Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,686 members, 7,851,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:45 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2801) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2353055 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2798) (2799) (2800) (2801) (2802) (2803) (2804) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 9:52am On Oct 14, 2022
iamoyindamola:

No it was 3 man defense i saw and read on paper
Even blueraydick confirmed this

I watched a 3 man defense .
It wasn't very effective as the spaces between the defenders mean that had to play long balls and had to be careful so that the opposition strikers that were pressing do not nick the ball.
We couldn't play out from the back very well.
Saka was given most of the work to penetrate the opposition defense.
Our midfield wasn't able to get service from the defense.
It was only when we got the final third that we tried to play as we used to.
I think the artificial pitch played a part in our mobility.
Glad we won.

PS: I only watch some of first half
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:35am On Oct 14, 2022
Jodera:
Thank goodness he's growing into a better number 2. At least, I'm glad now
He was very comfortable unlike the first leg
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:13am On Oct 14, 2022
iamoyindamola:

He was very comfortable unlike the first leg
Yeah, I noticed that too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:20am On Oct 14, 2022
Fkforyou:

How far?

How will you rate the Mentality of these current Arsenal team? Mind you not all of them are physical and aggressive.
grin
The mental strength is there, These crop of players are different from what Arsenal used to have...

Arsenal have a striker who presses from the front, drop deep, to the flanks, create chances and scores, quite different from Mr waiting for tap in and Mr hardwork little result.

Btw, you can't tell me Saliba, Gabriel,White, Xhaka and Partey are not physical, Also Jesus,Martinelli,Saka and Zincheko are not slouchy on the pitch. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:31am On Oct 14, 2022
Roland17:

Whizboy!!!! I asked after just recently. How your side?

Senior man, I dey o smiley
This Arsenal go win the league o, I imagine my boy Guen enjoying that Solid defense,Gk and attack..abi wetin you think cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:41am On Oct 14, 2022
kokaneprodigy:

Go back to Liverpool
I'm coming back home next season cheesy
Btw, How's Gabriel Manghalees doing at the Emirates cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkforyou(m): 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2022
Fkhalifa:

grin
The mental strength is there, These crop of players are different from what Arsenal used to have...

Arsenal have a striker who presses from the front, drop deep, to the flanks, create chances and scores, quite different from Mr waiting for tap in and Mr hardwork little result.

Btw, you can't tell me Saliba, Gabriel,White, Xhaka and Partey are not physical, Also Jesus,Martinelli,Saka and Zincheko are not slouchy on the pitch. tongue

Fair Enough.
Unfortunately no space for you to come back at the moment.
Thank you for your patience over the years wink cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:57pm On Oct 14, 2022
iamoyindamola:

No it was 3 man defense i saw and read on paper
Even blueraydick confirmed this
It is four bro...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:59pm On Oct 14, 2022
Fkhalifa:

grin

the only soft player currently in arsenal is Lokonga.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 2:38pm On Oct 14, 2022
i think we started that game with a three man defense, then switched to back four when the pressure started getting much in the second half. i was kinda confuse seeing viera drop so so deep making him close to highly insignificant in the first half. and personally i think lokonga wasn't that bad yesterday too, he was just left alone to do the physical aspect of the midfield game(which he is not even suited to). who else noticed odegard haven't been at his best since he came back from injury, yes he has been trying but he's yet to give that vibe that i know him for. marquinhos, well he looks better in possession but his indecisiveness needs to be addressed. tuner was magnificient in goal, super alert in face of danger.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Donjazet2: 2:53pm On Oct 14, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Jodera did you watch sambi yesterday
Arteta had to risk partey and take him off because with him we were likely to concede late goal
What other opportunity so you want arteta to give him of playing time, he was involved in handball situation that can be given by another ref

Look at viera he was absent most part of the match but he didn't put a wrong foot

Wait you're an arsenal fan?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 14, 2022
Fkhalifa:

I'm coming back home next season cheesy
Btw, How's Gabriel Manghalees doing at the Emirates cheesy
I no go answer you.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2022
Fkforyou:

Fair Enough.
Unfortunately no space for you to come back at the moment.
Thank you for your patience over the years wink cheesy
Hummm cheesy....hope the Arsenal culture isn't there again...You know how everything slides down in February...is the squad big enough? Shey injuries won't scatter everything? Arterta isn't resting some of the big boys enough in Europe.

