Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,686 members, 7,851,362 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:47 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2803) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2353060 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2800) (2801) (2802) (2803) (2804) (2805) (2806) ... (3544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Youngzero2(m): 5:13pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:
No problem bro.
You can message me on a dead thread or pm me

How can I pm you?.This nairaland features self no clear me cry.I sent you an email though.Pls check for a message
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:15pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:
Na person wey get A1 for coaching school be that grin

Arteta na master of indirect answers grin
ahswear...he is intelligent.
You know I once told someone he is a better manager than Zidane. They mocked me and asked if Arteta has ever won a spoon before but I know what I see.
For a guy of such age and without experience to take that Arsenal job, build and rebuild the team, take the club through that stormy moment. I just pray he succeeds here.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:19pm On Oct 15, 2022
ObaIgwe1:
What's most interesting about Leeds-Arsenal is whether Marsch inverts the wide players to press Arsenal's centre backs in the build-up with the fullback backing him up to press Arsenal's fullback.

If he doesn't, Arteta's men will likely kill the press with a 3v2 in the build-up. From there Arsenal can punish them even further with Mikel Arteta's elite positional play with a 5v4 in the last line, a 3v2 in the build-up, & a 3v2 in midfield.

Football is never that simple, but this is the theme ARS must create. Leeds are a footballing team of their own who will try to play out from the back and this is also where Arsenal must be aggressive to match up and invert the wide forwards of their own accord because Leeds do have 'some' quality to exploit them, and their forwards are dangerous. However, Leeds will try to make the game frantic by winning duels in midfield and exploiting directly off the back of those duels or through counter-attacking or high pressing. They have some incredibly intense pressers who can cause issues and they're by no means an easy game.

However, on paper, Arsenal have lots of advantages, but Marsch is a fine manager so will likely adapt where necessary to prevent the aforementioned overloads in each phase of play. It's also key to note that Arsenal aren't entirely linear in their game. Ramsdale often goes long. He pumps the ball long and Arsenal will attempt to smother Leeds with their intense counterpress before exploiting them in transition and/or pinning them back into a low block so there's no doubt that the game will resemble lots of transitions, but it's about who can control that either way.

It seems entirely predictable that Arsenal will exploit Leeds' narrow back four with their elite positional play unless Marsch reverts to a 5 at the back system which is highly possible considering he matched up against City in that way last year. That way Arsenal would have time and space on the ball in the build-up as Leeds would likely press in a 5-4-1 block where they match up against Partey in the #6 and Xhaka in the conservative #8 but that's risky as they'll leave Ødegaard free between the lines. In those instances it's key for Leeds' central defenders to be aggressive to step out and to press him but often times they're unwilling to do so as they have to step so far out of their comfort zone.

Either way, however, it mitigated City's biggest weapon. Their positional play. If Marsch chooses this route it'll give Leeds a better chance of winning because they can mix up all of the things they do well such as pressing high, being difficult to break down within the mid/low block, battling for duels, gaining spells of possession, etc, etc.

However, last time against Arsenal Marsch was naïve and instructed Leeds to play out from the back from goal kicks with subpar quality against a top class press, & lots of these game factors weren't present until Arsenal were already 2-0 up. This time they have to be multifaceted, despite that, no matter what way Leeds set up, Arsenal have the quality to exploit them, but it's up to Marsch to decide how difficult the game turns out to be for Arsenal in the end but no matter what (unless he totally changes), ARS *should* have an overload in central build-up, and that subsequently means they *will* have the opportunity to exert control on the game. Marsch won't invert the wingers based on history. As such, that control will likely be easier to exert against Leeds' 4-4-2 than it is against their 5-4-1, but they'll have it anyway.

I see Arsenal winning.

#arsenalfanaticsnews
Excellent analysis sir. Thing is Arsenal is now immune to pressing to a certain degree. If Leeds decided to use their wingers to press our CBs with their FBs doing same to ours, it will be suicidal for them. All it requires to bypass them is a single kick from Ramsdale to Saka or Martinelli and they will be carved open.
Excellent analysis sir...

BTW are you Kbs?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2022
Youngzero2:

How can I pm you?.This nairaland features self no clear me cry.I sent you an email though.Pls check for a message
I've replied you, you can check your mail
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2022
mostob:
You know I once told someone he is a better manager than Zidane. They mocked me and asked if Arteta has ever won a spoon before but I know what I see.
For a guy of such age and without experience to take that Arsenal job, build and rebuild the team, take the club through that stormy moment. I just pray he succeeds here.
Lol, I'll do worse than them if I'm them too, especially if I'm not an arsenal fan grin

But then, I think it's too early to say that Arteta is a better manager than Zidane. For someone to win UCL 3peat and league twice, with a double in one of the seasons is no mean feat at all. Granted, what Arteta has done is great but he still has a long way to be graded as a great manager how much more to be compared to Zidane. It's not as if Madrid was a perennial league winners or UCL winners before Zidane took over but he made them win both trophies at least twice. No be small feat be that oo grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:30pm On Oct 15, 2022
mostob:
Excellent analysis sir. Thing is Arsenal is now immune to pressing to a certain degree. If Leeds decided to use their wingers to press our CBs with their FBs doing same to ours, it will be suicidal for them. All it requires to bypass them is a single kick from Ramsdale to Saka or Martinelli and they will be carved open.
Excellent analysis sir...

