Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,314 members, 7,867,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 03:49 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2366800 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3200) (3201) (3202) (3203) (3204) (3205) (3206) ... (3554) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:

You came late and it was lfc
Cc jodera
Yeah LFC

My mind just went there this morning.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:34am On Sep 05, 2023
kokaneprodigy:
Who remembers that the pass Viera dropped for Jesus for the goal, Martinelli was in a similar position last season against City but chose to run with the ball instead of a one time pass.

He could have done same on Sunday.

That's one of the problems of Martinelli ; always looking down when he has the ball at his feet instead of looking up to see an unmarked teammate
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:00am On Sep 05, 2023
Spy360:

https://leadership.ng/fifa-to-test-new-changes-to-offside-rules/

Cc Blue.raydick

Pls why can't I upload images. The cloudflare blocks it.
Hian, what you uploaded is fifa rules na.

FIFA rules is very very different from EPL rules(or league rules).

And all these while I was thinking you were even talking about new EPL rules lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:14am On Sep 05, 2023
Jodera:
Hian, what you uploaded is fifa rules na.

FIFA rules is very very different from EPL rules(or league rules).

And all these while I was thinking you were even talking about new EPL rules lipsrsealed
Are PL rules done outside FIFA?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:15am On Sep 05, 2023
kokaneprodigy:
Who remembers that the pass Viera dropped for Jesus for the goal, Martinelli was in a similar position last season against City but chose to run with the ball instead of a one time pass.

He could have done same on Sunday.
My guy just go troway pass that day grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:15am On Sep 05, 2023
Spy360:

Are PL rules done outside FIFA?
Who doesn't know this before?

Like you didn't know?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:25am On Sep 05, 2023
Jodera:

Who doesn't know this before?

Like you didn't know?? shocked shocked shocked
PL introduces minor changes like how much contact, how many subs or how refs are treated etc but not core football rules like offside or penalty.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:34am On Sep 05, 2023
Nicolas Pepe will join Besiktas. The player passed a medical in Paris today. Pepe accepted Besiktas’ proposal in ‘recent hours’, after initially rejecting them earlier in this transfer window.

£2m Loan deal with obligation to buy for £6m.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:47am On Sep 05, 2023
BlueRayDick:

That's one of the problems of Martinelli ; always looking down when he has the ball at his feet instead of looking up to see an unmarked teammate
The only time he did that against Man u, we scored through Odegaard.

Sometimes, he should be looking up for good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:50am On Sep 05, 2023
Spy360:
PL introduces minor changes like how much contact, how many subs or how refs are treated etc but not core football rules like offside or penalty.
No deh argue this thing na.
Even Blueray showed you new EPL rules and it contradicts with FIFA and you're still holding onto what I don't know.

Sometimes, it's doesn't take anything away from you to admit you're wrong.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:32am On Sep 05, 2023
mostob:
Nicolas Pepe will join Besiktas. The player passed a medical in Paris today. Pepe accepted Besiktas’ proposal in ‘recent hours’, after initially rejecting them earlier in this transfer window.

Is Pepe mad ? grin

So he's even rejecting offers? I don't blame him sha, it's the people that sanction his purchase in the first place I blame
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:42am On Sep 05, 2023
mostob:

6m out of 75m we spent shocked shocked
Aye oo, it will never be well with who ever authorized the deal and everyone involve in it

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
Jodera:
The only time he did that against Man u, we scored through Odegaard.

Sometimes, he should be looking up for good

That's why a more experienced coach would buy a more experienced winger so the young chap can learn one or two or begin to think better ways to approach a situo when he chop bench taya. If Nelli can just change two key parts of his game, he will become that telepathic partner that Odegaard needs. Odegaard is ALWAYS in spots that Nelli can assist a goal from. But guy mo dey look up. I can count how many pass and shoot that would have made Nelli seen in a new light from last season alone. But....

As much as i love our versatility currently, we need experience in this team again. Like actual experience. The young boys need it. Yunno. Auba was someone that had influence on Saka decision making before all those chaotic Gbasgbos began.