Btw, I know Spy, Roland and Jodera would welcome � me tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2022
mostob:
the only soft player currently in arsenal is Lokonga.
And Odegard

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 3:54pm On Oct 14, 2022
Fkhalifa:

And Odegard
Especially odegaard even the lfc match he should have win it
He will be kicking ball like he's caressing it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2022
Fkhalifa:

And Odegard
Odegaard may not be physical but he is tenacious and energetic. Sambi sometimes play as if he is on the street playing 'monkey' post. Don't get me wrong but his body language ehn... cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:14pm On Oct 14, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Bro...come see how I shouted last Sunday at the viewing centre. That shot still dey vex me now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 4:16pm On Oct 14, 2022
germaphobe:
i think we started that game with a three man defense, then switched to back four when the pressure started getting much in the second half. i was kinda confuse seeing viera drop so so deep making him close to highly insignificant in the first half. and personally i think lokonga wasn't that bad yesterday too, he was just left alone to do the physical aspect of the midfield game(which he is not even suited to). who else noticed odegard haven't been at his best since he came back from injury, yes he has been trying but he's yet to give that vibe that i know him for. marquinhos, well he looks better in possession but his indecisiveness needs to be addressed. tuner was magnificient in goal, super alert in face of danger.
I think Odegaard's role has changed a bit. He is no more in the mix of things. He is now playing similar role to Xhaka just that his output goal-wise has been poor.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:27pm On Oct 14, 2022
mostob:
Bro...come see how I shouted last Sunday at the viewing centre. That shot still dey vex me now.
Very common with him
ESR or viera have better shooting power

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2022
iamoyindamola:

Very common with him
ESR or viera have better shooting power
Na ESR I trust pass for that opportunity. Odegaard needs to improve on his shooting ability sha, I even thought he had improved on it. That his Bournemouth 2nd goal is now looking like a fluke now undecided

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:34pm On Oct 14, 2022
Fkhalifa:

Hummm cheesy....hope the Arsenal culture isn't there again...You know how everything slides down in February...is the squad big enough? Shey injuries won't scatter everything? Arterta isn't resting some of the big boys enough in Europe.

Btw, I know S.py, R.oland and J.odera would welcome � me tongue
Lol... Except injuries affects us else I don't see how we'll slow down. If we continue like this till Jan, I don't see Feb affecting us either(except the club doesn't strengthen).

The newfound boys have been excellent and I'm loving them
E be like say your Liverpool come exchange powers with arsenal grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:27pm On Oct 14, 2022
Jodera:
Na ESR I trust pass for that opportunity. Odegaard needs to improve on his shooting ability sha, I even thought he had improved on it. That his Bournemouth 2nd goal is now looking like a fluke now undecided
Na why I dey miss ESR. I hope he come back soon. The guy would be up on the UEL goal chart by now
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 14, 2022
Fkhalifa:

Gerout!!! Don’t jinx us.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:47pm On Oct 14, 2022
mostob:
Na why I dey miss ESR. I hope he come back soon. The guy would be up on the UEL goal chart by now
He has resume light training
Zinny is also back in training

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:48pm On Oct 14, 2022
Fkhalifa:

All we just need is perfect partey deputy
80% of our issues will be solved and another winger
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:56pm On Oct 14, 2022
iamoyindamola:

you see Odegard and Viera, they are in the Ozil family
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2022
mostob:
Odegaard may not be physical but he is tenacious and energetic. Sambi sometimes play as if he is on the street playing 'monkey' post. Don't get me wrong but his body language ehn... cheesy
Sambo will get better

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
Jodera:
Lol... Except injuries affects us else I don't see how we'll slow down. If we continue like this till Jan, I don't see Feb affecting us either(except the club doesn't strengthen).

The newfound boys have been excellent and I'm loving them
E be like say your Liverpool come exchange powers with arsenal grin
Injuries are part of the season, except the team will pull that Liverpool's energy of 3 years ago with full first 11 almost all season.
Injury to Jesus alone can turn everything upside down..
Don't forget fatigue too, let's see how the full season will go sha.
Liverpool are looking tired already but they'll surely bounce back
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:03pm On Oct 14, 2022
kokaneprodigy:

Gerout!!! Don’t jinx us.
You mean Gabriel Manghalees should not jinx Arsenal cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 10:05pm On Oct 14, 2022
iamoyindamola:

All we just need is perfect partey deputy
80% of our issues will be solved and another winger
and priotizing competition like Klopp. Face top4 and Europa and achieve success or go all out for all trophies and fall out in February
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:14pm On Oct 14, 2022
mostob:
I swear, me too I miss that guy.
I just hope he comes back stronger

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:18pm On Oct 14, 2022
Fkhalifa:

Injuries are part of the season, except the team will pull that Liverpool's energy of 3 years ago with full first 11 almost all season.
Injury to Jesus alone can turn everything upside down..
Don't forget fatigue too, let's see how the full season will go sha.
Liverpool are looking tired already but they'll surely bounce back
All we need is Partey and Saka deputy in January. Aside those two, all other positions are well covered. Even Nketiah can fill in for Jesus while ESR can fill in for Martinelli as he did last season and we can still rack up points.

Injury to any of Partey or Saka might derail our momentum

(1) (2) (3) ... (2798) (2799) (2800) (2801) (2802) (2803) (2804) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.