Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,438 members, 7,853,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:14 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2354998 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3332) (3333) (3334) (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) ... (3545) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:37am On Jan 10
Jodera:

It's alright.
So at least, no be only Arteta we go blame for this one then
They play you hear
They play
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:50am On Jan 10
Jodera:

So is Ramsdale and Saliba too.
Even Gabriel too

If we do Man to Man, the +/- difference no go much compared to Liverpool recruitment of the last 10yrs

I'm not disputing this one jare. Just saying their recent transfers has been making sense.
They just signed Werner sef.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:53am On Jan 10
Jodera:

Even Trossard is from our assistant coach Stuivenberg sef.

Most of this signings go be scout, who'll bring it to edu then him and Arteta go see whether they'll come to the conclusion according to how this team is for improvement except some handpicking like Havertz, Raya (Arteta) and Marquinhos(possibly Edu)

This one no be Man u wey everything deh under coach

Oh... You sef dey follow the transfers? Thank God. At least they won't say I'm defending Arteta.

My opinion is no matter what, you still need the coach's input before signing a player so all these 'board should sign player for him' talk na emotional talk.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:54am On Jan 10
daveP:

We all know he can't be excluded. Why is that even a question to start with? So it is a non-issue.
Exactly my point. He can't be excluded.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:18pm On Jan 10
iamoyindamola:

They play you hear
They play
cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:21pm On Jan 10
mostob:
I'm not disputing this one jare. Just saying their recent transfers has been making sense.
They just signed Werner sef.
Yea, this season transfer have been hits for them. More hits than misses.

Another thing about all these transfers sef na coach. Most of these boys wey deh shine now for Tottenham fit no even shine under Conte
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:27pm On Jan 10
Jodera:
Yea, this season transfer have been hits for them. More hits than misses.

Another thing about all these transfers sef na coach. Most of these boys wey deh shine now for Tottenham fit no even shine under Conte
Gbam! Off mic abeg. Your last paragraph is what some are not realizing.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:32pm On Jan 10
mostob:
Oh... You sef dey follow the transfers? Thank God. At least they won't say I'm defending Arteta.

My opinion is no matter what, you still need the coach's input before signing a player so all these 'board should sign player for him' talk na emotional talk.
Lol... There's a reason why he's called "manager" and not head coach cheesy

I doubt he'll be the one to point out all these Tomi, Viera et al even though after intensive review he'll agree to the player purchase.

The way he treats Tomi, Viera and all, it's different from the way he treats his hand-picked players(like Havertz, Raya)

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:43pm On Jan 10
mostob:
Gbam! Off mic abeg. Your last paragraph is what some are not realizing.
Lol... Na facts be that

See Emery at what he's doing at Aston Villa. Most of the players are from Dean(the coach before Gerrard sef) yet see what he's doing with them

Now, imagine most of these players are what he bought, we'll start hearing how the signings are hits not knowing say na the coach dem dey lack. Same players almost relegated Aston Villa oo grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:25pm On Jan 10
mostob:
Exactly my point. He can't be excluded.
my comments weren't even directed at that angle. So it's not related and not off.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 1:31pm On Jan 10
As for me, i believe football is too entertaining to simple have 100% players that will play to you instructions, esp when such players are key to getting results. If you have 11 robots that can't do things their own way at least for 15% of total 90mins, then wahala dey.

We need such players back at emirates. Klopp doesn't even shout like that on the touchline lately. Not even Emery.He just watches, observes and does his subs if he notices any backtracking. And he trust his small boys too.

KDB is back. All he needs is a touchline moment with Pep to hear what Pep wants to tweak. He does the rest himself. Saka and Nelli don't need to be waiting for MA to tell them to switch before they do. I believe the switching with ruin the man markings both are facing lately.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:38pm On Jan 10
Jodera:
Lol... Na facts be that

See Emery at what he's doing at Aston Villa. Most of the players are from Dean(the coach before Gerrard sef) yet see what he's doing with them

Now, imagine most of these players are what he bought, we'll start hearing how the signings are hits not knowing say na the coach dem dey lack. Same players almost relegated Aston Villa oo grin
Personally, I think setting up a team is the biggest managerial challenge in football. Take for instance the Emery example... he did a great job tactically and thankfully the players bought into his ideology. And then there is another instance where the players the coach personally assembled will sabotage him.