We have Trossard but coach loves playing him as a 9. Every time that happens, we see that Trossard is more involved outside the box than inside the box. Yet... Yet!!!

We can enjoy the thrill for now, but we shouldn't wait till we jam another sporting Lisbon before we start reacting.

Overall, Odegaard is a gem. We aren't hyping him enough.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:

6m out of 75m we spent shocked shocked
Aye oo, it will never be well with who ever authorized the deal and everyone involve in it
We for just use the guy till January comes. Mtchew.

Meanwhile, post match analysis

Pay attention to the Havertz part. https://twitter.com/EBL2017/status/1698656097094045863?t=QfTyS_A7UFB2_SJ9hZewIw&s=19
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2023
daveP:
We for just use the guy till January comes. Mtchew.

Meanwhile, post match analysis

Pay attention to the Havertz part. https://twitter.com/EBL2017/status/1698656097094045863?t=QfTyS_A7UFB2_SJ9hZewIw&s=19
Bros I no care about kaikai he's short one and we don't need him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Bros I no care about kaikai he's short one and we don't need him
Did you read the tweet. I'm affirming my initial stance on Kai now. I don't need any pundit or analyst to change what i know about him.😂😂
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:20pm On Sep 05, 2023
daveP:
Did you read the tweet. I'm affirming my initial stance on Kai now. I don't need any pundit or analyst to change what i know about him.😂😂
Honestly I didn't
A blind can see that kaikai is our weak link
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:34pm On Sep 05, 2023
daveP:

That's why a more experienced coach would buy a more experienced winger so the young chap can learn one or two or begin to think better ways to approach a situo when he chop bench taya. If Nelli can just change two key parts of his game, he will become that telepathic partner that Odegaard needs. Odegaard is ALWAYS in spots that Nelli can assist a goal from. But guy mo dey look up. I can count how many pass and shoot that would have made Nelli seen in a new light from last season alone. But....

As much as i love our versatility currently, we need experience in this team again. Like actual experience. The young boys need it. Yunno. Auba was someone that had influence on Saka decision making before all those chaotic Gbasgbos began.

We have Trossard but coach loves playing him as a 9. Every time that happens, we see that Trossard is more involved outside the box than inside the box. Yet... Yet!!!

We can enjoy the thrill for now, but we shouldn't wait till we jam another sporting Lisbon before we start reacting.

Overall, Odegaard is a gem. We aren't hyping him enough.

To me, experience is not only by age but by what one can do effectively due to past endeavours and improvements. Martinelli have been in our starting 11 for how many years now? I think he has that experience, just improvement he needs to work on

Not saying we don't need competition with Martinelli if we can but I feel he just needs improvement in some grey areas(decision making and outside finishing) and he'll be world class. Mind you, most top teams in EPL would pick Martinelli in a heartbeat

Also, that Lisbon match we played (which we lost on penalties btw), we used mostly our second 11 and returning injured players to gain rhythm. I don't know why you're using that match to access the strength of our team. I still feel it's not a fair picture grin

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 1:41pm On Sep 05, 2023
mostob:
So in one word, Saka na Tiger generator wey dey get plug problem when you wan start am but immediately it starts, no going back.
Be like so grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:46pm On Sep 05, 2023
DaveP, I know you would love for us to have that striker that will be scoring 20-30+ goals for us. While that isn't bad but sometimes it breeds this over reliance of other players on him(sometimes subconsciously).

See Saka for example, he wasn't a good/frequent goalscorer when Auba was here. He was always looking for Auba even if 3 people were marking him thus making us one dimensional sometimes but since the time he left, he took it upon himself to start scoring. Same with Odegaard too.

My Mantra is that, If you see chance, just score, we don't have to concentrate it on one person. Reason why I was critical of Jesus before his injury last season. He had the big opportunity to have at least double figure(or close to) before the first half of last season but he wasted big chances.

