Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,032 members, 7,866,902 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:51 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2365803 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) (3339) (3340) (3341) ... (3553) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:49am On Jan 12
BlueRayDick:

Why can’t we go to Brazil or any South American country and get a winger with flair to deputize Saka ? Players like Luis Diaz of losperpool plenty for South America na.

Even strikers we can get them cheap in South America wella . Why must we buy overpriced Europeans all the time sef ?
To think Edu has links there too. One thing I like about those South American guy is they're rugged and tough.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:54am On Jan 12
mostob:
T
iamoyindamola post=127900438:

Our scouts no try on this
o think Edu has links there too. One thing I like about those South American guy is they're rugged and tough.

The scouts and Edu supposed work something out for us from that side instead of wasting substantial amounts pursuing mid players all over Europe. The South Americans would even take reasonable wages and it won't disorganize our wage structure.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:58am On Jan 12
daveP:

Haba na. No exaggerate am na. If we see semi-haaland right now, problem solved. The instincts of a goal scorer like Auba, for example, will help. But we know personnel seriously need step up. I for one will need a White and Zinny upgrade.
Semi-Haaland can only score if we are creating chances for him. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:13am On Jan 12
daveP:

You go add that Villa game o. They gave Fulham the pattern to use and it worked. That says a lot. Sometimes, it is knowing what to do when plans aren't working as expected that is the Major decider, not if one is better or not. We lacked that in all the losses.
Naaaahhhh, I won't add the Villa game. After their first goal, they hardly threatened and all their whole gameplay didn't work out at all. We had loads and loads of chances to score but we didn't. I mean, on several occasions we cut them open for a direct shot at goal but we fluffed it very well.

Fulham was the game in which we deserved to lose. They bodied us, their game plan was on point and we didn't have any chances at all. If we were clinical, the only match we would have dropped points going by the way we played is Fulham and possibly Liverpool(which to me was a fair draw)
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:20am On Jan 12
iamoyindamola:
Jodera
There's one Santiago gimenez in feyenoord
He looks tidy too, good ball control and a finisher
I doubt feyenoord will release him without a fight

I read arteta rejected around 30m from palace for nketiah
Yeah.. I've watched that guy's highlights and reviews and it all points that he's a good player but like you rightly said, feyenoord won't agree to his sale this winter reason why I no even bring him matter up.

Uhhmmm, if Arteta rejected 30m for Nketiah, I won't really fault him. If there's no hope of getting a better striker then it's better he holds onto Nketiah at least till summer.

But Arsenal really needs to sell Nketiah by summer
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:21am On Jan 12
Spy360:

Kai signing was as a direct replacement for Xhaka. Tell me which other options you have
Options dey..
If Kai gets injured, he won't be missed. That's to tell you options dey

Moreover, he shouldn't have been here in the first place
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:26am On Jan 12
mostob:

1. That goal was a result of mix-up between Partey, White and Saka. I wouldn't fault Ramsdale.

2. Partey will play. Rice will move to 8.

You really watch ball that day. I don dey suspect Spy360 small small. Nothing at all for that Fulham first goal have to do with Ramsdale one bit

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:31am On Jan 12
daveP:

Haba na. No exaggerate am na. If we see semi-haaland right now, problem solved. The instincts of a goal scorer like Auba, for example, will help. But we know personnel seriously need step up. I for one will need a White and Zinny upgrade.

True...
There are so many chances a real striker would have converted but it was really wasted.

One thing I noticed is that most of our attackers are always looking for cutbacks. Nobody is attacking the near post, so even if any of our wingers crosses the ball, it'll look as if it's crossed to nobody

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:38am On Jan 12
BlueRayDick:

The scouts and Edu supposed work something out for us from that side instead of wasting substantial amounts pursuing mid players all over Europe. The South Americans would even take reasonable wages and it won't disorganize our wage structure.

And to think Edu was a sporting director in a Brazilian league team before coming here, I dunno why he doesn't wants to utilize his influence there.

Let's just assume his Marquinhos deal was a mistake (miss), there are so many Brazilian/South America players that can ball in this team.

Sadly, na even Chelsea dey look that side pass us sef
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 8:49am On Jan 12
Jodera:

And to think Edu was a sporting director in a Brazilian league team before coming here, I dunno why he doesn't wants to utilize his influence there.

