Manghalees should not jinx Arsenal cheesy
You sha want make I talk.
I no go answer you.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:44am On Oct 15, 2022
Fkhalifa:

Partey everywhere, he'll be probably win the Club's POTY award.
Na Arterta go use his hand spoil his going d works las las, why can't Tomisin play instead of Whyte on Thurs, why bring in Jesus? Why can't he try those Ibrahim and orther yougsters, Now he'll be forced to play full squad against PSV and the League games...how fatigue and injuries won't come in will be a mystery.
Lol, if this momentum still goes like this, the award will go to either G.Jesus or Martinelli or Xhaka with Jesus the obvious favourite.

Arteta should be careful to manage our boys well. With the way last season collapsed with Partey injury, I think say him don learn lesson but e be like say one Baba don give am prophecy say arsenal no go dey affected by injuries reason why him just dey use them even for matches wey no too dey necessary
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:59am On Oct 15, 2022
Omo, tomorrow will be a very interesting day.

From arsenal-Leeds through to el-clasico nonstop then Liverpool Vs Man city sharp sharp.

Tomorrow go lit footballically grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:39pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:

From arsenal-Leeds through to el-clasico nonstop then Liverpool Vs Man city sharp sharp.

Na to look for where Dem go show the 3 matches once. Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal are playing at the same time.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2022
� Mikel Arteta on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's comments: “A strong character is someone who challenges me tactically, challenges himself physically and challenges others mentally and we have plenty of those. Someone who wants extra days off to get a tattoo on his bum is not a strong character.”

grin grin cheesy grin what a comeback it would have been for Arteta but I trust my gaffer
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2022
mostob:
� Mikel Arteta on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's comments: “A strong character is someone who challenges me tactically, challenges himself physically and challenges others mentally and we have plenty of those. Someone who wants extra days off to get a tattoo on his bum is not a strong character.”

grin grin cheesy grin what a comeback it would have been for Arteta but I trust my gaffer
Is this real
That's some clap back
But I doubt arteta will do this that's unlike him, a typical arteta will say auba is a strong player who was quoted out of context grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:06pm On Oct 15, 2022
mostob:
Na to look for where Dem go show the 3 matches once. Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal are playing at the same time.
I swear.
Na my plans be that tomorrow grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:07pm On Oct 15, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Is this real
That's some clap back
But I doubt arteta will do this that's unlike him, a typical arteta will say auba is a strong player who was quoted out of context grin

Yeah, Arteta is not the kind of coach that will throw his player or ex-player under the bus; he likes to protect them. That All or Nothing opened my eyes to a lot of things .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2022
mostob:

Lol. This clap back sha for dey unnecessary grin

For the short term, he might have all the praise for giving a resounding backhand clapback but in the long term, it might affect him and the team
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:23pm On Oct 15, 2022
Now that Douglas Luiz have signed a new long term contract, I hope they've started talks with Danilo from Palmeiras underground for possible Jan move.

Let us don't jeopardize our season again like last season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:25pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:

Omo, na to dey switch channels o. The estate I dey stay no single viewing centre and the bars around won’t even show 2 matches at once .

Na to dey house dey switch station intermittently o
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:47pm On Oct 15, 2022
I no they enjoy el clasico I no just know why
Can't remember the last time I sit and watch it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:59pm On Oct 15, 2022
BlueRayDick:

Omo, na to dey switch channels o. The estate I dey stay no single viewing centre and the bars around won’t even show 2 matches at once .

Lol, I will just advise you to stick to one then watch either replay or full match on the other one later. Else you might just be a victim of watching all and enjoying none grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Tbh tho, el-clasico hasn't be that interesting recently unlike the Ronaldo - Messi rival that gingered it. Nobody even rave about it nowadays unlike before where people go dey do countdown
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:03pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:
Tbh tho, el-clasico hasn't be that interesting recently unlike the Ronaldo - Messi rival that gingered it. Nobody even rave about it nowadays unlike before where people go dey do countdown
The last el clasico I enjoyed was the uefa champions League where Messi was foul he picked himself up and run through Madrid defense to score.
The rivalry between pep and mourinho was interesting then
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2022
iamoyindamola:

The last el clasico I enjoyed was the uefa champions League where Messi was foul he picked himself up and run through Madrid defense to score.
The rivalry between pep and mourinho was interesting then
Omo...2011?? shocked
E don tey true true as you talk ooo grin

But yeah, Pep and guardiola was the other people too that made el-clasico very interesting aside Messi and Ronaldo.

Now no big person to look forward to In el-clasico. Tho, I want to watch because of Benzema Vs Lewy but with the way Barca don dey do, e fit no sweet like that.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:10pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:
Omo...2011?? shocked

But yeah, Pep and guardiola was the other people too that made el-clasico very interesting aside Messi and Ronaldo.