BTW are you Kbs?
Lol, he isn't KBS na.
I remember Kbs saying he would take some time off because he would want to work on his presidential aspirations. I think that's the main reason he's not being active here again

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:35pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, he isn't KBS na.
I remember Kbs saying he would take some time off because he would want to work on his presidential aspirations. I think that's the main reason he's not being active here again
I thought the same but he do post something similar here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Youngzero2(m): 5:36pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, he isn't KBS na.

I didn't see it oo
Try sending it directly to this email.Thanks
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, I'll do worse than them if I'm them too, especially if I'm not an arsenal fan grin

But then, I think it's too early to say that Arteta is a better manager than Zidane. For someone to win UCL 3peat and league twice, with a double in one of the seasons is no mean feat at all. Granted, what Arteta has done is great but he still has a long way to be graded as a great manager how much more to be compared to Zidane. It's not as if Madrid was a perennial league winners or UCL winners before Zidane took over but he made them win both trophies at least twice. No be small feat be that oo grin
I know... But that team was loaded sha... Everybody was in their prime that time.
But I was looking at the off-field qualities when I made such statement. Zidane was a record breaker na... Thing is Arteta has potential. Hopefully, he walk his way up the chart.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:52pm On Oct 15, 2022
mostob:

You lucky say dem no put tire for ya neck with few sprinkles of fuel and lighter to test something..
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:54pm On Oct 15, 2022
Youngzero2:

I didn't see it oo
Try sending it directly to this email Okuzudaniel@gmail.com .
Thanks
Okayy.. sent
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:02pm On Oct 15, 2022
mostob:
I know... But that team was loaded sha... Everybody was in their prime that time.
But I was looking at the off-field qualities when I made such statement. Zidane was a record breaker na... Thing is Arteta has potential. Hopefully, he walk his way up the chart.
Lol, I know the bolded but even off field, Zidane was no slouch. There was already some rancour with some players and Ancelotti before Zidane took over. In fact, Zidane second season (the season he won the 2nd UCL and league double) was what made me respect him very very much. He used mostly 2nd eleven (Morata and asensio et al) to play league while using dem Modric and BBC to play UCL. For a coach to convince a who Ronaldo and other big players to take a rest in the league and focus mostly on the UCL and those players no throw tantrums needs to be really really appreciated.

Even though I no like his style of play but mehn Zidane is a very very good Man manager and a winner. No cap!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:04pm On Oct 15, 2022
Roland17:

You lucky say dem no put tire for ya neck with few sprinkles of fuel and lighter to test something..
Lol, Asin ehh. Na only Arsenal fans no go look that thing as blasphemy. Any other fans, na 2by2 dem fit knack Mo.stob grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:06pm On Oct 15, 2022
Roland17:

grin grin
There is different logics for the same argument na.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:08pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, Asin ehh. Na only Arsenal fans no go look that thing as blasphemy. Any other fans, na 2by2 dem fit knack Mo.stob grin
lol.... It is not blasphemy. Infact I still stand by that statement. Depends on which metric we're using for comparison.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:10pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, I know the bolded but even off field, Zidane was no slouch. There was already some rancour with some players and Ancelotti before Zidane took over. In fact, Zidane second season (the season he won the 2nd UCL and league double) was what made me respect him very very much. He used mostly 2nd eleven (Morata and asensio et al) to play league while using dem Modric and BBC to play UCL. For a coach to convince a who Ronaldo and other big players to take a rest in the league and focus mostly on the UCL and those players no throw tantrums needs to be really really appreciated.

Even though I no like his style of play but mehn Zidane is a very very good Man manager and a winner. No cap!!
Man manager? Do you know the number of players he fell out with?
That aside, why don't you like his style of play?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:10pm On Oct 15, 2022
mostob:
grin grin
There is different logics for the same argument na.

E better be say na with yasef u dey argue with..

No too talk dis tin outside abeg because some of your friends and football buddies go begin avoid you oh!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:16pm On Oct 15, 2022
mostob:
Man manager? Do you know the number of players he fell out with?
That aside, why don't you like his style of play?
Aside bale, how many top Madrid players did he fall out with?