Sancho don go back to Dortmund

Kalvin will likely departs City

Xavi said he doesn't want Felix again

Omo... transfers can be hit or miss.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:40pm On Jan 10
daveP:
my comments weren't even directed at that angle. So it's not related and not off.
Thought as much because your response totally contradicted what I posted.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:43pm On Jan 10
daveP:
As for me, i believe football is too entertaining to simple have 100% players that will play to you instructions, esp when such players are key to getting results. If you have 11 robots that can't do things their own way at least for 15% of total 90mins, then wahala dey.

We need such players back at emirates. Klopp doesn't even shout like that on the touchline lately. Not even Emery.He just watches, observes and does his subs if he notices any backtracking. And he trust his small boys too.

KDB is back. All he needs is a touchline moment with Pep to hear what Pep wants to tweak. He does the rest himself. Saka and Nelli don't need to be waiting for MA to tell them to switch before they do. I believe the switching with ruin the man markings both are facing lately.

Gbam! Pure fact!
I once said it here that sometimes the players need to take matter into their own hands. Saka and Ode will get pinned to the RW all through the match playing rubbish elaborate football as if they forbid them to move. I still think Ode and Martinelli combo on the left will be so devastating but Ode no dey gree move away from Saka. They may be playing to the coach's instruction sha.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:00pm On Jan 10
This one dey deceive himself grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hausa(m): 7:04pm On Jan 10
mostob:
For someone who claimed to have been following arsenal since 1950s, all your questions seem amateurish to me. Sorry to say.
There is really no point in replying because you still won't get the point.
You don't need to reply, bro.

Move on.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hausa(m): 7:06pm On Jan 10
mostob:
This is off-point sorry. Far from the main matter. The issue is should Arteta be excluded from future transfer dealings? Like the board should be the one buying players for him instead?
The more important issue no one seems to talk about is whether or not Arteta can really take us to the promise land.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:53pm On Jan 10
Hausa:
The more important issue no one seems to talk about is whether or not Arteta can really take us to the promise land.
You're free to talk about that too.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:44pm On Jan 10
Borja Mayoral of Getafe

😂😂😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂

22m bid made? Must it be Spain?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:49am On Jan 11
Use nketiah plus cash to get a good forward instead of adding quantity that will end up as fringe player
Nketiah should command 30m add 20 and get vlahovic who the fvck is borja mayoral
He can't even start ahead of the cf we have including useless Kai
Another kiwi kind of transfer is coming
Buy players if they flop their figures won't reduce like that if you want to sell in future
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:28am On Jan 11
iamoyindamola:
Use nketiah plus cash to get a good forward instead of adding quantity that will end up as fringe player
Nketiah should command 30m add 20 and get vlahovic who the fvck is borja mayoral
He can't even start ahead of the cf we have including useless Kai
Another kiwi kind of transfer is coming
Buy players if they flop their figures won't reduce like that if you want to sell in future

Me I sha don't like that Vlahovic, I don't really see what u are seeing in him.

I support we get a quality and proven striker sha, we shouldn't get another player that will be alternating between bench and starting line-up. Like we should get a player that we don't have a choice but to start like Declan Rice
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:31am On Jan 11
BlueRayDick:

Me I sha don't like that Vlahovic, I don't really see what u are seeing in him.

I support we get a quality and proven striker sha, we shouldn't get another player that will be alternating between bench and starting line-up. Like we should get a player that we don't have a choice but to start like Declan Rice
He's cheap the only B class cf you can get at 50m
He's young 23yo
He's good on air, we lack that alot
He's tall and bulky can be our own haaland
He's good on set piece and can deliver 15 epl goals atleast
He's not injury prone like jesus
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:47am On Jan 11
iamoyindamola:

He's cheap the only B class cf you can get at 50m
He's young 23yo
He's good on air, we lack that alot
He's tall and bulky can be our own haaland
He's good on set piece and can deliver 15 epl goals atleast
He's not injury prone like jesus

I agree he's good in the air and has physicality, but I don't know if he will give us that much goals considering he's played all his football in the Italian league and some of their strikers don't really excel in the EPL
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:52am On Jan 11
BlueRayDick:

