Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,941 members, 7,863,329 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:33 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2362391 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3334) (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) (3339) (3340) ... (3550) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:49pm On Jan 11
Unlimited22:

That guy is the weapon fashioned against whatever team he plays for

No lies. Na just to hope say him turn out good no matter how.

But then, it's looking like "if it didn't dey, then it didn't dey" cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:54pm On Jan 11
daveP:

A striker incoming will automatically help our goals and forward rotations. Jesus doesn't need to be benched. He can play either wings and work well with the actual 9 like Laca and Auba did seasons ago.

One funny thing is Laca made that central attack region from centre circle to pk spot, his own. Since he left, dominating that exact region left with him.🤣

If we can get a goal scorer ONLY, the attacking wahala will reduce from a 88 to a 39. We will just need to change transition style and if it works, it becomes the tweak of the season. Infact a fit Partey and a 9 will be enough goal threat combo from long balls. I really hope we beat this ffp limit. I hate the timing. But Kai arrival was part.

As for Rams, he's still himself. I like that so much. Nelson no just get sense that night.
Kai kai spoilt a lot of things Tbh.

What this season just lacks so far is finishers.

I've watched our games again starting from Aston Villa and I noticed that we're not as bad as the way we're made to look(bar the Fulham match). What we just lack was finishing and if we'd done that, all these meltdown wouldn't really have been much.

We need that Spark for goals and we need CF. Especially as you said, to change transition

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:00pm On Jan 11
mostob:
Why you go dey vex for me? Na me be the coach? I merely told you people the exact reason Gabriel was benched. Arteta had a good motive for benching Gabu and Ramsdale. However, the issue is the implementation.

I no wan go Ramsdale own because we all know the only motive is sentiments.

As for Gabu, I once asked a question. What is the motive of benching your best CB pairing and putting a weaker one?. Not that, you have issues with this CB o (discipline-wise or otherwise) nor that this CB was very below par in performances.

Then Partey at RB. This one naim even vex me pass.

I've never seen where a coach benches his best player because of unpredictability. In fact, he "centers" the unpredictability on that player
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:05pm On Jan 11
mostob:
New tactic. He wanted to be unpredictable. On the long run, it would have been beneficial.
You think it would have been beneficial if Gabu was mostly on the bench while Partey(RB) and White (Rcb) dey play defence barring Injuries?

Wawwuuu!!

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:10pm On Jan 11
Jodera:

I no wan go Ramsdale own because we all know the only motive is sentiments.

As for Gabu, I once asked a question. What is the motive of benching your best CB pairing and putting a weaker one?. Not that, you have issues with this CB o (discipline-wise or otherwise) nor that this CB was very below par in performances.

Then Partey at RB. This one naim even vex me pass.

I've never seen where a coach benches his best player because of unpredictability. In fact, he "centers" the unpredictability on that player
City were able to cope with KDB and Haaland's absence. As a coach, I would want to build a system where the unavailability of my best players won't hurt the team too much. You need to have a variety of tactics that will compensate for your key player's absence. I still repeat the motives for both decisions are good. But I will fault him for two things.

1. Benching Ramsdale outrightly. The motive was to have two good goalkeepers pushing each other. Benching Ramsdale already gave Raya a head start.

2. Using Partey as inverted RB instead of Timber. (Partey ain't a stranger to RB sha)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:18pm On Jan 11
mostob:
The last time he played as 8, the field swallow am grin

Moreso, as Martinelli dey gba rubbish, only Trossard can come in for him.

The rubbish Havertz is playing is not as painful as the frustrating injuries in our squad.
Lol.. I think it was just once and field swallow him. We know what he can do in 8 and if given proper run of games like Havertz, he'll become very useful there.

I know how many times field swallow Havertz yet but still it didn't deter Arteta from still starting him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:28pm On Jan 11
mostob:
City were able to cope with KDB and Haaland's absence. As a coach, I would want to build a system where the unavailability of my best players won't hurt the team too much. You need to have a variety of tactics that will compensate for your key player's absence. I still repeat the motives for both decisions are good. But I will fault him for two things.

1. Benching Ramsdale outrightly. The motive was to have two good goalkeepers pushing each other. Benching Ramsdale already gave Raya a head start.

2. Using Partey as inverted RB instead of Timber. (Partey ain't a stranger to RB sha)
The reasons you gave up there is what most of us want. We want unpredictability but the personnel used was Wrong and that's exactly what made most of us here aggrieved..

