Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,181 members, 7,845,878 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2347526 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3198) (3199) (3200) (3201) (3202) (3203) (3204) ... (3543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:40am On Sep 04, 2023
Shala to gabu his partnership with saliba continue to blossom
No one is blaming white for tracking back for rashford goal harvetz na scapegoat but white fvck up
He had saliba at his back and saliba was trying not to block ramsdale view
White should have close down rashford in my opinion
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:41am On Sep 04, 2023
Jodera:
True.
Na Havertz matter just dey cause all these problems

I won't be surprised if stat prop up about him winning most duels, most aerial balls, good off the ball runs and the likes.

First time I really enjoyed Arsenal match this season and it's not even at premium level yet
Because of kaikai😂😂
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 8:41am On Sep 04, 2023
UCL winners Congratulations!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:45am On Sep 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Shala to gabu his partnership with saliba continue to blossom
No one is blaming white for tracking back for rashford goal harvetz na scapegoat but white fvck up
He had saliba at his back and saliba was trying not to block ramsdale view
White should have close down rashford in my opinion
It in the 18yard box so White needed to execute caution.

Also, I think Rashford was smart with that goal. He first faked a shot thereby disbalancing both White and Saliba, giving himself that extra space and time to unleash that bomb.

Las las, na still Havertz caused that goal.
Immediately that ball was laid through by Eriksen, I already told my brother that's a goal.

That area na Rashford specialty cos he hardly miss from there in that situation
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:48am On Sep 04, 2023
Jodera:

It in the 18yard box so White needed to execute caution.

Also, I think Rashford was smart with that goal. He first faked a shot thereby disbalancing both White and Saliba, giving himself that extra space and time to unleash that bomb.

Las las, na still Havertz caused that goal.
Immediately that ball was laid through by Eriksen, I already told my brother that's a goal.

That area na Rashford specialty cos he hardly miss from there in that situation
No rashford got the ball outside the box18
By then white is already tracking back instead of standing his ground don't forget saliba is at his back
Laslas rashford will wait for reinforcement
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:49am On Sep 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Because of kaikai😂😂
Lol... Who else?

Who didn't enjoy the final 15min of the game ystdy? grin

Make thunder faya Arteta if he ever bench Gabu again. Zinny absence or not.

Shebi Tomi no still play with Gabu when Zinny was off? Didn't Tomi still play the Inverted role ystdy?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:51am On Sep 04, 2023
Jodera:
Lol... Who else?

Who didn't enjoy the final 15min of the game ystdy? grin

Make thunder faya Arteta if he ever bench Gabu again. Zinny absence or not.

Shebi Tomi no still play with Gabu when Zinny was off? Didn't Tomi still play the Inverted role ystdy?

All those spy analysis I no they believe jare
Everyone knows our coach changed tactics to accommodate kaikai
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:52am On Sep 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:

No rashford got the ball outside the box18
By then white is already tracking back instead of standing his ground don't forget saliba is at his back
Laslas rashford will wait for reinforcement
It was a through ball. Normally White have to backtrack a bit to gain his balance. If he had stood his ground, Rashford would have passed him and it would have been one on one with GK.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:53am On Sep 04, 2023
Jodera:
It was a through ball. Normally White have to backtrack a bit to gain his balance. If he had stood his ground, Rashford would have passed him and it would have been one on one with GK.

Saliba nko
You removed him from the picture
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:54am On Sep 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:

All those spy analysis I no they believe jare
Everyone knows our coach changed tactics to accommodate kaikai
grin grin grin ;
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:58am On Sep 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Saliba nko
You removed him from the picture
Na counter attack be that oo and Rash na king of counter.

Ordinarily that situation na him food type of goal except GK makes a save or it hits off target.

Anybody wey dey him front as long as it's one or two defenders with a lot of space near the box, he must certainly take the shot.

It would have been better if he received that ball far away from the box
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:35am On Sep 04, 2023
Martinelli was in viera position last season at Anfield
One of the key moments to our season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:37am On Sep 04, 2023
Spy360:
How many of us noticed that Rice is not effective playing on the right side of CM? Zinchenko had to move accross to the left whenever he had to invert.

But this unleashed the beast in Rice and he too was able to cover whenever he had to.

Gabriel will play when Zinny is available

Gabriel is a workaholic. That guy does CB and LB to make Zinny flourish. Glad to have such a baller. Man u fans are wailing that his wrestling challenge on hoodlum was supposed to be a pk.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:56am On Sep 04, 2023
daveP:

Gabriel is a workaholic. That guy does CB and LB to make Zinny flourish. Glad to have such a baller. Man u fans are wailing that his wrestling challenge on hoodlum was supposed to be a pk.
Mustafi or koscienly of blessed memory will just concede defeat or wait for referee to blow in his favour
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:56am On Sep 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Martinelli was in viera position last season at Anfield
One of the key moments to our season
I wanted to say this but replying to mentions, it skipped my memory.

Exact same position and Martinelli just fvcked up embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:03am On Sep 04, 2023
daveP:

Na why I just dey vex say Gabriel deh bench since begining of this season.

