Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,278 members, 7,867,735 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:55 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2366527 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3199) (3200) (3201) (3202) (3203) (3204) (3205) ... (3554) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
Jodera:
I don't know how this Man will see arsenal playing football without Havertz and still insist on playing Havertz.

We no dey enjoy our premium enjoyment with this Havertz matter.
I don tell una make una make up una mind. Next match, Havertz go still start. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
Roland17:
Big shout out to Nelson, man came in with a sense of urgency. He was attacking every blade of grass in front of him with intention, forcing United to remain deep. He has carried on from where he stopped last season and I hope to see him get more minutes in Cup competitions.
He used to be my favorite academy player but his frequent injuries are really frustrating. If he can stay fit, man will cook.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:13pm On Sep 04, 2023
ObaIgwe1:
See how Arteta kept defending Havertz after all the obvious mistakes and how Ten Hag threw Sancho under the bus. The guy was forced to come out and openly defend himself
If you expect Arteta to criticize a player in front of the media, you must be a new Arsenal fan. Arteta rarely does such. And he has my respect for that. As for Havertz, I think confidence is his problem. Add that to his Chelsea reputation and you will see why he is getting backlash left and right. I really hope he get that confidence back.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:15pm On Sep 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Ceballos didn’t flop
He was a loan player, players like Kim kardasian and Dennis Suarez flopped
Which Kim flopped? You forgot his penalty goal was instrumental for our first silverware in years. Please respect Lord Kim abeg... grin grin grin

I will never understand wetin Wenger dey think when he signed him sha...

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:21pm On Sep 04, 2023
mostob:
Which Kim flopped? You forgot his penalty goal was instrumental for our first silverware in years. Please respect Lord Kim abeg... grin grin grin

I will never understand wetin Wenger dey think when he signed him sha...
Lol anyone can score PK
Moreover flapfianski have saved 2 already
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2023
ObaIgwe1:
And from this angle one can see how obvious the offside is and the brilliant effort of Gabu causing it.
Spy360, look at this screenshot again.
If it's the leg, then he's definitely onside.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2023
mostob:
I don tell una make una make up una mind. Next match, Havertz go still start. grin grin grin
I know Havertz will start. Like I said, I can manage that a bit as long as our back 4 is not touched or Partey doesn't play RB.

If you watch our ball ystdy, you'll know he was our only weak link. Prior to ystdy match, we had so many weak links even though we were dominating.

Isn't it surprising that it was only ystdy match that we weren't under pressure during the dying minutes. That's what you get when your core or solidity of a team is present.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Lol anyone can score PK Moreover flapfianski have saved 2 already
grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2023
Jodera:
I know Havertz will start. Like I said, I can manage that a bit as long as our back 4 is not touched or Partey doesn't play RB.

If you watch our ball ystdy, you'll know he was our only weak link. Prior to ystdy match, we had so many weak links even though we were dominating.

Isn't it surprising that it was only ystdy match that we weren't under pressure during the dying minutes. That's what you get when your core or solidity of a team is present.
Hopefully Partey is back against Everton. Na pity I just dey pity this Havertz. Man is not even trying at all.... Truly, I did say we should give him time and even tried to justify why we signed him. However, since that backpass against Fulham, I don comot hand. For the sake of our 65m, I hope.he clicks.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:53pm On Sep 04, 2023
Jodera:
Spy360, look at this screenshot again.
If it's the leg, then he's definitely onside.
I don't know about that screenshot as the original picture. But offside rules now only map those body parts that can be used make contact with the ball. That is head and leg. The VAR check was Gabriel's head Vs Gernacho's leg.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 8:00pm On Sep 04, 2023
Roland17:

You are absolutely right about Vieira’s defensive frailties. The times we have introduced him, we were desperately in search of a goal and stayed aggressive attacking so he did not need to defend.

I liked what I saw with Rice yesterday, otherwise, I would have suggested pushing him to the LM while Partey sits deep but Partey is injured. I think the best bet would be to give ESR a chance because Havertz isn’t cutting it for us.

Our next game is against Everton. They play a 5 man midfield, if you include A. Dacoure who now plays the 10 position and they are all physical players. Remember, we lost same fixture by 1-0 last season and I lost it.
If we will use Vieira then whoever is playing LFB should not overlap. Vieira will now have to do the off the ball run to allow Martinelli to cut in or receive the ball and cross in.