His style of play can be boring and uninspiring most times. In fact most of the games I watched then, I can hardly see any pattern of play, at other times he depends on neutralising the opposition while depending on individuality. He's a winner tho, that's just one thing I like about him but I wouldn't want him at my club. Same reason I wouldn't want Mou or Conte at my club
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2022
mostob:
lol.... It is not blasphemy. Infact I still stand by that statement. Depends on which metric we're using for comparison.
Lol, the only metric you'll use to rate Arteta over Zidane is just interesting style of play. Aside that, nothing for now and you know that is the least in judging managers

If it's falling out with players or handling big egos, you know Arteta Is more guilty than Zidane.
Trophies?? Don't even go there.

So, wetin we wan use grade Arteta over Zidane?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:20pm On Oct 15, 2022
Roland17:

E better be say na with yasef u dey argue with..

No too talk dis tin outside abeg because some of your friends and football buddies go begin avoid you oh!
why I no go talk am. Na my opinion and na only me know wetin I see wey make me talk am. You think Zidane fit accept that Arsenal job? Why em never coach since leaving Madrid? The only thing wey e get pass Arteta na trophy nothing more.
I'm not saying this because Arteta is Arsenal's coach or based on favoritism. You can't coach that Madrid team and go trophyless bro... His winning UCL 3 times is truly exceptional and I commend him for that. Forget am..I go still talk am anywhere.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:27pm On Oct 15, 2022
mostob:
why I no go talk am. Na my opinion and na only me know wetin I see wey make me talk am. You think Zidane fit accept that Arsenal job? Why em never coach since leaving Madrid? The only thing wey e get pass Arteta na trophy nothing more.
I'm not saying this because Arteta is Arsenal's coach or based on favoritism. You can't coach that Madrid team and go trophyless bro... His winning UCL 3 times is truly exceptional and I commend him for that. Forget am..I go still talk am anywhere.

You see why I say make e be say you Dey argue with yasef alone.

Baba, it’s okay to love Arteta, he is having his best season thus far but that doesn’t mean we should disrespect Zidane with this unholy comparison.

Typing epistle to argue for Zidane will be disrespecting my football fandom. No vess, I can’t fit.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:27pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:
Lol, the only metric you'll use to rate Arteta over Zidane is just interesting style of play. Aside that, nothing for now and you know that is the least in judging managers

If it's falling out with players or handling big egos, you know Arteta Is more guilty than Zidane.
Trophies?? Don't even go there.

So, wetin we wan use grade Arteta over Zidane?

Not even the bolded. When you wan compare players, you go use goals, assists, chances created...e.t.c.

Now for managers, you have

Win percentage
Number of Trophies
Team management
Man management
Tactics....e.t.c.

Considering the managerial journey of both and the Calibre of team both managed, you can't tell me Arteta is inferior to zidane in all those metrics. Never!

How is Arteta more guilty? Because of Ozil, Guen and Auba right? Come on...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:30pm On Oct 15, 2022
Roland17:

You see why I say make e be say you Dey argue with yasef alone.

Baba, it’s okay to love Arteta, he is having his best season thus far but that doesn’t mean we should disrespect Zidane with this unholy comparison.

Typing epistle to argue for Zidane will be disrespecting my football fandom. No vess, I can’t fit.
Epistle won't be necessary. Na here we dey.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:
Aside bale, how many top Madrid players did he fall out with?

His style of play can be boring and uninspiring most times. In fact most of the games I watched then, I can hardly see any pattern of play, at other times he depends on neutralising the opposition while depending on individuality. He's a winner tho, that's just one thing I like about him but I wouldn't want him at my club. Same reason I wouldn't want Mou or Conte at my club
Why if I may ask?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2022
That Xhaka role is covered for decade.
Prince Charlie 'xhaka' Patino

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:38pm On Oct 15, 2022
mostob:
Not even the bolded. When you wan compare players, you go use goals, assists, chances created...e.t.c.

Now for managers, you have

Win percentage
Number of Trophies
Team management
Man management
Tactics....e.t.c.

Considering the managerial journey of both and the Calibre of team both managed, you can't tell me Arteta is inferior to zidane in all those metrics. Never!

How is Arteta more guilty? Because of Ozil, Guen and Auba right? Come on...
Win percentage?.. Arteta haven't even gotten top4 nor won any trophies aside fa cup which is just 7 matches, so how will his win percentage be better than someone who won 3 peat UCL and two league titles? I don't even need calculation or stats to tell me who.

Number of trophies? Don't make me laff biko grin

Team & Man management — I told you to list me names of players Zidane fell out with aside Bale and I'm still waiting. In terms of team management scroll up to where I gave you example of how Zidane won his first double with Madrid. No be here we dey complain about Arteta putting Partey, Saka and Jesus in Europa group stage games?