We don't really need that one 20+ goalscorer if we can get five 15+ goalscorers. It's always healthy that way. See against Man u, with the way we were pressing, I was certain a goal can come from anywhere. If it was during Auba time, I would be praying for him to score cos of he doesn't, we're doomed except of course any of our players head touch that day and score

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
Jodera:
To me, experience is not only by age but by what one can do effectively due to past endeavours and improvements. Martinelli have been in our starting 11 for how many years now? I think he has that experience, just improvement he needs to work on

Not saying we don't need competition with Martinelli if we can but I feel he just needs improvement in some grey areas(decision making and outside finishing) and he'll be world class. Mind you, most top teams in EPL would pick Martinelli in a heartbeat

Also, that Lisbon match we played (which we lost on penalties btw), we used mostly our second 11 and returning injured players to gain rhythm. I don't know why you're using that match to access the strength of our team. I still feel it's not a fair picture grin

Trossard is already a decent deputy for Martinelli; there's no need packing the team with 3-4 players playing the same position and the coach will be having headache trying to make all of them happy. Martinelli needs to improve some aspects of his game like u rightly pointed out and the coach can start Trossard ahead of him when the need arises. Not forgetting we have other utility players that can be used in the position as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
BlueRayDick:

Trossard is already a decent deputy for Martinelli; there's no need packing the team with 3-4 players playing the same position and the coach will be having headache trying to make all of them happy. Martinelli needs to improve some aspects of his game like u rightly pointed out and the coach can start Trossard ahead of him when the need arises. Not forgetting we have other utility players that can be used in the position as well.
Thank you very much.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2023
Jorginho has been a big brother and a true Arsenal dressing room leader.

This man is really enjoying his time with Arsenal. Jorginho couldn't even focus on the warm-up to prepare to be thrown into the match, but he celebrated hysterically when Declan Rice scored.

The midfielder also continuously directed, shouted to encourage his teammates not to give up when the match was not over. No different from an assistant coach outside the touchline.

Jorginho's role seems to be getting bigger and bigger at the Emirates Stadium. Really admire the behavior and dedication of this man.

Your thoughts...

#Arsenal

4 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2023
I really wish we have the depth at the RW like we have on the left wing.

At the right wing, we have the wide forward type 5 (Martinelli), we have the proper winger (Nelson) and we have the creative one (Trossard). Saka alone combines this three but he need a backup. Make interhouse cup start asap make we see Lucky Dube.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 4:56pm On Sep 05, 2023
mostob:

This is pure Fraud! How on earth are we losing so much on a player. That's why I am always against paying over the odds for any player. The cons are always more than the pros. Chelsea right now is a good example.

If we set a price then we stick to it else we revamp our scouting network to much better just like Brighton is doing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:04pm On Sep 05, 2023
Jodera:
Dave P, I know you would love for us to have that striker that will be scoring 20-30+ goals for us. While that isn't bad but sometimes it breeds this over reliance of other players on him(sometimes subconsciously).

See Saka for example, he wasn't a good/frequent goalscorer when Auba was here. He was always looking for Auba even if 3 people were marking him thus making us one dimensional sometimes but since the time he left, he took it upon himself to start scoring. Same with Odegaard too.

My Mantra is that, If you see chance, just score, we don't have to concentrate it on one person. Reason why I was critical of Jesus before his injury last season. He had the big opportunity to have at least double figure(or close to) before the first half of last season but he wasted big chances.

We don't really need that one 20+ goalscorer if we can get five 15+ goalscorers. It's always healthy that way. See against Man u, with the way we were pressing, I was certain a goal can come from anywhere. If it was during Auba time, I would be praying for him to score cos of he doesn't, we're doomed except of course any of our players head touch that day and score

We need. Especially as Arteta is not yet Pep Guardiola yet. We are back to exceptionally serious football. We will need such a player for grand stages. Every big team, at most have such a player. Once again, unless you are Pep, you can't execute terror on the grandstage or get respected more than you currently enjoy.

Maybe I'm overprojecting
Maybe i just see the future
Maybe i just want us to sustain tempo, get an upgrade
Maybe i just want us to be that team everyone fears like Madrid with Benzema, Bayern with Lewa, City with Haaland, etc
I'm a 'on the move' person.

Sporting Lisbon Days(my new slang for days we are tactically outsmarted/days we fall short) will come and we don't want it to be the question pundits will ask during halftime or fulltime.