No kind of tactical switch should make Gab warm the bench. Never!!!
Reason I never bought that "he can't play the three at the back Lb". I no dey see wetin Kiwi dey play to deserve start over him especially last match.

I just hope Arteta Learns his lesson and leave our back 4 the way it is and stop overcomplicating simple issues.

See ordinary Jimenez bullying kiwi against Fulham, I was just shuddering if Kiwi that played against Hojlund ystdy, how it would have been
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:09am On Sep 04, 2023
Jodera:
Na why I just dey vex say Gabriel deh bench since begining of this season.

No kind of tactical switch should make Gab warm the bench. Never!!!
Reason I never bought that "he can't play the three at the back Lb". I no dey see wetin Kiwi dey play to deserve start over him especially last match.

I just hope Arteta Learns his lesson and leave our back 4 the way it is and stop overcomplicating simple issues.

See ordinary Jimenez bullying kiwi against Fulham, I was just shuddering if Kiwi that played against Hojlund ystdy, how it would have been

Arteta should rewatch his own touchline reactions for

When Kai was on the pitch
When Kai waa off the pitch

And make his conclusion asap. He can't continue to be that silly in decision making.

He's already accepted the Kiwi decision. Time to accept the Kai decision. Infact since he bought kai, Fabio has outperformed him. Reiss has been involved in goals more than him. If ESR plays and outperforms even Fabio and Teta still sticks to starting Kai, then Teta needs advice and more fan reaction
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:18am On Sep 04, 2023
Jodera:
I wanted to say this but replying to mentions, it skipped my memory.

Exact same position and Martinelli just fvcked up embarassed
As in he fvcked up everything
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:00am On Sep 04, 2023
daveP:

Arteta should rewatch his own touchline reactions for

When Kai was on the pitch
When Kai waa off the pitch

And make his conclusion asap. He can't continue to be that silly in decision making.

He's already accepted the Kiwi decision. Time to accept the Kai decision. Infact since he bought kai, Fabio has outperformed him. Reiss has been involved in goals more than him. If ESR plays and outperforms even Fabio and Teta still sticks to starting Kai, then Teta needs advice and more fan reaction
It's more about stubbornness and ego thing.

Did you notice anytime we need goal(s) that will be the only time he'll remove Havertz? The few times we were on winning position, Havertz played 90' even though he offered nothing.
He personally knew the problem and issues but he's still forcing it.

As long as we keep winning and getting points, Havertz would still play.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:00am On Sep 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:

As in he fvcked up everything
Lol... That was the beginning of the end last season for us embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:05am On Sep 04, 2023
Nothing dey sweet me pass say your first goal for club na very very important Goal.

Zinny did it
White did it
Jorg did it

And ystdy, Rice did his to cap off a very very Impressive performance.

We still deh wait for Tomi own. I just hope when it finally comes, it'll be worth the wait
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Onkoolos: 11:13am On Sep 04, 2023
Spy360:

Garnacho was off. You are arguing because you are not intune with the new offside rule that was introduced just before season started.

Now offside is decided by the legs and not the entire body. That is why Gabriel slant position is considered a genius act.

Again, that Kai penalty should have stood because there was a second clip on his knee that the camera didn't pick and Taylor was too hasty to cancel his initial decision.

God punish offside rules. Why does u guys like using ojoro. Rasmond hojlund was foul, var didnt see that . It shall never be well with var and antony taylor
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:27am On Sep 04, 2023
Ref watch on sky sports new by 11.30
It's almost time

INCIDENT: Declan Rice scores from a corner while Jonny Evans grapples with Gabriel - Man Utd want the goal disallowed and a free-kick awarded.

DERMOT SAYS: It could have been a foul the other way. They're both grappling with each other. In the end, Evans throws Gabriel out of the way. 

It's a difficult call. The referee has got a perfect view. It could have easily gone the other way which would have been a penalty.

INCIDENT: Alejandro Garnacho is played through on goal, before beating Aaron Ramsdale, only for the goal to be ruled out for offside by the VAR .

DERMOT SAYS: This is what VAR is for - if they put the lines across and say it is offside, it is just offside. Once you put the lines on, you can see that Gabriel has not tilted quite as far forward as Garnacho. 

INCIDENT: Rasmus Hojlund goes down in the area under a challenge from Gabriel. Should a penalty have been awarded?

DERMOT SAYS: There's physical contact but the defender is just too strong. Hojlund pushes the ball too far and Gabriel holds his ground, he doesn't do anything wrong. 
You see this all the time and I'd have been stunned if Anthony Taylor had given anything for it. 

INCIDENT: Bukayo Saka is shown a yellow card for a lunging tackle on Bruno Fernandes. Should the Arsenal winger have been sent off? 

DERMOT SAYS: Saka is fouled first but he still follows through. The fact he is low and has come from such short distance, there's no intensity, makes it a yellow card rather than a red. 
Cc blueraydick

INCIDENT: Kai Havertz goes over in the box under a challenge from Aaron Wan-Bissaka, with referee Anthony Taylor awarding a penalty that was subsequently overturned by the VAR.