Tactics... You might not like his style of play but beating Liverpool, Juventus and Athletico in finals is tactics enough. Coming from behind against big teams is tactics enough.

I mean, it's somehow placing Arteta and Zidane in the same bracket not to talk of being better than him. Abi you think say, Arteta wouldn't be grateful to Arsenal for giving him ample time without sacking him. If he try this process in Madrid, Barca or Chelsea (pressure pots clubs), dem for don sack am tey tey.

Abeg, no allow this our recent euphoria make you get ahead of yourself abeg. We've not even gotten anywhere oo grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:54pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:

Win percentage?.. Arteta haven't even gotten top4 nor won any trophies aside fa cup which is just 7 matches, so how will his win percentage be better than someone who won 3 peat UCL and two league titles? I don't even need calculation or stats to tell me who.

Number of trophies? Don't make me laff biko grin

Team & Man management — I told you to list me names of players Zidane fell out with aside Bale and I'm still waiting. In terms of team management scroll up to where I gave you example of how Zidane won his first double with Madrid. No be here we dey complain about Arteta putting Partey, Saka and Jesus in Europa group stage games?

Tactics... You might not like his style of play but beating Liverpool, Juventus and Athletico in finals is tactics enough. Coming from behind against big teams is tactics enough.

I mean, it's somehow placing Arteta and Zidane in the same bracket not to talk of being better than him. Abi you think say, Arteta wouldn't be grateful to Arsenal for giving him ample time without sacking him. If he try this process in Madrid, Barca or Chelsea (pressure pots clubs), dem for don sack am tey tey.

Abeg, no allow this our recent euphoria make you get ahead of yourself abeg. We've not even gotten anywhere oo grin

Entertaining this debate equates to disrespecting Zidane. Also, e come be like say pesin no wan acknowledge Arteta improvement.

Small time now e go be “Don Carlo”.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:56pm On Oct 15, 2022
Na here we dey during the bad time wey some of us troll Arteta say him be assistant to Pep and played under Wenger, graduated from famous la Masia but his team is playing like a Moyes team

Abi Mostob you don forget that picture (the dark days) wey na only one match we win for up to 3 months?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:00pm On Oct 15, 2022
Roland17:

Entertaining this debate equates to disrespecting Zidane. Also, e come be like say pesin no wan acknowledge Arteta improvement.

Lol, I didn't even see this your post before dropping my last one.

Anyways, I believe this one you quoted have done justice to the matter sha cos this matter funny grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:22pm On Oct 15, 2022
Jodera:
Na here we dey during the bad time wey some of us troll Arteta say him be assistant to Pep and played under Wenger, graduated from famous la Masia but his team is playing like a Moyes team

Abi Mostob you don forget that picture (the dark days) wey na only one match we win for up to 3 months?
Lol...I even talk sey make Dem sack am that time. I'm not that emotional to be carried away by the recent euphoria. You sef know that one.

Comparing Zidane to Arteta normally is insane...trust me. Me sef know that.
We are talking about someone who won UCL 3 times. 3 times!!!!

Now about my argument, let me rephrase. I apologise if my earlier stance sounded ambiguous.

Zidane took over a prime Madrid team compared to Arteta. And within 3 years, see where Arteta has brought us... we're now being considered as title contender. That, to me is worthy of commendation. Now let me ask, has Zidane tried something of such? No.

But as a club owner, if my club is in disarray and I need someone to come in and calm things down, I know who I would go for.

That's my point.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2022
Roland17:

Don Carlo for him bedroom? grin grin

I wonder why the guy didn't find club to coach since.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Bjteensdes24: 8:31pm On Oct 15, 2022
mostob:
Lol...I even talk sey make Dem sack am that time. I'm not that emotional to be carried away by the recent euphoria. You sef know that one.

Comparing Zidane to Arteta normally is insane...trust me. Me sef know that.
We are talking about someone who won UCL 3 times. 3 times!!!!

Now about my argument, let me rephrase. I apologise if my earlier stance sounded ambiguous.

Zidane took over a prime Madrid team compared to Arteta. And within 3 years, see where Arteta has brought us... we're now being considered as title contender. That, to me is worthy of commendation. Now let me ask, has Zidane tried something of such? No.

But as a club owner, if my club is in disarray and I need someone to come in and calm things down, I know who I would go for.

That's my point.
Lemme help you with this your question, if it were to be Arteta that took over same Madrid team will he win 3 champions league back to back? Zidane and Arteta in the same sentence chaiii
Modified: lets say Zidane took over your team and won those trophies, would you want him to be sacked for Arteta to rebuild grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2800) (2801) (2802) (2803) (2804) (2805) (2806) ... (3544) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.