If Partey is playing RB because ALL our RBs and possible RBs are injured, nobody will be angry but benching a RB and putting Partey? Haba!!
The few times Partey played there in athletico, it was for emergency same way Xhaka once played LB here for us. That doesn't mean we should keep on using him there once everyone is fit

Coaches are known to play the best of their teams. Weakening two areas purposely is never right all in the name of unpredictability.

Another thing is that City were able to cope with Kdb and Haaland absence Is because of quality depth. Alvarez for Haaland is the dream of any club.
Kdb for Alvarez (with a switch in 442) isn't bad at all.

It would have been crazy if Pep used Akanji to replace Haaland all in the name of unpredictability grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:30pm On Jan 11
Jodera:
Lol.. I think it was just once and field swallow him. We know what he can do in 8 and if given proper run of games like Havertz, he'll become very useful there.

I know how many times field swallow Havertz yet but still it didn't deter Arteta from still starting him
He also has injury issues too. Moreso, Trossard is deputising for Martinelli.

Well, you should know why Arteta is playing Havertz every matches.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:34pm On Jan 11
mostob:
He also has injury issues too. Moreso, Trossard is deputising for Martinelli.

Well, you should know why Arteta is playing Havertz every matches.
Yes... I know.

Because of Sentiments. Same thing with Raya!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:35pm On Jan 11
Jodera:

The reasons you gave up there is what most of us want. We want unpredictability but the personnel used was Wrong and that's exactly what made most of us here aggrieved..

If Partey is playing RB because ALL our RBs and possible RBs are injured, nobody will be angry but benching a RB and putting Partey? Haba!!
The few times Partey played there in athletico, it was for emergency same way Xhaka once played RB here for us. That doesn't mean we should keep on using him there once everyone is fit

Coaches are known to play the best of their teams. Weakening two areas purposely is never right all in the name of unpredictability.

Another thing is that City were able to cope with Kdb and Haaland absence Is because of quality depth. Alvarez for Haaland is the dream of any club.
Kdb for Alvarez (with a switch in 442) isn't bad at all.

It would have been crazy if Pep used Akanji to replace Haaland all in the name of unpredictability grin
You're talking as if Pep has never played Benardo as a LB before. Benardo o...that short man as LB? Akanji sef has been inverting into Midfield from defence this season whenever Stone is absent.
About the personnel, I already mentioned that before. He probably felt Partey would hold the field better (as the '1' in 3-1-6) that is why he opted for him. Remember none of our RBs are good midfielders (like Zinny in Midfield)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:48pm On Jan 11
Jodera:
Yes... I know.

Because of Sentiments. Same thing with Raya!! grin
It is not sentiment. He needed somebody to provide a physical presence up front for the long balls. Xhaka used to be our tallest among the front five before he left. None of Vieira, ESR and Trossard would have offered this. Raya is also better with long balls too. Perfect match! But are both doing the job as expected?

Left to me, he should have just gone for a pure striker instead.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:09pm On Jan 11
Technically, we should have a fully fit squad in Dubai if not for all these medical jargons. Vieira, Timber and Partey all partook in drills. Nairaland no let me upload pictures
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:10pm On Jan 11
mostob:
You're talking as if Pep has never played Benardo as a LB before. Benardo o...that short man as LB? Akanji sef has been inverting into Midfield from defence this season whenever Stone is absent.
About the personnel, I already mentioned that before. He probably felt Partey would hold the field better (as the '1' in 3-1-6) that is why he opted for him. Remember none of our RBs are good midfielders (like Zinny in Midfield)
He never played Bernardo consistently as an Lb. It's just a match or two and that's just because of tactical stuff for that intended match only(against us, it's to nullify Saka alongside Ake). He didn't use it as the norm.

Stones playing DM is not weird cos CB playing DM or DM playing CB isn't weird either. On many occasions, I've suggested White play as DM cos that's even one of his position cos it's easy for CB/DM to seamlessly interchange esp if it's a good ball playing CB. So Akanji replacing Stones is just direct replacement and nothing else.

Partey in RB was just all shades of wrong. And heaven knows it wasn't this season I started shouting about it. He started that nonsense against Nottingham forest when they beat us 1-0 last season. We could see how it was very very difficult for Partey to influence things
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:16pm On Jan 11
mostob:
It is not sentiment. He needed somebody to provide a physical presence up front for the long balls. Xhaka used to be our tallest among the front five before he left. None of Vieira, ESR and Trossard would have offered this. Raya is also better with long balls too. Perfect match! But are both doing the job as expected?