Now no big person to look forward to In el-clasico. Tho, I want to watch because of Benzema Vs Lewy but with the way Barca don dey do, e fit no sweet like that.
The rest were one sided as Barca got MSN and Madrid will field some nobodinho
Even when pep left and Zidane dominated Europe it was still one sided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 3:16pm On Oct 15, 2022
What's most interesting about Leeds-Arsenal is whether Marsch inverts the wide players to press Arsenal's centre backs in the build-up with the fullback backing him up to press Arsenal's fullback.

If he doesn't, Arteta's men will likely kill the press with a 3v2 in the build-up. From there Arsenal can punish them even further with Mikel Arteta's elite positional play with a 5v4 in the last line, a 3v2 in the build-up, & a 3v2 in midfield.

Football is never that simple, but this is the theme ARS must create. Leeds are a footballing team of their own who will try to play out from the back and this is also where Arsenal must be aggressive to match up and invert the wide forwards of their own accord because Leeds do have 'some' quality to exploit them, and their forwards are dangerous. However, Leeds will try to make the game frantic by winning duels in midfield and exploiting directly off the back of those duels or through counter-attacking or high pressing. They have some incredibly intense pressers who can cause issues and they're by no means an easy game.

However, on paper, Arsenal have lots of advantages, but Marsch is a fine manager so will likely adapt where necessary to prevent the aforementioned overloads in each phase of play. It's also key to note that Arsenal aren't entirely linear in their game. Ramsdale often goes long. He pumps the ball long and Arsenal will attempt to smother Leeds with their intense counterpress before exploiting them in transition and/or pinning them back into a low block so there's no doubt that the game will resemble lots of transitions, but it's about who can control that either way.

It seems entirely predictable that Arsenal will exploit Leeds' narrow back four with their elite positional play unless Marsch reverts to a 5 at the back system which is highly possible considering he matched up against City in that way last year. That way Arsenal would have time and space on the ball in the build-up as Leeds would likely press in a 5-4-1 block where they match up against Partey in the #6 and Xhaka in the conservative #8 but that's risky as they'll leave Ødegaard free between the lines. In those instances it's key for Leeds' central defenders to be aggressive to step out and to press him but often times they're unwilling to do so as they have to step so far out of their comfort zone.

Either way, however, it mitigated City's biggest weapon. Their positional play. If Marsch chooses this route it'll give Leeds a better chance of winning because they can mix up all of the things they do well such as pressing high, being difficult to break down within the mid/low block, battling for duels, gaining spells of possession, etc, etc.

However, last time against Arsenal Marsch was naïve and instructed Leeds to play out from the back from goal kicks with subpar quality against a top class press, & lots of these game factors weren't present until Arsenal were already 2-0 up. This time they have to be multifaceted, despite that, no matter what way Leeds set up, Arsenal have the quality to exploit them, but it's up to Marsch to decide how difficult the game turns out to be for Arsenal in the end but no matter what (unless he totally changes), ARS *should* have an overload in central build-up, and that subsequently means they *will* have the opportunity to exert control on the game. Marsch won't invert the wingers based on history. As such, that control will likely be easier to exert against Leeds' 4-4-2 than it is against their 5-4-1, but they'll have it anyway.

I see Arsenal winning.

#arsenalfanaticsnews

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Youngzero2(m): 3:57pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:
Omo...2011?? shocked

Jodera ,abeg I wan mk we discuss something.How can I reach you?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2022
iamoyindamola:

The rest were one sided as Barca got MSN and Madrid will field some nobodinho
Even when pep left and Zidane dominated Europe it was still one sided
Lol, it wasn't really one sided like that post Pep guardiola/Mourinho as even though Barca had MSN, Madrid had BBC. You must have missed the famous 2012 abi 2013 where it ended 2-2 with Ronaldo and Messi scoring brace apiece grin

Omorr, el-clasico sweet those times sha, when men dey. No be now wey person go dey watch Rodrygo and Pedri grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2022
Youngzero2:

Jod.era ,abeg I wan mk we discuss something.How can I reach you?
No problem bro.
You can message me on a dead thread or pm me
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2022
iamoyindamola:
You're right... Since Messi and Wasiu comot, the classico no dey ever sweet again.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:58pm On Oct 15, 2022
BlueRayDick:

You can stream one match on phone, another on your laptop and watch another on TV. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Is this real
That's some clap back
No.... It was false afterall. Arteta wouldn't stoop so low. The way the guy manages, answer the media question is much higher than his age.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:03pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:
Lol. This clap back sha for dey unnecessary grin

For the short term, he might have all the praise for giving a resounding backhand clapback but in the long term, it might affect him and the team
Not true bro.... Na normal cruise
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:06pm On Oct 15, 2022
mostob:
Not true bro.... Na normal cruise
Yeah, I know say na cruise jarey grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:07pm On Oct 15, 2022
mostob:
No.... It was false afterall. Arteta wouldn't stoop so low. The way the guy manages, answer the media question is much higher than his age.
Na person wey get A1 for coaching school be that grin

Arteta na master of indirect answers grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2799) (2800) (2801) (2802) (2803) (2804) (2805) ... (3547) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.