I agree he's good in the air and has physicality, but I don't know if he will give us that much goals considering he's played all his football in the Italian league and some of their strikers don't really excel in the EPL
We can't exceed 50m this month we spent 200m in the summer
FFP will be looking at us sef, we need to be clever with the signing
That's why i feel nketiah plus 20 will be enough to get him and we use the balance get another midfielder
Timber is back, zinny is also back we don't need full back currently
Even though partey is also back i can't count on him

Btw did viera died from his injury that ogbeni collect red and got injured in process
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:59am On Jan 11
iamoyindamola:

We can't exceed 50m this month we spent 200m in the summer
FFP will be looking at us sef, we need to be clever with the signing
That's why i feel nketiah plus 20 will be enough to get him and we use the balance get another midfielder
Timber is back, zinny is also back we don't need full back currently
Even though partey is also back i can't count on him

Btw did viera died from his injury that ogbeni collect red and got injured in process

I think selling Nketiah will help our books sef cos he is home-grown, we don't need to do subtraction and addition to get his actual value. Whatever value we sell him will be his real value. If players like Watkins or Bowen get injury, na to sell him give them for good money.

I think Viera had been nursing injury before the red card incident sha. I won't mind if we can sell Nelson too and buy somebody else. Nelson just seem to have his progress stalled for like forever and it's neither helping his career nor our team.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:02am On Jan 11
BlueRayDick:

I think selling Nketiah will help our books sef cos he is home-grown, we don't need to do subtraction and addition to get his actual value. Whatever value we sell him will be his real value. If players like Watkins or Bowen get injury, na to sell him give them for good money.

I think Viera had been nursing injury before the red card incident sha. I won't mind if we can sell Nelson too and buy somebody else. Nelson just seem to have his progress stalled for like forever and it's neither helping his career nor our team.
He as been like that i don't really like the guy na because he helped us last season i leave am
We must sell kiwi too e better make we play academy player than that brainless guy
Enough is enough i am not even taking about own goal here but he is complete short one in all matches
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:07am On Jan 11
If it comes down to Vlahovic vs Calvert Lewin, i will pick the latter anyday. That Vlahovic no even reach half of Osimhen. Not even that Kvara. So why go for him? I feel it's one of the negatives of the latter part of Wenger years-getting strikers that would NEVER score 20goals in a season in EPL. Na curse?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:11am On Jan 11
BlueRayDick:

Talking of Injury, i'm seriously scared for Saka. During the Liverpool game, the commentator said he's been managing an Achilles injury for weeks. I didn't like the sound of that. It is better we get a backup now. If that guy gets injured, we should just forget it!!! Dunno why this guy doesn't want to get that Lens winger that gave us problems in France.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:11am On Jan 11
daveP:
Borja Mayoral of Getafe

😂😂😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂đŸ¤Ŗ😂

22m bid made? Must it be Spain?

Lol... Ex Madrid academy player.

Omorr, this guy is mid. How the hell are we looking at him?

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:18am On Jan 11
Jodera:

Lol... Ex Madrid academy player.

Omorr, this guy is mid. How the hell are we looking at him?
Those werey rejected the 22 they are holding out for 40m
Make una go buy osinmeh na make FFP hol arsenal for blokos grin grin
If mayoral is 40 and vlahovic is 50 make una buy mayoral na as cheap option
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:19am On Jan 11
daveP:

Talking of Injury, i'm seriously scared for Saka. During the Liverpool game, the commentator said he's been managing an Achilles injury for weeks. I didn't like the sound of that. It is better we get a backup now. If that guy gets injured, we should just forget it!!! Dunno why this guy doesn't want to get that Lens winger that gave us problems in France.
When we have a stupid coach with no brain of his own nko

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 11:22am On Jan 11
daveP:

I thought everyone knew, I knew before the match that he's been battling achilles injury. I read it sometimes last week, himself and one other player I can't remember now.

If we can sell Nelson, buy someone else and maybe recall Maquinos if he has improved(Although I didn't follow his progress while on loan sha )

(1) (2) (3) ... (3332) (3333) (3334) (3335) (3336) (3337) (3338) ... (3545) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "mÊs Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: PendragonVII and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.