Left to me, he should have just gone for a pure striker instead.
Gbammm!
I remember last season, it was Partey and Xhaka winning aerial balls for us.
This season it ought to be Partey and Rice but he shifted Partey away from the Midfield.

Kai was really an unnecessary signing Tbh. Cos aside winning aerial balls, there's hardly anything exceptional he does in helping that attack in a "possession based attacking team". The signing might probably make sense if we're some Burnley/Stoke kinda team that plays route one football.

Either a striker or Saka deputy was what we really needed. How I needed Kudus. I know how beginning of season I was championing for his signature here

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:17pm On Jan 11
mostob:
Technically, we should have a fully fit squad in Dubai if not for all these medical jargons. Vieira, Timber and Partey all partook in drills. Nairaland no let me upload pictures
Na why I no dey post pics again.

The thing deh taya me

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:35pm On Jan 11
Tottenham newboy Radu Dragusin's agent Florin Manea:

"In three or four years I see him at Real Madrid.

"If he was 23-24 years old and had more experience, maybe he would have decided to go to Bayern, but I also took into account the age and competition."

This agent na comrade o.. see as he stylishly give Spurs uppercut grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:35pm On Jan 11
Jodera:
Na why I no dey post pics again.
The thing deh taya me
Tried several times this evening all to no avail.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ForValour: 9:19pm On Jan 11
Enjoying the lamentations...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hausa(m): 9:50pm On Jan 11
daveP:

A striker incoming will automatically help our goals and forward rotations. Jesus doesn't need to be benched. He can play either wings and work well with the actual 9 like Laca and Auba did seasons ago.

One funny thing is Laca made that central attack region from centre circle to pk spot, his own. Since he left, dominating that exact region left with him.🤣

If we can get a goal scorer ONLY, the attacking wahala will reduce from a 88 to a 39. We will just need to change transition style and if it works, it becomes the tweak of the season. Infact a fit Partey and a 9 will be enough goal threat combo from long balls. I really hope we beat this ffp limit. I hate the timing. But Kai arrival was part.

As for Rams, he's still himself. I like that so much. Nelson no just get sense that night.
Without a strong Odegaard backup, we'll be in 55.

He's the key to everything. But he doesn't have the grit to do the job when the heat comes.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hausa(m): 10:00pm On Jan 11
mostob:
Tottenham newboy Radu Dragusin's agent Florin Manea:

"In three or four years I see him at Real Madrid.

"If he was 23-24 years old and had more experience, maybe he would have decided to go to Bayern, but I also took into account the age and competition."

This agent na comrade o.. see as he stylishly give Spurs uppercut grin grin
When I see this, it hurts me everytime for Saka and Martinelli.

Football doesn't lie.
If in two years, and there's no significant growth in their game, Otilo.

I need a coach that can bring out the best in these guys before it's late.
Arteta has to go.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:49pm On Jan 11
mostob:
Even if you get a 100-goal striker, the problem will still persist. As we dey bash Arteta, the players too should be collecting their own bashing.

Your striker go dey inside box, Ode and Saka will be on the wing dancing atilogwu. Martinelli go dey play rubbish too

Haba na. No exaggerate am na. If we see semi-haaland right now, problem solved. The instincts of a goal scorer like Auba, for example, will help. But we know personnel seriously need step up. I for one will need a White and Zinny upgrade.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:51pm On Jan 11
Jodera:
Kai kai spoilt a lot of things Tbh.

What this season just lacks so far is finishers.

I've watched our games again starting from Aston Villa and I noticed that we're not as bad as the way we're made to look(bar the Fulham match). What we just lack was finishing and if we'd done that, all these meltdown wouldn't really have been much.

We need that Spark for goals and we need CF. Especially as you said, to change transition

You go add that Villa game o. They gave Fulham the pattern to use and it worked. That says a lot. Sometimes, it is knowing what to do when plans aren't working as expected that is the Major decider, not if one is better or not. We lacked that in all the losses.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:53pm On Jan 11
Hausa:
Without a strong Odegaard backup, we'll be in 55.

He's the key to everything. But he doesn't have the grit to do the job when the heat comes.