In all I'd like to see ESR in that role and he has always been my preferred choice as he is right footed.

Our formation has a way of pinning the opponent down in their own half. I five man midfiield will either dominate us or expose their defense.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2023
mostob:
Hopefully Partey is back against Everton. Na pity I just dey pity this Havertz. Man is not even trying at all.... Truly, I did say we should give him time and even tried to justify why we signed him. However, since that backpass against Fulham, I don comot hand. For the sake of our 65m, I hope.he clicks.
I heard Partey is probably out for 6weeks

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
Spy360:

I don't know about that screenshot as the original picture. But offside rules now only map those body parts that can be used make contact with the ball. That is head and leg. The VAR check was Gabriel's head Vs Gernacho's leg.
That is the official and original var/EPL screenshot. It's everywhere

Big evidence is right in front of you but you're just holding onto your opinion.

Provide valid links or screenshot that validates this your rule you said except you're making it up
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2023
Spy360:

Yes. His only challenge is going forward. That is why as long as we invert midfielders or play a back three he won't play if Zinny is not available.

We should sha look for one winger to offer something different from Saka for this season. Guy has missed 3 sitters this new season alone. Not saying he's not good. But something different.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 8:47pm On Sep 04, 2023
daveP:

We should sha look for one winger to offer something different from Saka for this season. Guy has missed 3 sitters this new season alone. Not saying he's not good. But something different.
Let's just leave Saka cuz I remembered last season, something like this happened at the beginning of season where he missed some goals and some thought he's loosing his mojo only for the dude to pick up almost immediately..

Look forward to another great feat from Omo Ologo (as Roland calls him).
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2023
Jodera:

I heard Partey is probably out for 6weeks
Wetin dey do this guy sef.... why groin of all places. He better go and marry make all these small girls no go spoil his ......hmmm
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:30pm On Sep 04, 2023
mostob:
Wetin dey do this guy sef.... why groin of all places. He better go and marry make all these small girls no go spoil his ......hmmm
He they practice ungodly styles not mummy and daddy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:36pm On Sep 04, 2023
Shegzdave:

Let's just leave Saka cuz I remembered last season, something like this happened at the beginning of season where he missed some goals and some thought he's loosing his mojo only for the dude to pick up almost immediately..

Look forward to another great feat from Omo Ologo (as Roland calls him).
So in one word, Saka na Tiger generator wey dey get plug problem when you wan start am but immediately it starts, no going back.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:05am On Sep 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Ref watch on sky sports new by 11.30
It's almost time

INCIDENT: Declan Rice scores from a corner while Jonny Evans grapples with Gabriel - Man Utd want the goal disallowed and a free-kick awarded.

DERMOT SAYS: It could have been a foul the other way. They're both grappling with each other. In the end, Evans throws Gabriel out of the way. 

It's a difficult call. The referee has got a perfect view. It could have easily gone the other way which would have been a penalty.

INCIDENT: Alejandro Garnacho is played through on goal, before beating Aaron Ramsdale, only for the goal to be ruled out for offside by the VAR .

DERMOT SAYS: This is what VAR is for - if they put the lines across and say it is offside, it is just offside. Once you put the lines on, you can see that Gabriel has not tilted quite as far forward as Garnacho. 

INCIDENT: Rasmus Hojlund goes down in the area under a challenge from Gabriel. Should a penalty have been awarded?

DERMOT SAYS: There's physical contact but the defender is just too strong. Hojlund pushes the ball too far and Gabriel holds his ground, he doesn't do anything wrong. 
You see this all the time and I'd have been stunned if Anthony Taylor had given anything for it. 

INCIDENT: Bukayo Saka is shown a yellow card for a lunging tackle on Bruno Fernandes. Should the Arsenal winger have been sent off? 

DERMOT SAYS: Saka is fouled first but he still follows through. The fact he is low and has come from such short distance, there's no intensity, makes it a yellow card rather than a red. 
Cc blueraydick

INCIDENT: Kai Havertz goes over in the box under a challenge from Aaron Wan-Bissaka, with referee Anthony Taylor awarding a penalty that was subsequently overturned by the VAR.