"We are just too good, but we needed that pointman"

Of course we can play like this for next 3years. But we need to go two steps ahead. Teams that have such don't fully rely on them.

For me, there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with becoming better than what we are seeing and loving right now. Infact many top european teams can play without such a pointman. But we know what the presence of one does to any backline anyday, anytime.

That's why I'm clamoring for it.

88 today. Then lets go 100+ with such player.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
Jodera:

No deh argue this thing na.
Even Blueray showed you new EPL rules and it contradicts with FIFA and you're still holding onto what I don't know.

Sometimes, it's doesn't take anything away from you to admit you're wrong.
Are you saying that PL offside rule includes any part of the body?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
Jodera:

You said the fact. Experience is not only by age. But for whatever definition it stands for in this context, time is a factor and so age is involved. A player like Ibrahimovic has hone across all big leagues and is an experienced baller. Now be he younger or older, he has garnered experienced in a context to know how to play against teams from that league.

We need it!!

As for Lisbon game, youre right but we were also tactically outmaneuvered. That was obvious. Plus the mistakes. We also realized that night how easy an experienced defender can silence our young wingers. Plus having no alternative (this fits your angle)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 5:15pm On Sep 05, 2023
mostob:
I really wish we have the depth at the RW like we have on the left wing.

At the right wing, we have the wide forward type 5 (Martinelli), we have the proper winger (Nelson) and we have the creative one (Trossard). Saka alone combines this three but he need a backup. Make interhouse cup start asap make we see Lucky Dube.

Exactly. We've improved greatly in depth at least. But these forwards need deputies/competition. Plus Trossard dey but Teta no wan allow the guy play his natural position.

We don't need to wait for a day Saka is Injured and we start experiment with formation and position. Naaah.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2023
daveP:

We need. Especially as Arteta is not yet Pep Guardiola yet. We are back to exceptionally serious football. We will need such a player for grand stages. Every big team, at most have such a player. Once again, unless you are Pep, you can't execute terror on the grandstage or get respected more than you currently enjoy.

Maybe I'm overprojecting
Maybe i just see the future
Maybe i just want us to sustain tempo, get an upgrade
Maybe i just want us to be that team everyone fears like Madrid with Benzema, Bayern with Lewa, City with Haaland, etc
I'm a 'on the move' person.

Sporting Lisbon Days(my new slang for days we are tactically outsmarted/days we fall short) will come and we don't want it to be the question pundits will ask during halftime or fulltime.

"We are just too good, but we needed that pointman"

Of course we can play like this for next 3years. But we need to go two steps ahead. Teams that have such don't fully rely on them.

For me, there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with becoming better than what we are seeing and loving right now. Infact many top european teams can play without such a pointman. But we know what the presence of one does to any backline anyday, anytime.

That's why I'm clamoring for it.

88 today. Then lets go 100+ with such player.
Well, I don't think anybody is against us improving.

Can we reach a 100+ with five or more players scoring 20+ goals??

Or do you think it's impossible?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:31pm On Sep 05, 2023
daveP:

You said the fact. Experience is not only by age. But for whatever definition it stands for in this context, time is a factor and so age is involved. A player like Ibrahimovic has hone across all big leagues and is an experienced baller. Now be he younger or older, he has garnered experienced in a context to know how to play against teams from that league.

We need it!!

As for Lisbon game, youre right but we were also tactically outmaneuvered. That was obvious. Plus the mistakes. We also realized that night how easy an experienced defender can silence our young wingers. Plus having no alternative (this fits your angle)
What type of experienced players do you have in mind presently (esp attackers) that you think we should get that would take us to that next level?

Would you be happy if we get a Benzema, Lewy or Cavani as our striker because they have great experience?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2023
Spy360:

Are you saying that PL offside rule includes any part of the body?
Even that picture that ObaI.gwe posted answered this question. Try and look at it again

That screenshot invalidated your stance about the "new offside rule".

(1) (2) (3) ... (3200) (3201) (3202) (3203) (3204) (3205) (3206) ... (3554) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.