Let's just assume his Marquinhos deal was a mistake (miss), there are so many Brazilian/South America players that can ball in this team.

Sadly, na even Chelsea dey look that side pass us sef

It's so annoying seeing Loserpool getting quality South American players in recent years - Suarez, Coutinho, Firminho, Luis Diaz, Darwin Nunez, etc. and we no dey even explore the continent for top talents at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:28am On Jan 12
Partey is available for transfer
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:33am On Jan 12
BlueRayDick:

True...
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:21pm On Jan 12
mostob:
Semi-Haaland can only score if we are creating chances for him. grin
We are lucky to not be clueless in that regard. Plus the runs of a 9 will make releasing passes faster. We won't need to have all of them behind the ball to start attack. That's the faith.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:26pm On Jan 12
Jodera:

Naaaahhhh, I won't add the Villa game. After their first goal, they hardly threatened and all their whole gameplay didn't work out at all. We had loads and loads of chances to score but we didn't. I mean, on several occasions we cut them open for a direct shot at goal but we fluffed it very well.

Fulham was the game in which we deserved to lose. They bodied us, their game plan was on point and we didn't have any chances at all. If we were clinical, the only match we would have dropped points going by the way we played is Fulham and possibly Liverpool(which to me was a fair draw)

That villa game,that was the Emery plan. His plan worked totally. Asides our bluff. But his plan worked!! Meaning he outsmarted us. Forget any domination talks. Not all domination is a W or ends in W. Some managers just have tiny details that can get them 3points while some sweat over 20 details, overthink them and lose to tiny details. Plus the inability to read and change things during the game too. That killed us. Every time we started a counter vs Villa, we always slowed things down till all purple shirts recovered their shape. That's arrogance!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

End of game: we had loads upon loads of chances, but...

Winners: we did one or two and got the goals. But they came at us hard but we survived

Na by chance?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:30pm On Jan 12
Jodera:

True...
There are so many chances a real striker would have converted but it was really wasted.

One thing I noticed is that most of our attackers are always looking for cutbacks. Nobody is attacking the near post, so even if any of our wingers crosses the ball, it'll look as if it's crossed to nobody

Your last line is accurate and our problem. Infact notice that for crosses Kai does, he's looking for saka and not Nketiah or Jesus. That says a lot. Plus why is Saka refusing to use his head? All our losses, he had such big chances but preferred leg. We need this striker so bad simply because of what's at stake.

Nunez is having a turn around that soon, no one will remember he's a chance waster. He's a 9. But he'll still start over a Jota that plays similar to Jesus.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:38pm On Jan 12
Una wey dey watch Serie A , how good is he ?

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 12:45pm On Jan 12
BlueRayDick:
Very young, spending that much for a youngster no make sense
He's yet to get a cap in dutch national team, mind you that team is average if he's so good he should be supporting simons not depay
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:35pm On Jan 12
mostob:

1. That goal was a result of mix-up between Partey, White and Saka. I wouldn't fault Ramsdale.

2. Partey will play. Rice will move to 8.
1. I personally wouldn't fault Ramsdale. But the news was that Arteta was not happy with his positioning and loss of concentration even though it was Saka who made the pass. This is the report and not my opinion.

2. If anyone is inverting from RB it would push Partey towards LCM which is not suitable for him. I have seen him struggle there. A clear example comes to mind, against West Ham last season where Rice easily dispossessed him and won a penalty.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:38pm On Jan 12
afrodoc2:

Your Kai love is commendable, but it was the wrong move. You needed to sign a mobile CENTRAL MIDFIELDER with decent technique and passing not a hyena.
You have the benefit of hindsight.

Even at that, Kai still possesses the technique and guile of an Ozilesque/Berbatovic midfielder that if he clicks would be of devastating effect. Right now it's not so, but he has the potentials.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:40pm On Jan 12
Jodera:

Options dey..
If Kai gets injured, he won't be missed. That's to tell you options dey

Moreover, he shouldn't have been here in the first place
The bolded may be a genuine argument. But the first paragraph no get evidence. The question is who?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 2:49pm On Jan 12
Marquinhos has been recalled.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:57pm On Jan 12
daveP:

That villa game,that was the Emery plan. His plan worked totally. Asides our bluff. But his plan worked!! Meaning he outsmarted us. Forget any domination talks. Not all domination is a W or ends in W. Some managers just have tiny details that can get them 3points while some sweat over 20 details, overthink them and lose to tiny details. Plus the inability to read and change things during the game too. That killed us. Every time we started a counter vs Villa, we always slowed things down till all purple shirts recovered their shape. That's arrogance!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

End of game: we had loads upon loads of chances, but...