Last season i complained about him. Because he was the one restricting himself from doing what we expect him to do. He was always in the spot to shoot at the box 18 centre and he will be looking for a pass despite his mates opening up space for him. He picked up last dozen games of the season but it was late. If he is at full potential, he will be much more than whatever he currently is. That hesitation....

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:20am On Jan 12
Important pieces are set to return over the next two months. If we integrate them properly, we should be able to get our season back in order. Partey is going to be important, so will Jesus. Hopefully, Tomi returns from the Asian Cup without any injuries. I wish he did not go but that is beyond what Arsenal can control, especially if the player wants to participate. We should have a full squad by February, if everything goes accordingly and make that push.

This is still a good squad if properly managed with the right tactics. Don’t expect any signatures this January, I have been talking about FFP and it is a real thing for Arsenal. Also, instead of constantly relying on transfers to get him out of trouble, Arteta needs to learn how to coach this team out of the slide we are enduring, it is part of coaching.

#COYG

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:28am On Jan 12
Jodera
There's one Santiago gimenez in feyenoord
He looks tidy too, good ball control and a finisher
I doubt feyenoord will release him without a fight

I read arteta rejected around 30m from palace for nketiah
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 5:48am On Jan 12
iamoyindamola:
Jodera
There's one Santiago gimenez in feyenoord
He looks tidy too, good ball control and a finisher
I doubt feyenoord will release him without a fight

I read arteta rejected around 30m from palace for nketiah

Why can’t we go to Brazil or any South American country and get a winger with flair to deputize Saka ? Players like Luis Diaz of losperpool plenty for South America na.

Even strikers we can get them cheap in South America wella . Why must we buy overpriced Europeans all the time sef ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:12am On Jan 12
mostob:

1. The player that was actually given the head start was Ramsdale. He made a positional error when Saka gave a poor back pass that led to goal and was benched subsequently

2. If Timber plays inverted RB then Partey won't be in the squad because he is poor pushing towards the left during the invertion.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:14am On Jan 12
Roland17:
Important pieces are set to return over the next two months. If we integrate them properly, we should be able to get our season back in order. Partey is going to be important, so will Jesus. Hopefully, Tomi returns from the Asian Cup without any injuries. I wish he did not go but that is beyond what Arsenal can control, especially if the player wants to participate. We should have a full squad by February, if everything goes accordingly and make that push.

This is still a good squad if properly managed with the right tactics. Don’t expect any signatures this January, I have been talking about FFP and it is a real thing for Arsenal. Also, instead of constantly relying on transfers to get him out of trouble, Arteta needs to learn how to coach this team out of the slide we are enduring, it is part of coaching.

#COYG
Absolutely 💯
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:18am On Jan 12
Jodera:
Gbammm!
I remember last season, it was Partey and Xhaka winning aerial balls for us.
This season it ought to be Partey and Rice but he shifted Partey away from the Midfield.

Kai was really an unnecessary signing Tbh. Cos aside winning aerial balls, there's hardly anything exceptional he does in helping that attack in a "possession based attacking team". The signing might probably make sense if we're some Burnley/Stoke kinda team that plays route one football.

Either a striker or Saka deputy was what we really needed. How I needed Kudus. I know how beginning of season I was championing for his signature here
Kai signing was as a direct replacement for Xhaka. Tell me which other options you have
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by afrodoc2: 7:04am On Jan 12
Spy360:

Kai signing was as a direct replacement for Xhaka. Tell me which other options you have

Your Kai love is commendable, but it was the wrong move. You needed to sign a mobile CENTRAL MIDFIELDER with decent technique and passing not a hyena.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:33am On Jan 12
BlueRayDick:

Why can’t we go to Brazil or any South American country and get a winger with flair to deputize Saka ? Players like Luis Diaz of losperpool plenty for South America na.

Even strikers we can get them cheap in South America wella . Why must we buy overpriced Europeans all the time sef ?
Our scouts no try on this
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:47am On Jan 12
Spy360:

1. The player that was actually given the head start was Ramsdale. He made a positional error when Saka gave a poor back pass that led to goal and was benched subsequently

2. If Timber plays inverted RB then Partey won't be in the squad because he is poor pushing towards the left during the invertion.

1. That goal was a result of mix-up between Partey, White and Saka. I wouldn't fault Ramsdale.

2. Partey will play. Rice will move to 8.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3334) (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) (3339) (3340) ... (3550) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.