DERMOT SAYS: Hand on heart, when I saw that yesterday, I thought penalty. When I saw the second replay, I changed my mind 100 per cent.

For me, I thought he tripped him, but when I saw the replay, Wan-Bissaka places his foot and Havertz goes into him.

So the right decision has been come to and that is what we want, we talked about it last week.

I have accepted the Saka challenge as yellow jare . Thank God he didn’t even give him red erroneoulsy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:12am On Sep 05, 2023
Spy360:

Why not share a screenshot or link to this new rule u kept on talking about ? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:22am On Sep 05, 2023
The two situations are in a face-to-face position, but the way the two players handle it is the point that makes the difference.

Lacazette chose to finish in a difficult position and brought the ball to the crossbar. Gabriel Jesus calmly turned the ball to help triple the chance of a goal and successfully put the ball into the net.

The situation clearly shows the change in Arsenal's quality and play at the moment and this is still not the best version that Mikel Arteta is aiming for for the squad.

[Lloyd Morris Taylor]

When I always call Lacazette non-scoring striker , people thought I was being unfair to him or I don’t like him but just look at the difference in player quality and decision making

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:35am On Sep 05, 2023
Jodera:
That is the official and original var/EPL screenshot. It's everywhere

Big evidence is right in front of you but you're just holding onto your opinion.

Provide valid links or screenshot that validates this your rule you said except you're making it up
https://leadership.ng/fifa-to-test-new-changes-to-offside-rules/

Cc Blueraydick

Pls why can't I upload images. The cloudflare blocks it.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:02am On Sep 05, 2023
Spy360:

https://leadership.ng/fifa-to-test-new-changes-to-offside-rules/

Cc Blueraydick

Pls why can't I upload images. The cloudflare blocks it.

This link u posted did not confirm the change in as u painted it has been effected . It only talks about Arsene Wenger’s suggestion which FIFA are considering “giving a trial” .

When this trial will be carried out was not mentioned ,if it has already been carried out and approval granted was also not mentioned .

I did a personal search myself and confirm the only change to the offside rule this season has nothing to do with what u’ve described in ur posts . The only change to the offside rule is that if a ball touches let’s say Dalot before Touching Saka while in an offside position, Saka would still be adjudged offside.

I think the new rule u are quoting in ur posts is ur own imagination o

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:07am On Sep 05, 2023
BlueRayDick:

This link u posted did not confirm the change in as u painted it has been effected . It only talks about Arsene Wenger’s suggestion which FIFA are considering “giving a trial” .

When this trial will be carried out was not mentioned ,if it has already been carried out and approval granted was also not mentioned .

I did a personal search myself and confirm the only change to the offside rule this season has nothing to do with what u’ve described in ur posts . The only change to the offside rule is that if a ball touches let’s say Dalot before Touching Saka while in an offside position, Saka would still be adjudged offside.

I have modified the post with screenshot. Yours is a more recent change basically for PL. Mine is a FIFA rule. In fact they want to improve on it to favour the attacking player
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:09am On Sep 05, 2023
Spy360:

Kindly screenshot the link I posted, I can't post images, don't know why.

Here

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:10am On Sep 05, 2023
The cloudflare nonsense has been a pain in the arse for months now. What I do when I want to upload picture is using Brave Browser either on phone on PC . It seems that’s the only way my pictures get uploaded .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:12am On Sep 05, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Here
See modifications to previous post
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:42am On Sep 05, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Exactly there was little or no changes in the offside rule this season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:44am On Sep 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Exactly there was little or no changes in the offside rule this season

I come dey surprised since Sunday seeing spy repeating the same line over and over again yet didn’t back his claim up with an official source to the “new rule “
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 05, 2023
Who remembers that the pass Viera dropped for Jesus for the goal, Martinelli was in a similar position last season against City but chose to run with the ball instead of a one time pass.

He could have done same on Sunday.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:12am On Sep 05, 2023
kokaneprodigy:
Who remembers that the pass Viera dropped for Jesus for the goal, Martinelli was in a similar position last season against City but chose to run with the ball instead of a one time pass.

He could have done same on Sunday.
You came late and it was lfc
Cc jodera

(1) (2) (3) ... (3199) (3200) (3201) (3202) (3203) (3204) (3205) ... (3554) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Roland17(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.