Winners: we did one or two and got the goals. But they came at us hard but we survived

Na by chance?
Lol... Anyways you're right about us slowing counters but I believe if we were clinical, it would be a different story.

Odegaard X2 and Martinelli missed chances would have negated any plans Aston Villa had. Na we personally kill ourselves for that game

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:58pm On Jan 12
daveP:

I sensed it was going to happen. But e no make sense say na after we commot FA and Carabao cup we come recall am

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:06pm On Jan 12
daveP:

Your last line is accurate and our problem. Infact notice that for crosses Kai does, he's looking for saka and not Nketiah or Jesus. That says a lot. Plus why is Saka refusing to use his head? All our losses, he had such big chances but preferred leg. We need this striker so bad simply because of what's at stake.

Nunez is having a turn around that soon, no one will remember he's a chance waster. He's a 9. ]But he'll still start over a Jota that plays similar to Jesus.
There was a reason I asked you that time how many open play headers have Saka actually scored when you were saying that Saka should leave corner kick duties and compete for headers. grin

As for Jota, he's is their killer!!.

Jota have been out since due to injury and he's just returning. Ask any Liverpool fan, Jota is always a firm favourite to always start when fit.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:09pm On Jan 12
Spy360:

The bolded may be a genuine argument. But the first paragraph no get evidence. The question is who?
Trossard never die.
We knew what he can do at LCM in preseason and if given some run of games, he'll excel there cos he's shown he got it. Presently we've ESR too who's back.

Na only you dey feel say no we no get people when actually with or without his signing we for still go far.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:11pm On Jan 12
Spy360:

You have the benefit of hindsight.

Even at that, Kai still possesses the technique and guile of an Ozilesque/Berbatovic midfielder that if he clicks would be of devastating effect. Right now it's not so, but he has the potentials.
Na only for blogs and football sites him deh possess all these techniques right from when him dey Chelsea. Everywhere else apart from the most important place — the pitch!!

This guy PR must be studied!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:28pm On Jan 12
Jodera:
Na only for blogs and football sites him deh possess all these techniques right from when him dey Chelsea. Everywhere else apart from the most important place — the pitch!!

This guy PR must be studied!!

I read the thing I just dey laugh. I don watch Havertz for almost 4 years week in week out and I no see any of these qualities. At this point it appears when Jude of Chelsea thread dropped the Havertz hype, he handed it over to Spy and he he intends to outdo Jude in the new assignment.

Shey na the same Havertz wey dey play like drunkard he dey describe as having technique and guile of Ozilsque & Berbatovic kinikan knikan...? grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:32pm On Jan 12
BlueRayDick:

I started watching him when he was with Bayern and watch him against my Milan. He is technically gifted, a lot of trickery and creative on the ball but don’t expect goals from him or a player that stays inside the box. He isn’t a CF, he thrives in space, fluid movement and freedom to carry the ball to express himself.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:33pm On Jan 12
Roland17:

I started watching him when he was with Bayern and watch him against my Milan. He is technically gifted, a lot of trickery and creative on the ball but don’t expect goals from him or a player that stays inside the box. He isn’t a CF, he thrives in space, fluid movement and freedom to carry the ball to express himself.

In a nuthsell he's a younger and maybe taller Gabriel Jesus
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:38pm On Jan 12
BlueRayDick:
Omo...where all these rumours dey comot sef? First, it was Mayoral..now it is Joshua. I think Joshua is from Bayern academy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:39pm On Jan 12
daveP:
Yea... he is in Dubai. Pensioner sef follow them.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 3:41pm On Jan 12
Spy360:

1. I personally wouldn't fault Ramsdale. But the news was that Arteta was not happy with his positioning and loss of concentration even though it was Saka who made the pass. This is the report and not my opinion.

2. If anyone is inverting from RB it would push Partey towards LCM which is not suitable for him. I have seen him struggle there. A clear example comes to mind, against West Ham last season where Rice easily dispossessed him and won a penalty.
I think you should watch the highlight again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) (3339) (3340) (3341) ... (3553) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.