DERMOT SAYS: Hand on heart, when I saw that yesterday, I thought penalty. When I saw the second replay, I changed my mind 100 per cent.

For me, I thought he tripped him, but when I saw the replay, Wan-Bissaka places his foot and Havertz goes into him.

So the right decision has been come to and that is what we want, we talked about it last week.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:34am On Sep 04, 2023
Gabu won us that game yesterday
A second after garnacho is inside, the ref said Gabriel fast thinking
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2023
ndidibabe:
You are a good analyst.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 12:37pm On Sep 04, 2023
Spy360:

I totally agree. The boy lacks confidence at all. Arteta would only damage him more by starting him in games. He needs to drop him for a game or two and allow him integrate slowly. Too bad we are losing a player of his quality due to poor handling.

That said, we should not think of Vieira as the next option because he is not good defending in the middle. The only other option we have now is ESR.

Transitioning new players into a team, especially one that is successful is hard. At this point, starting him again will be pitching him against the fans who are now coming at him and Arteta during games. He needs a slow transition at this point. He can watch from the bench and transition slowly into the team as a sub. Arsenal fans are on the edge right now because of how last season ended and you can see it from their response when we are playing poorly.

Vieira is showing traits of why we got him. Nothings beats decisiveness on the ball and that is what Vieira seems to have learned. I agree with you that ESR is a better option but coaches pick players who are in form. If you notice, Trossard wasn’t even an option yesterday. Vieira has come on this season and produced a goal, PK and assist with decisive actions immediately he receives the ball. I want to ESR but with Vieira’s form, it would be tough, especially if your MCM continues to start Havertz.

That left side is the most important side of the pitch when we start Zinny because that is where we are inverting from. Zinny did one hell of a job as a CM and Gabu was excellent in covering and anticipating plays. Martinelli ran his socks off yesterday and even though I did not see the incisiveness in the final third, he won important corner kicks and throwing. However, he needs to help us more when we are without the ball.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:55pm On Sep 04, 2023
Roland17:

Transitioning new players into a team, especially one that is successful is hard. At this point, starting him again will be pitching him against the fans who are now coming at him and Arteta during games. He needs a slow transition at this point. He can watch from the bench and transition slowly into the team as a sub. Arsenal fans are on the edge right now because of how last season ended and you can see it from their response when we are playing poorly.

Vieira is showing traits of why we got him. Nothings beats decisiveness on the ball and that is what Vieira seems to have learned. I agree with you that ESR is a better option but coaches pick players who are in form. If you notice, Trossard wasn’t even an option yesterday. Vieira has come on this season and produced a goal, PK and assist with decisive actions immediately he receives the ball. I want to ESR but with Vieira’s form, it would be tough, especially if your MCM continues to start Havertz.

That left side is the most important side of the pitch when we start Zinny because that is where we are inverting from. Zinny did one hell of a job as a CM and Gabu was excellent in covering and anticipating plays. Martinelli ran his socks off yesterday and even though I did not see the incisiveness in the final third, he won important corner kicks and throwing. However, he needs to help us more when we are without the ball.

My fear in using Vieira in that LAM position is his defensive ability due to his frail nature. If defending is not a problem, Vieira is very potent going forward and he has his tail up in confidence.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:00pm On Sep 04, 2023
Onkoolos:

God punish offside rules. Why does u guys like using ojoro. Rasmond hojlund was foul, var didnt see that . It shall never be well with var and antony taylor
You need tissue, handkerchief or bucket?

As VAR did not favour you today you want thunder to fire them.

How did you see the midfield combo of Casemiro, Erickson and Bruno compared to other top teams like Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2023
daveP:

Yes. His only challenge is going forward. That is why as long as we invert midfielders or play a back three he won't play if Zinny is not available.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:02pm On Sep 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:

If this was correct then man u goal against city shouldn't have stood last season
I am sure the offside rules wasn't touched this season
The rule was touched.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:05pm On Sep 04, 2023
Jodera:
Did you look at that picture well?

Garnacho's leg was certainly onside, it was his body abi armpit that they claimed was off.

Also, it was Gabriel's head that was used in measuring the offside. Just try and look at the pic well and the offside marker of the respective players
I don't know of the picture, what VAR used was Gabriel's head and Gernacho's leg. Gernacho's hands were way off.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 6:19pm On Sep 04, 2023
Spy360:

My fear in using Vieira in that LAM position is his defensive ability due to his frail nature. If defending is not a problem, Vieira is very potent going forward and he has his tail up in confidence.

You are absolutely right about Vieira’s defensive frailties. The times we have introduced him, we were desperately in search of a goal and stayed aggressive attacking so he did not need to defend.

I liked what I saw with Rice yesterday, otherwise, I would have suggested pushing him to the LM while Partey sits deep but Partey is injured. I think the best bet would be to give ESR a chance because Havertz isn’t cutting it for us.

Our next game is against Everton. They play a 5 man midfield, if you include A. Dacoure who now plays the 10 position and they are all physical players. Remember, we lost same fixture by 1-0 last season and I lost it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3198) (3199) (3200) (3201) (3202) (3203) (3204) ... (3543) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.